OtakuBoards

A Thread about Ringtones!

Pagan

Now a days everyone has a cell phone. These little portable telephone are packed full of a persons personality from the outside casing all the way down charger you stick into it. But nothing on the cell phones screams more about a person then his or her ringtone. It tells what kind of music they like, or if they even like music. I kind of miss the good ole days of everyone having that same song and everybody in a room checking to see if it is them.

My ringtone right now is March of Toy Soldier by Eminem. Though right now everybody has it either on that or Candy Shop by 50 Cent. I have gone through my Greenday, and Blink 182 ringtone phase and have now moved on to some of the better rap songs.

There is one problem with ringtones and that is the annoying ones. My girlfriend has the most annoying ringtone ever created. A ringtone so horrible it is pitiful it is, Alvin and the Chipmunks!!!

So to close what is your ringtone? And the most annoying one you've ever heard?

[FONT=Tahoma]My favorite ring tone to this date the Dragostea Din Tei tone (Numa Numa dance song). One of my friends uses it has his ringtone and I call him up all the time when I'm just standing next to him on my cell phone, Not only to piss him off but because that song is just so cool and when we hear it when just do that little dance.[/FONT]

My ringtone is "ABC" by the Jackson 5. It was either that, or "Shotgun" by Jr. Walker and the All-Stars. It's a midi, not an audio wav. I think even I'd get tired of my ringtone if I used a wav.

I don't think any ringtone I've heard is all that annoying. It's when they ring for too long that they get annoying. If your phone plays more than 2 bars of [i]any[/i] song while you're more than capable of answering it within the first 3 notes, I will smash it. If you're notwhere near your phone when it rings, then hey-- whatever. Not your fault.

A cell phone post, great little devices aren't thay? I can't say that I have a favorite song ring tone. My phone is years old and can only play the generic Nokia ring. Everyone walks over to me and says "Hey look at this awesome cell phone, I can go on the internet and everything." I just look back at them and say "Awesome, check out mine though, it lights up :cool: " And I walk away acting cool.

:animestun I just recently got one of these...apparently my apprenticeship felt I should have one, meh. Anyway I don't know it it screams personality, but whatever floats your boat.

Right now my ringtone is from of cousre, "real tone jutebox" *makes the matallic sound that the site always makes* I have System of a Down - Chop suey on. It fits becsue most of the time im asleep and the first lyrics you hear are "Wake up"! SO yeah, it gets plenty of laughs while taking naps in the student center and all. LOL I have a few more but...I'm lazy...and I have class in 5 minutes heh.

[color=blue][font=comic sans MS]I've got a few ringtones. About 20 built in (they kinda suck) and two that I downloaded. My normal ringer is the refrain from Shinedown's "45". Hearing a quick drums blast and then "And I'm starin' down the barrel of a forty-five!" is just fitting when stuck in an 8-hour Boscov's shift...

And as an inside joke between me and a friend, the ringtone i have set for when she calls is the theme from Tales of Symphonia.
Her cell however, allows her to record her own ringtones. Her default ringtone is [URL=http://www.weebls-stuff.com/toons/22/]Scampi[/URL] from Weebls-stuff.

The ringtone she has set for me is a recording of Dam Dariram from DDR, and my subsequent cursing in the background when i cut my foot on a screw in the stand.

Easily the most annoying ringtone i've heard, though, would have to be that "nokia-sound" ringtone. I'm amazed at the ever-present quest for uniqueness, some just don't bother to change the default.[/font][/color]

[RIGHT][COLOR=DarkGreen][SIZE=3][FONT=Garamond]My ringtone is, and always has been the "Mary had a little lamb" ringtone, from the old Nokia mobile. My new phone didn't have that tone, so I recorded it onto it. I've had that tone for about six years now - all my friends hate it, but at least I'm the only one to have it - unique!

