NorykoAngelcry

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by liamc2 [/i]
[B]cool thanks, o_0 oook, imagine 64 people on the same gamecube! [/B][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]Mental...

Anyways... me need to pre-order the actual GCN first! If I can get £299.99 then I can buy it from a shop I know... US of course though....

NA, it's excellent isn't it, but the controls are hard to get used to... there are THREE ways to jump, no.. no... four! The joystick, the C-Button stick, the Y+X buttons and the D-Pad!! :laugh:

Do you think they are hard to get used to?[/SIZE]

[COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]I went ahead and deleted all the spoilers that were put throughout the post (or as many as I could find). I started a new thread where any and all cheats, secrets, and spoilers could be put. Sorry if this upsets anyone. Leave me a PM or talk to me in AIM - Noryko81 or email me at [email][email protected][/email] if you want to express yourselves to me at all.

Sorry, but please keep THIS thread clear of spoilers, or I will delete them as I find them.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[color=indigo]THANK YOU!!! I was getting really sick of all the spoilers! I think it's fine to post them, but do it in another thread.
I accidentally read one, and it PISSED ME OFF!!! I didn't find out anything that I didn't already know, but it still pissed me off.

Anyway, back onto the topic:
YES!!! I AM [I]SO[/I] GLAD THEY LET ME USE THE X+Y BUTTONS TO JUMP!!! YES!!! I'll have to try out the other ways too, but I think the one that I'm going to use the most is X+Y.
Oh yeah... When you use the C Stick, do you have to push it up, or can you push it in any direction? Same question about the D Pad, too.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by jcgoudy [/i]
[B][color=indigo]THANK YOU!!! I was getting really sick of all the spoilers! I think it's fine to post them, but do it in another thread.
I accidentally read one, and it PISSED ME OFF!!! I didn't find out anything that I didn't already know, but it still pissed me off.

Anyway, back onto the topic:
YES!!! I AM [I]SO[/I] GLAD THEY LET ME USE THE X+Y BUTTONS TO JUMP!!! YES!!! I'll have to try out the other ways too, but I think the one that I'm going to use the most is X+Y.
Oh yeah... When you use the C Stick, do you have to push it up, or can you push it in any direction? Same question about the D Pad, too.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]You can use the C Stick any direction to jump, I dunno about the D Pad, I think the same as the C Stick... but it may just be D-up.[/SIZE]

• 3 weeks later...
[COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]Ummm, just from my personal experience, you can NOT use the C-stick to jump. Instead, it acts as a combination of the A button and whichever direction you push. VERY helpful if you get the hang of it. For example, if you are standing still, and someone is coming from above, hit the UP direction on the C -stick and you swing upwards (using Link as the player here, but same general moves for everyone)

Ok, for those that have it, I want to know what you think of the characters. Who do you play, what do you think? etc. etc.

I still love Link, and am in love with his UP and B attack. It is totally awesome if you can connect the right way with an opponent. The main problem I have is his inability to knock people off the boards. I can still kick some major butt in the game, but when I seriously try to knock someone off, it is next to impossible for me when I actually try to. I know that his Smash Attack is one of the weakest in the game, but it is pretty annoying even without those.

Young Link is my second favorite, as if he is THAT different, right? ^_^ I love his flame arrows, and his UP and B attack on the ground totally rules. His tuant (though it really isn't a tuant) is him pulling out a bottle of milk and he drinks it - LOL, that is just too awesome!

My next favorite is probably Ganondorf. I LOVE how powerful he is, and he can knock people off at like 45% I love seeing my friends flip out that I killed them when they don't even touch me more then 20% LOL. His moves are pretty good, and he is a decent character to fight with, regardless of his speed.

Next comes Zelda, now that I am getting the hang of both Zelda and Sheik. I used to only use Sheik, but her moves were hardly strong enough compared to Zelda's. Sheik is REALLY fast, and that is totally awesome, but she doesn't have the range of moves that makes Zelda truly stand out. Zelda has power, power, and more power, and now that I have gotten used to her, I find myself doing much better with her. I can tag people with her forward and B attack, surprising them, even though they know exactly what the move does. Her wide range of defensive moves makes her even more of a threat, as people like to come after me thinking I am a simple pushover ^_^

Peach would have to be my next favorite. She has some pretty decent moves, and though I have put her off on the amount of play that I have given her, I can still whoop up some people pretty good =P I love her forward and A smash attack. I love whooping someone with a golf club, only to bash them next time with a frying pan :rotflmao:

Those are only the MAIN ones I play, and while I do use almost all of them those have to be the best in my opinion. Post your characters, and why ou like them ^_^ [/SIZE][/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by NorykoAngelcry [/i]
[B][COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]Ok, for those that have it, I want to know what you think of the characters. Who do you play, what do you think? etc. etc. [/SIZE][/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]Alrite starting off with my first favorite character it would be Kirby.

