OtakuBoards

What Super Powers Would You Want?

lcrisler

[QUOTE=ChibiHorsewoman][color=darkviolet]I just thought of another super power that [i]nobody[/i] thought of and [i]nobody[/i] has.

I want the power to make money-[i]real money[/i] not that fake stuff- appear at will in the palm of my hand. Or at the very least in my savings account. Then I could go out and but what ever I wanted[/color][/QUOTE]Wouldn't that just throw the federal reserve out of whack? Unless I'm mistaken, they only print money depending on the amount of gold and silver they mine. With you creating billions on a whim, wouldn't that deflate the dollar's value a lot?

Now, if you could create gold, that'd be a surefire idea. Of course, everyone would probably start calling you No-Face pretty quickly. (Or at least all the anime geeks would. ^_^)

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love to be able to make anything I want turn alive. There's really no reason for me wanting this, I just had a disagreement with some online friends whether or not rocks have feelings, and if I had this power I would be able to make them be alive, so I can prove to my friends that I was right!^^;

But it might be kinda creepy too, what if you're at a funeral and you accidently touch the corpse...>>;

[COLOR=Navy]I'd like to have the ability to stop time also.

Reason being because it'd be nice to stop time for my own purposes as well as for others.

Like....if I really am going crazy over this one guy, I'd stop time....so that I can tell him how I really feel, and whatnot. I also would like to stop time for exploring. New York City, or Heidelberg would be pretty interesting places with various people in midstep.

I'd also would like to help others in need as well. [/COLOR]

[size=1]My ideal super power would be the ability to manipulate air and wind. I wrote a story about this once and it just seems like the best logical super power for me. Since air is everywhere you're never powerless. In manipulating air you can also manipulate other elements [i]and[/i] you never get hot. How awesome is that? Pretty ******* awesome in my oppinion. I mean I could fly on wind currents and flying is cool. So yea, that's my super power of choice.[/size]

I'd have to choose to control heat. If I want fire, just look at piece of wood make it so hot it combusts, and there ya go! Other than that I'd just like to be able to make copies of myself like Tien does in dragon ball. No real reason for this ablity except to be able to always be in more than one place (very useful, it would be, for school ;) ).

Isn't it obvious?

Screw flight. Screw heat. Screw super strength. Hell, even screw ice powers.

My super power of choice would be the ability to shoot Anti-Symantec Death Rays from my finger tips. It would be the best power ever. I could rid the world of the evil that is Symantec.

[QUOTE=Siren]Isn't it obvious?

Screw flight. Screw heat. Screw super strength. Hell, even screw ice powers.

My super power of choice would be the ability to shoot Anti-Symantec Death Rays from my finger tips. It would be the best power ever. I could rid the world of the evil that is Symantec.[/QUOTE]
[size=1]For a second I thought you wrote "Anti-Semetic Death Rays," and I started laughing uncontrollably because of how inappropriate that was. And then I realized what you actually wrote, and laughed even harder. Oy.

As for super-powers, I think telekenisis would be really nifty. With an insane amount of practice, you could do just about whatever you want with it. Flying? Sure! Force-fields? No problem! Split someone's spinal cord in half? Great!

Not that I'd ever use my powers for evil... mm...

-Shy[/size]

[SIZE=1]Interesting, most interesting.

People, the best super power would obviously be superhuman intelligence, I mean with it you could just build gadgets to mimic other super powers. There'd be no need to rely on some nuclear accident to give you your powers, you'd just build something that could give it to you. [[i]Puts on Comic Book Guy voice[/i]] Best Power Ever.[/SIZE]

[QUOTE=Kane][SIZE=1]Interesting, most interesting.

People, the best super power would obviously be superhuman intelligence, I mean with it you could just build gadgets to mimic other super powers. There'd be no need to rely on some nuclear accident to give you your powers, you'd just build something that could give it to you. [[i]Puts on Comic Book Guy voice[/i]] Best Power Ever.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[color=darkviolet]Yeah, then you can go on Jeopardy and kick Ken Jenning's butt by beating his record! Hell yeah!

Oh, F.Y.I. Ken Jennings was the guy on the US Jeopardy who kept winning all this money from I think June until October. He made over 2 million answering questions on a game show. I think I'd like that power as well.[/color]

[b][font=Verdana][size=1]I guess I'd want to be able [i]to manipulate all matter and to be able to manipulate time[/i]. [/size][/font][/b]

[b][font=Verdana][size=1]I mean, if you could manipulate all matter, you could have every other power mentioned, because even energy is matter- you could shapeshift and throw fire and become invisible and bend light and all that good stuff...including flight and teleportation (and, although it's been theorized that time itself is also matter, I had to throw that one in, as well, just in case it's proved not to be the case).[/size][/font][/b]
[b][font=Verdana][size=1][/size][/font][/b]
[b][font=Verdana][size=1]Someone I know is obsessed with being able to do alchemy...like Ed Elric... but you could transmutate [i]anything [/i]if you could manipulate matter... you wouldn't be stuck being just a "flame alchemist" or a "metal alchemist"...[/size][/font][/b]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1] I wouldn't like to fly because mainly I'm scared of flight, as for time travel not so hot on that either. Would if you got stuck in time? scary! There are a few super powers that would come in handy for me though that I liked....

