OtakuBoards

"Candy Shop"

Genkai

What an amazing song. Seriously! I'm not joking.

It was at one time a guilty pleasure, because, to be honest, I heavily dislike 50 Cent as a person and an artist, but I can't deny it anymore. 50 Cent's "Candy Shop" is a triumph of popular rap music.

Now, I don't need rap haters in here, or people saying "OMG I LOVE RAP BUT MAINSTREAM RAP IS CRAP OMG LOL", because if you feel that way, chances are you don't truly understand or fully enjoy rap music. Having said that, I will give my reasoning for loving "Candy Shop"

The beat! The song is very well produced, and the beat is so GODDAMN CATCHY! Honestly, it's amazing, and most of 50 Cent's beats are this good, I admit.

The Chorus! I know that the theme of oging ot the "candy shop" and licking the "lollipop" have been around since blues songs of the 20's and 30's, but it neve rloses its style.

The lyrics! I had never realized what a talented lyricist 50 Cent is (it's hard to tell in his other singles), but he is! His wordplay and multisyllabic rhyming are top notch. Check out these bars:

"We'll have it your way, how do you [b]want it[/b]?
You gon' back that thang up or should I push up [b]on it[/b]"

"I'll break it down for you, now, baby it's [b]simple[/b],
if you be a nympho, I'll be a [b]nympho[/b],
in the hotel or in the back of the [b]rental[/b],
on the beach or in the park, it's whatever you [b]into[/b]"

"I got the magic stick I'm the [b]love docta[/b],
All yo friends be teasin you about how [b]sprung I gotcha[/b]."

"I touch the [b]right spot[/b], at the right [b]time[/b],
lights on or [b]lights off[/b], she like it from be[b]hind[/b]."

His verbal tactics, flow, and wordplay are astounding, but even more awesome is the fact that he wrote a song about sex using only one curse word and instead metaphors and word trickery to get around obscenities, and also managed to right a popular, mainstrema rap song in a way that nobody can yell at him for demeaning or objectifying women, because he doesnt! The point of the song is that they enjoy having sex together!

Anyway, I don't know about you, but I am blown away by the quality of a hip hop song that has made it so far, and by such a mainstream rap artist whose quality has been under par previously.

Please ignore typos!

--Jonathan

I wouldn't classify myself as a rap hater, but, I would classify myself as a hater of this song. Although the beat is catchy, the lyrics have little to no meaning at all. If you want the beat, just take the words out. Other then that, its terrible. No one cares about 50 cent, his lavish lifestyle and his "hoes." I don't wanna hear about him licking lollipops or anything for that matter. I actually don't mind rap with something to listen to, but this is horrible and creates the many stereotypes related with rap already.

I agree with what x kakashi x says. I myself don't like rap..however there are a few that I can handle listening to. That song...is just annoying. I try to listen to it and can't even get through the song because it annoys me soo much. I hate songs that are all about "Pimps and Hoes". I don't care if you like it or not...but in my opinion....it sucks. I don't like 50 cent either. He thinks he's ana amazing person! Especially because he got bullets in the head...Now I'm amazed to see him alive, but it doesn't mean he should get all this media crap for it.

See I like rappers like Ludacris, DMX, and Eminem. They tell stories instead of just talkin about sexual innappropriatness.

[Color=DarkBlue][Size=1]This is a perfect example of why I cannot enjoy rap. I realize that there are some artists don't rotate around sex, but it's the stupid cover songs that just pull me right off that train track.

Gah, the beat I will admit is good, but even a two year old can rhyme his words. Just because it rhymes, doesn't make it worth while. I mean, it's like Xyander and x kakashi x pointed out. No one cares that 50 Cent can get hoes. If we cared, we'd send the paparazi after him.[/size][/color]

[color=darkred][size=1]

Please don't compare 50 Cent to a two year old until you listen to his CDs, and his non-single tracks. The guy has tongue twisters left and right that you couldn't say half as fast as he does, and I'm not even a fan of him (but I am a fan of Lloyd Banks, that guy!).

