OtakuBoards

What are you 'addicted' to?

ChibiHorsewoman

Guest narutoIZZAbest
dangit!! what do you THINK im addicted to? O____O

hmm.. here's some clues..
i spend most of my time in my room..
i will try to finish everything as quickly as possible or more likely to put it off because of this..
Oh! And im also able to stay on this for 14 hours straight without gettin' bored..

My comp... but without the INTERNET it would be kinda boring :P

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[size=1]I'm most addicted to my computer. If it were a person and we were dating, I'm sure she would have dumped me for being to clingy.

AIM is super addicting to me right now, I can't stop. Same with myspace, I tried staying off but I failed miserably. I tried the myspace challenge, which was to stay off of myspace for more then 2 days or somewhere around there, and I got on the next day. Gah..

Talking on my cell has got to be one for me too. I openly admit to me being addicted to it and I'm not planning to stop. =P

Heh, well I guess making and taking pictures is one too. I really think that's fun though, so I'm not really planning to stop that one too soon. Oh! Listening to music is one for me too!

Gosh, I should stop... I'll get carried away. :whoops:

--Lan[/size]

[COLOR=DarkRed]There are a couple of things I'm addicted to right now. One would be an online text RPG, aka MUD called Achaea. I've spent 25 days, 8 hours, and 4 minutes on my main character, and on my other one, about 20 hours. I really love the game and I play it nonstop.

The other right now is texting on my cell phone. It is so much fun I already made about 25 text messages already? heh heh
Whatever works to keep me awake in class, lol.

Other than that, I am addicted to writing and drawing. I do those non stop. I love to journal and draw doodles.[/COLOR]

I'm really addicted to Hello Kitty.

And everyone knows it. And I'm not ashamed.

I also love Koge Pan, Tare Panda and other slightly twisted Japanese children's show characters.

And when I had a job (and, consequently, lots of money and no time), I was addicted to buying anime and manga.

I'm developing a slow and steady addiction to ebay.

Definitely NOT healthy.

I'm addicted to the Internet. Self explanitory.

I'm addicted to iced coffee with 7 spoons of sugar per cup, and ramen. Any kind of ramen, it doesn't matter. Know why it doesn't matter?

...Because I'm also addicted to soy sauce. Which drowns out and defeats the purpose of the flavor pack that comes in the ramen.

I'm only addicted to coffee and ramen because my muses DEMAND them.

Yes, I'm an annoying person that blames her troubles on some outside source.

Or in this case, inside source.
I piss me off too. Sorry.

And I'm addicted to focusing my energies and basing my life and existence around one anime at a time. It was FMA for a while. Now it's Naruto. It shall probably return to FMA once somebody pirates the movie with ****** subtitles and sells it by the masses on ebay.

• 1 month later...
Guest AmandaS
i <3 demon ororon. it is amazing. and of course i'm addicted to manga. way more then im addicted to anime. I started reading in 5th grade and since then i've collected over 350 manga and over 35 different series. There hasn't really been a series that i haven't liked. My favorites are Mars, and Ororon.

[quote name='Hug Monster][COLOR=Purple']lemon aid. When my mom buys it I drink and average of 2 liters a day. Its pretty bad. Especially when I place a bottle next to me and play video games while knocking down bottles. Video Games are also an addiction. I use all my money on games, and I am often quite greedy in how I get that money, without realising it. (I.E. Not realizing that when I bug my parents about money and they say they dont have it, they dont have it.) I guess money is also an addiction.[/COLOR][/quote]

...This is no longer true at all
[COLOR=Purple]
My new addiction is... nothing! Well, I always have to have something in my mouth. Gum, a lolly pop, a stick I brake off a tree, a slim jim, anything resembling a cigarette <_< No, I don't smoke and never had and I don't want to but for some reason I have this urge to pretend I am. I think Ill end up smoking eventually, but I will at least wait till Im old enough to buy the packs <_<[/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Farto the Magic]I'm addicted to bones.....

I also like furs.....

I also like spiked objects.....

I scare myself.[/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]Just so you know you're not alone... You scare me too.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Derald][COLOR=DarkSlateGray']It may just be that I'm new here, but I think everyone is forgetting one essential part of life - pie.[/COLOR][/quote]

[SIZE=1]Mmmmm, pie =P

My addiction would have to be tetris. Ah, my wonderful tetris. It's such a solitary, confining game... With so many strategies!

But my awesome parents just bought me and my cousin two-player tetris! I could hardly tear myself away to come check my PMs/Emails!

I win every time. I've cleared 867 lines before, honestly.[/SIZE]

Guest Heero yuy
I'm addticted to over thinking and over complicating situations.

It's more of a habit now, cause that's the type of person I am.

