OtakuBoards

Shy and Stuck up

Lotus

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[SIZE=1]No! How could you think that? As a shy person i have to say we are more often intimidated than stuck up. I get extremely nervous during social situations, and thats why I don't try to get involved into those sorts of things. But I don't speak for every shy person, now do I?[/SIZE]

[COLOR=firebrick][SIZE=1]I suppose this is a person to person case. You can find extremes of anything and everyone, no matter where you are.

I suppose that the majority of shy people are probably not stuck up, but yet, you never know when you will find someone that is just shy because he/she thinks he/she is better then everyone else around them, and doesn't feel like lowering themselves down to 'our' level. I suppose anything is possible, so why not that?[/SIZE][/COLOR]

well, it depends on the person of course. I can't stand it when people try to lump people w/ a certain trait together and just assume that they are all a certain way. :flaming: Just because you're shy doesn't mean you are stuck up, just like if you are more loud or outgoing- [i]that[/i] doesn't mean you are stuck up. People are who they are,.... nuff said. :cross:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by PiroMunkie [/i]
[B][SIZE=1]Ok answer this question, Lotus, do you think I'm stuck up? If your answer is yes, then that is the answer for you're question. If your answer's no, then that's the answer for you're question. :)[/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]
Cute piro, very cute.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by RicoTranzrig [/i]
[B][COLOR=darkblue]I'm shy...really shy...which makes it harder for people to understand me. Plus I'm a nerd/braniac...which can only make it worse...[/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

I think that is the main problem. A lot of people don't understand what's going on inside the head of a shy person. I had to open up more if only for the fact that people were starting to my name into stuff just because I don't start trouble myself.

[SIZE=1]I feel ya guys, I may not seem to shy on these boards, but you should meet me in real life. I am very shy, I don't talk much at all unless I'm spoken to, and when I do talk it's usually just a one word response, lol. Nobody really understands what's going on in my head, which I think is kinda funny because I can toy with people that way, but ya, shy shy shy, but not suck up :p[/SIZE]

I'm shy. Do people call me stuck up? Some of them do(in real life). I don't talk a lot in real life, and some people said I'm stuck up, because I don't talk to them. They think that I thought I'm better than them or something. I really don't care anyway.
Shy people are not stuck up, they're just shy and don't like conversation for some reasons.

I've noticed a lot of people on these boards are shy...I guess we're just not comfortable talking with people who we don't know well. It's a good thing and a bad thing...Shy people don't really get into much trouble, the ones I know...and they're usually nice people...but its hard to reach out to shy people and have a conversation that can last long because it's the person who's not shy that keeps the conversation alive most of the time...and they get tired sometimes...

[B]I've noticed a lot of people on these boards are shy...I guess we're just not comfortable talking with people who we don't know well. It's a good thing and a bad thing...Shy people don't really get into much trouble, the ones I know...and they're usually nice people...but its hard to reach out to shy people and have a conversation that can last long because it's the person who's not shy that keeps the conversation alive most of the time...and they get tired sometimes... [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=blue]As one of the shy's people view, I don't think shy people are stuck up. When people looks at shy people, some don't think that they're shy(that's a bad part). In real life, the people who knew very well know I'm shy, but to other, they just think I'm stuck up. [/color]

[B]I've noticed a lot of people on these boards are shy...

but its hard to reach out to shy people and have a conversation that can last long because it's the person who's not shy that keeps the conversation alive most of the time...and they get tired sometimes... [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]Yes, a great many of you are shy people. Not on here, of course, but in real life, from what I've read.

I myself am not shy...I'm quite the opposite. I'm loud and can be rude at times when I let my opinions out :babble: And yes, Rico is correct, it is really hard to carry a conversation with a shy person. While I hold nothing against you shy peeps, I do get tired and at times bored with always bringing up topics. After a while I tend to give up...[/color]

.. i'm shy.. :blush: but i'm a good listener :) and probably too understanding.. :rolleyes: but.. thats not really a bad thing.. :)

.. somepeople might think i'm stuck up cause i tend to give people weird looks.. especially if they are annoying me.. i might raise my eyebrow at them..

[B][COLOR=darkblue]I'm shy...really shy...which makes it harder for people to understand me. Plus I'm a nerd/braniac...which can only make it worse...[/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

Whoa, I'd swear you were me if I didn't know better. Except I'm not exactly a nerd.......... well, that depends on your definition of nerd. I am very intelligent, and I'm quite shy when people I don't know try to talk to me. They say stuff like 'God, he's quiet, your quiet tonight Craig, why don't you say something?'.
Now how are you supposed to answer that question while still being polite?
But I'm ok when I'm with my friends [SIZE=1]especially when I've had a drink or two.[/SIZE] and I'm definately not stuck up.