I agree with Genkai, "Candy Shop" is a triumphant Rap song. I mean, It was the number one song in America from some time, but other than that, it does take Rap in a slightly different direction, using Blues Age metaphors and equal-standing take on sexuality, its pretty refreshening in the genre as it grows more and more monotonous with most of its main-stream artists. (Don't get me wrong, I love rap, mainstream aswell, but some of the stuff out is getting boring.) "Candy Shop", musically, is pretty good too, not the best, but I like it. I prefer "On Fire" to "Candy Shop" any day. But its still a great song. I love it.

Oh, and x kakashi x, the song doesn't talk about 'hoes' or 'b*thces' at all. And what else can rich rappers rap about other than their life style? The News? I don't think so. And come on, there are gobs of songs out there that are not about rap that revolve around sex, or have sexual messages. Example, Blink 182 "Push it out, fake a smile, avert disaster, just in time..." Come on! We all know what that means.

Back to the point, I like the song, but its not great (Like say, "Dirt Off Ya Shoulder" by Jay-Z. Talk about a catchy beat!).[/color][/size]

[QUOTE=ReFlux][color=darkred][size=1]I agree with Genkai, "Candy Shop" is a triumphant Rap song. I mean, It was the number one song in America from some time, but other than that, it does take Rap in a slightly different direction, using Blues Age metaphors and equal-standing take on sexuality, its pretty refreshening in the genre as it grows more and more monotonous with most of its main-stream artists. (Don't get me wrong, I love rap, mainstream aswell, but some of the stuff out is getting boring.) "Candy Shop", musically, is pretty good too, not the best, but I like it. I prefer "On Fire" to "Candy Shop" any day. But its still a great song. I love it.

Oh, and x kakashi x, the song doesn't talk about 'hoes' or 'b*thces' at all. And what else can rich rappers rap about other than their life style? The News? I don't think so. And come on, there are gobs of songs out there that are not about rap that revolve around sex, or have sexual messages. Example, Blink 182 "Push it out, fake a smile, avert disaster, just in time..." Come on! We all know what that means.
[/color][/size][/QUOTE]

geez, here we go...

[B]1-[/B]It was the number one song in America, just proving the amazing amount of stupid people that populate our country. Just because its at the top of a chart showing album sales, doesn't mean its good. Personally, if I had the money I'd buy it just so I could light it "On Fire" and watch it burn to the ground. I'd rather listen to the crackling sound then half the songs on this cd.

[B]2-[/B]I've heard more complaints from girls about this song than compliments. Singing about girls as sexual toys is quite the insult, to most girls anyway. Calling it "equal-standing" is just bringing girls to the lower level of 50 Cent's lyrics. Sure, maybe its "equal-standing" but its equally low.

[B]3-[/B]Hes not talking about bit*hes and hoes? Who do you think these girls are hes talking about? What is your definition of "hoe" anyway? I don't think you need mine, you can just read the song lyrics right?

[B]4-[/B]Not only are the lyrics unmeaningful and cheesy, they're repetative.
[I]"Wanna show me how you work it baby, no problem
Get on top then get to bouncing round like a low rider"[/I]

And in the very next verse...

[I]"Give it to me baby, nice and slow
Climb on top, ride like you in the rodeo"[/I]

According to 50, shes already on top isn't she? Oh well, point is hes saying the same thing over and over again in different words. Guess it was hard to write a whole song completely based on sex and the degradation of females as we formally knew them.

[B]5-[/B]Comparing Blink 182 to 50 Cent is comparing apples and oranges. The only similarity between them is the numbers in their names. A lot of Blink 182's songs are jokes, meant to make you laugh and/or joke around about sex. 50 Cent actually talks seriously and acts badass while he talks about a girl licking his lollipop. How many girls do you know that would sexually pleasure you if you walked into a room and asked them to "ride you like you at a rodeo" (excuse 50's horrible grammar). Also, tons of Blink 182's actually have something behind them. Even if they seem to be stupid, we have no idea as to the actual meaning of the words. A majority of 50's songs are based around the same things. Hoes, money, his "tough life", parties, etc. If your looking for a beat, sure, listen to his music, if your looking for anything else actually relating to musical talent, then listen to something else.

