Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
I heard that the Cartoon Network version is a rather messed up, is that right ? Censored Dragonball ? LOL I mean, do they show Chibi-Songoku´s "li´l friend" ? No ? I heard that they drew blue pants, and stuff... I mean, I´m watching the German version, which is WAY messed up with the dubbin, but, fortunately, not censored ;) ...

[CanSee]
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
yes, in the first episode of DragonBall you can see Gokou's penis (in the dub version they do not).... ofcourse it's not meant anymore than to show some type of reality in the series... and in Japan, a simple naked animaed boy is just another thing.... japanese have more important things to worry about other than the censoring of things like a naked cartoon boy... Like educating their kids to be the smartest in the world.

Anyway, yes, when they brought DB/Z over to the US the censored alot... took out some dialogue (ie: Kamisennin's Porn obsession I'm sure they'll get rid of or change some how) only to try to market it to kids better... I'm sure if they didn't they would have had the whole Christian community along with unfit parents complaining on why they show that on TV.... To protect the stupid in America, the smart give up all of it's rights.

But, yes, they do show Gokou's, Gohan's, Goten's, and Trunk's penises.... and butts too... they seem to be a LOT more lienent with that in Dragonball.... from what i saw... i was rather surprised when I saw them do that...

However the most ridiculous change was Mr. Satan's name to hercule..... It's not like some Christian boy is going to assume Satan looks like a 40 ear old bad hair cut, balding man with a mustache..... ugh.... stupid choice on FUNi's part... they could at least make it a better name.... Hercule... thats the biggest load of crap I've ever heard.
Posted
Yeah, both of those things really annoy me, but the REALLY annoying thing is that whenever me and my friends talk about DBZ at school, whenever I say Mr. Satan or Room Of Spirit And Time, they all say stuff like:
"What are you talking about? Do you mean Hercule? And the Hyperbolic Time Chamber?"
It really gets me annoyed! :flaming:
Guest Imsirion
Posted
didn't they also change hell to the home of infinite loosers?
Posted
The hercule was ok if it stayed Mr. Satan but changeing Hell from home for infitanit losers was just plain sad. What I hate is when Saban owned it they messed it up mor ethan Funi did. I could see the pants hovering over Goku's *** when he was fishing in the first episode. they would show Raditz moving his hand up than Gohan on the ground. It was just sad.
Posted
[SIZE=1]Does anyone else notice that Bulma's father (Dr. Briefs) had the cigarette in his mouth digitaly removed. C'mon! Like a four year old is oing to watch DBZ and see a supporting character smoke and say "wow, I want to smoke too." its the little things that bug me the most. Changing character names isn't that big a deal to me. The Hercule/Mr. Satan thing didn't bother me too much because I know some christian rights groups would completely make a big deal about his name. "Why is he called satan? he isn't even a powerful enemy, are you trying to make children unafraid of going to hell?" these are just things I thought of, I know they are stupid but the actual questions would probably be even worse.[/SIZE]
Posted
He, I mean, yeah, the English version is way lame, but on the other hand the Italian version is really ironic: lotta penises and everything, but they changed KameHameHa to [B]Sphera Energetica[/B] looooooool !

[CanSee]
Guest Imsirion
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by CanSee [/i]
[B]He, I mean, yeah, the English version is way lame, but on the other hand the Italian version is really ironic: lotta penises and everything, but they changed KameHameHa to [B]Sphera Energetica[/B] looooooool !

[CanSee] [/B][/QUOTE]

SPHERA ENERGETICA...... what the hell were they thinking?!?:eek: ...how lame... -_-;
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by CanSee [/i]
[B]He, I mean, yeah, the English version is way lame, but on the other hand the Italian version is really ironic: lotta penises and everything, but they changed KameHameHa to [B]Sphera Energetica[/B] looooooool !

[CanSee] [/B][/QUOTE]

Isn't that a pasta in italy? Just asking.
Posted
I can see you guys are talking bout the dubbed version of DBZ. I didn't know it was dubbed till when I went on the Internet and there were Vegeta and Bulma having .... (well you know!):blush:
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Kaioshin [/i]
[B]I can see you guys are talking bout the dubbed version of DBZ. I didn't know it was dubbed till when I went on the Internet and there were Vegeta and Bulma having .... (well you know!):blush: [/B][/QUOTE]

lol, they never show it in the series.. that would probably just be hentai or fanart
Posted
in the dubbed version... after the oozaru gohan/vegeta fight, vegeta & naked gohan were both unconcious next to each other on the ground, & a little scrap of vegeta's pant leg is lying conveniently across gohan's butt.

heheh, this is fun, i wanna see how much more lame stuff we can come up w/...
Posted
[SIZE=1]Oh geez, um, i think it was in Tree of Might when Gohan shrunk back down from oozaru, he was in the nude, and lo-and behold theres a small plant covering his "special area" lol. They cant even draw it in that well casue you can see through 'em, lmao[/SIZE]
Posted
its a wonder they didnt cut out the part in dragonball when goku pulls down his pants in front of the crowd to show everyone that his tail is real. this was during the first tournament they show in db.
Posted
ok.i.dont.understand.why.they.took.the.cig.out.of.Bulmas.father.i.was.watching.Tom&Jerry.and.tom.pulled.out.a.cig.and.stated.smoking.and.one.time.i.was.watching.acme.hour.and.there.was.a.short.and.these.monkeys.were.talknig.bout.tobacco.and.they/were/smoking/cigs.and.all.that.has.to.do.with.tabacco......that.is.very.g*y.i.think..and.what.happens.if.tey.show.some.nudity.in.te.show???I.had.to.write.a.report.on.something.like.this
Posted
this.is.wierd...
I.was.watching.a.show.called"The.Brak.Show",
and.there.is.this.guy.he's.all.like.i.hate.you.all
I.want.to.kick.ya'lls.a**,
and.they.take.out.cuss.word.from.DBZ
What.a.shame
......LOL:laugh:
Posted
i wish funi would just let us see the original versions. if they didnt want little kids to see it, then they could play it on the midnight run or something. they dont have to go and take out every last "inapropriate" detail.:flaming:
Posted
[COLOR=royalblue]Man Funi should just leave the episodes alone.The only thing they should do is translate the words.It only a cuss word, or its only nudity.I mean like we see nudity almost everyday.Well,I think they should just leaver the episodes alone [/COLOR]
Posted
There's no way they could do that unless they showed the episodes at like midnight (slight exaggeration). I reckon they should show the dubbed versions at whatever time, then for us hardcore watchers, Put it on at a later time!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...