OtakuBoards

Corrupted Sports

Gee-enki Dama

Now, I'm in this mood, sorry if I rant and whine, but everything is say is true, take my word.

I have just returned from my swimming clubs annual compatitions, so basicly we compete against each other in the club. The club its self is run by the parents, excluding the coaches we pay for. Inter-club politics unfortunately are very nasty. I this evening lost out because of a judge, who called me to a draw with another swimmer, because he has a grude for me beating his son. Parents in young peoples sport take to much control.

At a higher level, I have to say, I meet 14 year olds doing full time training (10-14 hours in the pool a week) plus weights coached by their parents.Weights at this age along with over training, burn out the body, lower ability at school, and puts strain and damage on the body, causing serrious problems in older years. This people have muscle development which overtakes the bones, causing serrious pain, yet they do it to win. This is a serrious health risk, which leads to growth in teen years to become inbalenced.

Higher up again, at a international level, I know swimmers. These swimmers were some of the best I had ever met. Now, they take a back seat. Unfortunately, this is due to the fact that they refuse to take the legal drugs which inhance performance. These drugs lead to liver problems, and try living with that in later life, as you burn out in your 20's, left with funky muscle devlopment, liver problems, and countless injuries. Even tho people take the legal drugs, at that level, it is commonly know that the swimmers simply quit taking the drugs a certain amount of time before a compatition.

You may think I'm just ranting about swimming, but with other contacts, in Football(soccer), Tennis, Rugby, Squash, Athletics and other sports it goes on there, all the same.

Sorry to rant and rave, but it sucks, and I guess i had to say it

Gee-enki

:nervous: :worried:

i know how it feels to be judged against for no real reason at all. it's the reason i stopped playing soccer in middle school and basketball in high school.

unfortunately, that's the way things are in this world all too often. :mad:

myself, i respect the athletes who perform on their abilities alone more than i ever do those who take even 'legal' performance enhancers.

i severely dislike those parents who push their kids too hard in anything, it seems to always end up being bad for their kids.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Transtic Nerve [/i]
[B]Anything involving the potential for money or more money is bound to be corrupt. [/B][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]Even your money... :p?

Anyway, I am not being horrible to like, americans... but beauty contests for 5-year olds are crazy! All the mums want their kid to win and they end up pushing the kid waay too far, even if he/she doesn't want to do it... I find that greatly sadenning...[/SIZE]

I agree with you, I think parents take it too far! They make sports less fun! I think a coach should not be allowed to have a kid on the team, so there is no favors. I mean parents fight, and sometimes die over fights about calls and stuff. I mean I know they love us, but thats just going to far. Its like your sport is all they care about, I mean sometimes my dad will just tackle me outta no where just to make sure I am ready for the next football game..:rolleyes: I think it has gone WAY to far!

[COLOR=firebrick][SIZE=1]LOL, oh goodie. . complaining about sports. .

Well, I played soccer, and LOVED it, till I went to High School, and it was all about winning, and not having fun. . *sigh* Well, back when I played soccer for rec(recreation leagues), one day, I run (ON ACCIDENT) into the head ref, as I was running to get a loose ball. I was totally appologetic, and the guy looked at me like I was an absolute idiot(maybe partly true. . ). Well, he shrugged it off, and went on. When the game started, he called me for pushing, and gave me a yellow card(warning card for those that don't know). I laughed, and said the guy was pushing me back, but the ref wouldn't even listen. So we went on. . and I got a breakaway, and blew past a few of the opposition, shot the ball, scored. . the ref? - he gave me a yellow card for offsides. . *sigh*

There was NO WAY that I was offsides (won't go into what offsides is, but . . I wasn't, and everyone knew it). So the ref let them play the ball from their goal, I went up, and was tackled, and got a penalty shot. I went to shoot it, but passed it over to a teammate instead, who shot and scored with little effort. I was jogging back, turned to the ref, and smiled, asking him if THAT was offsides too (lame, but I felt better). He gave me a red card, and told me to leave the game. . . . HAHAHAHAHAHAHA :D Most fun I ever had. The whole team was on my side, and they ended up smacking the other team for me. ^_^ Thanks guys!~[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Swimming in my opinion is a sport that most parents don't like because they are afraid that they're son or daughter might drown. But how are their kids going to learn how to escape situations in the water where they could drown, without learning??? Answer that for me.