[B]6-[/B]I always have to say this over and over again. [B]Do not assume[/B]. "Please don't compare 50 Cent to a two year old until you listen to his CDs" How do you know we havn't listened to his CD's, heres a rude awakening my friend, I have. Don't just assume because we don't like it, that we havn't heard it. You have absolutely no idea what we've heard and can't just discount our opinions to make your own look better.

[B]Conclusion-[/B]I believe you've been owned.

[color=darkred][size=1]

You know what kid... I wasn't insulting your opinion or being rude to you, I was just objecting to it with my own opinion. There was no need to get all "You just got Owned" and what not. That was uncalled for.

But, if thats what you want it to be, then [URL=http://www.50centonline.com/massacre07.php]check it...[/URL]

First, I see, not only no reference to a female as a b*tch or ho, but I also see only one curse word in the whole song, which doesn't even refer to the female. Aswell, the whole song is based about enjoying sex together, not him making a sex slave out of a girl, I mean, listen to Olivia's lyrics to and what she is saying... secondly, in calling main stream America "stupid" is just straight up arrogant and ignorant, as if your above them. Third, seeing as 50 actually has the girl that collaborates with him on the song signed to his label, and she also speaks of how she will basically take advantage of a man, like a man would to a woman, seems kinda evened out to me. For a fourth, 50 has lots of meaning behind his songs, he just doesn't hide it behind complex symbolism.

Fifth, Blink 182 is one of my favorite bands ever, so don't go trying to school me on them. Sixth, to judge Hip Hop, you first have to appreciate what Hip Hop is, which is about telling about what you know or see, which may be his "rough life" or girls. Hip Hop artists, male and female, both refer to the opposite sex in lude ways, hell, 50 had been referred to directly by Missy Elliot in one of her songs, so its not like he's the only one, or the worst of the bunch. Seventh, if you think that 50, and any other rapper, is speaking off truth, or what they beleive is the truth, then your a fool. Rappers are famous for high exageration and fantasy fulfillment. They rap about things that are not always true, or highly exagerate the truth. 50 is no different. I'm sure he doesn't go around, macking hundreds of chicks, no less than Eminem goes out killing his Mom after raping her, so hey, chill out on the lack of humor, rappers have it to, why ya think he laughs so much in the song? (Check out Biz Markie!). [B]Lastly, you will [size=2]never,[/size][size=3] ever, own me, kid.[/size][/B]

Now that I'm done defending myself, lets get back to the subject matter.

I appreciate "Candy Shop" for what it is, a rap song that is free from heavy editting and still has that naughty, 'can he say that on radio' edge to it, while also using some pretty untouched lyrics. I rest my case.[/color][/size]

[size=1]I personally love "Candy Shop". I mean, you all are saying the reason you hate it (just skimmed through, not going into detail) is because all he talks about is sex. I think that was probably the point of the song, and the beat. It makes you feel dirty, makes you want to do ever single thing it mentions. And the words are catchy.

"[b]Soon as I come through the door she get to pullin on my zipper
It's like it's a race who can get undressed quicker[/b]"

"[b]As Long as she ain't stoppin, homie I aint stoppin
Drippin wet with sweat man its on and popping[/b]"

Are you telling me you wouldn't go to a club, get drunk, and still not dance to this? [b]That is what the song is for.[/b] Did you ever think of that? (And the lyrics I just put up are some of my faves from the song BECAUSE they are tongue twisters.) So, could you guys stop getting on to 50 cent about how he should stop telling us he can get hoes? Cause he isn't.

But, at first, I will tell you this: I heard "[b]Sugar[/b]" before I heard this song. I got kind of upset at 50 Cent because it sounded like he was copying. But both songs are good, great beats, great rhymes, all around grgeat songs. But while you are all entitled to your opinions, I still think you have your reasons wrong. :p[/size]

You didn't really conflict most of my points :animestun , you just kind of commented on them. Referring to America, theres been plenty of number ones that suck, point is, how they look on the chart has nothing to do with the actual music. Theres plenty of amazing musicians that aren't even recognized by these charts because of their lack of popularity.

Just because theres a girl in the song, doesn't mean she speaks for all women everywhere, Lil' Kim disproves that greatly. Sure, some girls like to think of it like that, but the majority, don't. Point is, most people would rather think of sex as an act of love then a rodeo. I mean c'mon, its so cheesy man.

