OtakuBoards

A fight :(

Roflocopter

[size=1][color=darkred]I am normally not the kind of person who would get himself into these kind of things, but I had just visited my grandmother at the hospital, so I was fealing a little touchy. I was walking back home from the hospital, which is downtown (notouriously a bad part of the city) but, I had never ran into any problems. I am almost laways socially excepted, and have never had a physical encounter with a stranger before. I was walking across an ambandoned parking lot, whihch is near an unsucssesful mall, thus the mall was closed down. This is the ideal spot for an attacker to attack, seeign how their are trees sorroundign the area, so that noone can see, and noone hardly ever comes over here. Some "thug" looking guy called out to me "Hey gay dude!" I ignored hm. "Yo ******!" He called out again. He called out to me over and over. Calling em a loser, dipshit, whatever he could. Though I didn't even know him. He walked over and grabbed my shirt and said "Yo ****** why arent you listening to me?" i tolf him to F off and to stopp being such a jackass. He punched me. I right hooked him, which slammed him on the ground He was about to get up and started pulling something from his pocket. I was scared now. So instead of about to get stabbed. I kicked his gut. Which knocked his wind out.I then called the authorities.They arrived and pulled up some records of this guy, supposidly he had been involved in many fights, and verbal assault cases before. So I thought, what would the obers think of this? Do you think I made the right choice?[/size][/color]

[size=1][color=darkred]In my opinion, I think I handled this situation quite well. The fight didn't end with him getting kicked in the gut though. I had to pin him down. Since I am pretty large (tall not obese) and he was short and stubby, I think my overall size gave me the advantage in pinning him down.[/size][/color]

Lol. If that was me, I wouldn't bother calling any authorities but'd right hook hima AND then kick the crap out of him, but that's just me the bad guy. Yeah, if I would be in a really bad modd, I'd slash him with the knife he possibly had, something like this. *Hates such guys, what a waste*

I would have as well. It's just the bad side in me however. You did the right thing roflocopter. Man I would have been freaked out if that had happened to me though. Probably to freaked to do anything.
Nice display of courage and nice job.

[size=1][color=darkred]Thanks boxhoy, I was freaking out when it happened, but sorta acted on impulse. I guess it was addreniline. I just wonder why people would call another person gay, when they dont even remotley know them.[/size][/color]

[SIZE=1]You probably shouldnt've responded to him, and kept walking. Calling him names doesn't help the problem when dealing with someone hostile. You probably should've asked him "Is there a problem?" and go from there. But in the end, you took appropriate action. He got what he deserved.[/SIZE]

[quote]You probably shouldnt've responded to him, and kept walking. Calling him names doesn't help the problem when dealing with someone hostile. You probably should've asked him "Is there a problem?" and go from there. But in the end, you took appropriate action. He got what he deserved.[/quote]

[size=1][color=darkred]I never called him anything, except for a jackass, which he was being. There is something totally different in our actions. I was stating the truth (calling someone a ****** is worthy of them responding by callign you an *********) He was rudely yelling out, and verbally abusing me.

But anyway, I see what your saying, which you have a good point. I normally would have done just what retribution just stated, simply ignoring him and walking along, but as I said before, my grandmother wasn't doing well so I was quite pissed.[/size][/color]

[SIZE=1]I agree with Retri as usual lol. Calling him a jackass, even if it was called for, probably wasn't the best plan of action. However, kicking his *** was the right plan of action, since I probably would've done the same. People like that have nothing better to do then heckle other people and be annoying, and it seems as though hes been doing it for quite awhile. Maybe next time he'll refrain from calling names to someone he's never met, or suffer the same fate from someone even larger.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=1][COLOR="#990033"][b]You did the right thing, but I also agree with retri (sorry) but I realize you were upset about your grandmother. It can happen to anyone and make them upset. Calling the authorities was a smart thing to do, because you never know if he would have done that to someone else and seriously hurt them. Also, it's scary having a knife flash at you, it's hard to be tough when that stuff happens. Be lucky that the guy wasn't that strong and you weren't seriously hurt. This guy was just waiting to pick a fight, and being an *** on purpose to get you to fight back, he obviously was looking for some action. It's his fault for getting busted and you sound like you did a brave thing. Good job.[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

[size=1][color=slategray]I think you did the right thing, completely. There are a lot of cases like that in every place. Small or large. There are just some stupid people out there, and I am glad that more people are learning how to defend themselves.
I was actually in somewhat of a similar situation about a year or so ago. I had been visiting my Grandma and Grandpa for the weekend. I had gone down to the park with someone I knew for awhile and the she had to leave, so I was just sitting on a bench by myself when two boys came along. They were probably about 16 or so, I'm assuming. But they kept yelling crude things over at me, until one finally came over and tried to grab me. I simply kicked him below the belt and walked back to my Grandma's house. I'm sure he wasn't expecting that, but he sure as hell deserved it.
I'm sure most people in their life will be unfortunate enough to have something like this happen to them, and those of you who don't, consider yourself very lucky. It's not an enjoyable experience.[/color][/size]

[size=1]It's funny to watch all of these 'badasses' come out of the woodwork. "Oh yeah, I woulda beaten the crap outta him, and then stabbed him, w00t!" Yeah right.

Anyway, you did all you could to avoid the confrontation. You ignored what he said, and when he came up to you, and physically grabbed you, you responded in what was probably an appropriate and sensible manner.

Oh, and Kamuro, you wouldn't have called him a jackass, but you [b]would of fought him[/b]. Is it just me, or does that make no sense?[/size]

[CENTER][SIZE=1]ROCK ON! (lol)

You need to stand up for yourself, and that was the perfect way to do it. If someone attacked me, I certainly would avoid confrontation as much as possible, but I do know how to beat the crap outta someone [I]properly[/I]. Yeah, I took Tang Soo Do for four years ^^

But really, what other choice did you have? Someone comes at you with a weapon, you can't just stand there! You certainly made the right choice.[/SIZE][/CENTER]

[QUOTE=sakurasuka][CENTER][SIZE=1]ROCK ON! (lol)

You need to stand up for yourself, and that was the perfect way to do it. If someone attacked me, I certainly would avoid confrontation as much as possible, but I do know how to beat the crap outta someone [I]properly[/I]. Yeah, I took Tang Soo Do for four years ^^

But really, what other choice did you have? Someone comes at you with a weapon, you can't just stand there! You certainly made the right choice.[/SIZE][/CENTER][/QUOTE]

Although I highly doubt it wasn't, How do you know it was a weapon? I have to admit that I probably wouldn't wait to see if it was myself, but you still didn't know If it was. I like to be contrary :catgirl:

You should feel good about yourself for two reasons. Technically you did win the fight, I know its very superficial to look at it that way but its true. You proved you could take a punch witch is good if you ever need to defend yourself again. Authorities aren't always there and sometimes you only have yourself to depend on.

On the other hand you should be proud of yourself, because despite your mood you didn't continue to lay into the dude. He even flashed a knife, which is where I personally would continue to lay into him just to make sure he would shank me while I wasn't expecting it. Calling the cops was the best thing you could've done as it protected him from you and yourself from him.

Basically you handled it like a mature adult. You should be proud of yourself.

[COLOR=Green]You did the right thing, because you did it in self defense, unlike others, like the guy you fought with, he just wanted to start something. Although, like others have said, the name calling prolly made it worse, walking off would have showed that you are the stronger person. Although I live in a very well-rounded city, so I don't know what it's like to be jumped, but I would have prolly ran off (seing as I know no self-defense) you did handle it very well, like a mature adult. Congrats! :)[/COLOR]