OtakuBoards

Shy and Stuck up

Lotus

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by RicoTranzrig [/i]
[B]I've noticed a lot of people on these boards are shy...I guess we're just not comfortable talking with people who we don't know well. It's a good thing and a bad thing...Shy people don't really get into much trouble, the ones I know...and they're usually nice people...but its hard to reach out to shy people and have a conversation that can last long because it's the person who's not shy that keeps the conversation alive most of the time...and they get tired sometimes...[/B][/QUOTE][SIZE=1]Well well, I'm not really shy here on the boards. I feel comfortable telling things publicly here that I wouldn't say here in my life, because you all live in some place that I don't, so who are you gonna tell that it would actually matter to me? Nobody, lol. Of course I do have the right to remain silent, hehe, so if I don't want to give self-incriminating info I can always plead the fifth :D[/SIZE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by PiroMunkie [/i]
[B][SIZE=1]Well well, I'm not really shy here on the boards. I feel comfortable telling things publicly here that I wouldn't say here in my life, because you all live in some place that I don't, so who are you gonna tell that it would actually matter to me? [/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE][FONT=century gothic]Yes, exactly. You people will never know me IRL...so what's the point of acting shy [i]here[/i]? I'm a quiet little kid IRL. [/FONT]

I'm not shy, 'real life' or otherwise. I'll talk to strangers, but not just out-of-the-blue in an obnoxious way like I want attention. I'll talk to people I know, or people I don't know that well, I mean, what is there to be afraid of? I was very shy when I was really young, but then stuff happened (I'll leave it at that) and eventually I grew to like myself, and having this established, I didn't care what anybody thought of me. I guess this comfort makes it easy to be open w/ people. I have some friends who are shy, but if you get them alone, they talk almost as much as I do. At the same time I'm not a chatter-box, I spend about half my time talking and half my time thinking. I just choose when and when not to open my mouth.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Voodookanaka [/i]
[B]Part of a rather famous quote: (ill find out who said it)

'...........You ridicule a child- theyll be shy..........' [/B][/QUOTE]

:eek: hey, that really fits (in terms of myself)............ I'll have to remember that...

I am quite shy outside of the boards, but sometimes I think being shy is not good, because it makes you more reclusive. If you're shy, you really won't get to know people, and talk to them. That's not as big a problem as here on the Boards, cos you can read comments and take into account what people are like, and it's easier to communicate since you're not face to face with the person you reply to. Outside, it's more difficult for a shy person to communicate.
But if you don't communicate, you don't meet new people, talk to them, and so on. I don't really talk to people I don't know if I'm gonna be with them for a short time, but any longer, and you might as well get to know them.
You never know, they could also be shy, and might have a lot in common with you

Stuck up??
Heh, I was a stuck up but never shy. Besides, I was attracted to a shy girl once and she wasn't stuck up. Just quiet. To the public's eyes, the quiet people are like scary to them (I have no idea). In my eye's I think they just need room. (Man, that's a lot of room)

Now to the stuck up person.
A stuck up person can really depend on his/her personality. Hey, I hang out with a stuck up person and he ain't shy. Just a little [BLEEP] (Whoa, a little too much caffiene this morning) Other than that, it's all good.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lotus [/i]
[B]Do you think shy people are stuck up? [/B][/QUOTE][COLOR=darkblue] I wonder where that came from...Well I'd have to say the majority of SHY ppl are just that SHY....Stuck up ppl are ppl who pass you by...WHENEVER you talk to them...if you keep talking to a shy person...sooner or later they will come around...

But one way to see if a persons ahy or stuck up...LOOK AT THE PPL THEY HANG AROUND!!!
If they hang around ppl known to be stuck up...then there you have it..that's what they are..
If they hang around ppl who keep to themselves but don't act stuck up...THEN THEY'RE THE SHY KIND[/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lady Macaiodh [/i]
[B]well, in my case...growing up... i never spoke to anybody b/c i was afraid they'd laugh at me or something. but i'm not shy at all now, b/c i don't really give a flying ---- what anybody thinks about me anymore. so yeah, i agree w/ that theory that shyness is mostly a result of ridicule. [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=blue] You know I think we all grow outta shyness at one time or another... Just like LM.. I no longer give a damn what ppl think about me.... If you don't like me... leave me alone [/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by sweetreyes [/i]
[B][COLOR=darkblue] I wonder where that came from...Well I'd have to say the majority of SHY ppl are just that SHY....Stuck up ppl are ppl who pass you by...WHENEVER you talk to them...if you keep talking to a shy person...sooner or later they will come around...

