OtakuBoards

Too much Sex? (slightly mature discussion)

i have an honest question, is there such a thing as too much sex?

My boyfriend and i have lately had this problem. It's gotten to the point that if we have enough time and we are laying in a bed it's gonna happen. And we lay in bed alot. I think we had sex 6 times last week. Thats in about 3 days. I sometimes tell myself that we will go a week. But it never happens.

Don't laugh, its silly i know but i was just wondering if anyone else has this problem. I mean its not like its interfering with our lives or anything. I just love him soo much.
I'm not saying you need sex if you are in love but it sure presses things along.

Alright so blast me with some much needed opinions to these questions:

1. Are we having too much sex?

2. If so, is it bad for our relationship? ( keep in mind we are each others first so we are still kind of reveling ion the novelty of it.)

3. Should people only have sex if they are in love?

4. Should i try and cut down?

[QUOTE=vegeta rocker]

4. Should i try and cut down?[/QUOTE]

I will address number one and number four, as I do not like to offer advice on relational issues.

1. The **** is too much sex? Your orgasm must have gone to your head and mushed something around. The act in and of itself cannot be defined quantitatively as harmful, although other factors can apply here. I suppose your uh... pearl on the step could require more and more stimulation to achieve the clouds and the rain, but thats hardly a bad thing, right?

4. If you really want to cut down, copulate so much that it becomes boring. That will force you to take a step back, and either become more inventive, or just drink some wine with clothes on rather than off. But to answer your question, I don't think you should. Keep those good old fashioned juices flowing and prove to society that there are still some things that don't need to be over analyzed.

[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=1]

[b]1. Are we having too much sex?[/b] First of all do you yourself think your having too much sex? maybe you should be talking to your boyfriend about these issues first of all, since otherwise I'm sure this 'problem' will continue.

[b]2. If so, is it bad for our relationship? ( keep in mind we are each others first so we are still kind of reveling ion the novelty of it.)[/b] Not unless thats all you two do. Suggest some time off, maybe try going to a movie or something for once? Become sexual does make you closer, but you don't want it to be all there is do you?

[b]3. Should people only have sex if they are in love?[/b] That is totally up to a person's beliefs, so only you can anwser that one.

[b]4. Should i try and cut down?[/b] I don't know should you? Obviously it must be bothering you if you were to create this thread. I suggest taking some weeks off if you think you've been too active.

[/FONT][/SIZE]

[font=franklin gothic medium][color=#808080]I don't know why this is even an issue. If you feel that you are having too much sex (for whatever reason), then have less sex. lol

Too much sex is only a problem if you perceive it as such. If you'd rather talk or go out with your boyfriend, then do that instead.

I don't think there is any rule about how often you should do it or what the circumstances should really be. In the end it comes down to what you are most comfortable with.[/color][/font]

[SIZE=1][FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][COLOR=DarkOrchid]My partner and I actually had this discussion about a month ago. We were pretty much doing the samething.

While we didn't necessarily think it was what you'd call a bad thing we decided to limit the amount of sex we have for a couple reasons.

One of the main reasons was we just wanted to prove to ourselves and others there was more to our relationship. I think when sex becomes such a prominent thing in a relationship people sometimes forget about the other things like cuddling or just holding hands; the things that can make you smile for the rest of the day.

Then the thought that we're both really young; especially for sex. The thought of two 17 year olds having kids was not something we wanted to have to worry about. I mean we did use protection, but as everyone knows its not 100% effective. So thats another reason why we've cut back on it.

To me it was a great way to show your partner that you love them, and am not just in it for the sex. For a person thats a comforting thing to know.

But I think you should really take in consideration what Pumpkin said. Tak to your partner about this, see how they feel.[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

[QUOTE=Raid3r]I will address number one and number four, as I do not like to offer advice on relational issues.

1. The **** is too much sex? Your orgasm must have gone to your head and mushed something around. The act in and of itself cannot be defined quantitatively as harmful, although other factors can apply here. I suppose your uh... pearl on the step could require more and more stimulation to achieve the clouds and the rain, but thats hardly a bad thing, right?

