OtakuBoards

The Used

bay

have any of you heard of the Used ? really great band. if you havent heard them you really need to. heres their (the Useds atleast) official site to go to if you want to here some of their work. theused.com hope you enjoy ! one of my favorites ok well a couple of my favorites are taste of ink, on my own, and definitely Im a Fake. bye!

I assure you, almost everyone has heard of them because they're trend-whores. I hate to be so blunt, but I also hate the Used... though this could simply stem from the fact that everyone in my little town here listens to pop music, and naturally, the Used being a very popular pop group, is overplayed constantly. I mean come on, at least N'Sync could [I]dance[/I].

[font=trebuchet MS]As far as mainstream rock bands go, I think they're ok. I've listened to most of their new cd and thought it was good, as in, better than I thought they were. I like their friends My Chemical Romance much better. And if you like The Used, you should delve a little deeper and look up Saosin.[/font]

[size=1]I only liked one of their songs, "Sound Effects and Overdramatics" and that was about it. Other than that one song, I had no interest in the other songs in the least. I don't listen to that genre of music, mostly, anyway.[/size]

[quote name='Harakiri']i like the used.they're ok.but i like my chemical romance more.[/quote]
yes i no MCR is a really nice band? have you heard of Taking Back Sunday or Brand New or Rufio? all great bands.

[quote name='Killer7']They are really just a combination of punk and pop, that is so extremely over done it isn't even funny. Plus thier singers whiny voice annoys the crap outta me.[/quote]

I like the used. They're voices do get out of hand sometime, but the lead singer is only 18 so I think that could be a reason. I prefer My chemical romance, CKY, crossfade better, but since The Used are from my hometown I like them a lot too.

~Wes~

[QUOTE=SilentSecurity]I like the used. They're voices do get out of hand sometime, but the lead singer is only 18 so I think that could be a reason. I prefer My chemical romance, CKY, crossfade better, but since The Used are from my hometown I like them a lot too.

~Wes~[/QUOTE]
[font=arial][size=1][color=darkorchid]
No, Bert (lead singer) is 23, or he was last time I checked. I think it might've been close to his birthday. And MCR's singer, Gerard, is 27. Not every band is full of teenagers...

I like the Used, just because. I like some of their songs and I mooched In Love And Death (edited) off a friend because I liked Take It Away. I don't consider them pop at all, just because a band might be a little well-known doesn't mean they're pop. Mainstream rock is probably the best title for their genre.[/font][/size][/color]

[QUOTE=SilentSecurity]I like the used. They're voices do get out of hand sometime, but the lead singer is only 18 so I think that could be a reason. I prefer My chemical romance, CKY, crossfade better, but since The Used are from my hometown I like them a lot too.

~Wes~[/QUOTE]

Aren't they from something like Provo or Heber in Utah or something? If so, you live really close to me.

[quote name='Ailes de Velour][font=arial][size=1][color=darkorchid]I like the Used, just because. I like some of their songs and I mooched In Love And Death (edited) off a friend because I liked Take It Away. I don't consider them pop at all, just because a band might be a little well-known doesn't mean they're pop. Mainstream rock is probably the best title for their genre.[/font][/size'][/color][/quote]
[SIZE=1]They're definitely a Pop Rock band. Even barring the fact that they're so popular wouldn't make a difference. The vocals are high and whiny, the beats are catchy and meant to stick in your head and the lyrics were practically written to be repeated over and over again lol. Just because the band has a slightly more docile feel then bands such as Relient K or the Click Five doesn't mean it isn't essentially pop music.

I'm not a fan of the band myself. Infact I've grown to dislike them a lot lol. The sad thing is it has nothing to do with their popularity, it makes no difference to me. I just don't like the music. Bert is so dramatic and the lyrics are overdone. No matter what song you listen to you just feel like it's been done before. Even in their best songs you can't help but get annoyed a minute or so in and change to something else.[/SIZE]

[QUOTE=Ailes de Velour][font=arial][size=1][color=darkorchid]
No, Bert (lead singer) is 23, or he was last time I checked. I think it might've been close to his birthday. And MCR's singer, Gerard, is 27. Not every band is full of teenagers...

I like the Used, just because. I like some of their songs and I mooched In Love And Death (edited) off a friend because I liked Take It Away. I don't consider them pop at all, just because a band might be a little well-known doesn't mean they're pop. Mainstream rock is probably the best title for their genre.[/font][/size][/color][/QUOTE]

You're right. Just because the Used is popular doesn't make them a pop group. It's their music that does. Kamuro pretty much covered it. They are a pop group. While a group isn't pop just because they're popular, they aren't NOT pop just because they have guitars either.

But without being genre-picky, I think their music lacks integrity. It seems like it's completely geared toward making money as opposed to music.

Oh well, to each his own.

I think their story of overcoming addictions and apparent homelessness is compelling, but beyond that I don't really care. You'd think through all that they'd have something more interesting to say.

They really are one of those insanely "we sound like everyone else" bands and I continue to question what the general music buying public is thinking. None of their material has been over mediocre at best, but that's my personal opinion. I'm semi-used to being told my taste is nothing special either lol.

They have promise. It's just a matter of whether or not they realize a way to truly capitalize on it as far as "good" (by my standards) music goes. I don't really think they will.

[QUOTE=ChibiHorsewoman][color=darkviolet]Yeah I've heard of the Used. I've also heard of the Killers (If I hear Mr. Brightside one more time I'm going to shoot a radio)
[color][/QUOTE]

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Word.