OtakuBoards

Final Fantasy Series

TailTactics

What do yall think of that playable demo for FF XII on the new Dragon Quest VII game. At one point I thought of buying the game so that I could play the demo. I am extremely jealous of the people who are going to play the demo :flaming: ...but soon enough I will have FF XII in my possession :devil:, and not on any demo disk. What do you think about this?

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[COLOR=DarkOrchid]I didn't get the DQ game - I didn't even know it had a demo in it! :animeblus I think it's pretty cool, but if I got a demo, it'd only be tortue, because then I would know what I was waiting for. At least there's not that suspense of agony and waiting for me as long as I don't play demos. :catgirl: [/COLOR]

• 2 weeks later...
Well i know that advent children is coming out soon . im not gonna say wen be4 i get anime pet stressed out lol. and sry to say but kh2 is no tanywhere close of coming out. lol. i beat ffx the whole thing with everything im just working on ffx-2 i never get a chance to play it anymore. and im thinking of getting th DQ game.

[COLOR=DarkOrchid]I'm really annoyed, because I was playing X-2 for the sixth time to try to get everything. I managed to beat Sphere Break this time, and do all the scenes in the Farplane, but I can't get Episode Complete in Moonflow because I missed selling one ticket in Chap 2!!! :animecry: :animecry: And for the Mi'ihen Highroad investigation, I pinned Rin as the suspect, so I only got Concluded there. :animecry:
Now I have to do it all over AGAIN!!!![/COLOR]

[quote name='Anime Pet][COLOR=DarkOrchid']How did you get 100% THREE TIME?!!? :animeknow [/COLOR][/quote]
lol well the firt time i got like a 97% and then yea the second time was luck lol and then 4rth and 5th time i got kinda remembered wat i did to get 100% percent lol. i havent played that game in a while though

ya i heard the japanese version is being sold.
even though i cant stand the japanese voices...the guys sound like girls and the girls like guys!
its just annoying.
im picking up a copy this week when i get the time to go and get it, im gonna fight the urge to break it because of the shrill voices.

[color=#4B0082]You gotta be kidding me. I liked the Japanese voices a lot; almost all of them fit the characters really well, I thought. The only one that annoyed me was Kadaj but I think that was more due to the character himself annoying me. Whiny little punk.

But anyway, where's the subtitled DVD being sold? I checked around a few places online just now and didn't see it available anywhere. Though I'm going to wait for the version with both subtitles and dub anyway, just to see what the English voices are like. It's a rare occasion where I prefer the English dub, but who knows, it happens.[/color]

[QUOTE=terjak]ya i heard the japanese version is being sold.
even though i cant stand the japanese voices...the guys sound like girls and the girls like guys!
its just annoying.
im picking up a copy this week when i get the time to go and get it, im gonna fight the urge to break it because of the shrill voices.[/QUOTE]
Why are you going to get it if you don't like the voices??

• 4 weeks later...
[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Comic Sans MS]I'm pretty happy, I just got four Final Fantasies in One week:

FF IV
FF V
FF VI
FF: Crystal Chronicles

And I got Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross, and Front Mission 4. No, I'm not a fanboy, there was a huge price drop in them, and Front mission was free.

But anyway, I just got to the part where you get in front of the castle where Tellah's daughter is in in #4, and [spoiler]the whole freakin' place gets bombed!!! :eek: [/spoiler] I feel a little bad that I giggled a bit, but I couldn't help but laugh when Edward said, "They blitzed us..." :animesmil

Why is that so funny? :rolleyes:

I haven't played a lot of FF5, but I'm pass the part when you face-off against Siren...

And in Six, Terra went in front of the [spoiler]esper and went berserk![/spoiler] Wow...

Pretty much all I need now are FF7 (which my brother owns), FF3 (which never came out here) and FF11 (can't get online yet...:() and I'll own them all!!!

:p [/FONT] [/COLOR]

[FONT=Georgia][COLOR=DarkOrchid]Yeah, I'm not allowed online yet either, but I'll get FF11 the moment I can! ;) I played the demo of FF12 - it kicked ***! What I really liked is that the entire party shows up on screen, not just the leader. That always drove me insane! But I have to play again, since I didn't realize there were more spoilers after you beat both bosses....... :animecry:
I'm working mainly on Xenosaga again now, but I've beaten FFX two times. I keep trying to play FFX-2, but I keep screwing something up so that I can't get 100% complete and get the Mascot dsp!!!! ARGH! So I'm taking a long hiatus from the thing. ONE DAY I'll get it, mark my words! :animedepr [/COLOR][/FONT]

Hey everyone, seems I'm posting pretty late into this thread but I'll post anyways as I love the Final Fantasy series, they are my favourite games of all time. I have them all apart from Final Fantasy III but that's because it wasn't released in the UK. Hopefully we will get that DS version, from what I've seen it looks pretty good.

Like many people Final Fantasy VII is my favourite out of them all because everything about it is awesome. The characters are all really cool and all play their part in the game (apart from Yuffie but she looks to have a big part in Dirge of Cerberus). The music was also done very well by the ever awesome Nobou, it really fit into the atmosphere of the game. Advent Children was also the best film I have ever seen, it was great to see the old characters again after eight years. The fight scenes were also the best I have ever seen in a film and the attention to detail couldn't have been better, from the reflection in Cloud's sword's to the sounds of Vincent's cape being all cool and flappy.

I also managed to convince some of my friends to buy Final Fantasy XI but they will never play with me, so I'm still at a pretty low level. I havn't played in a while so maybe I'll try again soon. I will get that Ninja job class even if I have to die trying!.

I also noticed a few people in this thread getting annoyed with Final Fantasy X-2, believe me you're not the only ones. I have to start again as I have missed some things, so I have to do the damn Sphere Break game yet again. That being said I still enjoy the game but not as much as the rest of the series because it just really doesn't want me to get 100% for some reason.

This year should be good for us Final Fantasy fans, we have Final Fantasy XII and Dirge of Cerberus on the way, not forgetting Crisis Core and the English Advent Children. Maybe we will get Before Crisis too, and hopefully the Final Fantasy VII Ultimania Omega will be translated into English, but I suppose that's just wishful thinking.

[SIZE=1][COLOR=DimGray]Hahah, glad I joined the thread at this exact point. I get to reply to a question I've been dying to be able to answer [I know, a little sad isn't it?]
I must say that 'Real Emotion' was a darn awesome song, great to put on your boogey shoes and dance to. I'll admit I'm a real fan of it, and have viewed the openning scene in the Sphere Dome many a time just to hear it - maybe it's time I find the song and download it...
Anywho, the only problem I found with 'Real Emotion' was that it lacked something, something I find hard to explain with words, and harder with actions, so charades is totally out of the question here [being that you can't see me anyway, I think that was a given].
'1000 Words' is my choice out of the two. This song is not only extremely well done, but when listened to whilst drawn into, or throwing yourself at the storyline, is quite touching. The layered voices of both Yuna and her counterpart [forgot her name, it's been a while] sent shivers down my spine. A truly great song to add to X-2. I think it made up for a little of what the game lacked majorly.
There's my two cents.[/COLOR][/SIZE]