4. If you really want to cut down, copulate so much that it becomes boring. That will force you to take a step back, and either become more inventive, or just drink some wine with clothes on rather than off. But to answer your question, I don't think you should. Keep those good old fashioned juices flowing and prove to society that there are still some things that don't need to be over analyzed.[/QUOTE]

That is the most retarded answer you could give someone...Of course you can...its all about repitition. If you keep friggin playing the same game over and over you tend to get bored with it. Same can be said about any actions (take work for example), it seems everything is good with moderation.

Also I'd like to go along with what the others said, if the person thinks there maybe too much going on...then she's obviously not comfortable with it. Another way you can have too much sex. I'm sure I would be comfortable with doing it twice everyday or some outrageous thing like that...because...I'd get burnt out, and that's a lot of pressure on someone.

[COLOR=DarkRed] ok i had the same problem. exept i am fifteen and am devorced. my exhusband and me reall were into sex like that. before we were married we would do it like every day. well relationships are not built on sex alone. i think that if you are not serious (like marrage) be really careful because one of the reason i got married was because i was pg. I lost my baby but i still feel the pain so if you dont want to end up like me. i would say try to slow down on the sex. and really get 2 know each other before you make a big step. but its your life. :animedepr [/COLOR]

Question 1:

The thing about doing it too much is that it raises your odds of having something happen you may not be ready for.

Question 2:

In my own experince, once you are used to having sex a lot, it can cause problems if one wants to stop. Now there is a difference from stopping completly and toning it down. And I dont emply that this is in every case. The important thing is communication with your partner. Make sure you talk about it and come to an understanding.

Question 3:

I know some disagrea but I am going to say yes. Mainly for the fact it is getting to be more and more dangerous for peope to have sex with several different people. Plus, sex is a big commitment, it changes things in a relationship. Once you do it you can't take it back. I know a lot of people who have had their relationship ruined by doing it or in some case have felt trapped after it. I bleive also that a child needs a mother and a father. If by any chance something does happen, you and the child will need help from a father. Thats just something you should think about before you start doing things.

Question 4:

Only you can answer this one. You are the only one that knows the relationship you have with your partner. Examine your relationship and try and see if it is having any bad effects. If things are going sour or you or your partner are not happy, it may be becoming a problem. But like I said, you just have to talk to them and work it out. Just be responsible.

[COLOR=DarkOliveGreen][SIZE=1]IceWolfEyes, there is such a thing as too much sex as it is possible for people to become sex addicts. Too much sex only becomes bad for someone when he is not being productive in the other aspects of his life anymore.

About that 'people should only have sex if they are in love', I think it is a morality issue. It is up to people themselves to decide if they want to have sex for love or for lust or for any other reason.

Should you try and cut down? It's really up to you. Do it if you feel like it and learn to say 'no' if you don't. Don't try and pressure yourself into having sex just because you love the person.

PS. Sex is fun. XD[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[QUOTE=vegeta rocker]

2. If so, is it bad for our relationship? ( keep in mind we are each others first so we are still kind of reveling ion the novelty of it.)

3. Should people only have sex if they are in love?

4. Should i try and cut down?[/QUOTE]

[COLOR=Indigo]1- HAH! I doubt it. You aren't having enough.

2- Not at all, as long as the relationship isn't just 'bout sex.

3- No... I don't think so.

4- Why?[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#FF3399][SIZE=1]You can only have too much sex when you're starting to get bored and end up having to fake an orgasm.

Yes, that is when things have truly made a turn for the worst.

Seriously though, if you feel there are too many sexings too soon, then go ahead and discuss it with your partner. It can't really hurt afterall, can it?[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='Gelgoog Pilot']That is the most retarded answer you could give someone...Of course you can...its all about repitition. If you keep friggin playing the same game over and over you tend to get bored with it. Same can be said about any actions (take work for example), it seems everything is good with moderation.[/quote]

Yay me and Gelgoog agree :animesmil . On behalf of the questions, I don't really feel like putting them sepearately would make any difference since they're all basically the same question. If anyone knows whether your having "to much" sex or not, its you. How do you define "to much." Six times a week might be to much for you but its heaven for me lol. This is definitely a personal issue, none of us could tell you if your having to much sex, so, you tell me?

