OtakuBoards

Final Fantasy Series

TailTactics

Oh don't get me wrong Brother kick's major butt :animesmil but it still would have been cool with Rikku. Yeah I forgot Dona wanted to quit :animeblus . but you know when the game give you the choice to say "sounds good to me" or who care's"?

I said who care's :animeblus lol :animesmil

I thought I would get the chance to fight her for saying that.

But you know what would have been funny? If Dona and LaBlanc went at it in X-2 just let them meet face to face. wounder how that would have turned out ;) :p

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]Yeah, Rikku would be awesome. :D I said who cares as well, but that's because it affects how she appears later in the game. I'm not sure how, though....I forget. :animeblus
Oh man, LeBlanc vs. Dona?! Gee, what a wild shot THAT would be at who would win..... :p Dona, hands down![/COLOR][/FONT]

hmmm I dunno I think it would be LaBlanc ;)
But then again we never saw how Dona plays ;)
now that I put some thought into it they'ed proly might see eye to eye :animestun

I mean come on they both had hidden virtues :animestun :animeswea :p

[quote name='Anime Pet']Hmm.......I'd say go for the $30 PS2, as long as it'll run right, and save for the PS3. Unless you like handhelds a LOTS, I've heard that the PSP isn't worth that much, and the games aren't that great. I'm saving for a PS3 as well. :D[/quote]
:D The way i personalized my PSP is awsome. I have a background on it, Videos and pictures of miscellaneous things (including the full length movie of FF Advent Children with subtitles.), and I can play NES, SNES, Gameboy, Genesis, NeoGeo, and the like through emulators made for the PSP. I have the one GIG which is why i could add so much to it. (Cant wait for the 2 gig)
I put FF and FF2 on the NES emulator and FF3, FF4, and FF5 on the SNES emulator. (FF6 and FF3 are the same.) Not only that but i can play the original Mario, Sonic, Kirby, Zelda, PacMan... basically any game made for the systems specified. Im looking for PSP skins and other accessories to personalize my PSP furthur. :D Fun!!!

I didn't know you could put all that into a PSP!!!! :animestun
now I really want one for christmas. ;)

but I did here that when the Ps3 comes out you'll be able to hook you PSP to it just like the nintendo gamecube and GBA :catgirl:

[color=#4B0082]*points to the [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=32057][u]PSP thread[/u][/url]* We already have that thread for talking about the PSP, so can we keep this one on the subject of Final Fantasy, please? :)[/color]

Naaaah
just good ol fashion luck meh friend :catgirl:
but the real question is...
can anyone tell me the easy way of beating the chocobo thing were I have to get a time of 0:0:00???

and are we ever gunna see FF12?? :(

[color=#4B0082]Well, see, you have to hit the button quickly when you see the flash on screen, and you can dodge the bolts. :p

Seriously though, the biggest thing that will help you out with dodging lightning bolts is a weapon/armor thing with the No Encounters ability, or whatever it's called that blocks random battles. Whenever I'd walk through the Thunder Plains without that, I'd find myself getting struck immediately after coming out of a battle, before I could react and hit the button to dodge. So I made sure to use a shield on Tidus, I think it was, that had the No Encounters ability while going for the 200 consecutive dodges. Doing so makes it a lot easier, saves time spent in random battles, and just generally makes the whole thing less of a headache.

As for the actual dodging, you just have to train your thumb to tap the button as soon as you see the flash. Obviously, having good reflexes to begin with helps a lot, but that'll vary person to person. Get it down so that you're not even having to think about pushing the button when you see the flash, pretty much. This came pretty fast for me, others it may take longer, but it's just a matter of honing the reflex.

Another thing that helped me was hanging out by one of the towers. Every 10 or 20 dodges, I'd duck back under the tower by the save point and take a few seconds to refocus. If you try to dodge all 200 in one long stretch, it's unlikely that you'll going to make it. The little breaks let you get your attention focused again and keep your reflexes sharp. This is important because you need to have your guard up every second you're not under the tower, or else a bolt will strike and you won't be ready to dodge.

And that's about all I can tell you. Following this method, I got up to about 187, I think it was, on my first attempt before getting struck. On my second attempt I passed the 200 mark and got the sigil. So there's no cheat or code (well, short of using something like a GameShark), and it's definitely not just luck; it's all in the reflexes and staying focused.

[b]Edit:[/b]
About the Chocobo race, don't ask me how I did that one, because I'm not even sure myself. I think after enough tries I just sort of started to memorize the route you need to take, the pattern of the birds, when to dodge, etc. My times were ranging for really close to absolutely horrible, then suddenly, bam -- I did it.[/color]

[color=darkred]Apparently the trick to that Chocobo race lies in getting a good start. I can't remember if I did accomplish the race, because FFX was kind of in the grey area for me when it came to secrets and stuff; for every secret and side-quest I had obtained/done, there were about three others that I needed to do, Blitzball being the biggest one.

