OtakuBoards

Final Fantasy Series

TailTactics

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Considering the earier conversing of Omega Weapon, there is a version after you beat every thing in the Arena, you get to fight a uber Omega.

[IMG]http://www.ffcompendium.com/EspMon/nemesis10.gif[/IMG]

Would like to take it on at least once, but that damn underwater dragon, Shinryu keeps owning me... :(

Also, that Penance dude:

[IMG]http://www.ffcompendium.com/EspMon/penance10-b2.jpg[/IMG]

I wanna fight this one too!!! :mad: [/FONT][/COLOR]

[FONT=Georgia][COLOR=Purple]I'm sad now. :animecry: I did buy the imported FFX-2 soundtrack that has "1000 Words" and......dang, I forgot the name. But they're in English, so I have 'em in English and Japanese now. :catgirl: [/COLOR][/FONT]

• 2 weeks later...
Wouldn't be much of a final fantasy fan if i didn't atleast post my appreciation here. My thoughts of one of the best (if not the best) RPG series would go far beyond the allowed space here, so i won't delve deep into it but i've played 1-X2, tactics and a few others and i am and will remain a faithful for as long as they keep making them.

I'm more of a fan of the earlier ones, with the exception of 7 being my top favorite (unless you wanna consider that one an "earlier" one as well then so be it) but the series has established itself far too well in every aspect of RPGs for me to be convinced that any of them are less then excellent.

Uhhh...random FF thoughts:

Favorite male chars: Squall, Vincent, Locke, Setzer,Sephiroth, Kuja.
Favorite female chars: Tifa, Aerith, Celes, Quistis, Beatrix, Rikku.
Favorite summons: Bahamut, Odin, Tritoch, Doomtrain, Anima.
Favorite soundtracks: Eh...way too many to even summarize (don't know why i put this here, lol)
Favorite airship: Blackjack and Ragnarock.
Misc favorites: Moogles, Midgar, Locke's antics, Tifa's attire, FF9 ending, um...most everything.

And there you have my lazy summary...

[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Comic Sans MS][QUOTE=BKstyles]Well, i did find breeding chocobos to be tedious so i guess i'm kinda biased lol. But i did enjoy racing them.

As for coolest enemy, gotta love those tonberries but the behemoths are badass too.[/QUOTE]

Well, you only breed them in 7, and the pay of was great. Plus, you got to cross the ocean on a shiny bird, which is weirdly awesome... :animestun

And the behemoths are cool, execpt for in 10, because I forgot one time that when you kill them, they cast Meteor... I didn't save for a long while, too... :animedepr [/FONT][/COLOR]

Out of all the final fantasy games I say I would have to stay old school with final fantasy 1-7 ff 8 is pretty good to but after that I havn't been buying the newere games. ff tactics advance was and still is one of the only good rpgs for gb though :animecry:

• 4 weeks later...
I didn't know if I should post this here or make a new thread.

Anyways, I'm a little surprised that no one is talking about this here yet.

[quote][b]Final FantasyXIII[/b]

At Square Enix's press conference at E3 in Los Angeles, the company officially announced Final Fantasy XIII for the PlayStation 3. Square Enix then proceeded to show a trailer from the game, in which a female protagonist is seen flying around a city. The game is being created by the same team behind Final Fantasy X. The game runs on the "White Engine" and was originally planned for the PlayStation 2 but was later moved to the PS3.

[URL=http://ps3.ign.com/articles/705/705652p1.html]LINK[/URL]

[URL=http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/826/826843/imgs_1.html]FFXIII Screenshots[/URL] [/quote]

[quote][b]Final Fantasy Versus XIII[/b]

Square Enix had only just officially announced Final Fantasy XIII at its E3 2006 press conference, but that didn't stop the company from announcing its sequel. Final Fantasy Versus XIII is being created by the team behind Kingdom Hearts 2 and will be an "extreme action game" that serves as the direct sequel to Final Fantasy XIII and will appear on the PS3. The trailer for the game was done by the team that put together Advent Children.

[URL=http://ps3.ign.com/articles/705/705665p1.html]LINK[/URL]

[URL=http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/826/826846/imgs_1.html]FF vXIII Screenshots[/URL] [/quote]

[size=1]kudos to Vic Viper at psfantasy[/size]

I will admit that it looks good, but "shrugs" And I am hearing negative feedback though... Your thoughts?

Based on these first bits of information, I feel a bit iffy about the Final Fantasy XII games. I mean, if people thought FF XII was breaking the tradition of the series too much, what about this one that consists of three separate games?! :/

I reckon it'll suffice to play the actual [B]FFXIII[/B], but then there's [B]Versus[/B] (an action game á la Dirge of Cerberus) that has a different world with different characters, but it's somehow based on the same myth as the main game as well. And then there's [B]Agito[/B], a mobile game. And they're all being directed by different persons.

Final Fantasy XIII seems to have caught the disease called "polymorphism". Is it a good thing or not, only time will tell. Looks magnificent, though.

[SIZE=1]Wow... now [I]that[/I]'s a gunblade...