[quote name='sbrebaby][COLOR=DarkRed'] ok i had the same problem. exept i am fifteen and am devorced. my exhusband and me reall were into sex like that. before we were married we would do it like every day. well relationships are not built on sex alone. i think that if you are not serious (like marrage) be really careful because one of the reason i got married was because i was pg. I lost my baby but i still feel the pain so if you dont want to end up like me. i would say try to slow down on the sex. and really get 2 know each other before you make a big step. but its your life. :animedepr [/COLOR][/quote]

ok, I'm wondering if fifteen is a mistype or something? If not...what did you just say? lol. Is it even possible to get married at 15? Was your dress pink? Did your friends from HS attend and sit in the back gossiping about the other guys you like? Did they pass notes instead? I'm so confused.

[quote name='sbrebaby][COLOR=DarkRed'] ok i had the same problem. exept i am fifteen and am devorced. my exhusband and me reall were into sex like that. before we were married we would do it like every day. well relationships are not built on sex alone. i think that if you are not serious (like marrage) be really careful because one of the reason i got married was because i was pg. I lost my baby but i still feel the pain so if you dont want to end up like me. i would say try to slow down on the sex. and really get 2 know each other before you make a big step. but its your life. :animedepr [/COLOR][/quote]
[SIZE=1]Like kakashi, I'm a little confused. Perhaps a typographical error? You're [B]fifteen[/B] and [B]married[/B] someone? And had too much sex, and lost your baby? Sorry for the prying, personal questions. I guess I was a little ... taken aback when I read it. v_v

Too much sex? If it's damaging your life in some way.

Aside from that, don't take my advice on this topic. I don't know anything about it. xD[/SIZE]

Question 1:
The idea of what you just said is blasphemy to much sex what are you crazy I mean comeon theres no such thing as to much sex until you become a addict and need it night and day.

Question 2:
No not bad for relationship just make sure that it doesn't become expected all the time and doesn't take up all the time of the relationship itself.

Question 3: Its what you believe to me no as long as long as its safe its okay just make sure to both get checked out first don't want to catch a life ending disease like H I V.

Question 4: No you shouldn't as long as it doesn't exceed 20 times a week in 5 days your alright I mean more than 5 times a day and something funnies going on I mean what is he doing taking something.

well there are other parts to our relationship. We go out and we just love spending time with each other. I was just wondering if it was odd.

He is also my first boyfriend as well, even though i am 19. I am very in love with him but he says he doesn't love me anymore. He says he cares about me a lot but that he just doesn't love me the way he used to.

When we started having sex however we were both in love with each other. That is something i am glad about. I can say that my first time was a great experience and that i am happy about who it happened with.

[COLOR=#503F86]It sounds like he's still with you for physical comfort rather than a fully-fledged love. If you want him to love you like he did, t might be an idea to try other, more exciting things together to strenghten the emotional bond you share.

In relationship terms, it will probably depend on what you and your partner feel that you want to do. Medically, however, you can. It's mostly (and I'm sure you probably don't) if you use performance-enhancing drugs. Just make sure that you leave ample time between sex sessions and you won't run the risk of tearing tissue or developing priapism.

Aparrently, twice a week is the optimum for having sex. While a certain amount of sex is good for you, having too much can actually weaken your immune system.[/COLOR]

[QUOTE]I am very in love with him but he says he doesn't love me anymore. He says he cares about me a lot but that he just doesn't love me the way he used to.[/QUOTE]

At first I thought someone in a relationship getting sex regulary and I though why in sam's hill are you complaining (my new fave saying) but after I read that he says hes doesn't love but cares for you has changed my mind!

Thats why I'm only foucsing on a few questions!

