OtakuBoards

The WWE Thread

JimiWiggy11

[size=4][color=slategray][font=chiller]Wow I'm surprised,

I guess nobody really did watch WWE Homecoming on USA.

However Jimbobalo I do agree with you on Chris Masters. This guy is somewhat abnormal that it's sickening. Watching that guy flex all of his muscles kinda makes you wonder, "That guy is not normal" or "I wonder where he got his steroid perscription at?". I have to admit though (as much as I don't want to) that he's got an impressive signature move - the Master Lock. Crap! If I were a wrestler (Although I doubt that will ever happen - especially since I'm quite scrawny next to the Big Show) I would shut his big mouth for him, and maybe poke him with a pin just to see whether or not he will deflate. Oh yeah in case you didn't watch that Iron Man Match the winner was Edge - because his (slut of a) girlfriend helped him out. Therefore resulted in the fact that Matt was fired.

Very disappointing.[/font][/color][/size]

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so mad. I was hoping Kane was going to come back with his mask again.
I agree the storylines have been complete **** recently. They haven't been taking full advantage of what they could. But now they're back on the USA network so we should see some of the old excitment we saw back in the day.
All I care about though is Kane, cuzz he's my favorite wrestler. Although I doubt it would happen, judging by Kane's focus on Cena when he returned last Monday, it would be nice to him wanting revenge on Lita. Maybe a tag up with Matt Hardy or something even though Kane's the one that sort of started this mess for Matt.

[QUOTE=Box Hoy]I'm so mad. I was hoping Kane was going to come back with his mask again.
I agree the storylines have been complete **** recently. They haven't been taking full advantage of what they could. But now they're back on the USA network so we should see some of the old excitment we saw back in the day.
All I care about though is Kane, cuzz he's my favorite wrestler. Although I doubt it would happen, judging by Kane's focus on Cena when he returned last Monday, it would be nice to him wanting revenge on Lita. Maybe a tag up with Matt Hardy or something even though Kane's the one that sort of started this mess for Matt.[/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=SLATEGRAY]You know what.

I was hoping for the same thing. I was practically crossing my fingers in hope that Kane would punish Lita's slutty, lustful, and downright messed up act. Crap! Lita was one of my all-time favorite female wrestlers, until she meant her downfall. I'd hate to say this but Lita is now a love toy, and Trish is actually starting to grow on me (it has nothing to do with her attire, I assure you). However like I said before.

Lita.............Such a sad case.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[QUOTE=Shadow Blade][SIZE=1][COLOR=SLATEGRAY]You know what.

I was hoping for the same thing. I was practically crossing my fingers in hope that Kane would punish Lita's slutty, lustful, and downright messed up act. Crap! Lita was one of my all-time favorite female wrestlers, until she meant her downfall. I'd hate to say this but Lita is now a love toy, and Trish is actually starting to grow on me (it has nothing to do with her attire, I assure you). However like I said before.

Lita.............Such a sad case.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=Lime]I hate all of the Raw story lines. I used to like the Kane, Lita and Edge story arch until Matt Hardy stuck his big head in the picture and got sent off to SmackDown.

Raw's primary storyline right now is centered around the Macmahon family, who only seems to appear when the ratings are dropping, and them threating to fire people but actually just giving them paid vacation. They have alittle HHH and Ric Flair thing going that no one wants to see. I wanted HHH to come back and go after Cena and beat the **** out of him. Of course that Cena, Angle, and Bischoff junk. And their last plot and probably the only one worth seeing is the brewing war with Smackdown between Edge and JBL and Rey Mysterio and Masters.

I never thought I'd say this, but I'm going to start watching Smackdown instead of Raw. All the talent is there (Ken Kennedy, and the most impressive wrestle since Kurt Angle and Brock Lesner, Lashley). All the interesting storylines are there (Beniot and Booker T, Orton and the Undertaker, Eddie and Batista), and they have the hottest rising Divas (Stacy and Christy)
[/COLOR]

I gotta disagree, I love the Flair vs Triple H rivalry. I've been waiting for this for a while. If any of you rmemeber, they had a great match 2 or so years ago after his Hell in a Cell match with Kevin Nash. And I personally still love seeing Flair wreslte, he's got such a great style.

And now, I have no reason to watch Smackdown because Captain Carisma, Christian is gone. Next to Beniot, he was my favorite wrestler, and the best funny-man / heel of the WWE since Jericho.

