OtakuBoards

Boo's graphics [Image Heavy]

Boo

[color=gray][size=1]Okay I probably wont post very much, but I put [Image Heavy] in just in case.
Here's my latest work. An avater and banner as you can see =P I tried the same banner but that it fades to transparant, but that didn't look nicely centered in my signature >>;

(I use them right now so there might be uber brightness in this post)
[IMG]http://apoco.250free.com/avpic2.png[/img]

[IMG]http://apoco.250free.com/Banner03.png[/IMG]

Comments and Criticism are very welcome, even a rating or two is allowed :3[/color][/size]

[SIZE=1]*fears teh wrath of teh Boo*

I just adore the effects you used on this and I'm making it my mission in life to figure out exactly what you done to make this set look so beautiful.

The text works well with the overall effect and even though it blends with the background it's still clear. The soft but eye-catching colours give a gorgeous light effect; it kind of makes me think of what heaven would be like or what it's like to be high.

XD

The woman you used is gorgeous, too.

(<3)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]I've seen you do bettar work. The avatar is pretty good, although I think scanlines would've done better than a grid for this. But the banner, I really don't dig the font or positioning of "Boo." The left side of the banner's colors are starting to diffuse from your original colors (on the right), making it look kinda sketchy. I like the effect/filters/brushing on the banner itself, but the font and left side dragged this down.[/SIZE]

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray]*posting because I promised I would, and if not I'd die to the hand of Boo*

Well I acutally prefer the banner over the icon, I dislike how alike your banner and avatar are. The tile/scanline effect works for the banner but I don't feel the same way about the avatar. The picture of the girl on the avatar seems different and out of place compaired with the banner (just how I feel) I like the placing of your name and the text used. Also the symbol text which I don't understand is a nice touch. The picture blends well into the colors and is just simply done. Well done. Good, good.[/COLOR]

[quote name='Hack Helba][COLOR=DarkSlateGray']The picture of the girl on the avatar seems different and out of place compaired with the banner (just how I feel) [/COLOR][/quote]

[color=gray][size=1]I also felt it didn't quite fit the banner, but I just needed one quickly so I could post the banner XD

[b]Retribution:[/b] Yeah, the left part of the banner is out of place, but I didn't really find a way to do something about it lol. The text... Well, I like it as it is =P

Thanks for the comments :3[/size][/color]

[SIZE=1]Hehe, teh Boo is awesome.

Anyway, I prefer the banner over the avatar. I like how the girl's face fades out, but, as mentioned, the left needs work. The blotches stand out too much, I think maybe if you made the opacity of the left a little lower it would look much better, or add more random white blotchyness. :3 Either way.[/SIZE]

[COLOR=DarkGreen][SIZE=1]The avatar is decent, but looks a bit off from the banner. Maybe it's because the avatar on has the orange/white colours while the banner has a different mixture of colours.

The banner is good, except the white spots seem to be too large... or something. They look a little out of place with their size, more-so with the middle white spot. The text of Boo is a little... off. Doesn't seem to fit it much, but you like it and that's what you want :animesmil . The grid makes the banner/avy more unique (at the moment) becuase I haven't seen it in a while.

The colours of both the avatar and banner make it easier to go through and look at (especially at night when you're eyes are already a little blurry and hurting), rather than having hard/dark colours with the light background OB provides.

Overall it's a great set, I'm not going to give a rating because, well, I never give ratings. :animesmil [/SIZE] [/COLOR]

[COLOR=#004A6F]Very nice graphics Boo. Love the effects you used.

As others have said, the avatar soemhow doesn't fit with the banner. Personally I think it's because it lacks text. I know people usually leave text off their avatar, but for some odd reason, the text on your banner makes it so different from the avatar. Just my opinion. Oh and maybe you should add purple to the avatar, because the banner has it.

I also think the banner has too much whitespace, or should I say orange space. It seems a little empty and suddenly you get a small "BOO" at the bottom of the page. I think the "BOO" could be bigger, though the japanese text is fine the way it is.

Well, that's my two cents. Have a nice day. ^_^[/COLOR]

• 4 weeks later...
[color=gray][size=1]Here's a wallpaper which is extremely bright and has pretty colours in it :3

[b]Work In Progress[/b]
[url]http://files.bighosting.net/fb42868.png[/url]
copy and paste it into your adress bar so it will show in original size.