[b][color=deeppink]Kirby[/color][/b]-I'd always loved Kirby from the original Smash Bro.,although some of his moves in Melee seems to be quite weaker than the original, some of his new moves can replace that for me.Like his new hammer move its pretty strong along with the Up + B attack where he rises up with his slicing bommerang and strikes back down man I like using that move.And his rock move where Kirby can turn into different type of objects wow that sweet!:toothy:

[b][color=orange-red]Roy[/color][/b]-Now for Roy,I like the move where you hold the B button down as he charges up then release it and cause a major damge to any oppenent coming near you it comes in handy most of the time.Roy got some really neat sword attacks.Sigh he quite lacks in speed though.

[b][color=red]Fox Mcloud[/color][/b]-Fox must be one of the quickest character in the game,which is why I like him.Lets see I like how Fox gun can shoot rapidly fast it damges the oppenent but doesn't make them move thats pretty neat.I love his smash attack kicks them with both of his legs its fast but not that strong but good enough to send them flying.Oh yeah I also i like Fox Up+B attack it a neat move it hurts the oppenent and its like a jump very useful to use.

[b][color=blue]Mario[/color][/b]-What can I say about the famous plumber well he's like an all-around type of fighter got an average speed,power,etc.Mario's cape come in handy when enemies use projectiles attack against me.Eh and I like his taunt,he turns big then back to small must be drinking alot of milk to be able to do that or its probaly just the mushrooms.Alrite onto his moves, his down+B attack is awsome spins around and looms them in the air then I could link it up by jumping and using a attack.

[b][color=purple]Ness[/color][/b]-Ah yes last but not least,the most main reason why I use him is because of his powerful homerun bat,I like using it against my friends lol.Ness is small but quite powerful like when I use the Up+B attack and hit it against Ness it cause damage to whoever is in the way.Too bad Ness is weak when he gets strike by an Smash attack but other than that he is awsome just like his cool looking cap.:)[/size]

[COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]When I first got Marth and Roy, I thought they were really awesome (opting to use Roy over Marth), but to be honest, I have a simple problem with them, ok a few.

The first one is just something I need to get used to. They swing their swords too fast. I mean, this isn't that bad of a thing, but I notice when someone is coming at me, I try to hit them, and they will swing their sword before my opponent is in range. . talk about annoying ^_^ But like I said, just given time, and I will have that taken care of.

The other problem is down attacks. They don't stab their sword down, they sort of just swing it. And with the speed thing, after I swing, I am totally vulnerable to attacks, and it can be annoying for me =/ But I suppose this falls under the category of time, and with it, I will have that mastered too.

One more thing - Roy's charged attack. If you hold it down to where he explodes when he hits the ground, he DOES take damage. I believe it is 10 - 15% on whatever you have. Just something to watch out for, as if you don't pay attention, you can get busted fast. :D
[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[B][COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]When I first got Marth and Roy, I thought they were really awesome (opting to use Roy over Marth), but to be honest, I have a simple problem with them, ok a few.

The first one is just something I need to get used to. They swing their swords too fast. I mean, this isn't that bad of a thing, but I notice when someone is coming at me, I try to hit them, and they will swing their sword before my opponent is in range. . talk about annoying ^_^ But like I said, just given time, and I will have that taken care of.

The other problem is down attacks. They don't stab their sword down, they sort of just swing it. And with the speed thing, after I swing, I am totally vulnerable to attacks, and it can be annoying for me =/ But I suppose this falls under the category of time, and with it, I will have that mastered too.

One more thing - Roy's charged attack. If you hold it down to where he explodes when he hits the ground, he DOES take damage. I believe it is 10 - 15% on whatever you have. Just something to watch out for, as if you don't pay attention, you can get busted fast. :D
[/SIZE][/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

[size=1]Lol,true I'd choose Roy over Marth anyday.About Roy charge attack yeah he does take damage when it charges up so I try to use it less in a important fight,unless if it wasn't then I'd just enjoy using all sorts of moves with Roy.:) [/size]

I have a question. I want to know if Link is gooing to have his shield agian in this game too. I can't stand why he just has it and doesn't use it in super smash brothers (for 64). I really hope that he does use it some time.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by kizu [/i]
[B]I have a question. I want to know if Link is gooing to have his shield agian in this game too. I can't stand why he just has it and doesn't use it in super smash brothers (for 64). I really hope that he does use it some time. [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]Hehe, you are in luck if you are a Link fan ^_^ Not only does he still have his shield, but it has a GREAT use. It actually blocks stuff. Now bear with me.

I was playing around one day, and my friend (who plays Samus, ALL THE TIME, LOL) and I were fighting it out in a one on one match. I was just sitting there, and forgot to block (I have no idea why), and the blast was TOTALLY absorbed by the shield. It knocked me back a bit, but I took 0 damage. Then he tried to fire a few homing missles at me, LOL, once again, they all were absorbed. Needless to say, he was VERY upset that I now had that ability.

Sooooooo, yes, he still does have it, and it plays a GREAT role in this game. Enjoy~
[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Hey, NA you seem to be very found of zelda games, after all your top favorites are Link(both of them), Zelda, and Gannondorf.