[COLOR=RoyalBlue][FONT=Times New Roman]The greatest wrestler in Smackdown today, Jay Reso, has quit. As Outlaw already pointed out; our buddy Christian has quit the WWE. Is there a reason to live anymore?

Maybe he'll move over to TNA. TNA shoots most of their shows in Florida, the current home state of Christian. He could wrestle a few matches a week, but mostly spend time with his family.

[U]RIP Christian[/U] - 1999-2005[/FONT][/COLOR]

[QUOTE=JimiWiggy11][COLOR=RoyalBlue][FONT=Times New Roman]The greatest wrestler in Smackdown today, Jay Reso, has quit. As Outlaw already pointed out; our buddy Christian has quit the WWE. Is there a reason to live anymore?

Maybe he'll move over to TNA. TNA shoots most of their shows in Florida, the current home state of Christian. He could wrestle a few matches a week, but mostly spend time with his family.

[U]RIP Christian[/U] - 1999-2005[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[size=1][color=slategray]Christian quit?

I didn't watch Smackdown, so the news came as a shock. I'm surprised, didn't see that one coming.[/color][/size]

Well his last appearance was at Raw when the Smackdown members invaded Raw, I think. If he were to jump to another camp maybe say, TNA, he'll have to wrestle in a different name, since the Name Christian is owned by WWE. I hope he jumps to TNA, I'd like to se him wrestle their, only because TNA's wrestling matches are a lot better then the matches from WWE :animesmil

[quote name='Onikage'] If he were to jump to another camp maybe say, TNA, he'll have to wrestle in a different name, since the Name Christian is owned by WWE. [/quote]

Wow, I really hope he comes in named Jewish or something. That would be hilarious! However, I think it's going to be a while before we see Christian in the ring again. From his interview with WWE.com, I bet he's going to take a break from wrestling all together, just as Jericho is doing now, and Hardy did years ago. But just like Jeff, I'm sure that a guy like Christian, who has worked so hard and put his body on the line so many times, isn't gonna be able to stay away for too long.

• 2 weeks later...
[SIZE=1][COLOR=Navy]Seems that Eddie Guerrero died this morning; the cause of death is either still unknown or is not being told by his family or the WWE. He was found dead in his hotel room in Minneapolis this morning, and all that I can say is .. damn. This was something I never expected to happen .. pay your respects for the man known as Latino Heat here.

Eddie, you were a great competitor. I don't know how you died, or why you died, but I do know that Latino Heat will live on in the heart's or millions of people; all around the world.

" I lie, I cheat, I steal."

Here are some more details coming out in regards to Eddie Guerrero's premature passing.

Eddie had breakfast this morning with his brother Chavo Guerrero and at least one more wrestler. Afterwards, Eddie returned to his hotel room. When Eddie hadn't come out of his hotel room in the expected amount of time, friends went looking for him and they found him dead in his hotel room. The police were quickly called at around 7:30 a.m. local time. Attempts were made to revive him, but they couldn't summon Eddie back to life.

Eddie Guerrero's sudden death has blindsided everyone in World Wrestling Entertainment. Numerous wrestlers are shocked and numb from this dramatic turn of events.

Tonight is a WWE Supershow where they do combined tapings for Raw and Smackdown because WWE is set to go overseas immediately afterwards for a long two week trip. WWE has decided to make both the Raw and Smackdown shows, tribute shows to Eddie. The usual format for the shows has been changed to incorporate tributes to Eddie. These shows will probably be similar to the Owen Hart Raw tribute shows in May 1999.

Also, WWE.com immediately edited some things on the website due to his death. There was a big banner on the WWE.com television shows page earlier this morning featuring a collage of Smackdown wrestlers teaming up at Survivor Series in the interpromotional match. It has since edited off for a simple banner of the Raw logo. Also, the little arrows thing on the front page of WWE.com where you flip through previews of all the the top stories suddenly doesn't work. Eddie Guerrero's profile is still up on WWE.com, although, it's been modified a bit. Now it features a big R.I.P. banner.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Not only is this a sad turn of events but it also ruins Smackdowns main plot involving Bastista and Eddie. I watched his final match against Ken Kennedy and enjoyed it greatly, but not half as much as I would have if I knew it would be his last. Eddie has had a history of drug abuse, but he seemed to have been doing fine. This is a sad sad day for wrestling.

And I shall never know where the WWE was going with his character. Was he sincere about being Batista's comrade, was he plotting to stab him in the back. The many question I have.

Just incredibly saddening news. Not only was Eddie Guerrero one of my all-time favorite wrestlers, but he was a real inspiration to many people after he conquered the personal demons that have ruined the lives of so many others. RIP Eddie - I'll always smile when I think of you.

