OtakuBoards

Thoughts of the Black Market.

Ice Dragon v2

The black market. A place or corporation that sells illegal goods or bootleg or whatever that has been smuggled in to the U.S. Police have stop these markets for some time. Even though we only hear that they sell drugs, guns, and organs (yea they sell them) But lately, I've done some heavy thinking about this. Kids our age are doing it and making a business on whatever they're selling. If you don't know on what I mean, they sell copies of games, burned music cds, and sell other operational programs. It may seem harmless because the public thinks it's just how kids play with technical stuff. Think about it. Right in our very eyes, some kids are getting into the busniess. But we do nothing to stop them. Do you think you should stop them or let them go as they wish??? What are your thoughts about this??

[SIZE=1]I don't really know too much of the Black Market. I only know the name and what goes on in it. I don't care about it, cause it doesn't affect me in any way so I have no reason to go against it. So ya, I'm impartial :p

Kids selling burned CD's and games and stuff is harmless dude. No one is getting hurt by it. I, myself, don't like burned CD's because it's just not the same as having the real thing. Only the overly desperate people who really want them will buy them burned.[/SIZE]

eh.. i admit that i have quite a few illegal .. items..
i dont sell anything though, i just get things that cost money for free..

.. theres no way that the cops can stop it.. its grown into a huge thing.. people are doing blackmarket things on the internet now a days, you can find all sorts of stuff..

^^;; i found the whole anarchist cookbook on a webpage.. its pretty neat.. not that this has anything to do with the topic..

I don't know anything! I swear, it wasn't me who bought that illegal shipment of women's stockings!

No, but, I also admit to having a few, erhm, [SIZE=1]illegal[/SIZE] items and I also admit to having sold a few of those "items" but, I don't think it really screws the companies who market them as much as they would have you believe...

-Justin

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by RicoTranzrig [/i]
[B]It could be actually good, in that the peope who aren't so fortunate get to experience quality products that are cheap for once...it may not be authentic, but if it's useful, than ...great :D [/B][/QUOTE]
That's one of the [size=1]few[/size] good points that's in the black market. Unless its like drugs and other crap, then you're screwed with whatever junk you bought.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Ice Dragon v2 [/i]
[B]The black market. A place or corporation that sells illegal goods or bootleg or whatever that has been smuggled in to the U.S. Police have stop these markets for some time. Even though we only hear that they sell drugs, guns, and organs (yea they sell them) But lately, I've done some heavy thinking about this. Kids our age are doing it and making a business on whatever they're selling. If you don't know on what I mean, they sell copies of games, burned music cds, and sell other operational programs. It may seem harmless because the public thinks it's just how kids play with technical stuff. Think about it. Right in our very eyes, some kids are getting into the busniess. But we do nothing to stop them. Do you think you should stop them or let them go as they wish??? What are your thoughts about this?? [/B][/QUOTE]

I agree with LM. If they knew what it was, they wouldn't care. I know my dad dosen't, he burns me copies of stuff all the time. My mom hates it, but half the time she dont know. I say, let them do what they want, and if they get caught, chances are they will stop.

trying to stop the black market is pointless. they try to stop drugs, what did it lead to? nothing. as for me, nearly everything on my computer is illegal, but for the most part, people don't know about how to get movies, games, software, and what not.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Majora's Mask [/i]
[B]Shh....I wouldne't tell anyone i have illeagl stuff on my computer. [/B][/QUOTE]

they aren't going to bust me. think of how much man power they would have to put in just so they could send one guy to jail

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Majora's Mask [/i]
[B]

Umm...One cop with a Colt pistol? [/B][/QUOTE]

no. if someone from the company finds out, they will then call the police on me. then they will have to get my ip from the forum. then they would have to get my address from my host. and then they will have to get a warrant. then they will come.

[SIZE=1]Grr.. no spam Majora :p That last post wasn't really neccesary without a follow up point.

Hehe, ya harry, by the time they got to you with the warrant you could have that illegal stuff gone and have gotten rid of the evidence :D

The only "black marketing" I do is stealing things and selling them for more than they actually are worth, hehe :devil: But I got out of that business a long while ago...[/SIZE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by PiroMunkie [/i]
[B][SIZE=1]
The only "black marketing" I do is stealing things and selling them for more than they actually are worth, hehe :devil: But I got out of that business a long while ago...[/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]

:therock:

I dunno about 'black market' stuff, but about the only thing I do that's illegal I guess is burning and copying cds. I don't sell them, but they're not mine and all that, and anyway, they're usually compilation cds. A friend will get a new cd with a song I want, and I'll burn that song, and then another friend might have another cd of another song, and I'll burn that one to the cd etc. etc. and so on. That's about the only thing I can think of...... *ponders*.... yah, I guess so....

[SIZE=1]Now, ya see, I don't really think that burning compilation CD's is or should be illegal, only burning FULL CD's of on band and then selling 'em and stuff like that. But no one can really stop people from doing that, I mean, the whole world is in on doing that and authorital figures lack the manpower to take 'em all down.[/SIZE]

[B][SIZE=1]Now, ya see, I don't really think that burning compilation CD's is or should be illegal, only burning FULL CD's of on band and then selling 'em and stuff like that. But no one can really stop people from doing that, I mean, the whole world is in on doing that and authorital figures lack the manpower to take 'em all down.[/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah, I didn't think it was all that awful. I guess I'm just a goody two-shoes then. No illegal stuff for me. Not now. Maybe later. Who knows. :whoops:

[B][SIZE=1]Now, ya see, I don't really think that burning compilation CD's is or should be illegal, only burning FULL CD's of on band and then selling 'em and stuff like that. But no one can really stop people from doing that, I mean, the whole world is in on doing that and authorital figures lack the manpower to take 'em all down.[/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]

my take on the whole burn cd's thing is this, I actually like buying them burned, the only problem is that they tend to get scratched faster than any other cd I own. They are a whole lot cheaper than the normal ones, I like getting a cd for 10 bucks instead of 20, that means I can buy 2 cd's. more fun for me. :tasty: :wigout:

[B][SIZE=1]Grr.. no spam Majora :p That last post wasn't really neccesary without a follow up point.

Hehe, ya harry, by the time they got to you with the warrant you could have that illegal stuff gone and have gotten rid of the evidence :D

The only "black marketing" I do is stealing things and selling them for more than they actually are worth, hehe :devil: But I got out of that business a long while ago...[/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=royalblue] What?! Me spam? never! I had to rewrite that whole thing! [/color]