OtakuBoards

what are you listening to?

PAche

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[color=green]Currently I'm listening to OAR's [i]Hangover[/i], trying to decide whether or not I want to upload it to iTunes or just delete it (along with a great deal more "acquired" music). I use a plugin called [URL=http://www.audioscrobbler.com/user/twistedsunshine]AudioScrobbler[/URL] to record what I'm listening to - and it's pretty nifty, recording all kinds of data.[/color]

"All 'N My Grill" by Missy Elliott, Nicole, and Big Boi [from the album, Da Real World]

This song is crazy. The strings were so dramatic for a Missy Elliott song, and Nicole's adlibs added something special (although she does get whiney near the middle). Big Boi's rap could have been left out, since it disrupts the smoothetivity (my new word) of the vocals, but it's entertaining in some aspects. The album was dissappointing to me, although some heralded it as the best thing she's ever made. Da Real World, in my opinion, was her worst album.

[size=1]Right at the moment, I'm listening to [b]People Are Strange[/b] by The Doors.

I usually ogo through phases with the music I listen to. Right now I'm in an oldies phase. [i]The Doors. Pink Floyd. The Eagles. The Beatles.[/i] Etc.
Probably in a week or so I"ll have moved back into my Marilyn Manson collection.[/size]

Hells Bells~Ac/Dc
Back in Black~Ac/Dc
Rock and Roll ain't noise pollution~Ac/Dc
Super Overdrive~Billy Idol
Worlds comin' down~Billy Idol
Rat Race~Billy Idol
Plastic JesusBilly Idol
Scream~Billy Idol
Romeo's waiting~Billy Idol
Body Snatcher~Billy Idol
Evil Eye~Billy Idol
American Idiot~Green Day
Jesus of suburbia`Green Day
Holiday~Green Day
Boulevard of Broken Dreams~Green Day
Are we the waiting~Green Day
Wake me up when September ends~Green Day
Welcome to paradise~Green Day
Basket Case~Green Day
Haunted~Evanescence
My last breath~Evanescence
Whisper~Evanescence
Mr. Brightside~The Killers
Smile like you mean it~The Killers
Somebody told me~The Killers
Crawling~Linkin Park
Forgotten~Linkin Park
A place in my head~Linkin Park
We still kill the old way~Lostprophets
To hell we ride~Lostprophets
Burn, Burn~Lostprophets
Shut up~Simple plan
Welcome to me life~Simple Plan
Perfect world~Simple Plan
Me against the world~Simple Plan
Crazy~Simple plan
Untitled~Simple Plan
Long Black Train~Josh Tuner
Some Beach~Blake Shelton
Good bye Time~Blake Shelton
How do you like me now~Toby Keith
Country Comes to town~Toby Keith
I'm just talking about tonight~Toby keith
I wanna talk about me~Toby Keith
My list~Toby Keith
Courtesy of the red, white, and Blue~Toby Keith
Who's your daddy~Toby Keith
Beer for my horses~Toby Keith and Willie Nelson
Stays in Mexico~Toby Keith
You ain't much fun~Toby Keith
Should've been a cowboy~Toby Keith
Mud on the tires~Brad Paisley
Celebrity~Brad Paisley
Little Moments~Brad Paisley
Whiskey Lullaby~Brad Paisley and Alison Krauss
Don't Phunk With My Heart~Black Eyed Peas
Helena~My Chemical Romance

I think thats all of them.:animeswea

[CENTER][SIZE=1][I]Yoda[/I]- Wierd Al. Lol!!!

I just pulled out my folks' old record player and I've been listening to John Denver, Micheal Jackson, Def Lepard and Wierd Al since lunch. The little kids I was babysitting really got a kick outta that (They just left.)

Wait... *30 second pause to turn off the player and open Media Player* Now I'm listening to [I]Harder to Breathe[/I]- Maroon 5 -- My current favorite song.[/SIZE][/CENTER]

Guest ROSEMARY_xD
[SIZE=1][FONT=Arial]Shinhwa -- How Do I Say

Shinhwa -- I Pray For You

:D [/FONT] [/SIZE]

[I]Alle Menschen werden Bruder(Ode to Joy) [/I] from Andre Rieu:Live in Dublin album.
Wait it went off....I'm now listening to [I]Radetsky March[/I] by Johann Strauss II
Wait...that went off too....Now I'm listening to [I]Brindsi[/I] from [I]La Traviata[/I]
by Giuseppe Verdi.

Right now, I've got my hardcore playlist on so yeah. Here are the artists. I've got entire albums on here so it'll be going for a while!:

As I Lay Dying
Converge
UnderOATH
Avenged Sevenfold
From First to Last
Senses Fail
Norma Jean
The Used

And there's some more I don't feel like listing...I'm way too lazy today.

[color=#332E1D][font=franklin gothic medium]Lately I've been listening to M.I.A. quite a lot. I think one of their songs has finally hit slightly big in the United States (Galang, I think). That song has also been doing the rounds over here. It has a pretty cool music video.

Recently I've been listening to their Arular album. Generally it's not the kind of music I'd be interested in - sometimes it sounds downright obnoxious, lol. But it has a unique appeal about it, it's very fresh in the field of electronic music, especially considering that much electronic music has been pretty stagnant over the last couple of years. Even the bigger dance artists like Paul van Dyk have fallen into a really boring slump, where they haven't been able to produce the kind of big hits that they were putting out during the late 90's.

Arular is pretty cool, although as I said, it can sound quite obnoxious, no doubt due to the often high-pitched singing and very raw accent (Indian/Sri Lankan people in Britain must have a certain name for their accents...but it's not quite cockney, although kind of similar). Still, the lyrics are unique and the actual musical sound is quite experimental in many respects. Very fresh in general and a good diversion from other stuff.

My favourite songs on the album are probably these:

Hombre
10 Dollar
Sunshowers
Galang
Arular
Bucky Done Gone (this one's probably my favourite, I think)

[/color][/font]

[size=1]I [i]love[/i] your taste in music [b]Bullet Theory[/b].

From First to Last
Senses Fail
As I Lay Dying
Saosin
Hawthorne Heights
The Blood Brothers
Underoath
Hellogoodbye
Fall Out Boy
Head Automatica
The Academy Is...
[/size]

My taste in music, if anything, is very, very random. I hear a song and like it, I hunt it down, capture it, and stuff it into my collection. The three songs I'm listening to the most are, in order:

[I]In the Shadows[/I] by The Rasmus
[I]Inner Universe[/I] by someone-who-I-cannot-remember-at-the-moment-but-it's-the-ending-theme-song-of-Ghost In The Shell
[I]Hero[/I] by Nickelback, desperately trying to get inspiration for the remainder of a story contest entry.

The rest is stuff like video game music, random rock, and whatever is pleasing to the ears at any given time.

I feel kind of strange that i'm one of the few people listening to rap well i'm listening to Paul Wall: Sittin Sidewayz
then
R. Kelly: 1-5 Trapped in the closet that song has so many twists to it the ending was really weird
and abunch of other songs that i like

[B]Neo Geisha by Zecromancer.[/B]

This would be Tony's fault, it's on his Flam Player, and whenever I visit WiP I always put that on. It's a really amazing song in my opinion, and I'm going to have a hunt for more Zecromancer material in which I can listen to.

I have a random assortment coming from my speakers for the most part though, including the likes of KoRn, Marilyn Manson, Velevet Revolver, Massive Attack, Nine Inch Nails, Jack Off Jill, Scarling, and Metallica.

There are also a few other bands that I listen to, but not to often.

And now I'm listening to:
[b]Crispin Glover by Scarling.[/b]