OtakuBoards

Michael Jackson: Guilty or not Guilty?

foxfire_2008

I know that this doesn't anything to do with anime/manga, but lately micheal jackson has been getting a lot of attention lately that I can't ignore! So do you belive that M.J. (<- not micheal jordon) is guilty. Personally I belive he is one sick man in total need of dire help!

So do you think that he is Guilty or not Guilty?

Thats what the lounge is for, they have other boards for anime/manga.

But as far as Michael, I believed he was guilty until I heard the testimony of the accuser. One He changed his testimony twice, and besides that his family has been proven to be the sort've people that sue for no reason. Instances like the McDonald's coffee incident and so forth. So I won't say that he isn't strange, and he is a known sexual predator. I don't believe he was guilty of anything this time though (I deffinateally think coming to court in pajama's hurt his testimony though.).

As far as calling him sick I will agree to an extent. But its hard to really call anyone sick anymore. The world is changing for the better, I'm not going to start a for/against homosexual debate but things are becoming increasingly socially acceptable that 10 years ago would've been deemed disguisting.

Heh. Of course someone would want to have this debate...or at least talk about it. As if that isn't what everyone else in the world is doing anyway. Did you know that many countries in the world think that Michael Jackson is our role model?!

But right. On topic.

I can't say that I think he isn't guilty...but that's just my strong dislike speaking. Stepping aside from that...I can't say he is guilty either....

Sure. He's guilty in the past. Everyone knows he's guilty of something like this before. It's just that his insane amounts of money and fame got him off. I hope the lock him up...or something. That man scares me. Horribly so. :animedepr

[size=1]I'm not going to say whether he's Guilty or Not. As people who are uninvolved in the case, it's not really our place to say so. All you guys are spouting are media conjecture and misconceptions.

But, when you think about it, if Jackson gets sent to jail, so should the 'witnesses' to his child molesting. They didn't say anything for [b]14[/b] years, but now all of a sudden the guilt is too much for them?

Accessories after the fact, anyone?[/size]

[size=1]Good point, Baron.

It's always boggled my mind how people like the security guard, who supposedly saw some pretty horrific child abuse, didn't go to the authorities the moment they witnessed it.

By then coming forward now, they just look like they're jumping on some witch-hunt bandwagon, which undermines the prosecutions case.[/size]

Guest Laughing Stock
Wacko Jacko is a sick, sick man, and he clearly needs help! He's bad, dangerous, and off the wall!

I don't think he touched poor little Gavin, but hey, even if he did - remember Billie Jean? I can forgive anybody anything for that piece of funk-tastic moosik!

Chances are, in the past, he did engage in less than healthy activities with young boys, but I think this time, he's as innocent as innocent can be !

Can you really see MJ holding a family hostage ... ?

I think we discussed this in another post but anyway, guilty or not its his own fault that hes in the position hes in. It was his choice to sleep with young boys even after he had been accused before of child molestation. I don't want to hear him complaining at all, everything in is life is at consequence to his own actions.

[SIZE=1]I could have swore I replied to a topic like this not to long ago.

Anyway I have always believed that Michael Jackson is innocent, I've been watching Sky One UK's reconstructions on television most afternoons and from the testimony being given I have only strengthened by belief in his innocence. Many of the newspapers who cover the issue, such as The Mirror and The Sun seem dead set against him yet they only reveal tiny amounts of the overall facts of the case. [/SIZE]

• 2 weeks later...
[FONT=Tahoma]Personally, to me he's innocent until proven guilty. As much as he is a known sexual predator, doesn't mean he's a serial sexual predator. It might have only been that one or two times. Everyone who thinks he's guilty listen up: You weren't in his house, unless your the kid whose been violated, but I doubt thats the case. You were not the child who apparently had these acts placed upon him, none and I repeat [B]none[/B] of you deserve to take the place of the jury, and say he's guilty, he has a right to be heard, and he has a right to pull these little "sick days" as well. I agree it's not very fashionable to wear pajamas, or call in sick like 10 times, but he's allowed to, and that's all that matters. The only reason that this is so big and everyone thinks he's guilty is because he is Micheal Jackson, the white black guy, the plastice surgery guy, he's popular and everyone sees him. Call him a sick freak, call him anything you want, but it's very sad and pathetic to call him these things when you don't know him. Cause I don't know you, and who knows what I think.