I can't believe nobody's mentioned that damn crazy frog ringtone! :mad: :mad: :mad: Now that is darned annoying, to say the least! And it drives me up the wall when I hear people (mainly girls in the 13 - 15 age group) have actually paid good money for the damned thing! And one time, I was in my GP's waiting room, and a man sitting next to me had it! Granted, I think it was just because his baby son liked it, but still . . . grr . . . !

Anyway . . . end rant . . .[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/RIGHT]

[COLOR=#004a6f]Unfortunately I' don't have a cell phone, but I know exactly what sort of rign tone I'd like. Some sort of crazy baroque song, or one of the the 24 Caprices written by the composer Nicolas Paganini. Now those are the craziest and most complex pieces I know. They become really high pitched at times. It's enough to drive anyone crazy, and that's exactly what I'm looking for.

I have a question though. Can you make your own ringtones? And if yes, can you make them from midi files?[/COLOR]

[size=1]Just out of curiosity, how many of the people that have posted, or will post, own and pay for their own cell phone without any kind of parental assitance?
I'm just wondering.

I'm 18. My parents haven't bought or payed for anything of mine in the last few years. I've been working since I was 15, and have never owned a cellphone.
*GASP!!!1!11!*
Not only am I unable to afford a cellphone, much less the ringtones, I don't want one.
What is the appeal of being connected 24 hours a day, 7 days a week? If I'm sitting there in my room at midnight tryig to fall asleep, I would be downright pissed if someone tried to call me. Sure you can turn it off, but how many of you honestly do for fear of missing a call!
I like my solitude. I don't want it to be inturrupted by some moronic sound or an idiot trying to get the latest information on a friends break-up in the middle of a bloody campground or park.
Go out and enjoy nature.
Leave the technology at home.[/size]

Well to answer Corey's question right off the bat, I do pay for my own cell phone without help from my parents. Of course I am 29, already out of college, married and haven't lived with my parents in over a decade. It would just be plain weird to have them pay for my phone. lol

The very first cell phone I owned I got my junior year in high school and I paid for it myself. My parents have never paid for my cell phones. Currently I own a Samsung. I can't remember the model type, sorry! It does has a camera which I think is pretty cool. ^_^

Anywho, my ringtone is currently Linkin Park's "Breaking the Habit", before that it was Good Charlotte's "The Anthem". As for the most annoying ringtone is one that a friend of mine has which is "It's a Small World". But really, any ringtone is annoying if the person doens't answer their phone or at least turn the ringer off. Think of being in a movie theater. Yeah, all ringtones are annoying. :animeangr

[QUOTE=Corey][size=1]Just out of curiosity, how many of the people that have posted, or will post, own and pay for their own cell phone without any kind of parental assitance?
I'm just wondering.

I'm 18. My parents haven't bought or payed for anything of mine in the last few years. I've been working since I was 15, and have never owned a cellphone.
*GASP!!!1!11!*
Not only am I unable to afford a cellphone, much less the ringtones, I don't want one.
What is the appeal of being connected 24 hours a day, 7 days a week? If I'm sitting there in my room at midnight tryig to fall asleep, I would be downright pissed if someone tried to call me. Sure you can turn it off, but how many of you honestly do for fear of missing a call!
I like my solitude. I don't want it to be inturrupted by some moronic sound or an idiot trying to get the latest information on a friends break-up in the middle of a bloody campground or park.
Go out and enjoy nature.
Leave the technology at home.[/size][/QUOTE]
My phone was free. As long as you don't get anything stupid like a camera-phone (no offense to anyone who owns one), Cingular will give you a basic cellphone for free. My grandparents pay the bill, but that's because we're in a family share plan.

Also, my phone is used for emergencies more than anything. I don't like people calling you to gossip in the middle of the night, either. That's why no one but my family calls me on my phone. When people need to know where I am, they want me to get something from the store, I'm driving to my dad's house 2 hours away and they're worried about whether I'm okay, I need directions, or I need to call AAA when my car breaks down (it's a 16 year old car), then that's what I have my phone for. If you look at my page of the phone bill, it consists of nothing but calls to family members and occasionally a friend or two (my friends aren't very gossipy).