I wasn't trying to school you on Blink 182, you brought them up remember, not me. But as I said before, the music is completely different and can't really be compared. I basically said that I don't like this kind of rap because of its lack of feeling. Theres plenty of rap that actually has something to it, I would even call it inspiring. Stuff like Nas, hes had a hard life, but it isn't mentioned in every song he sings. And I've heard a great majority of 50's songs and its all basically the same ideas with a different beat.

No one really commented on the lyrics I posted, cause well, its true. They are repetative and it just gets old. I have a friend sitting next to me right now who loves rap and he hates the song. Guess its just a matter of personal preference when it comes rap.

Lastly, the owning comment was because I was angry at the assumtion you made. That I havn't really listened to 50's stuff. I mean, you have no idea so how can you say that I havn't heard it. Why would I be posting in a thread about 50 cent if I havn't heard any of the songs? It wouldn't make sense.

I personally don't like this song and it doesn't help that major of girls in my art class love this song and play it at least 5 times a day :animeangr

I'm not into rapping and probably never will the only song that I ever liked was mc hammer can't touch this :D (i guess some people will tell me this isn't rap but hey)

[color=darkred][size=1]

Excuse me for my assumptions, kakashi. I just disagree at your point in comparing him to a two year old, when I beleive his rhymes a pretty complex and what not. I assumed you didn't listen to the album because of this disagreement, and for that, I admit my wrong.

50 Cent's "Candy Shop" isn't a song about love, but sex directly. Not sex for love, but the love of sex, so I guess talking about sex as an expression of love in that song wouldn't have fit in right, thats about my only disagreement at the moment.

(And I wasn't comparing 50 and 182, I was just giving an example of another musical styling using sexual references in song.)[/color][/size]

Well, considering ^.^ was the one who compared 50 to a 2 year old, I didn't really think it was a fair assumtion.

[quote name='^.^][Color=DarkBlue][Size=1]Gah, the beat I will admit is good, but even a two year old can rhyme his words. Just because it rhymes, doesn't make it worth while. I mean, it's like Xyander and x kakashi x pointed out. No one cares that 50 Cent can get hoes. If we cared, we'd send the paparazi after him.[/size'][/color][/quote]
And your correct, the song is definitely geared towards sex. Of course, thats just the reason I don't like it. The song is just so basic. No matter how complicated the rhymes are, as cheesy they may be, its still a simple POV about a simple subject. The song just has no depth. Like I said before, if you want something to dance to, then this is what you want. But if your looking for something other then that, you just won't find it here.

[QUOTE=x kakashi x]geez, here we go...

[B]1-[/B]It was the number one song in America, just proving the amazing amount of stupid people that populate our country. Just because its at the top of a chart showing album sales, doesn't mean its good. Personally, if I had the money I'd buy it just so I could light it "On Fire" and watch it burn to the ground. I'd rather listen to the crackling sound then half the songs on this cd.

[B]2-[/B]I've heard more complaints from girls about this song than compliments. Singing about girls as sexual toys is quite the insult, to most girls anyway. Calling it "equal-standing" is just bringing girls to the lower level of 50 Cent's lyrics. Sure, maybe its "equal-standing" but its equally low.

[B]3-[/B]Hes not talking about bit*hes and hoes? Who do you think these girls are hes talking about? What is your definition of "hoe" anyway? I don't think you need mine, you can just read the song lyrics right?

According to 50, shes already on top isn't she? Oh well, point is hes saying the same thing over and over again in different words. Guess it was hard to write a whole song completely based on sex and the degradation of females as we formally knew them.

[B]5-[/B]Comparing Blink 182 to 50 Cent is comparing apples and oranges. The only similarity between them is the numbers in their names. A lot of Blink 182's songs are jokes, meant to make you laugh and/or joke around about sex. 50 Cent actually talks seriously and acts badass while he talks about a girl licking his lollipop. How many girls do you know that would sexually pleasure you if you walked into a room and asked them to "ride you like you at a rodeo" (excuse 50's horrible grammar). Also, tons of Blink 182's actually have something behind them. Even if they seem to be stupid, we have no idea as to the actual meaning of the words. A majority of 50's songs are based around the same things. Hoes, money, his "tough life", parties, etc. If your looking for a beat, sure, listen to his music, if your looking for anything else actually relating to musical talent, then listen to something else.