- Kitty K a y y[/FONT]

[color=darkviolet]The Michael Jackson trial? It makes for funny skits on Saturday Night Live and some good monolog on Leno, but other than that I haven't really followed it all that much.

I know that the boy and his mom have been changing their stories a lot. And that his Ex-wife spoke up for him.

But I think he really brought this crap upon himself. He's a bit of a freak and admitting to sleeping with kids isn't really helping his immage all that much. That said I don't think he's all that innocent.[/color]

I agree. Personally, I'm ready for all this to be over. I couldn't really care less about michael jackson and his sexual preferences. Sometimes its interesting to here about it, but c'mon, enough is enough. You can't turn on the news without seeing that god awful face of his blurring up your screen. Celebrities, although placed upon a pedestal, are no different from us. Yes they have money and what not, but there is much more important things going on in the world then michael jackson's affiliation with little boys. It wouldn't be half as important as it is now if it was just a "normal person", which really urks me. Some people have much more important problems that aren't even being recognized because stupid people feel it necessary to update us every 5 seconds on the events of michael jackson's life. Well, heres an update, no one cares.

[color=darkslateblue] I have much sympathy for this guy. It's obvious his child life completely sucked a** and father messed him up somehow. It's so obvious that this is a mental problem, but all I can hear people say is "OMG MJ is a freak ew".

Did I think he did it? Since the media is OH SO reliable, I'll definately come back to you after thinking about if for two years.

Seriously, this is the first time I've ever actually written something about MJ. It's possible that we could all just shut up and realize that there are many, many child molesters out there. Go ***** about them, please.[/color]

Lunox said:[QUOTE]I have much sympathy for this guy. It's obvious his child life completely sucked a** and father messed him up somehow. It's so obvious that this is a mental problem, but all I can hear people say is "OMG MJ is a freak ew".

Did I think he did it? Since the media is OH SO reliable, I'll definately come back to you after thinking about if for two years.

Seriously, this is the first time I've ever actually written something about MJ. It's possible that we could all just shut up and realize that there are many, many child molesters out there. Go ***** about them, please.[/QUOTE]
[B]Before I say anything I should point out that Im not a fan of MJ in any way. I should also mention that certain aspects about him scare me (e.g. dangling his baby from a balcony). However, I will try to be as non biased as possible[/B]

You raise a good point. Setting asside whether hes guilty or not for just a second, its easy to Miss all the other (and greater) monsters and murderous paedophiles in society who are much closer to home and would kill us/our children or permanently scar them. This trial is only getting noticed because MJ is a celebrity.

That aside, I believe that he is probably guilty ( im not 100% certain with the media being what it is). Also if he is guilty then, even if he had a troubled childhood, didnt have the right to molest children. Nethertheless, I congradulate you for bringing up another viewpoint.

[QUOTE=Lunox][color=darkslateblue] I have much sympathy for this guy. It's obvious his child life completely sucked a** and father messed him up somehow. It's so obvious that this is a mental problem, but all I can hear people say is "OMG MJ is a freak ew".

Seriously, this is the first time I've ever actually written something about MJ. It's possible that we could all just shut up and realize that there are many, many child molesters out there. Go ***** about them, please.[/color][/QUOTE]

For one, we both agree on the point that no one really cares, nor needs to here about the trial every 5 seconds on TV.

We disagree on the point of his childhood. Lots of people have problems, and while your growing up, you're so impressionable and being treated badly molds you in the wrong way and could possibly scar you for life. However, that does not give him the right to do what hes done. Anyone can see that hes had some problems, but who hasn't? Hes doing the same thing that was done to him, scarring young children and just adding to the numbed of fu*ked up people in our world. The kids hes hurt and/or touched could become just another michael jackson down the road. Its proven that those who suffered from this when they were young are likely to do it when they're older. Lots of people sympathize with him, but personally, I can't even bring myself to think of him as anything other then a washed up musician who has way to much money with nothing better to do but sleep with small children.

[i]We disagree on the point of his childhood. Lots of people have problems, and while your growing up, you're so impressionable and being treated badly molds you in the wrong way and could possibly scar you for life. However, that does not give him the right to do what hes done. Anyone can see that hes had some problems, but who hasn't? Hes doing the same thing that was done to him, scarring young children and just adding to the numbed of fu*ked up people in our world. The kids hes hurt and/or touched could become just another michael jackson down the road. Its proven that those who suffered from this when they were young are likely to do it when they're older. Lots of people sympathize with him, but personally, I can't even bring myself to think of him as anything other then a washed up musician who has way to much money with nothing better to do but sleep with small children.[/i]

[color=darkslateblue] I never said that he had a right to do whatever he did, and we don't even know if he did them in the first place. I agree with your whole cycle of problems thing, and the fact that if indeed these children were actually molested, MJ should be punished in some way. I agree with most of the things you say.

