OtakuBoards

Invader Zim

Silent Whispers

Who Is Your Favorite Invader Zim Character?!  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Favorite Invader Zim Character?!

[color=darkorchid]Hello everyone again TwoMoons here and one question need to be answered.[/color]
[color=darkorchid]Has anyone ever seen the awsome anime show called "Invader Zim"[/color]
[color=darkorchid][/color]
[color=darkorchid]If not, you dont know what you are missing.[/color]
[color=darkorchid]You are missing out on pure laughter, stupidity, great graphics, awsome character designs, ect.[/color]
[color=darkorchid]I would say you should watch it.[/color]
[color=darkorchid]IT IS A GREAT ANIME![/color]
[color=darkorchid]And those who have GREAT..I hope you know what i am talking about![/color]
[color=darkorchid]TwoMoons[/color]

I picked "Other", because I think Tak is super awesome! But all the characters rule because Invader Zim is, in my opinion, the greatest animated show (or show period) EVER! Jhonen Vasquez is a genius! I mean, he wrote Johnny the Homicidal Maniac, I Feel Sick, and Squee, and invented, animated, and wrote for Invader Zim. Jhonen is so awesome. But anyway, Tak is my favorite character.

[COLOR=DarkRed]I love Invader Zim, it's a great show! Gir is by far my favorite character. I love the randomness of it all, something Gir greatly contributes to the show. "I was the turkey all along!," it's just too good. I could go on for hours of all the greatness and great parts of it, but whatever.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue][FONT=Comic Sans MS]I think Invader Zim is not technically an "anime". :glasses: It's just an American animated show. But yeah, I still love it!! :rotflmao: I keep wating for the next DVD to come out, but until then I watch them over and over again. LOL! My favorite episode has to be the bee and the other one with "The Moose" LOL :rotflmao:

Has anyone seen the DVD extras? They're hilarious!! Oh, I think they were talking about bringing Invader Zim back on television soon. COOL!!!! :luv: [/FONT] [/COLOR]

[quote name='benakittie][COLOR=DeepSkyBlue][FONT=Comic Sans MS]I think Invader Zim is not technically an "anime". :glasses: It's just an American animated show.[/FONT'] [/COLOR][/quote]
[COLOR=DarkRed]Well, by definition it is anime, because anime is a Japanese word reffering to anything that is animated. How Americans reffer to it is what most people think of with anime. I think of anime as what most do from Japan, but i didn't question this, because technically it is.[/COLOR]

[color=darkorchid]YEAH I LIKE GIR!!!![/color]

[color=darkorchid]he is like so stupid and funny at the same time! Thats what makes hime special.[/color]
[color=darkorchid]almoust all my friends and i LOVE Gir! more or less we are obssessed.[/color]
[color=darkorchid]Hope you all enjoy posting in this thread!:catgirl: [/color]
[color=darkorchid]TwoMoons[/color]

[quote name='boxybrown305][COLOR=DarkRed']Well, by definition it is anime, because anime is a Japanese word reffering to anything that is animated. How Americans reffer to it is what most people think of with anime. I think of anime as what most do from Japan, but i didn't question this, because technically it is.[/COLOR][/quote]

~_~ the term anime is used in the US for the sake of referring to JAPANESE animation. Zim is an American cartoon, not "anime". It is, however, being put on DVD by Anime Works and is filed under anime at Target...not sure about other places. It's not Japanese (though if you wanna get technical, I believe some Korean people worked on it. Is there a Korean term for animation?)

Seriously though,who cares. It's still an American show. Calling it anime seems weird.

Anyway~

I totally heart Zim. I got to meet the guy who does the voice of Gir and he's super nice. I like Gir a lot, just like most people XD; Though all the characters are really great. Gaz is prolly my second fave character (squee for the game slave 2 episode~)

The show probably got canned because it really wasn't Nickelodeon (sp? ) material... it's insanely different from everything else they show. I never bothered watching the extras though, so I don't know anything about them talking about bringing the show back. It would be nice to see more episodes, but I doubt Nick would bring it back (though could prolly get someone else to fund it though).

Invader Zim is such a fun, random show to quote XD "Why is his head so big?"

[SIZE=1]I love Gir! He is just like me,only the male,dog/alien and cuter version!
And I lubb cupcakes too...so yeah.

My mom thought Invader Zim was to "violent" when it was on Nickelodeon,so she didn't let me watch it.But I borrowed the DVD from Blockbuster.So I have seen it.

But my friend Michael likes it more.He has all kinds of Invader Zim stuff.He even carries around a Gir and Pig purse (a.k.a. messenger bag).He is more obsessed than me.[/SIZE]

[QUOTE=GTK]

I totally heart Zim. I got to meet the guy who does the voice of Gir and he's super nice."[/QUOTE]

[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Wow! That's so cool!! :animesmil I'm kinda jealous. :p lol :animesmil so how'd you meet him? I met the black power ranger once on an online chat room for anime discussion. I think he was the one from when they were beastie rangers...I don't know. His name was Jack Guzman or something. He was nice too.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Guest cecilia rose
[COLOR=SeaGreen]i really like invader zim, but none of my friends or anybody in my age group likes it... :animecry: my step bro is so obssessed with it!! ya, while i was in california, visting my uncle, he has this channel, umm... like "old school nick" or "nick classics" but whatever it was called, it had invader zim on it, just wanted to share my "discovery"! dib is my fav character, but im weird! :animeswea [/COLOR]

