1 member has voted

1. 1. Best RE Game?

• Resident Evil
    • Resident Evil 2
    • Resident Evil 3
    • Resident Evil Survivor
    • Resident Evil Code: Veronica X
    • Resident Evil Survivor 2

I need to know. What was the best RE game, in your Opinion? (PSX/PS2 Games only.)

I recently played Resident Evil: Code Veronica X (Jeez, what a mouthful) for PS2, and I thought it was pretty good... But come on, [I]another[/I] self-destruct sequence? ...Come on, Capcom. [I]Surely[/I] you can do better than that. Sheesh.

Anywho, enough of my rambling. What did you guys like best in the RE series?

I also liked Re2, because of the lickers... Those things are freaky, especially in that one scene where it climbs across the window... Try playing that at 12am with a window open and a howling wind outside, by yourself, on a big screen Tv with Surround sound and... That's it, i'll just shut up now.

I personally liked RE Survivor... I dunno why... I guess I'm just a FPS fan. (although it wasn't what I expected... I wanted to see Tyrant, Jill, Brad, Chris, Claire, Leon, a Hunter, Wesker, Barry and a Zombie on a desert Island, in competition to see who leaves the last... Or something like that.)

Being the huge RE freak I am, and having played all the RE games. Here's my view on the games

RE1 - It was a revolutionary game for PSX, it truly displayed the power and game quality of the PSX and just really showed what a Survival/Horror game was about. Although there were a few things that could have been done better, like the gun sound was just too tinny. But overall the music was great and really added that fear factor.

RE2 - Ahhhh...the classic sequel. This game was great because it really improved on the graphics (Although RE1 graphics were still great) and the sound was more defined too. A completely different setting, with completely new characters. But yet they managed to fit it into the plot of RE1 well. There was also some weapon upgrading, which was just plain awesome. They had some cool new enemies like the lickers and big guy. But my favorite thing about the game was when you thought you had finished it there was another scenario to play, which in some ways corresponded with the other scenario. That was a great idea.

RE3 - This was a good game set in between RE1 & RE2. It was another big leap in graphics and sound but managed to keep that perfect RE feel. It had some new weapons and a revolutionary new way of making ammo, the gunpowder system. I liked it because it meant you could make ammo for whatever gun you needed it for. It was also fun to explore the rest of Raccoon city and explore the streets. I was disappointed that there was only one scenario but it made up for it with the survival game. This was great, you could play a whole new game inside the game, I loved it.

RE Code Veronica X - This game was a huge leap forward in graphics, being on the PS2, and it started to experiment with a new style of RE, something completely new to the RE series... Camera movement. I think that this was a good move by Capcom, because for me it really adds to the fear factor, when the camera just slowly drifts around when you?re in an elevator. This game also had two scenarios and was set on a remote island, so it made it more believable that the whole place could be infected with this virus. It also had many new weapons and in one case a weapon where you could look in 1st person view, the sniper rifle, a very fun weapon. Over all i liked the changes that were made because finally i could play with Chris and he had more than 6 inventory slots!

RE survivor - This was a Huge LEAP away from the RE series, Just a first person shoot em up blessed with the title RE and some zombies, yet still a fun game to play. Although this game was a Gun shoot em up, I found it easier to play with the controller because there was so much movement involved. It was a good game but a little to short and lacking on plot, as a shoot em up usually is. Nevertheless it was a god game and I?m not going to put it down anymore.

I agree with Sphiroth. I hated Resident Evil Gun Survivor. Personally I thought it took the imagination out of it, especially at the beginning. I mus admit, it was very freaky facing that first zombie eye to eye.(RE un Survivor 1)

I thought Resident Evil2 was the best though.

[SIZE=1]I have not played the ones on PS2, but have played RE1,2 and 3. 1 was pretty freaky and I was scared... pantsless... 2 was better than 1, but with MORE scary bits... I jumped ALOT :D And 3... well, with the new choice action like "fight?" or "go in the abandoned police station?" gave this game more feel that YOU were in it (on the pantslessly scary-o-meter it would be 5 becuase I didn't find it as scary as 2 or 1)

Best? RE3... because I only played half of it and I only got a lil' bit scared... :nervous: [/SIZE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ShadowGohan [/i]
[B][SIZE=1]I have not played the ones on PS2, but have played RE1,2 and 3. 1 was pretty freaky and I was scared... pantsless... 2 was better than 1, but with MORE scary bits... I jumped ALOT :D And 3... well, with the new choice action like "fight?" or "go in the abandoned police station?" gave this game more feel that YOU were in it (on the pantslessly scary-o-meter it would be 5 becuase I didn't find it as scary as 2 or 1)

Best? RE3... because I only played half of it and I only got a lil' bit scared... :nervous: [/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]
Believe me, you haven't played half of it. It's a pretty big game. And very true about RE3 giving you tthe feel that you're in the game, considering that like Nemesis is still walking towards you while you decide. I just run practically every time until I have to fight.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by NeoCactuar [/i]
[B]Yeah, that acting in RE1 was hilarious.