It's either I leave the technology at home, or I find a pay phone or one of those highway Call Boxes.

[QUOTE=Corey][size=1]Just out of curiosity, how many of the people that have posted, or will post, own and pay for their own cell phone without any kind of parental assitance?
I'm just wondering.

*GASP!!!1!11!*
Go out and enjoy nature.
Leave the technology at home.[/size][/QUOTE]

Well I pay for my own cellphone, like Panda I am an adult and haven't lived at home for a long time. I pay for my house and everything. ^_^

Though I resisted getting a cellphone for years as I didn't really need it. When I switched career's four months back and became a truck driver It became more necessary at that point. It's really handy for work being connected. I like my sleep though and it gets turned off when I go to sleep, I figure if someone really wants to talk to me they will leave a message for me.

[QUOTE=Manic Webb]My phone was free. As long as you don't get anything stupid like a camera-phone (no offense to anyone who owns one), Cingular will give you a basic cellphone for free. My grandparents pay the bill, but that's because we're in a family share plan.

Also, my phone is used for emergencies more than anything. I don't like people calling you to gossip in the middle of the night, either. That's why no one but my family calls me on my phone. When people need to know where I am, they want me to get something from the store, I'm driving to my dad's house 2 hours away and they're worried about whether I'm okay, I need directions, or I need to call AAA when my car breaks down (it's a 16 year old car), then that's what I have my phone for. If you look at my page of the phone bill, it consists of nothing but calls to family members and occasionally a friend or two (my friends aren't very gossipy).

It's either I leave the technology at home, or I find a pay phone or one of those highway Call Boxes.[/QUOTE]

I wish I could have gotten a free phone, but since I drive a SemiTruck I paid for a phone so I could get bluetooth wireless technology. That way my headset is completely wire free, something I felt was completely necessary if I intend to use a phone when driving a SemiTruck. ^_^ Ironically it did include a camera.

As for using highway call boxes, well alot of states don't have any call boxes :animesigh

Now for the orginal topic, well I have Enjoy the Silence and People are People by Depeche Mode and part of the theme from Tales of Syphonia for my ringers. As for the most annoying, well ironically I would have to say ringer that sound more like an alarm clock. I hate those ones.

• 2 weeks later...
[COLOR=#95005E][SIZE=1]^ Indeed, especially if the volume's maxed. It's like they're asking for some major bashing. *sigh*

My phone supports .wav, .mid, .mp3 and some file called .srt that play tones that sound like fire alarms. Right now, I've got "To Zanarkand" set for voice calls. Never mind that I can barely hear it, I don't answer voice calls anyway. I'm still very much an adherent of them classic telephones.

You know what'll sound good as a ringtone? The beeping theme song from Mario Brothers. Very nostalgic.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[size=1]I hate phones, full stop. And seeing as I only answer them 1/4 of the time, I just choose the least annoying one. It's a bit rediculous to me to have to pay to set it to a song I'll hate within a week...

Ironically, my dad bought me a $200 mobile phone for Valentines. >_____>;;[/size]

Guest Sean
[SIZE=1]I don't exactly hate them, and I could live without mine, I don't use it much, I prefer phoning people from my house phone, but I usually carry it for emergencies, just incase something decides to happen.

And for ringtone? Well I don't have one, mines is always on silent, but it vibrates ~_^.

And a message to Delta, I had the old Mario theme on my old Nokia, it rocked, but then I stood on it >>;;

So in answer to ringtones: they're just annoying, and get on people's nerves, put it on silent for god sake![/SIZE]

[quote name='Sean][SIZE=1']So in answer to ringtones: they're just annoying, and get on people's nerves, put it on silent for god sake![/SIZE][/quote]

[color=gray][size=1]Amen. -.-

Though I do like my Evanescence ringtone with "Missing". All the other ringtones, except videogame songs, are teh suxx. Wear it on a spot where you easily detect it when it vibrates, solves a lot of people their stress problems.[/color][/size]