I'm all up for FFXIII, but I'm not entirely sure about the 3-part 'saga'. Versus... hmm... I'm not sure if I like the idea of different teams working on the different 'episodes'. Even FFXIII appears to be more action-ish than normal from the short battle clip in the trailer - in a good way, and if Versus is 'extreme'... I just have a dreading feeling that FFV-XIII'll end up as nothing more than a glorified button-mash fest.

I look forward greatly to FFXIII, alongside the likes of MGS4, but I imagine I'll be somewhat sceptical of the other two until Square gives more information on them. [I]Very[/I] sceptical.[/SIZE]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=SeaGreen]Hmm....I actually have never head of FFXIII before this! :animeswea I'm not sure how I feel about it....X-2 was controversial enough, so it ought to be interesting to see how this all pans out.

Is it official, or just rumors?[/COLOR][/FONT]

[SIZE=1]It... well, the series... was officially announced by Square-Enix at E3, according to the article. So, it's official, but to be fair it doesn't really give that much of an insight into anything. Which is a bit of a shame, but understandable given that this is [COLOR=SlateGray][probably] [/COLOR]the first official mention of it.[/SIZE]

Yeah, sony released this info yesterday at E3. (Repeat may or may not come on tonight on G4) Video coverage can also be seen as well at IGN and Gamestop. Honestly though, I would atleast thought they would wait until XII was released in America.

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=SeaGreen]I always miss E3...... :animeangr Ah well.
Anyway, I played the demo of FFXII, and I think that even though it's a change in the series, it'll work out good. My one magazine put it pretty well: it basically said that either FF fans will either embrace or reject the change to the system, ya know? While it's different, I think I'll enjoy it.

I'm not really clear on FFXIII, though. What do you guys mean, 'saga'? Would it be in three seperate games?[/COLOR][/FONT]

• 4 weeks later...
Now that the movie is out and i own it i found out that its not really what i expected. its a good story line and all but its to short! they almost need to extend it into 2 movies or somthin. overall i did like it tho and it has great graphics. :animeswea

[color=#4B0082]If you go into Advent Children expecting another FFVII-proportion storyline, of course you're going to be disappointed. FFVII was a 70 hour game, whereas AC is only an hour and forty minute movie. And an action movie no less. AC is all about showing Cloud kicking *** and taking names; it seems like the story is there mainly just to give him reason to do so.

Truth be told, that's not really what I expected either, but I don't think it's necessarily a flaw in the movie. Once I realized that, hey, it's not supposed to be FFVII-2, I enjoyed AC a lot for what it is. As a fast paced action movie tied into the overall FFVII storyline, I thought it turned out pretty good.[/color]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=SeaGreen]Well, you've got a point. I don't think I really made it clear what I meant. :animeswea

I wasn't dissapointed in the fact I thought it was going to be this big huge sequel or something - just the pace of the movie itself seemed rush. It was still a good movie, though! But even if it was just a normal movie, I'd think it was too quick.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[color=#4B0082]It was basically just one fight scene after the next, strung together by the necessary bits of dialogue, true. But I still think it was better than a lot of other action movies I've seen that are basically the same thing. (The recent Aeon Flux comes to mind. Ugh.) Taking that into account, though, I think the length of the movie is fine, and I didn't have too much of a problem with the pacing. The breaks in the action were decently spaced and the story layed out in them was actually somewhat interesting (at least to see the tie-ins to FFVII), so I'm content with how things turned out.

Personally, my biggest disappointment with AC was that, besides Tifa and Vincent, we barely got to see the other main characters from the game. Having them thrown together for that one fight sort of came out of the blue and seemed like it was tacked on just so they wouldn't be completely absent from the movie. Back before its release, I was looking forward to seeing the whole cast back together again, but that only happened for maybe five minutes.

Oh, and I'm also disappointed that they made Kadaj's summon materia green instead of red how it should've been.[/color]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=SeaGreen]My bro and dad really didn't like how they threw in the characters at the end - it was kinda abrupt, like an afterthought. I didn't care for it, either. And even then you didn't really get to see them.

I don't watch live-action movies based on games or anime, so I haven't seen Aeon Flux. :animeswea And I only watched AC because of the CG and the amount of praise it recieved.

Don't get me wrong - I really enjoyed the movie! I may not care for one or two things, but as a whole, I think AC was a really great achievement. :catgirl: [/COLOR][/FONT]

Guest Pyrogamer
One of my friends told me that there making ff7 for the ps3 just with better graphics. Of course they said the same thing when the were coming out with the ps2. Are they going to do it this time or is this another rumor

[quote name='Pyrogamer']One of my friends told me that there making ff7 for the ps3 just with better graphics. Of course they said the same thing when the were coming out with the ps2. Are they going to do it this time or is this another rumor[/quote]

[COLOR=DarkGreen]Just rumor and speculation. I wouldnt get my hopes up they are to busy with FF XII and XIII.[/COLOR]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=SeaGreen]I think you're right. I heard rumors that they were making it for the PS2, but I think that was just speculation

About the PS3.....I may or may not have heard that before, I'm not sure. Perhaps they will.........I heard something more definitive, and I can't remember it! :animeswea [/COLOR][/FONT]