[size=1][color=slategray]Eddie Guerrero.

Such an unexpected turn. I was shock when then the news of his death hit the TV media last night. I was sitting in front of the television screen in the glow of the flashing pictures ready to chage the channel until the achorman annouced that a WWE Wrestler had died recently. When Eddie Guerrero's face appeared on the screen with numerals stating 1967-2000, then I was convinced that the pro wrestler legend was dead. However I will pay my respects this Thursday. According to the media Guerrero will be buried in Scottsdale, Arizona this Thursday. He was truly an inspiration. And one of the best wrestlers in the World Wresting Entertainment Industry.

So,Eddie Rest in Peace.

[/color][/size]

My boy told me last night that Eddy died i was like man whatever. i thought he was just joking with me then i went to the wrestling site and checked it out for myself and it blew my mind. Crazy i know he is dead but i'm just waiting for him to come out and give everybody a "Vjva la raza"

R.I.P Latino Heat

Guest Kyoshiro Mebu
I know i'm miss seeing Eddy, there is never going to be another like him. He lies he cheats and he steals. I'm miss it all. Its just sad to see something like that happend. i know i'm miss seeing him on the show. He was one of my fav wrestlers. He was one of the main reasons i still watched smackdown.

Goodbye to a great wrestler and entertainer, He was one of the few superstars that kept me interested in wrestling and brought me back into it. My sincerities go out to his wife, children and family.
I just bet that he is lieing, cheating and stealing up their in heaven right now and theres nothing they can do about it because that was what everyone loved about Eddie.

RIP- Eduardo Gory Guerrero 1967-2005

Raw last night was amazing... I was close to tears just about the entire time, and both the tribute video and Chris Benoit breaking down got me. Rey Mysterio taking off his mask almost did it for me, too... that was just wowing.

WWE really put on a great show in tribute of Eddie. The MNM/Big Show and Kane match was real fun, Angle/Benjamin was solid, Rey/HBK was incredible, the Diva battle royal was tons of fun (Maria was hilarious), Eugene/Simon Dean was another fun comedy match, Flair Regal was cool, and Orton/Cena was neat for what it was supposed to be. Just a great show from top to bottom. The memory segments were great, as well. The Los Guerreros vignettes were hilarious, and the Eddie/Chyna angle was just hysterical. I'm going to miss Eddie so much. :(

[QUOTE=Shinmaru]Raw last night was amazing... I was close to tears just about the entire time, and both the tribute video and Chris Benoit breaking down got me. Rey Mysterio taking off his mask almost did it for me, too... that was just wowing.
[/QUOTE]

[size=1][color=slategray]I watched the preview. I guess that what made me uh, sorta get choked up was the part where WWE presented the short show that served as a tribute to the legendary wrestler. I also thought that with the crowd chanting,"Thank You, Eddie" was also an eye blinker. And yes Shinmaru I agree with you on the part where Chris B. broke down.

[/color][/size]

• 2 weeks later...
Haha! Kane and Biggie are scared of the Undertaker!

Anyways, man, was the Smackdown special awesome or what. Despite having waaaaaaay too many commercials, those were two very good matches. I love the fact that Smackdown now has a new solid rivalry in Beniot and Booker. While I'm not a big fan of Ms. T, I do think Booker and Beniot put on some great matches.

And I got a really weird feeling when Randy and Taker were fighting around Eddie's car. After the relatively light hearted Eddie Guerrero video, I got the sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach that Guerreros death was faked, and the Taker would bring him back to life. I know this is terrible un PC, and a terrible thought to have, but the WWE has a reputation for terribly tasteless crap, and I only know Eddie as a TV character, so seeing his dedication video was very similar to seeing him on life tv. I'm ashamed to have felt this way, and I mean no disrespect to the man or his family, but thats just what I though.

[b][font=Verdana][color=blue]Edit:[/color][/font][/b]
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Sninsky, the man who's supposed to be all big and bad and scary, WEARS A FANNY PACK!

[img]http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/1652990/22.jpg[/img]

This is by far the greatest thing I have ever seen in the history of wrestling. EVER!

[font=Verdana][color=blue]Double posting is not allowed, though I'm sure you already know this. Either way, please just use the edit button in the future.[/color][/font]
[font=Verdana][color=blue]- Petie[/color][/font]

• 2 years later...
[FONT="Garamond"][SIZE="1"][COLOR="Navy"]Well how about that, this thread still exists somewhat. Well, I can't believe I started this thread three years ago and haven't posted in it yet, so here goes nothing. A lot of things happened last night on Raw, so here's a recap and my opinion on each draft move.