But one way to see if a persons ahy or stuck up...LOOK AT THE PPL THEY HANG AROUND!!!
If they hang around ppl known to be stuck up...then there you have it..that's what they are..
If they hang around ppl who keep to themselves but don't act stuck up...THEN THEY'RE THE SHY KIND[/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

I don't agree. You can have a person join with a crowd of loud people, but that's just because they like the company of those people. They can still say little and be shy, but hang around with them, cos they like being around them.
I think this goes less with stuck up people, as usually stuck up people have a sixth sense about other stuck up people, and hang out with them...........
The shy people point is from personal experience, so......
People are who they are. Friends will influence them, but won't change them drastically.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by D. Dark [/i]
[B]

I don't agree. You can have a person join with a crowd of loud people, but that's just because they like the company of those people. They can still say little and be shy, but hang around with them, cos they like being around them.
I think this goes less with stuck up people, as usually stuck up people have a sixth sense about other stuck up people, and hang out with them...........
The shy people point is from personal experience, so......
People are who they are. Friends will influence them, but won't change them drastically. [/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah you gotta point but when you say loud do you maean that they are also stuck up...or do they just talk outta their *bleep*...b/c there is difference.

Hey I'm really shy. I'm one of those people in school that sits in the back and never talks to anyone. But I am certainly NOT stuck up. I don't think I am better than anyone. You are not alone Lotus, and if your relatives think you're stuck up then they don't know you very well, or are trying to get you peeved like my uncle....

I'm shy, and proud of it!:D It's funny, not very long ago someone who I went to school with for years said the first time they heard me talk is last year when I told someone to shut up.:blush: :laugh:

Most of the time, if I don't want to talk I don't say much. But if I'm comfortable I'll open up a bit and talk. I'm also one of those people who listens and comments every now and then when I have something to say.

Anywho, shy people aren't stuck up. We just like to be left alone and think most of the time.

Or at least I do...:drunk:

I'm not shy, I just really really really hate most the ppl around me. They are mostly immature, and in high school, ur supposed to be mature, but most ppl are sooo immature! So, I dun converse much with ppl at my school.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by liamc2 [/i]
[B]I know exactly how you feel, after all beware of immature people in large groups! [/B][/QUOTE]

Oh, I don't have to beware them, they have ta beware me! Long story short, 10 of them tried to beat me up, ten of them went to the hospital five minutes later! Lets see, broke their hands on three of them, which they begun to whine like babies after I did it, i did the sleeper hold on four of them, and i dislocated the last three's hands, and arms. U can say, I'm a walking weapon, but they were weak, couldn't even do a decent fist fight, tried to sue me for being "To Aggressive" The way I see it, when three guys pull a knife on ya, and try to stab u, there is no such thing as "Too Aggressive", don't u guys think so too?

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Akito [/i]
[B]

Oh, I don't have to beware them, they have ta beware me! Long story short, 10 of them tried to beat me up, ten of them went to the hospital five minutes later! Lets see, broke their hands on three of them, which they begun to whine like babies after I did it, i did the sleeper hold on four of them, and i dislocated the last three's hands, and arms. U can say, I'm a walking weapon, but they were weak, couldn't even do a decent fist fight, tried to sue me for being "To Aggressive" The way I see it, when three guys pull a knife on ya, and try to stab u, there is no such thing as "Too Aggressive", don't u guys think so too? [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=blue]Did they actually sue you? You're definitely not a shy person :D [/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Akito [/i]
[B]

Oh, I don't have to beware them, they have ta beware me! Long story short, 10 of them tried to beat me up, ten of them went to the hospital five minutes later! Lets see, broke their hands on three of them, which they begun to whine like babies after I did it, i did the sleeper hold on four of them, and i dislocated the last three's hands, and arms. U can say, I'm a walking weapon, but they were weak, couldn't even do a decent fist fight, tried to sue me for being "To Aggressive" The way I see it, when three guys pull a knife on ya, and try to stab u, there is no such thing as "Too Aggressive", don't u guys think so too? [/B][/QUOTE]

good lord, akito. are you making this up?

btw, i used to have the hatred problem, too... BAD... but then i graduated high school & i wasn't around as stupid of people anymore.