[B]6-[/B]I always have to say this over and over again. [B]Do not assume[/B]. "Please don't compare 50 Cent to a two year old until you listen to his CDs" How do you know we havn't listened to his CD's, heres a rude awakening my friend, I have. Don't just assume because we don't like it, that we havn't heard it. You have absolutely no idea what we've heard and can't just discount our opinions to make your own look better.

[B]Conclusion-[/B]I believe you've been owned.[/QUOTE]

In Response:

1. No one said that it's being at the top of the chart's means that it's good, it just means that the song appeals to many many many people's taste: this is success. I had the same positive reaction as millions of others. If people react to a song that fully and positively, it, though not defining it as good, gives it credit. That's all he was saying.

2. I actually doubt you've heard many complaints. The song is about sex. That's it, why complain? I know some people are offended by it, but that doesn't necessarily say much about the song's quality.

3. There is nothing about bitches and hoes! I made that point in the first post! The song is abbout a very sexual relationship with a woman, and it's not a one time thing! I point to the "sprung I gotcha" lyrics.

4. You can find a pair of repetitive lyrics in about any song. Not to mention, he's coming off the chorus into the second one, so he uses that line to reintroduce, much like the chorus of Greek tragedies. There was nothing degrading about that song, and there aren't many repetitive lyrics. Also, PLENTY OF SONGS HAVE BEEN WRITTEN ABOUT SEX! how can you say that there's not much to be said?

5. That's so incorrect! There are plenty of similarities between them. Both of them have lighthearted/often joking or at least not serious, they both love music, they both produce music about their lives... I don't see how anyone can say that... Plus, why can't you compare apples to aranges? They're both delicious, they both produce juice, they're both fruits, they both have rinds, they both have seeds that are centered... XD

6. Though this one doesn't apply to me, it's safe to say that you haven't given his albums a good listen, especially not Candy Shop since you fail to speak intelligently about this song much of the time, and re-use the same inane points (no offense, though.)

Yup... Not saying anything about being owned, since it's just a response, and my own opinion...

[QUOTE=x kakashi x]You didn't really conflict most of my points :animestun , you just kind of commented on them. Referring to America, theres been plenty of number ones that suck, point is, how they look on the chart has nothing to do with the actual music. Theres plenty of amazing musicians that aren't even recognized by these charts because of their lack of popularity.

Just because theres a girl in the song, doesn't mean she speaks for all women everywhere, Lil' Kim disproves that greatly. Sure, some girls like to think of it like that, but the majority, don't. Point is, most people would rather think of sex as an act of love then a rodeo. I mean c'mon, its so cheesy man.

I wasn't trying to school you on Blink 182, you brought them up remember, not me. But as I said before, the music is completely different and can't really be compared. I basically said that I don't like this kind of rap because of its lack of feeling. Theres plenty of rap that actually has something to it, I would even call it inspiring. Stuff like Nas, hes had a hard life, but it isn't mentioned in every song he sings. And I've heard a great majority of 50's songs and its all basically the same ideas with a different beat.
[/quote]

It's not about conflicting, it's about responding. This is a discussion, not a debate :rolleyes:

As I said: Songs that are this widely recognized means that people are having a strong reaction to them. It doedn't necessarily mean it's a good song, but it means that people enjoy it. I hate most non-rap pop chart stuff, I don't know how anyone can stand bnads like your own Blink 182 or Ywellowcard or the **** that's popular today. Still, I give them credit for making music that people enjoy.

Okay, the fact that you said "[i]Just because theres a girl in the song, doesn't mean she speaks for all women everywhere[/i]" pissed me off, because that's obviously not the point. If the woman is enjoying it and not being objectified, than it's okay, because the women who would oppose to being like Olivia are [i]not[/i], in fact, Olivia. The majority shouldn't matter in music, or else no music would be original. That's a fact. Not to mention, cheesiness is fun!