I have the Official Strategy Guide, and I just checked it out of curiosity, but there's nothing about the Chocobo race inside it, or at least I never saw anything inside about it. I think the best bet would be to find a map or something on GameFAQs. Overall, I think it's supposed to be pretty tough.[/color]

[QUOTE=Osaka]Naaaah
just good ol fashion luck meh friend :catgirl:
but the real question is...
can anyone tell me the easy way of beating the chocobo thing were I have to get a time of 0:0:00???

and are we ever gunna see FF12?? :([/QUOTE][size=1][color=darkred]As far as the chocobo race, from what I remember is just make sure you get all the ballons and dont get hit by any birds. Use your D-pad its better for sharp turn to dodge the birds. Every couple of races hope for the like 4 ballons at the beginning, they make things alot easier. But basically birds are what you really need to worry about, then balloons, though try to get as many as possible, don't risk it if you will get hit by a bird. [/color][/size]
[size=1][color=darkred][/color][/size]
[size=1][color=darkred]Sorry it probably doesn't help much, I dunno how to really explain it[/color][/size]

Ok, my bro and I are going to try that dodger tip you guys gave us! :catgirl: He's got the better reflexes, so... :animeswea

Yeah, I managed to find AND beat that fiend on my fifth try.... :animesigh A good site to find different strategies is on gamefaqs.com - they have different stuff for your different ways of playing and developing characters.
The one in the book (in a VERY general way, since it's so loooong!) is to equip them with acc. that have auto-Protect and Reflect, or either. Two Dark Knights, and one Alchemist is what they say and what I used.
After that it gets kinda vauge. I used the Alchemist to keep mixing Holy - it kept the two arms from coming back to life. But it depends on how advanced your people are - I suggest at LEAST level 66. But gamefaqs is REALLY good, and I HIGHLY reccomend it. :animesmil

:animesmil You'll get it. Like I said - go to gamefaqs. They're really good. Maybe the strategy just isn't right - it took me quite a few times to figure it out. Hey, when I said it took five tries, I'm only counting the ones I survived longer than two minutes...... ;) :animeswea

[COLOR=RoyalBlue] :rolleyes: Out of all the Final Fantasy's. My fav is gotta be FF7 and as for my favorite charecter gotta be CLoud, Tifa, or Nanaki (Red XII) As for everyone, mostly every one has heard of the movie (Final Fantasy Advent Children) If you havent seen the movie yet... Either wait till it comes out in English or you could download it in Japanese and just read the subtitles. :animesmil [/COLOR]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Navy]Hmm, well, I can't really pick between which is my favorite FF game, but I've got say that it's.... FFX because: 1. It was the very first FF game I've ever beaten 2. The characters and graphics were pretty awesome 3. The plot and story line was really really amazing 4. The villians in it made me want to summon Sephiroth on them :catgirl: and 5. It has my home boy Tidus in it!! :animesmil :animesmil And about the favorite character thing, my all time favorite character is... Auron!! :catgirl: Oh my gosh.. have you seen the way that he looks?? It makes me want to drool all over him! Gah..ew.. maybe not.. :animedepr :animeswea Anyways, my favorite character is Auron because he is one of the most calm and collected people in the whole game, he's so dashing, he has a lot of good things going for him and he makes me so sad and happy whenever he does something. Does anyone else get that feeling with they're fav character??[/COLOR] [/FONT]

[QUOTE=TailTactics]I already have a thread dedicated to this topic, why can you start another thread with the exact same topic. Here is my thread; again same topic. I think thats [B]BS[/B].

Find the Thread

Here [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=49238][B][SIZE=4][COLOR=Navy]FINAL FANTASY FAN THREAD[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/URL]

Anyway, my favorite character is Auron because he is just a BAd *****.[/QUOTE]
Dude I'm sorry next time I'll pay attention ( I knew this was gonna happen) but seriously you gotta chill out man. Sorry. I thought your thread was alll about the FFVII movie

[COLOR=RoyalBlue]Hey, my dad got Lulu's Sigil from the Lightning Dodger, thanks to Desbreko's tip!! Yeah!! And my bro and dad got Kimahri's Sigil, and my bro just got Tidus' from that race! We've never done it before. :animesmil
On his second try, my dad got 248 dodges. :animestun I couldn't believe it! Thanks for the hints![/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Anime Pet][COLOR=RoyalBlue]Hey, my dad got Lulu's Sigil from the Lightning Dodger, thanks to Desbreko's tip!! Yeah!! And my bro and dad got Kimahri's Sigil, and my bro just got Tidus' from that race! We've never done it before. :animesmil
On his second try, my dad got 248 dodges. :animestun I couldn't believe it! Thanks for the hints![/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Navy]That is so cool that your dad likes to play FFX!! Kudos for him!!

Anyways, the only person's Sigil that I've ever gotten to complete FULLY would have to be Yuna's. Everyone else's is so hard to get the requirements for it. Could someone please give me some tips as to how to do them all?? I mean, I have everyone's special Sigil, but, I can't do all the things that needs to be done. Can someone help[/COLOR]??[/FONT]

[QUOTE=CloudsOnly189][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Navy]That is so cool that your dad likes to play FFX!! Kudos for him!!

Anyways, the only person's Sigil that I've ever gotten to complete FULLY would have to be Yuna's. Everyone else's is so hard to get the requirements for it. Could someone please give me some tips as to how to do them all?? I mean, I have everyone's special Sigil, but, I can't do all the things that needs to be done. Can someone help[/COLOR]??[/FONT][/QUOTE]

Go Here \/

[URL=http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/game/197344.html][B][COLOR=Navy]Help with whatever gaming you need[/COLOR][/B][/URL]

Its all just click and pick from here :rolleyes: