OtakuBoards

What Super Powers Would You Want?

lcrisler

[B]Chibi Horsewoman[/B] bugged me until I told her I'd post this thread, so if it's been done before, someone please poke her with a stick...anyway, here goes:

Superpowers. Everyone has wanted them at one point or another. Which ones would you pick and why?

For me, it would be Multiple Man from the X-Men. He makes copies of himself when hit. How practical is that? He can even hit himself if need be, to produce the desired amount of duplicates. And, he maintains psychic contact with them and can reabsorb them at will. Sounds perfect to me. Messy house? Gang War? Don't feel like deploying to Iraq? Don't worry, the dupe'll do it! :animesmil

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[color=darkviolet]I didn't bug him, I suggested that Lcrisler show that he is still alive with minimal brain capacity...after all he [i]did[/i] cut his head open last week. :animesmil

Well anyway, I suppose that one super power I'd really like to have is the ability to fly. It'd save a crap load of money on airline tickets. Sure, it would scaresome people and the Department of defense might ge a bit wierded out, but oh well.

But I don't think I'd want to have wings like Arc Angel from X-men they'd rip my clothes and people would look at me funny.

But yeah, flying would be cool. And it would go really good with the optic blast power I'd have. I'd use that to blast holes in walls and start a construction company.

So yeah, I flying hole blasting person...yes, my work here is done.[/color]

[COLOR=DarkOrange]I want the ability to fly, too, wings and all. Hey, feathers are cool. I'm not sure [i]why[/i] I'd want that...I'm terrified of heights, and most of my nightmares involve falling, but meh. Whatever. Or wait...nevermind... I'd want to be like Nightcrawler...don't feel like walking? Poof! You're wherever you wanted to be, leaving cool smoke behind...not to mention tails = cool.I'm such a geek...[/COLOR]

[quote name='ChibiHorsewoman][color=darkviolet']But I don't think I'd want to have wings like Arc Angel from X-men they'd rip my clothes and people would look at me funny.[/color][/quote]If I could fly, I wouldn't have it any other way. Wings = babe magnets.

Telekinesis would easily be the most useful superpower I could choose. Hell, if you knew what you were doing, you could even pick up every leaf in your yard so you wouldn't have to rake. The possibilities are quite endless.

That Multiple Man thing sounds awesome, but I think that my first alternative would have to be bullet time. I can be a pretty big oaf at times, so being able to slow time to catch the glass of wine that I just knocked into my date (who I picked up with my wings ^_^) before it has a chance to hit her would be supremely useful.

[size=1]Teleportation would be pretty good. Why fly when you can teleport there. Or just teleport yourself into the sky and drop...and teleport and drop...and teleport and drop... I'm sure I could spend years amusing myself in that manner. Oh, and the ability to turn invisible would be cool as well ~_^.

Just coz it would...[/size]

[quote name='ChibiHorsewoman][color=darkviolet']I'd really like to have is the ability to fly. .[/color][/quote]
I would love to fly... No wings... Just to be able to fly high above the ground...

If any of you have seen Teen Titans... Think starfire or Raven... They dont have wings but can fly... Most people want flight... Thats cool. I would also like the power of fire... I would love it if I could control flame... Make fireballs or something like that. I wouldnt use it to harm others of course.

I wouldnt need matches for my candles... It light it myself. Camping? Pah who needs to rub two sticks together when you got me and my firey fist! But anyways heah...

Flight and Fire

I'd like to fly, and really really fast and agilely too. Like Dragon Ball Z fast and agile.

Shooting junk out of my hands would rock too, but I don't think it would be particularly useful very often. Except when saving the world, every now and then. Gotta use that power then...

And [b]selective[/b] x-ray vision. For obvious reasons. :animenose

If I could have the power of flight, I'd choose to fly like Cannonball from the X-Men. He generates a blast field that makes him invulnerable while in flight, so it doesn't really hurt when he accidentally (or purposely) slams into anything, and he doesn't have to worry about feeling the Gs of high speeds. Those trees, walls, and wind resistance are hell if you fly too fast. Have you ever stuck your head out a car window while in motion? That's tough.

Anyway, a power I'd really want is the power to manipulate light. This means bending and redirecting light to make things invisible, moving light to make things darker or brighter, shifting the light spectrum to make things change color, shaping realistic illusions, ect. Maybe include the ability to see into the infared and ultra violet spectrums as well.

The ability to shapeshift according to the most benefitial appearance in any given situation. My appearance would also be different when different people see me.

Purhaps alittle less out there, A superpower I would like someone to invent is a clever box that reminded me of peoples names and purhaps alittle valuable info. about them. Not really a superpower, purhaps i could be called [I]Megamemory man[/I]. (Maybe its not evan a superpower)

[color=green]I'd chose the Hydrokinekis (Ability to create and control water), Cyrokinekis (The abilty to form and control Ice.), and the ability to teleport. Think about it.........

Ya make a small puddle in front of someone you don't like. he steps in it, then ya freeze it. You teleport and grab a security guard, then teleport back, then teleport away.

Security Guard=Instant Blame.[/color]

[size=1][color=#003399]Now I bet all of you would probably want the ability to fly or be invincible, but I know what ability I would want. Telekenisis and super speed are all I would need.

