OtakuBoards

The Supernatural

Citrus

[COLOR=Navy]Ok the other day I was watching this show/ documentary about ghosts. I have always wondered about them and having magical powers to communicate with them. I have an interest in the super natural and all that kind of spooky stuff. So on this show this woman had a large farm, one day she noticed something odd.

4 ghosts were running around on her farm! Then after 30 seconds of running, they would collapse! Then get up and start running again. This was really funny and weird at the same time.

Also my family has a long line of people that have communicated with the dead, in violent ways though. It scares me to think I might be the next one..

So the purpose of this thread is to discuss what you think about ghosts. Are they real? Are they just a myth? Have you ever connected with the dead? Have you ever had moments with the super natural?[/COLOR]

[FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=1]I definately do believe in the supernatural such as ghosts although I don't like to admit it to others. I've had acouple experiences that are too out there to explain in resonable terms that I had bringing up but to prove my point I'll just share one of them. I was walking down my hallway when I was 12 at night and usually my house is pitch black except for a small lamp that sits in the kitchen. Well I kept seeing this small orb of light that I assumed must be the lamp except it kept getting closer and closer to me next thing I know the light floated over and went right through me and either passed me or vanished. It's really hard to explain in words but you can only guess that I was freaked out that night and haven't felt the same walking down that hallway. I still do it but it was a wierd feeling it was as if time around me stopped and I couldn't move or breathe and then it was gone. I don't like talking about it much and most the time block it out of my head but if I were to guess anything that it could be, probably a ghost of some sort. [/FONT][/SIZE]

[COLOR=Olive][SIZE=1]Hmmm...I totally believe in the supernatural. I mean, what exactly happens to peoples souls when the pass away? No living person can answer that question, and it's fully possible that souls wander the Earth, and maybe only are seen when they want to be seen.

That figure you see out of the corner of your eye. That voice that speaks into your ear when you're outside. When you turn around because you could have sworn your name was called. Was it your imagination? Or someone trying to contact you? *sigh* I sound crazy. Heh, heh. All I'm saying is that we should be a little more flexible and not so quick to disregard the thought of ghosts. Of course...there is that occasional twit who comes out claiming to have seen ghosts and to have been abducted by aliens, brought to another planet, seen the devil, and to be a messenger from god. Listen...but be slightly skeptical of him. It's always a good idea to look at all of sides of a story.

I think that we're connected with the supernatural in our sleep. What else explains dreams? :rolleyes: Yah, yah. That was pretty lame. But when you see dead relatives in dreams it could be their way of seeing you again.*shrugs* Ya never know.

Natsu-chan, don't worry about violent communication with ghosts. I wouldn't allow anything to happen to you.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

I believe in the supernatural to a certain extent, I do believe that ghosts, or the souls of dead people watch over us, maybe its just a nice thought that comforts me, its nice to think the people you love are always watching out for you, however, I don't really believe the people that say they can communicate with ghosts or dead spirits, I think its very insulting, people like "Miss Cleo" and that stupid guy who had his own show about it, I can't really remember his name, but really, I thought it was pretty retarded how he could say "August" and 5 people in the audience would say "oh well, my husband dided in august, is it him??" and he'll say "yes yes, I believe it is," thats not supernatural abilities, they made fun of him on south park as well, I thought it was hilarious, he won biggest deustch in the universe award...thank you south park :D

I believe in it. I think ghosts are a real thing. Ghosts are the soul of someone who got lost on their way to their afterlife. That's the easiest way I can explain what I think. Ghosts are someone, that's trapped, lost, or just there, on the wrong side of their world, on the wrong side of the line.

So many people claim to talk to the dead, see the dead, exchange insults with the dead and so on until they're blue in the face - yet there's little (if any) evidence to back it all up.

In terms of believing in the 'supernatural', I'm on the fence. There are far too many claims, along with the myriad of blurry images that offer 'proof' in the form of something easily re-created in photoshop.

At the same time, there are many unexplainable events & goings on in the world, although giving reasons such as ghosts for these happenings isn't exactly built on a solid foundation of research. We have yet to explore the many avenues & truths there could be in the subject; but until I see/experience something concise I'll still dismiss it.

[COLOR=Olive]Wow, I thought I was the only one! I agree with Red hwo there are so many un explainable events that go on that are suspicious.

For instance, they were filming a movie in New York on the side walk (I forget which movie). Then a mysterious figure runs behind a curtain only revealing it's shadow. And it was broad daylight, when they went to go check who it was, no one was there.