[U]Superstars going to Raw[/U]

[B]Rey Mysterio[/B] - I don't really have much to say about Mysterio's move over to Monday nights. He's been injured on and off for the past year so fans haven't seen much of him lately, so I suppose moving him to the most watched show will regain the fan's love for him. Here's to hoping he won't get injured again.

[B]CM Punk[/B] - This move is much appreciated. I have nothing against ECW or its competitors, but it's obviously the C-Show in WWE. CM Punk has proved to be a top performer in many different companies, and so far in the WWE it's no different. I believe that he still has the Money in the Bank contract as well, so hopefully that aspect will come in to play down the road.

[B]Batista[/B] - I don't really like this move. Batista established himself as one of the top competitors on SmackDown! for a long time, and now he's been ripped away from his home and placed onto a show that is already flooding over with an abundance of top performers.

[B]Kane[/B] - This move pretty much guarantees that Kane will be dropping the belt to Big Show at Night of Champions, but WWE has proved me wrong in the past. This is another move I'm not too keen about.

[U]Superstars going to SmackDown![/U]

[B]Jeff Hardy[/B] - I like this move for a number of reasons: It's best for the company, best for Hardy, and best for the fans. Jeff Hardy has definitely stepped up his game as of late, only to be held back by numerous drug policy suspensions. I'm hoping he's finally learned his lesson and is able to thrive as a competitor for the WWE Championship on SmackDown!. Wait, don't I mean World Heavyweight Championship? No ...

[B]Triple H[/B] - Biggest surprise move of the draft in my opinion. Either Trips isn't staying very long on SmackDown! or he'll stay on top there as well. This move pretty much leads me to believe that Triple H will retain the WWE Championship at Night of Champions against John Cena and that Batista will win the World Heavyweight Championship from Edge and bring the belt over to Raw. Well, that would make the most sense anyways.

[B]Umaga[/B] - Pretty self-explanatory. Umaga became stale on Raw, so move him over to SmackDown!. Let him win a championship and then eventually he'll wither away into a new gimmick.

[B]Mr. Kennedy[/B] - He just moved over to Raw from SmackDown! last year, and now I guess he's just going back. He never really made the impact I think he was supposed to make on Raw due to drug policy suspensions.

[U][B]Superstar[/B] moving to ECW[/U]

[B]Matt Hardy[/B] - This move really makes no sense to me. Matt was starting to finally break out after he won the United States Championship from MVP after their awesome fued, and then he gets switched to ECW, the C-show. I really don't know sometimes ...

[U]Announcing Moves[/U]

[B]Jim Ross goes to SmackDown!
Michael Cole to Raw[/B]

These moves make absolutely no sense to me. I know Jim Ross must have been [I]livid[/I] after he found out that he was moving to SmackDown!. He's been the voice of Raw since I was a small child and possibly even beyond and to move him so suddenly without any warning is like basically slapping him in the face with a fish and flipping him off in the process. Ross posted a blog stating that he was actually contemplating quitting the WWE last night after he got home from the show, but his wife talked him out of it. I hope this switch is taken care of sooner rather than later.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

• 3 months later...
Not real sure what your post had to do with anything, but I feel argumentative. What happened to Jeff Hardy? You are obviously a fan so maybe you could tell me. He was awesome back in the early 2000's with his crazy off the wall high flying moves.

Then he left and came back, now he's not very impressive at all. If he would've came out the way he is now I don't think he'd be as well liked. What do you think?

[quote name='Drizzt Do'urden']Not real sure what your post had to do with anything, but I feel argumentative. What happened to Jeff Hardy? You are obviously a fan so maybe you could tell me. He was awesome back in the early 2000's with his crazy off the wall high flying moves.

Then he left and came back, now he's not very impressive at all. If he would've came out the way he is now I don't think he'd be as well liked. What do you think?[/QUOTE]

I'd say a couple of things.

1) He doesn't want to be known as a Spot Monkey anymore. Someone who is a spot monkey (ie: only performs big moves in order to get a crowd response) is considered a lesser wrestler because they do not really have any mastery of how to flow in the ring.

2) Going balls to the wall all the time can take a lot out on a person physically and mentally. He would probably prefer to not have to pop painkillers or have serious physical limitations for the rest of his life.

3) Perhaps he thinks he cannot deliver with his old high flying style to the same level as earlier in his career.