[COLOR=Red] 2. If so, is it bad for our relationship? ( keep in mind we are each others first so we are still kind of reveling ion the novelty of it.)[/COLOR]

Your relationship doesn't seem great if hes not in love with you. If hes your first boyfriend do you think your ready for sex that becomes mundane and meaningless so soon?? Sex is an enjoyable pastime but if you do something alot it can get boring real fast!

[COLOR=Red]3. Should people only have sex if they are in love?[/COLOR]
Nope but if hes the first guy you slept with I think you should both at least have strong feeling for each other!

[COLOR=Red]4. Should i try and cut down?[/COLOR]

I don't think the amount of sex is your problem I thinks you should really consider his feelings for you!

[COLOR=#FF5646][SIZE=1][b]I.[/b] He says he doesn't love you anymore. If you're going along with this [i]routine[/i] because you love him then please, [i]please[/i] stop.
[INDENT][u]Him:[/u] Nothing --> gets Sex and Love
[u]You:[/u] Love --> gets Sex [/INDENT]
You're on the losing part of the deal, girl!

[b]II.[/b] Saying has it that having too much sex can lead to dark underarms. Not pretty.

[b]III.[/b] Then there's the possibility of you getting pregnant. You don't really know if he's willing to play Daddy to your kids.

If it doesn't feel right then don't do it.
Listen to your body, not to his whims. Even if you can replace him, you can only stick to your one body.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Retribution][SIZE=1]Like kakashi, I'm a little confused. Perhaps a typographical error? You're [B]fifteen[/B] and [B]married[/B] someone? And had too much sex, and lost your baby? Sorry for the prying, personal questions. I guess I was a little ... taken aback when I read it. v_v

Too much sex? If it's damaging your life in some way.

Aside from that, don't take my advice on this topic. I don't know anything about it. xD[/SIZE][/QUOTE]
No its not a typo...check her age...her birthday was in 1989. Same year as my sis. Like she said she got pregnant thus felt it best to get marriged...then not surprisingly the marriage flopped. This type of situation is occuring more and more. Though in most cases the guy leaves all responsibility to the girl since men are jerks.

[QUOTE=x kakashi x]Yay me and Gelgoog agree :animesmil . On behalf of the questions, I don't really feel like putting them sepearately would make any difference since they're all basically the same question. If anyone knows whether your having "to much" sex or not, its you. How do you define "to much." Six times a week might be to much for you but its heaven for me lol. This is definitely a personal issue, none of us could tell you if your having to much sex, so, you tell me?

ok, I'm wondering if fifteen is a mistype or something? If not...what did you just say? lol. Is it even possible to get married at 15? Was your dress pink? Did your friends from HS attend and sit in the back gossiping about the other guys you like? Did they pass notes instead? I'm so confused.[/QUOTE]

I am fifteen and i was married in Nabrask and no; one but our parents were there with us when we took our vows and lets just say tha but head of an ex divorced me when i lost our baby. i spent three weeks in the hospital because of him and i will never forgive him for it. i think there is a thing as too much sex so forgive me if i say that but ists the truth. :animeblus

[COLOR=#503F86]At fifteen you should not have been married, even in Nebraska. Whether it happened or not something isn't right there. The minimum age with parental consent is seventeen for men and women. Without it's 19. So it wouldn't have been a legal marriage, if anything.

But even so, there's 'too much sex' and 'sex too soon', which is a fundemental difference between the two situations. It's not as if any amount of sex will get you more pregnant- once is enough.

But anyway, I didn't really answer the questions in my last post.

1. I would say yes. But a lot of couples, when they first get together have sex very often. It's not unusual. You just need to remember that it has to be purposeful, otherwise it loses its meaning.

2. Yes and no. While sex can strengthen a physical bond, if you have it too often it can desensitise you to how much it actually means. Whereas the first time might have been something incredibly special, doing it over and over again becomes just plain sex.

3. I would say so, but really it's up to the people who are going to have sex. If it's a mutual itch that both want scratching, then fine. If not, I wouldn't force either one into it.

4. I think so. Just be firm with yourself (and him)- the longer you leave it between times, the more enjoyable it'll be the next time you do.[/COLOR]