[QUOTE=ChibiHorsewoman][color=darkviolet]I just thought of another super power that [i]nobody[/i] thought of and [i]nobody[/i] has.

I want the power to make money-[i]real money[/i] not that fake stuff- appear at will in the palm of my hand. Or at the very least in my savings account. Then I could go out and but what ever I wanted[/color][/QUOTE]

Okay much love for this idea. No compaints there. Can anyone say free shopping spree in Paris?

[/SIZE][/FONT]

Over the years people have asked people this same question time and time again and everyone always comes up with something that would seem cool. Like flying or controlling heat. In all of that time I have never, not even once, heard anyone come up with the power that I suggest that I would love to have. I would want the power of nullification. In other words the ability to stop all processes aka null otehr powers. IMO it is the best power of all based mainly on the fact that no other power could harm me because I have nulled it.

[COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=1]I want the powers of a genie. Then I could wish for all the superpowers in the world. If I was hungry I can wish myself some pepperoni Hot Pockets. Yummy. If I'm short of cash, I would wish myself enough pennies to pay for whatever I needed. And it has to be pennies to piss off cashiers. If I want a new Beatle thing, *poof* there it is. But, I have lots and lots of Beatle things (in your face, Ozy!...just kiddin').

-t3h 1 & oN13 :devil:[/SIZE][/COLOR]

I would want to have the ablity to grow long black wings and fly. I would also like to travel through different dimensions into different anime and harnest the powers and rule the world!!!!!! MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHA!!!!!!!! :animesweat:*coughs* I also like to control darkness. :animesigh: It's not like I'll have them anyways

I'm a pretty subtle person, so I'd pick a superpower that I can have without anyone else knowing. I would love the ability to read people's minds. As fond as I am with psychology, I can't tell everything someone is thinking, and while most people like me, there are still a few who don't, and I just don't understand why. I don't need to fly, shoot flames, ect. I just want to tell what people think and understand them... Kind of a lame superpower right? lol

[quote name='bogger3k']Over the years people have asked people this same question time and time again and everyone always comes up with something that would seem cool. Like flying or controlling heat. In all of that time I have never, not even once, heard anyone come up with the power that I suggest that I would love to have. I would want the power of nullification. In other words the ability to stop all processes aka null otehr powers. IMO it is the best power of all based mainly on the fact that no other power could harm me because I have nulled it.[/quote]But how would that benefit you in a world where noone else even [i]has[/i] superpowers? And if other people did have superpowers, how do you stop the guy who can control time and shoot you before you have time to react?

Guest Crimson Spider
I have no idea where to start. I have had an endless list of powers ever since I was a little kid, and, well, I can never decide on them.

[b]CS'es List of SUPER POWERS![/b]

O.K. If superpowers were something that pratically everyone has (X men, anyone?), I would want the ability to negate super powers! Shoot death rays? Gone! Gonna Fly away? Gone! (Watches a dozen fellow board members fall from the sky). And those things.

Second power I thought about having is something I call Echokinesis, that is the ability to make, control, and manipulate sound. Ultra-low sound is theorized to be able to knock down bricks and trees and stuff. Different frequencies can make people crap their pants, unable to establish orientation and direction, shatter glass, and other stuff that is associated with sound. Other abilities include echolocation, emulating voices and other sounds, and even muting them!

I also liked hydrokinesis for awhile.

I once mentioned having unmatched agility and a reaction time of 0.0002 seconds (which is 500 times quicker than the standard humans reaction time). Which would mean that the paradox of the appearance of time would both be slow yet traveling at it's original speed, and with the enhanced agility I could become a spiderman-like guy.

For more pratical use, I would go with a collision of powers that includes being able to swim at least 60 MPH (slight shape-shifting to hide fins... and gills), breath underwater, take immense water pressures, withstand great cold temperatures, echo-location. Basically, I'll be a water guy. Sure, flying is cool, but I woul love to swim to the near botem of the ocean and see everything with echo-location. Guess it's because I live in a desert I prefer this over flying :D.

But the sound thing is cool, too.

My ideal superpower would be teleportation. What would be even better is if there were absolutely no hinderances on the use of the power! Imagine being able to disappear and reappear all over the world, whenever you want, with no extended amounts of time in-between. I'd never take the bus again, and I'd follow the rain whenever possible.

Oh, the fortune I'd save on airline tickets! :D

[color=darkviolet]You know what power has [i]never[/i] been thought of? The power to have a short painless labor! Seriously folks. The beginning of labor (AKA giving birth) is extremely boring and can last for a few [i][b]DAYS[/i][/b]. Then it gets really painful And epidurals, although one of the greatest inventions known to women, do have some serious side effects.

So yeah, the power to have a quick painless labor would be great. It would also be nice if it came with the ability to lose your pregnancy weight plus an additional 30 pounds would be nice too. Or the ability to make men give birth[/color]