The odd thing is when they reviewed teh video the ghost isn't there either. Very spooky, I just love how these things are such big mysteries.[/COLOR]

[b][color=darkgreen]I do believe in the supernatural, although I don't believe that ghosts are the spirits of the dead. I think they are some sort of being, but I loathe to think that dead people are stuck here with nothing better to do than haunt places and chat with people.[/color][/b]
[b][color=#006400][/color][/b]
[b][color=#006400]That's not to say that there is no communication with the dead-- I think our loved ones that have passed away can communicate with us, but not by appearing before us as "ghosts". [/color][/b]
[b][color=#006400]Those things that show up looking like people who once lived are not the person. They are either a spirit of some sort doing some mischief or they are a worn thread in the time/space continuum-- a memory happening in real time.[/color][/b]
[b][color=#006400]At least, that's my opinion and, until we find a way to prove otherwise, that's all we've got is opinion. There is no difinitive evidence pro or con.[/color][/b]

[size=1]I'm not sure if I believe in ghosts. In my family there have been lots of sightings and things that are extremely hard to explain. I could never tell if the people relaying the stories were suffering momentary bouts of insanity or what though. Whatever the case I can't rule out the possibility, too many strange things happen to too many different people for me to be able to say definately no.

On a related issue, I read this really interesting article on ectoplasm which is "the visible substance believed to emanate from the body of a spiritualistic medium during communication with the dead" or "an immaterial or ethereal substance, especially the transparent corporeal presence of a spirit or ghost." It can be found [URL=http://www.cabinetmagazine.org/issues/12/warner.php]here[/URL]. [/size]

My beliefs in the supernatural are usually more than enough to prevent me from having any friends due to "weirdness"... Basically, I see ghosts in random places, and especially in this cemetery I pass by occasionally, where there's a group of them that does random things every time. One ghost there actually puts on a sort of fireworks show... And not only that, I occasionally talk to a few ghosts--a couple are actually like friends which some real people consider "imaginary". And once, I actually "summoned" some in a sort of ritual... And half of the ghosts I usually meet are from another planet and planned to visit Earth occasionally...

So that question in the first reply was one I can answer a big yes to. :animesigh Whew, I'm (partially) glad I got that off my chest...

[quote name='Nefertimon'] Basically, I see ghosts in random places, and especially in this cemetery I pass by occasionally, where there's a group of them that does random things every time. One ghost there actually puts on a sort of fireworks show... And not only that, I occasionally talk to a few ghosts--a couple are actually like friends which some real people consider "imaginary". [/quote]

This is the sort of thing that confuses me a lot when it comes to the 'supernatural', a lot of claims but seemingly no evidence..

If it happens "every time" - bring a camera or some sort of recording equipment along and provide proof.

[QUOTE=Dirt][b][color=darkgreen] I think they are some sort of being, but I loathe to think that dead people are stuck here with nothing better to do than haunt places and chat with people.[/color][/b]

[b][color=#006400]Those things that show up looking like people who once lived are not the person. They are either a spirit of some sort doing some mischief or they are a worn thread in the time/space continuum-- a memory happening in real time[/color][/b][b][color=#006400].[/color][/b][/QUOTE]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=2][b]lol- I loathe to think that as well...tee hee...[/b][/size][/font]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS][size=2][/size][/font][/b]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS][size=2]Seriously, though, I would have to subscribe to the latter of those two hypotheses myself-- that ghosts are a tear in the fabric of the time/space continuum, and that it's simply a glimpse into the past, present, or future that we're not technically supposed to be able to see/hear/feel, etc. Sometimes, nature f**ks up... [/size][/font][/b]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS][size=2][/size][/font][/b]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS][size=2][i]And[/i] I think it would be way neater to be able to conjure ghosts because you can manipulate some attribute of time and space than simply because you possess some sort of "psychic energy". We ALL possess psychic energy...[/size][/font][/b]

well, thats a unique point of view lol, idk, I was never much for believing in spiritual "mumbo jumbo" I was always one who always believed in the here and the now, rather then the past, and what will happen to me when I die, I think it helps me to live life to the fullest

[QUOTE=Red]So many people claim to talk to the dead, see the dead, exchange insults with the dead and so on until they're blue in the face - yet there's little (if any) evidence to back it all up.

In terms of believing in the 'supernatural', I'm on the fence. There are far too many claims, along with the myriad of blurry images that offer 'proof' in the form of something easily re-created in photoshop.

At the same time, there are many unexplainable events & goings on in the world, although giving reasons such as ghosts for these happenings isn't exactly built on a solid foundation of research. We have yet to explore the many avenues & truths there could be in the subject; but until I see/experience something concise I'll still dismiss it.[/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]Those pretty much sum up my feelings on the supernatural, I've always believed that stuff like that just a little too dubious at the moment to be give real credit. Most of the so-called Ghost-Hunters seem to lack any real scientific proof to their claims and use the world Poltergeist far, far too often. I'd really have to see irrefutable proof of the existence of ghosts to believe any of it, and still then I'd probably have my doubts.[/SIZE]

i totally believe in the supernatural. i think they are souls that have not found their way yet and have to wander and do any unfinished business before finding rest.

i don't think they are all mischeivious and play tricks on people unless it is a child or perhaps there is a reason why they do a certain thing like slamming doors because that room had significance of some sort to/or whatever.

i love all the mystery and anonymity surrounding ghosts. i don't have any proof, i just like to believe in them and it comforts and freaks me out at the same time to think about it.