Its the best combonation, you can run around so fast that no one would be able to tell who you are and you pick up things at the same time causing mayhem, or fighting crime. I personally would cause mayhem because thats just my style. ^_^[/size][/color]

[COLOR=#B33D79][SIZE=1]Ah, what I'd give to have the [b]ability to manipulate anyone[/b].

Cheesy, yes, but when [i]you[/i] get your pyrokinetic/telekinetic/shapeshifting powers, I could easily will you into doing [i]my[/i] every bidding. I'll be Queen of the Hall of Justice in no time.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=Navy]I'd like the ability to teleport anywhere, and not just slowly like you'd normally think. I'd want to be able to teleport so fast I'd be able to make it seem as if I were in more than one place at a time. That way I could be doing school work, playing video games, and working out at the gym all at the same time. Mwahahahaha[/COLOR] [/SIZE] [/FONT] :naughty:

I would love to have the ability to [b]control time[/b]. For example, if I saw someone in danger I could stop time and help them. Let's say they are going to get hit by a bus. I would stop time so I could go over and move them out of the way. I wouldn't have to work since I could find out the winning numbers of the lottery, rewind time and buy a ticket with those numbers and win! It would be great!

If controling time is too much to ask for I would like to be like Cyborg 009 and be able to move very quickly. It has a very similar idea. I could move quickly enough to help people in danger. If I can't control all of time I would at least like to move very quickly. So many great benefits...messy house and unexpected guests...no worries! I could clean the entire house and get cookies in the oven all before answering the door. Then when they enter the house I can tell them I just put some cookies in the oven so they are just in time for some fresh baked cookies.

That would so rock.

Guest Alchemist
The best power that I think I could have would be telacanesis because I would be able to send out psycic blast just like Mewtwo that would be life. Also like Panda said Time Control would be nice.

Ah, what I would want is to be able to create/manipulate objects with the power of thought. For example;

1. It's a hot day, and you need something to cool yourself down. So you think about ice-cream and - [COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][I]Phwoosh![/I][/COLOR] - there it is.

2. You're stuck in a long boring battle with an evil super-villain. So you think about a 15-ton rock and - [COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][I]Phwoosh![/I][/COLOR] - bye-bye Mr. Evildude.

3. You're an evil villain, and you want to conquer the world, but then realise that it'd be much easier to just create your own world. So you think about an earth-like planet and - [COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][I]Phwoosh![/I][/COLOR] - you've got your own ickle world to rule. Rock on.

But the question is, what to call the power? Psychogenesis sounds cool, but the word's already taken. Hmm........

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=1]Right. Anyways you people dont know what the cool ones are. I would want the ability to create/manipulate/become/and teleport to and from shadows. Think about it. You dont wanna be seen just make your self a shadow. Or you wanna scare someone you just move there shadow onto a wall then start cahnging it into Bahumt or something. I like the shadows so... this my power and you guys cant have it.[/size][/font]

[QUOTE=Rei_Man]Ah, what I would want is to be able to create/manipulate objects with the power of thought. For example;

1. It's a hot day, and you need something to cool yourself down. So you think about ice-cream and - [COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][I]Phwoosh![/I][/COLOR] - there it is.

2. You're stuck in a long boring battle with an evil super-villain. So you think about a 15-ton rock and - [COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][I]Phwoosh![/I][/COLOR] - bye-bye Mr. Evildude.

3. You're an evil villain, and you want to conquer the world, but then realise that it'd be much easier to just create your own world. So you think about an earth-like planet and - [COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][I]Phwoosh![/I][/COLOR] - you've got your own ickle world to rule. Rock on.

But the question is, what to call the power? Psychogenesis sounds cool, but the word's already taken. Hmm........[/QUOTE]
It's all fun and games until you send everyone you know into the cornfields.

[COLOR=Blue]I would like to be a lycanthromorph. You know, a ware creature. For me, either a ware-Tiger or a ware-panter. Yeah, that would be cool. When I transform, I'd have superstrength, agility, super seneses, razor sharp claws, teeth, and regenerative ablities. But I'd still be in control so I'm not a snarling beast. And to transform at will. Besides, imagine all the bad guy *** I could kick. :animesmil

"KAMEHAMEHA!"

Dragonboym2[/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Panda]I would love to have the ability to [b]control time[/b].
That would so rock.[/QUOTE]

Dang, that's what I was going to say !

Although, my motives would be less noble than yours. Imagine how much easier my final exams would have been if I could stop time half-way through and cheat my bottom off! And thieving - think of all the pretty shiny things one could steal?

And if one could control time, one could probably travel back through it. If I could do that, I'd definatly go back to when I was fifteen and give myself a slap in the head for not taking certain "oppertunities", and then make sure I'd take them!

Invisibility. Yeah. Just immagin... you could go somewhere where you're not allowed, or not meant to be, and nobody would ever know. Underage and you can get into the nightclubs. You could scare someone to death. Drive a car without a license, who would they arrest? The car wouldn't have a driver, according to the cop.

"The possibilities are endless." :smoke:

[color=darkviolet]I just thought of another super power that [i]nobody[/i] thought of and [i]nobody[/i] has.

I want the power to make money-[i]real money[/i] not that fake stuff- appear at will in the palm of my hand. Or at the very least in my savings account. Then I could go out and but what ever I wanted[/color]