[i]Edit:[/i] This is supposed to be so messy, bright and colourful.[/color][/size]

[SIZE=1]Forgive me for being so blunt, but it looks a mess.

The colors in and of themselves look alright, but when they're all meshed together and overlayed and burned with some image underneath it and a grid effect for good measure, it looks sloppy and uncontrolled. I'd recommend following some sort of pattern in the work (with the hexagons) and keep the colors very close to one another (no purples and blues and oranges all together).[/SIZE]

[color=gray][size=1]The whole idea [i]was[/i] to make it look messy, especially the colours.
And that aint no "grid effect for good measure" but it's the PS effect 'patchwork' it's just a bit adjusted.[/color][/size]

[SIZE=1]I love how you edited your post. ^_^

But you could still make this "messy, and psychadelic" work better. Art should be controlled chaos -- this looks like it's raging out of control. Yes, it's messy on purpose, but Picasso for example, had chaotic work, but it was extremely controlled.

My entire point is that this could be alot better, and the general feeling of "looking a mess," whether intentional or not doesn't look good.[/SIZE]

I for one do indeed like it. I am not a Art Major or anything but I do think it blends well, I do not care for the avatar it dose not fit and the girl just seems out of place. But it looks quite nice. And I must say one thing if it looks good to [B]YOU[/B] and [B]YOU[/B] enjoy it then it really dosen't matter what others think.

Ill give the sig a 7/10 I like how the diffrent colors take you away from one thing. I don't like when your eyes focus on one thing. I see the whole image and it looks nice.

The avatar 2-3/10 I really do not like it.... It dose not seem to blend and I really can't see it as a whole. The girl is out of place, Almost to large.

[SIZE=1][quote name='Ima]I for one do indeed like it. I am not a Art Major or anything but I do think it blends well, I do not care for the avatar it dose not fit and the girl just seems out of place. But it looks quite nice. And I must say one thing if it looks good to [B]YOU[/B] and [B]YOU[/B'] enjoy it then it really dosen't matter what others think.[/quote]If that's the case, why should you or anyone else post their art online for crit? If you only care about your own opinion, don't share your art.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Retribution][SIZE=1']If that's the case, why should you or anyone else post their art online for crit? If you only care about your own opinion, don't share your art.[/SIZE][/quote]

I thought you would say somthing like this and if you would have read my posts carefully then you would figure out that what you had said really dose not phase me. I do enjoy comments because it helps me impove but if I like my final project then its your opinion that you for one do not like it. But I may not see somthing you could have and that could makes the overall project 100x better. The whole point of this is to tell him what he could have improved on in his next project, not flame the person until submission(Not saying you would have). I respect your opinion and I liked his image, I hope you can respect mine by me saying "I Indeed liked it". Never once did I say that he enjoyed his art? and if you would have read my post more thoroughly then you would see that. I really do not want to get into a battle with anyone here since I repect everyones opinion I liked his banner and thats that. I think I proved my point......

I'm going to have to agree with Retribution on this one. Not about this piece in particular, but this forum is a place where people are intended to recieve critique for their artwork by others. Take it or leave it, but acknowledge the judgment as something you might want to use to improve.

In any case, Boo has requested, and I agree with him, that we should get back to the artwork at hand.

[COLOR=DimGray][SIZE=1]Ah, we shall all stand in awe of Boo's headache giving powers. *awe*. The wallpaper is cool, I like the unorganizedness of it. Although, something is irking me about it. Can't put my finger on it (other than the fact that if I look at it for too long I get a headache). I don't think the grid adds to it, though. It just seems like it needs something else. *scratches head* Ah well. Good work *thumbs up* :animesmil [/SIZE] [/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkOrange][SIZE=1][FONT=Verdana]Ello Boo!

Your wallpaper is good, but for some reason it gave me a headache (Which you probably intended it to do). Otherwise i like it, it keeps your eyes wandering. I guess i just didn't like the colors all that much.
[B]
Wallpaper: 8/10[/B]

On the other hand your sig is great! The simplicity of it is awesome and it just captures the audience's attention. The fading of your banner was a very nice touch and the shades of yellow and dark orange are very cool. I have no ideas of any ways you can improve this one. Hidden text? I have no idea.