And Gee-enki, I agree with you. You should complain about him, because he is just being unfair to you!

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Squashed Snail [/i]
[B]Swimming in my opinion is a sport that most parents don't like because they are afraid that they're son or daughter might drown. But how are their kids going to learn how to escape situations in the water where they could drown, without learning??? Answer that for me.[/B][/QUOTE]

I think you could be right there, but I know younger kids who can swim, and swim well. Swimming isnt all about going up and down the pool. Having 6 different distances to practice for, over 5 strokes, with 4 differernt pieces of equipment, there is a lot to do, but I dont think I will ever have much trouble in the sea or in a lake\river like people I know.

Can I ask, why is football a communist sport?

NorykoAngelcry - thats just unlucky, some people are no fun! :)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by kileone_s_n [/i]
[B]i lvoe sports, skateboarding is my fav, i think swimming is kool, but i hate legal enhancers, even coke or any caffeine drink that gives you false energy and you learn to realy on that energy, peace out [/B][/QUOTE]

Hypertonic drinks like coca-cola dont physicly inhance you.
Whilst doing sport, you are ment to drink Isotonic drinks like lucozade. This is because you are losing fluids and energy, and Isotonics drinks are the best to keep you hydrated and to help keep you going.

What drinks like lucozade, or Coca-Cola do is simply replace lost energy, and in professional compatitions, this doesnt help much, because you normally only do 1 event per day. They never enhance your body, they simply help you gain the energy you need to push your body to the max that it can do, it wont push it to its max and then help make you go past that. It can be used to keep you going longer in training, but unlike steriods, from drinking these drinks, they wont build up your body themselves.

*sigh* i was a gymnast for 7 years. i wanted to go to the olympics. once i started competing on a higher level, though, it wasn't fun anymore. the coaches were obsessed, the team got all over your a*s whenever you screwed up, girls were anorexic & bulemic, & went in to competition w/ fractures & ended up having to put metal rods in their bones just so they could keep competing... it was a real "varsity blues" type situation.

i finally decided to quit. i started b/c of the love of the sport, not to win medals. now i just train alone, don't compete, & i love it again. it's better this way.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lady Macaiodh [/i]
[B]*sigh* i was a gymnast for 7 years. i wanted to go to the olympics. once i started competing on a higher level, though, it wasn't fun anymore. the coaches were obsessed, the team got all over your a*s whenever you screwed up, girls were anorexic & bulemic, & went in to competition w/ fractures & ended up having to put metal rods in their bones just so they could keep competing... it was a real "varsity blues" type situation.

i finally decided to quit. i started b/c of the love of the sport, not to win medals. now i just train alone, don't compete, & i love it again. it's better this way. [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=firebrick][SIZE=1]I have to agree about the love of the sport. I could not stand when my playing soccer was made to be all about winning, and NOT about having fun. Was I mistaken? When did winning a soccer game have any universal effects? Does me scoring(a goal. . pervert) mean that I will be a better person for it? Hmmm.. . . how do all my posts seem to be reverting to a general state of wierdness? . . . Hmmm. . .guess my point is. . Sports rule because of the FUN you have, and not whether you win or lose. . yeah, I like that [/SIZE][/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by NeoCactuar [/i]
[B]Sports, PSSH!!!

Why do physical activity when all in need is right here... *Hugs computer* :love: [/B][/QUOTE][SIZE=1]Lol, my thoughts exactly. It used to be the TV was all I needed, but ever since this invention called the internet came to my home, there's no place I'd rather be :) Sports require to much social activity for me[/SIZE]