What I disagree with is that many people have the same idea of MJ as you: they can only see him as a disgusting man. How do you know what it was like to have endured the things MJ went through in his childhood? Can you really just come in and say "life's tough suck it up" when there are some events in peoples' lives that you can't even begin to comprehend? Yeah, I'm sure there are many people in this world that has gone through some really tough stuff, but they react to it in different ways.

Now, I can't use this argument and apply to whether or not his childhood problems resulted in him molesting kids, because I don't know if he molested them or not.

So let's take into account his multiple changes to his face. I will take it as a reaction to the problems rooted into his mind from childhood. We would be nothing but cold-hearted losers if we just brushed it off and said "he's a freak and nothing's gonna change that." Well, ****. Maybe we could all just try and imagine the stuff he went through (if you want examples, I'm sure you could get plently of info from Google). As far as I know, it's his attempt to escape his father. Is that his fault? No and yes, but we could be a little more sympathetic towards him.

So to everyone who is sure that he did molest those kids...

But I can't help but feel lame as I write this. What if one of you know someone who has been molested. Has been molested? As I said earlier, I definately agree with the cycle thing that was brought up, so we can't just dump the blame on one guy and call him a freak. I feel just as ignorant writing this, because I have not gone through being molested. Or anything.

So I should just wrap up this random jumble of thoughts into one word: ridiculous.

[/color]

I agree that hes been through a lot, but neither of us can say that what hes went through has affected his decisions conerning young boys. I just think your giving him to much credit, if hes had so many problems, then he needs to talk to a therapist or something, get things out in the open. As I said before, lots of people have childhood problems, point is you hope to be past them by the time your in your 40's. Hes had plenty of time and more then enough money to get some help for the things hes endured at least be able to set things straight with himself, if not his father. I'm 16 and we have barely any money at all yet we had enough to help me out, why can't he just get some help. I'm not even referring to the molestion here, since we have no idea if he did, I'm just referring to his life in general, why not?

If he can't deal with his own problems and pushes them upon other people, especially young children, then he deserves whatever he gets in the verdict of his trial. I guess we'll see when its over.

like nick from [i]the great gatsby[/i], i prefer to withold judgement until that judgement comes. . .more likely than not, though, i believe he is innocent - i'm led to believe this from watching that interview that was done of him and aired on one of the well-known networks. i think in this case it just shows how stupid fame can become, what with all the useless attention this court case is getting, while there's more important things to worry about. but such is america. we couldn't care less about the issues that matter, but would rather follow the most scandalous or sensationalized rubbish.

i agree with mitch on this one. I think we should just let Mj be in this whole matter.
I think the parents are full of crap. I mean would you let your kids stay with MJ?

I don't even mean just with him. Why would you let your kids stay with a grown man all alone in his mansion when he is not related to him? they just wanted something out of it.

We should berate them for being idiotic parents.

No one knows what really happend except Micheal and the kids. That is it. We can speculate all we want to but no one knows.

In my own opinion, I believe the evidence I have seen is not in his favor.To me the overwhelming testimonies of many people make it look really bad for him. And the argument that people are just saying these things so that they can get a huge settlement of money is simply a very bad argument that does not make sense. This is a criminal trial, not a civil. If he is guilty, he will go to jail for a very long time. If it was for any kind of money he would have been sued in civil court.

Many of the people giving testimony against him have already had huge settlements with him because he did not want things to go to court. The others are not seeking any money. They want this man locked away very badly. Sothat makes me believe they are probably not making this up.

But heck, I dont know. The media is a bunch of vultures anyway that can not be trusted. If they find him guilty, I will believe he is guilty, if he is found innocent , I will believe he is innocent. Thats that.

[color=darkviolet]I'm with Mitch and Vagetta let's leave MJ alone.

I think though, that we should leave him alone in some deserted area of Montana because there's almost nothing in Montana. There he can drop out of the public eye quickly and we'll never hear about him again until his demise by being mauled by a bear.[/color]