"Why Jill...... you were almost a jibble sandwich" *Varies out of time hand movements* [/B][/QUOTE]

to this day, I STILL don't know what he says, some say gerbil sandwitch, I say jibble sandwitch, but what the HELL is a jibble sandwitch....

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sephiroth [/i]
[B]

to this day, I STILL don't know what he says, some say gerbil sandwitch, I say jibble sandwitch, but what the HELL is a jibble sandwitch.... [/B][/QUOTE]

jibble sandwich... Nice work, Capcom...

"wAIt! DoN'T opEN that DOor!" ...Come on, who was doing the voice acting? William Shatner?

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Final_Flash [/i]
[B]

jibble sandwich... Nice work, Capcom...

"wAIt! DoN'T opEN that DOor!" ...Come on, who was doing the voice acting? William Shatner? [/B][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]Maybe if you say Jibble quickly it sounds like chicken... or gerbil... what is a Jibble? That's a cool word... JIBBLE!.

And NeoCactuar, you can choose whether to fight him or run in the police station on the first choice. And the second one, you can hide in the office or jump out the window.

I love when you are in the police station, you can constantly hear Nemesis banging on the door... that got me freaked... and then you see him walking down the corridor... that took the whole bloody load of my machine gun and shotgun ammo... and he STILL wasn't dead... damn him...[/SIZE]

ah, good old nemesis, he was cool, the whole stalking jill throughout the game aspect was cool, but people seem to have forgotten about the guy in resident evil 2, in the alternate scenario, very reminiscent of nemesis as he stalks you throughout the game, he doesn't have a name, I just call him "the big guy"....

[B]ah, good old nemesis, he was cool, the whole stalking jill throughout the game aspect was cool, but people seem to have forgotten about the guy in resident evil 2, in the alternate scenario, very reminiscent of nemesis as he stalks you throughout the game, he doesn't have a name, I just call him "the big guy".... [/B][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]The big guy? Would he happen to have a large orange eyeball on his shoulder?[/SIZE]

No, that's William Burkin. Sephiroth is talking about the Large Black man in the trench coat that it dropped out of the tube named "T-01" I believe standing for tyrant one, but I just call him "Big Guy". He was sent from umbrella to eliminate whoever is your second scenario character.

[B]ah, good old nemesis, he was cool, the whole stalking jill throughout the game aspect was cool, but people seem to have forgotten about the guy in resident evil 2, in the alternate scenario, very reminiscent of nemesis as he stalks you throughout the game, he doesn't have a name, I just call him "the big guy".... [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=crimson][size=1]Actually, he is commonly known as "The Tyrant".

I felt that Resident Evil 3 was slightly better than RE2. I loved the fact that you went back to those original RE2 locations...and things were different.

And I felt that Nemesis really added a sense of urgency...you never knew when he was going to appear. It added a really good level of uncertainty to the game.[/color][/size]

[SIZE=1]You know in the police station when nemesis stops banging on the door... and you go down the stairs and in this corridor... you don't get a choice, you have to fight him!! He has this umm... rocket thingy that shoots at you... I got really scared, jumped and screamed like a lil' girl ^-^! Then I panicked and wasted my ammo on him... all of it... and all he did was fall over and get up again... then I died... boohoo...[/SIZE]

Guest Cyclone
I liked RE3 the best. Just because the Nemesis is out ther hunting you down and I seriously hate having to faced that guy(the first time I had to fight him I was screaming and swearing while Jill ran around firing her magnum. Ah I love you magnum .). And on the big Tyrant guy in RE2 I think it actually said T-103 on those tanks(I could be wrong but I read in a magazine he is called Tyrant-103 so it makes sense). Personally I didn't find him scary though. He posed too little of a threat to be scary(I'm not afraid of a big guy in a green coat)