50 Cent's music is definitely not always to be taken seriously. It's fun music, most of it, and it's almost always mean tot be danced to. Still, his lyrical wordplay is outstanding at times, even if the subject matter isn't to everyone's taste.

[quote name='x kakashi x']And your correct, the song is definitely geared towards sex. Of course, thats just the reason I don't like it. The song is just so basic. No matter how complicated the rhymes are, as cheesy they may be, its still a simple POV about a simple subject. The song just has no depth. Like I said before, if you want something to dance to, then this is what you want. But if your looking for something other then that, you just won't find it here.[/quote]

Depth doesn't always matter in hip-hop. Skilled MCs like 50 Cent will make a song to dance to like this, and, though the content won't be anything special, it's more about the multisyllabic rhyming and his skill with the language.

And yes, I wan't something to dance to. But, even looking for something other than that, I enjoy it.

[QUOTE=x kakashi x]Well, considering ^.^ was the one who compared 50 to a 2 year old, I didn't really think it was a fair assumtion.

[/QUOTE]
[color=darkred][size=1]

Hold On! Thats Right! And ^.^ was who I was referring to, not you. Oh, you got me all confused. I never adressed your post until my third paragraph, ^.^'s comment was in the first paragraph, so you had no reason to take offense to my assumption, because I was speaking to ^.^, or atleast, responding to it. So, thats a bit of an overreaction on your part. So, actually, I retract my apology for assumption, because I wasn't referring to you! So no harm, no foul.

I rest my case on my opinion of the song. I appreciate it for what it is, a rap song with a simple, universal subject, that is explained through different, complex, and original rhymes. Sooo, lets drop the arguement or whatever you wanna call it and let the thread be what it is. Why you like or dislike the song, and discuss why.[/color][/size]

[quote name='ReFlux][color=darkred][size=1]Excuse me for my assumptions, kakashi. I just disagree at your point in comparing him to a two year old, when I beleive his rhymes a pretty complex and what not[/color'][/size][/quote]

Yeah well, if I jumped to a conclusion then you jumped right with me. Anyway, we both had valid arguments so it would be pointless to continue anyhow. Good show though.

And the best response award goes to...

x kakashi x!

[QUOTE=x kakashi x]geez, here we go...

[B]Conclusion-[/B]I believe you've been owned.[/QUOTE]

x kakashi x, I love you. Couldn't have said it better myself.

[color=darkslateblue] I like a lot of hip-hop/rap songs, so when I first heard Candy Shop, I thought it was a cool song.

First of all, as a girl, I don't care about the lyrics 50 Cent is singing. [i]Hello.[/i] It's a mainstream rap song. A lot of guys are perverted jerks anyway, so it's not like 50 Cent is something evil that stands out against the billion other guys.

Second of all, I wanted to point this out: this is song you can play at a party and dance/have fun to.

Anyways, what the heck would we dance to if we didn't have hip-hop? [/color]

Personally I think this song is ridiculously obnoxious, but to each their own. The song really does absolutely nothing for hip-hop in general that hasn't been done before, so I'm not really understanding this "OMG A REVOLUTION IN MUSIC!!!" type praise it is receiving by some in this thread. Particularly because it is incredibly simple in every sense I can think of. Being able to dance to it or whatever is one thing, as most music of its type features some sort of decent groove/beat, but that's not going to win this song any awards.

People who claim to not like rap/hip-hop generally don't even look much into it, I find. If one thinks all songs in the genre are about sex or "bling" or whatever else, they obviously haven't looked beyond what's forced into their ears on the radio (radio charting is next to meaningless considering "independent parties" pay stations to play certain things). There's far better stuff than 50 Cent out there, mainstream or otherwise, as far as I'm concerned. The same goes for this song in particular.