You guys are making me jealous, I don't have it yet :bawl:! Well, have any of you tried using the ice climbers, they seem to be very intresting from what I've read and seen. What do you guys think about them. I also heard that their ability to jump horizantily is the worst in the game, is this true too?

I wish I wouldn't have to ask, but it just hasn't been released here.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Cecil [/i]
[B] Well, have any of you tried using the ice climbers, they seem to be very intresting from what I've read and seen. What do you guys think about them. I also heard that their ability to jump horizantily is the worst in the game, is this true too?

I wish I wouldn't have to ask, but it just hasn't been released here. [/B][/QUOTE]

[size=1]From what I have experience with Nana and Popo,the Ice Climbers always travel together they never leave each other sides, you can take control of either Nana or Popo while the other Ice Climber will always follow you and copy the moves you use.But if you guys ever get seperated the CPU(computer) will take control and try its best to come back with you.If your partner dies then it wouldn't count as a death to you,you could continue fighting alone whcih is quite sad without a partner.

The Ice Climbers have some unique moves that I enjoy using such as the Ice Shot(B button) it can shoot out either 1 or 2 ice blasts depending if you have a partner by your side,if your partner is by your side it can take up more damage.Their Smash attack(Hold Forward + A button) must be one of the strongest smash attack in the game it can cause a major damage so its comes in handy.

And finally the horizantal jump(Up + B button) I'm not quite use to using it yet it seems kinda hard to take control of,your partner throws you up in the air so you can reach a higher distance while if there isn't a platform for your partner to land on then he'll just fall down and die.I guess it just takes timing to learn how to use it properly.[/size]:)

Can i say sumthing i have ssbm and i know who all the secret peeps r and luigi is on ssbm i got him he's a secret peep and i got ganon and falco roy marth jiggilypuff and i only need dr mario game and hand and young link and ummmmmm pichu so ask me anything bout ssbm i know alot of stuff about it and do any of yall have i know sum peeps have it that posted

[SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]dont double post... who is hand? there is only an enemy not a playable character... so anywayyyyyyyyyy you need to use english that i can understand *and i get a lot including mine* so um... use some sort of punctuaion even if it is wrong![/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

[B]

[COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]I was playing around one day, and my friend (who plays Samus, ALL THE TIME, LOL) and I were fighting it out in a one on one match. I was just sitting there, and forgot to block (I have no idea why), and the blast was TOTALLY absorbed by the shield. It knocked me back a bit, but I took 0 damage. Then he tried to fire a few homing missles at me, LOL, once again, they all were absorbed. Needless to say, he was VERY upset that I now had that ability.

Sooooooo, yes, he still does have it, and it plays a GREAT role in this game. Enjoy~
[/SIZE][/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

That is so cool. I was wondering about that for a while. I couldn't get over the fact that he has his shield in the first one but he doesn't use it. It is nice that he is finaly using it.

• 9 months later...
[COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]As much as I love bringing up old topics (as opposed to just starting new ones, only to have them locked, I decided to pop this one back to the top. I am "Noryko the Topic Recycler" after all.

For those that used to post in this topic that didn't have the game - do you have it now? If so, what characters are you playing? Do you have any complaints about this game? Have you unlocked everything yet?

Post here if you have anything else to comment too. . this isn't just limited to newer players of course. Oh, and on a side note - I still play Link, though Ganondorf has taken over my top spot. It is just a lot easier to finish matches quicker playing him ^_^ Link is tied with Ganondorf in terms of favorites. Young Link and Zelda have taken a distant third and forth spot. I think DK is above Peach now. . Oh well. . just me ^_^[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[color=darkred]I still play SSB on the Nintendo 64, as well as the sequel on the GC, SSB:M. Captain Falcon is my character of choice, however I have many back ups, Mario is one, Link and Fox are others. I have to say that the 64 version was my favourite, but Mélee brought a new type of play, more time in the air, and a great amount of speed. One could also power up attacks, like smash attacks and up A attacks. My tactics I shall keep to myself, however I must say I love to keep in the action and have a tendency to get knocked off as a result, as The Elite DBZ will tell you. We play regularly play, usually at his place, as I don't have a GC yet :(. Speaking of the GC, if anyone has anything to donate to the Let John Get a GameCube Fund, please PM me. :D[/color]

I love SSBM more than SSB, and I use either Link, Falco, Dr Mario or Marth in most of my games, and all the other characters, but they are my most used. I am extremely good at it now, and can take on 3 level 8's all on me and abolutley toy with a level 9. I've unlocked EVERYTHING except the trophys to come out with new games, but have all the trophys available so far.

Try and beat this, my total KOs is over 300,000 because me and my friends play so much!

[b]The thread may be one year old, but obviously some people have something to say about it, and it's better to bring it back than start a new topic, :p.

As I'm sure I've mentioned in this post (think I posted last year, lol) I [i]love[/i] SSB, and now that I have melee I love it even more, although it was difficult to get used to the extreme speed compared to the original.

I love to play with The One and another friend of mine, and we are all pretty confident that we are some of the best at SSB :D[/b]