Loved Invader Zim, wanted to see more on tv and I love gir though.. He's on my signature so here's he on my post...[IMG]http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v299/defbug/animated/dancing_gir.gif[/IMG]

[quote name='benakittie][COLOR=DeepSkyBlue][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Wow! That's so cool!! :animesmil I'm kinda jealous. :p lol :animesmil so how'd you meet him? I met the black power ranger once on an online chat room for anime discussion. I think he was the one from when they were beastie rangers...I don't know. His name was Jack Guzman or something. He was nice too.[/FONT'][/COLOR][/quote]

He goes to a lot of cons ^_^ I've seen him a few times, actually. The first one was CKon (in Indiana)...and he was totally cool XD I got to hug him and everything (and I bought art prints from his wife...who is an amazing artist!). He was also at Anime Central (in Arlington, Il) this year....
He seems to go to a few cons ^_^ So maybe if there's one near you, you can check the guest list and see if he's gonna be there? His name is Rikki Simons. I believe his wife is Tavi (or Tavisha)? They are both super nice ^_^

Here's his journal, if that helps any XD;;

[url]http://sadcircusbythesea.typepad.com/[/url]

[font=Verdana][size=2][color=navy]WOW! Everyone LOVES GIR! I am very impressed.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=2][color=navy]But nobody really seems to love Zim and everyone else...why!?[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=2][color=navy][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=2][color=navy]Why is Gir so SPECIAL!!:animesmil [/color][/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=2][color=navy]Besides the fact that he is lovable, funny, stupid, ocward, intresting,[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=2][color=navy]out there, ect.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=2][color=navy]But everyone else has special traits about them.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=2][color=navy]But for some reason we all seem to love Gir.:catgirl: [/color][/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=2][color=navy]GIR ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/color][/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=2][color=navy]TwoMoons[/color][/size][/font]

[color=red]Well i would consider that GOOD! Only because if you remind yourself of Gir[/color]
[color=red]then that would mean that everyone would LOVE you! Shoot I wish i was like Gir,[/color]
[color=red]however i am not. I have World Dominaton to worry about.:animeswea [/color]
[color=red][/color]
[color=red]TwoMoons[/color]
[color=#ff0000][/color]
[color=#ff0000][/color]

Gir is the coolest. Nothing can top him. Not even pokemon during it's great uprising. I think the reason why everyone's voting for him, is because he's the easiest to remember cause you loved him so much.

I mean, Zim is an idoit; Dib's a stupid genious; Gaz is the scary goth chick that probably gave you nightmares; And pig... ... ... excatly. So... does that explain it?

Every year there are two big Anime Conventions that my friends and I talk about. Anime North just finished, and CN Anime is coming this August.

The reason I post this in the Zim thread is because CN Anime is merged with the Comic Book, Sci Fi, Horror, and Gaming conventions. And for this year's Comic Book convention JHONEN VASQUEZ, creator of Zim, JtHM, and Squee, will be a guest of honour. ^^

BWAHAHAHA. I can't wait to meet him.
Him and Linda Park... OOh and Tuvok... and Elijah Wood but he's meh...

anyway. Anyone have any questions that they would want me to ask him if I have the chance? I wonder if I will though... Sometimes you have to pay extra for the special guests. >.<

-ArV

[SIZE=1]Personally, I like Zim. Gir is alright, thats right I said it, just alright. He is random, and pretty funny, but Zim is funnier I believe. His "take over the world" antics are hilarious. He seems so determined yet the most futile things always seem to thwart his plans. His interaction with Gir is really funny as well.

Dib is my second favorite. I'd be incredibly frustrated if I were him :animesigh [/SIZE]

[color=purple]Finally someone who doesnt like Gir like the rest of us.:animesmil [/color]

[color=purple]I mean its not bad or anything i had just never heard anyone tell us that [/color]
[color=purple]they perfer Zim over Gir.[/color]
[color=purple][/color]
[color=purple]If i was Dib i would be frustrated too ya know,:animeangr [/color]
[color=purple][/color]
[color=purple]TwoMoons[/color]

[SIZE=1]*wipes tears* N-No I'm fine...just kidding lol

I just think Gir is the simple kind of funny, while Zim offers a little more comedy you actually have to think about. I think he has the best interaction with other characters as well. Zim and Dib arguments and conversations are hilarious, and Gir usually only interacts with Zim, rather then everyone else.

On another topic, you shouldn't double post. The admins will hunt you down and kill you! lol, not really, but it is a rule, so next time just wait till a few more people post, or edit the previous post, thanks[/SIZE]

[QUOTE]The reason I post this in the Zim thread is because CN Anime is merged with the Comic Book, Sci Fi, Horror, and Gaming conventions. And for this year's Comic Book convention JHONEN VASQUEZ, creator of Zim, JtHM, and Squee, will be a guest of honour. ^^[/QUOTE]

NO WAY! JtHM is my single most favoritest piece of animated fiction EVER!!! I LOVE JHONEN VASQUEZ AND YOU GET TO MEET HIM AND I DON'T SO I SHALL STAB MY HEAD WITH A SPORK! Happy sausage time!

:animesmil :animesmil :animesmil SAUSAGE :animesmil :animesmil :animesmil

[QUOTE=r2vq][size=1]...dunno if i get to meet him yet...[/size] maybe just q&a
JtHM is animated? I thought only Zim was animated.

-ArV[/QUOTE]

[color=magenta]I thought that too....what is this world coming too!?:cool: [/color]
[color=magenta][/color]
[color=magenta]TwoMoons[/color]