But I know, I do it...and I'm sure, being logical, I could stop it. But I don't...

Maybe, I'm just nervous about things...

Guest kuroinuyoukai
I think I am addicted to OtakuBoards. I get on here and PM people for hours on end. I should be studying or something but instead I am cruising the OB.

I am kinda shy so I don't have many friends at college so I have compensated and made them on here. :catgirl:

Yeah-I need to get a social life!!

[FONT="COURIER NEW"]At the moment some of my biggest addictions are My Chemical Romance (surprise, surprise), Chuck Taylors, and doodling, sketching, drawing, etc.

I recently became addicted to these things after being introduced to them by friends or family. Like My Chemical Romance, I learned about that group when I was at school and a friend let me listen to some cd he had. I was all like "I can't believe people actually listen to this stuff," but now, their music has become part of my everyday life. There's not one day that goes by without me singing one of their songs.

The Chuck Taylor thing came by kind of randomly when I couldn't find the K-Swiss' I wanted so I just said "**** it" and grabbed some Chuck T's. Now everytime I go to the mall I choose another style and another color of the same shoes.

Finally, the drawing and sketching thing started when they assigned me a Graphics class for the year. Every piece of work that I turn in at school has some form of writing or doodling that makes no sense. It's gotten me into trouble on certain occasions, like when I get caught in class, but I somehow find it so hard to actually pay attention to the teacher. Ah well, I guess we all find it hard huh?

Well yup, I guess those are my current addictions but I'm pretty sure there'll be more to come.:p[/FONT]

Skateboarding indeed its like a drug to me like if i go take out the trash i must bring the board or if i'm going to a party must bring the board.I just have a saying that seems to work out for me:"the world is my skatepark",so that is why i lug my board everywhere hope that i don't miss a pair of stiars or something.

I beleive my afliction can best be summed up by Robert Palmer:

You Might As Well Face It, I'm A-DA-DA-Dicted to Love.

And I know I like to think I'm immune to the stuff, but I just keep getting closer to the truth that I can't get enough.

But seriously, I love to snowboard more than anything else. I will just about anything for a good powder run. There's just nothing else like it. Drugs? The rush isn't nearly as high. Trust me. I've even tried doing it [spoiler]while high[/spoiler], but that just takes away from the experiance. I don't know if I'm aloud to mention that on these boards, seeing as there are quite a few youngins, so I tagged it.

Also, I love pretty much any music I can nod my head to. If it get my blood moving, I'll get hooked for a while and listen to it till its dead. However, this does lead to some painful withdrawl when I don't have a specific song to start my playlist with at any certain point. Currently, that song is Daft Punk's "Harder Better Faster Stronger." Hell, I'm rockin out to it right now.

Party On Garth.

• 2 months later...
[QUOTE=Charon]Rice pudding!
Kozy Shack's European Style Rice Pudding is the best fricken thing on the planet. There are generally 6 servings for the big containers, but I'll end up usually find myself halfway through in about two minutes.[/QUOTE]

[size=1][font=georgia]*bows down* I love that stuff; I ate almost the whole container once, it was that irresistable.

[b]My Computer:[/b]
Every time I come home from school, I find myself sitting in front of my computer in this uncomfortable chair. I do a few things; post here, post other places, IM, rip a CD or two, and play The Sims or some City-Building game. (Currently now it's Pharaoh; I don't care if it's kinda old)

[b]Music:[/b]
Music is a big thing in my life. I can't be relaxing without music playing, and I find myself doing better and more motivated on things when music is playing. It doesn't matter what kind, I just love music.

[b]Butterscotch Hard Candies:[/b]
Sweetness, endless yummy sweetness. I resist from eating at least three every two days though.[/font][/size]

I'm addicted to playing solitaire. I need to beat it at least once in the afternoon and once at night.

For a while I was addicted to Sudoku too. But I kind of passed that phase, although I still really like those puzzles. Same with Text Twist.

I'm addicted to Dr.Pepper. Like honestly addicted. I need that stuff. It's like water to me. (Woah, that comment just confirmed to me that I'm dying young!!)

Lately, I'm addicted to Naruto. And Before it was Kenshin, but I'm on a Kenshin hiatus until I'm done Naruto, plus I gotta d/l the other torrent I need.

Anime Insider magazine. It's not an everyday thing, but an every month thing. I always need to get the new issue. I don't know why I just don't subscribe.

My boyfriend. I need to talk to him everday. And I need him to say goodnight to me every night. Such is love <3

Smoking (Yeah yeah, I don't need to hear it on that one. You can't tell me anything I don't allready know.)

yep.... I'm definately an addict.

Guest Syrius
Manga, Anime, writing, reading.

Oh, and my Kool filter kings ciggarettes.............I live in the House of Menthol.