No problem x kakashi x! And look, I'm not here to bash rap or anything. I love all music, and while rap is definately near the bottom of my list as far as genres go, there's still interesting stuff out there. Candy Shop (well, 50 Cent's work in general) is hackneyed, cliche modern rap music. It's been done countless times by countless artists (50 Cent just happened to have been shot a couple of times, so he reached a wider audience because apparently, him being shot was just unbearable awesome or something). If you want good rap that is actually progressive, check out Jedi Mind Tricks, Focus, and Esoteric. I'm pretty sure they're all underground, but all the beats and sampling are interesting and fresh, and the lyrics have at least [I]some[/I] thought behind them. I know that many rap fans are looking for something to dance to, but anyone can throw together some beats on a computer and rhyme to it. Give some credit to those who put some message behind what they're rapping about! There's just not a lot of substance behind Candy Shop. Sure, sex is great and everything, but it's been done over and over, especially within the rap genre (and yes, I know that not all rap is about sex, there's just a lot of it). Like I said, there's better stuff out there that is a hell of a lot more deserving of the kind of praise 50 cent is getting. And you guys want multisyllabic rhymes? Check out one of those rappers I listed above. Those kids have some true talent.

I myself have the 50 cent cd and it sucks awesomely I didn't got it got it from free the only good songs on it are Piggy Bank and Disco Inferno and Candy Shop is terrible and I wish I never heard it.

If you want a good Rap/Hip Hop cd get the Snoop Dogg R&G cd, Mike Jones Who is Mike Jones?, Eminem Show, The Game, Jin the First Chinese Rappe The Rest is History, Dr. Dre Detox (out soon), or any Jay-Z cd.
Those are good cds all of them get them great cd get any one of them.

[QUOTE=Skye][size=1]I personally love "Candy Shop". I mean, you all are saying the reason you hate it (just skimmed through, not going into detail) is because all he talks about is sex. I think that was probably the point of the song, and the beat. It makes you feel dirty, makes you want to do ever single thing it mentions. And the words are catchy.

"[b]Soon as I come through the door she get to pullin on my zipper
It's like it's a race who can get undressed quicker[/b]"

"[b]As Long as she ain't stoppin, homie I aint stoppin
Drippin wet with sweat man its on and popping[/b]"

Are you telling me you wouldn't go to a club, get drunk, and still not dance to this? [b]That is what the song is for.[/b] Did you ever think of that? (And the lyrics I just put up are some of my faves from the song BECAUSE they are tongue twisters.) So, could you guys stop getting on to 50 cent about how he should stop telling us he can get hoes? Cause he isn't.

But, at first, I will tell you this: I heard "[b]Sugar[/b]" before I heard this song. I got kind of upset at 50 Cent because it sounded like he was copying. But both songs are good, great beats, great rhymes, all around grgeat songs. But while you are all entitled to your opinions, I still think you have your reasons wrong. :p[/size][/QUOTE]

I think Skye is right on track. If you take a look at the MTV Interview that debued on MTV not too long ago, 50 states "Songs like Da Club are what make records, not the deep emotional ballads or the songs about having a beef with somebody" which is true. Everyone has to make a living right? Well this is how they make theres. Every artist has to have a few club hits to make it in the buisness, Candy Shop is another one of those cliche' ideas. I admit its not the best I've heard from him, infact I like In a little bit a WHOLE lot better then Candy Shop. (Definately not one of his best club hits) All I've been hearing is how people talk about how Eminem and so and so is better and more respected and yet they make their own club hits but differently. What about Just Lose it? isn't that an easy song to sing as well? The lyrics aren't as well thought out either. All artists have to make these songs, but if you truely want to judge someone, buy their CDS (not saying you haven't just stating) and don't listen to the singles that are out now. That is how you can tell if someone is a good artist or not. And if this is about another stupid "Rap is about sex, and degrades woman and blah blah blah" thread that comes about, face up to reality. This is the milennium. We all do it, and guess what? Sex sells. Madonna did it in the 80's. Backstreet Boys even did it in the 90's. And now rap is taking over. If you don't like rap, thats your decision, thats fine.

By the way, Its a shame that the game had to leave Gunit, he has some real talent and I even think his CD has overcome 50 Cent's. He's got alot of competition to do so I'm sure thats why he added in more club hits then ever. Money is what makes the world go round, its sad but true and if you were in the same situation, I'm know for sure thats what you all would do as well. Everyone has to make money somehow.

Guest Vampire_Nursery
i dont like any other type of music besides hard rock and metal, but i dont judge or hate ppl cuz of the music they like. thats all i have to say :D