[B]Sig: 9/10[/B]

You need to teach me how to do those hexagon shapes. [/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='Anime_Freak']were can i get 75x75 avatars? :animeshy:[/quote]If you wish to have someone make you an avatar of any size, you may request it in Art by Request, the subforum of this one. Just be sure you know what you want on it when you make the thread. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
[color=gray][size=1][b]Last updated: [i]Saturday the 25th of June, 2005[/i] [/b]
Simple banner just because of boredness

[b][Eyes On Me][/b]
[IMG]http://apoco.250free.com/AtStyle.png[/IMG]
[i]With text (taken away because it wasn't so popular amongst the croud ;P )[/i]: [url]http://apoco.250free.com/AtStyleT.png[/url]

I wanted to do a collab with Sunny, but he couldn't use my image so I made something myself. This was originally inverted and quite blue/pinkish, so I edited it slightly. [strike]I don't like the piece by her nose, but am also too lame to get rid of it -.-"[/strike]
[IMG]http://apoco.250free.com/FailedCollabOwnsNose.png[/IMG]
I cheaply got rid of a piece of yellow near her nose. This is the unedited image:
[url]http://apoco.250free.com/FailedCollabOwns.png[/url]

Same style as the original image for the collab, but a banner :3
[IMG]http://apoco.250free.com/TheMoo.png[/IMG]

Couldn't resist. Tis a something for Gurt. May she always be in your post-its when you make graphics. I'm not so fond of it, but I like the big text <.<'

[b]Gurt is the Shizz[/b]
[img]http://apoco.250free.com/GurtTehShizzB.png[/img]
Blockiness for life.

[b]Real Boo's don't use brushes.[/b][/color][/size]

[color=blue][size=1]Same girl in more than two things? Naughty Boo! >:^O (Don't worry.. I've abused my fair share of renders as well. ^_~)

The [b]Eyes On Me[/b] banner is nice, but the text is a bit fuzzy. And I don't like the font. It's cool how you blended the girl into the rest of the image, but maybe it'd be better if you defined where she ends and the brushing (or whatever that funky stuff is) begins. I dunno. Just my opinion. [b]7/10[/b]

The second thing is okay. I don't particularly like it, but it's not bad. The color's nice, but the different shapes on the girl are too blocky and don't blend smoothly. Maybe that was the idea, but I don't like it. >_< [b]6/10[/b]

The third banner (again with the girl! Gah.. @_@) is just okay, too. The colors you chose are a bit odd, but they work for the banner. No text, so it's a bit plain. The girl looks nice, though. ^_^;; [b]7/10[/b]

[b]Gurt is the Shizz[/b] is probably the best out of these four ('cause there's no girl! Mwahaha.. Kidding. =P). The white, black, and different shades of pink all look nice and actually makes the text pop out a bit more. I like the little "Gurt"'s floating around everywhere, and it would've looked better if there were more of them and they were a bit more spread out. And the blockiness of it all works nicely with it. [b]8/10[/b] Who is Gurt, anyway? >_>

Oh no! I'm turning mean! D:[/size][/color]

[SIZE=1]I be Gurt! ^_^;; It's a long story that you really don't want to hear, haha.

I really like Eyes on Me, the colours are gorgeous, as is the model, but I don't like the text. It looks misplaced and the colour doesn't match with the rest of the banner. It would have looked better in white with a redish glow, me thinks.

I <3 the second image, 'tis very sexy and the filters you used are great. I really like the way you blended the colours and the model is also greatness.

Not too keen on image #3, I think she sticks out too much and is...well...non-attractive >> The background is very cool, though.

[B]Gurt is the Shizz[/B] rocks my face off, but I already told you this =D I thank you very much, for I am not worthy.[/SIZE]

[COLOR=DarkOrange][SIZE=1][FONT=Verdana]Woweee!

I love your latest one, the colours and everything mix well. The only thing i don't like is the text. Looks like something that would be on a cargo box and it is very hard to read. This one beats all of your latest works though. Good job Boo.

[I]Sun[/I]

BTW i just realized that the colours in the middle look like pastels.
[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]