OtakuBoards

Final Fantasy Series

TailTactics

[QUOTE=TailTactics]Go Here \/

[URL=http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/game/197344.html][B][COLOR=Navy]Help with whatever gaming you need[/COLOR][/B][/URL]

Its all just click and pick from here :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]
[COLOR=Navy]Arigotou, TailTactics!! I now have a site that I can put on my Favorites and click on it so that whenever I need help, I can just go to it!!

Thankies once again[/COLOR]!!!![/FONT]

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Navy]Oh, I know!! FFX is the very first game I have ever beaten and it is so sad.... especially when they [FONT=Comic Sans MS]try to hug and Yuna cant feel it..... sniff..... so sad...[/COLOR] [/FONT] :animecry: [COLOR=Navy]Gah, has anyone ever beaten FFVIII??? SO hard[/COLOR]...[/FONT]

[color=#4B0082]I never like using guides except in extreme cases where I've been stuck on something so long (usually trying to find where to go, or what to do, etc.) that I just don't care about doing it myself anymore. But with the exception of those few cases, discovery is half the fun for me.

Like the Cloister of Trials puzzles in FFX -- I think I'm the only one I've talked to who actually enjoyed those. Yeah, a few of them stumped me for a while, but it was a lot of fun to finally figure things out. They reminded me of old point-and-click adventure game puzzles.[/color]

[QUOTE=Desbreko][color=#4B0082]I never like using guides except in extreme cases where I've been stuck on something so long (usually trying to find where to go, or what to do, etc.) that I just don't care about doing it myself anymore. But with the exception of those few cases, discovery is half the fun for me.

Like the Cloister of Trials puzzles in FFX -- I think I'm the only one I've talked to who actually enjoyed those. Yeah, a few of them stumped me for a while, but it was a lot of fun to finally figure things out. They reminded me of old point-and-click adventure game puzzles.[/color][/QUOTE]

Yeah, i usually only use guides after i complete a game. In matter of fact, i dislike the fact that people dont take in the full effects of the game especially, if its a classic. Then again their is no point in not using a guide with games that have "lost Forevers" (Events or items you can only obtain in one portion of a game in which you lose out unless u start a new game.) Most of the FF games have at least one item or event that is a lost forever. That is the ONLY thing i dislike about FF in matter of fact.. Excuse me if i go off topic for a sec; If you take a game like Zelda, there are no lost forevers in that game and it should be played without the players guide. The only partially impossible task in those games are obtaining all the masks and golden skulltulas in majora's mask and all the gold skulltulas in Ocarina of Time without a players guide.

The only FF games i used a players guide on before i beat it is X-2 and FF VIII. I used gamefaqs for FFI, FFII, FFIV, FFV, FFVI, FFVII (when i didnt own the players guide), and FFIX. As matter of fact FFX is the only game i played straight through without gamefaqs or players guides (and its my favorite in the series. Maybe there is a pattern here.) Dont get me wrong, even with players guides these games are difficult, but you just have a secure mentality that u didnt skip anything important.

[COLOR=DarkOrchid]I like using guides for my RPGs because that I way I can get everything. I guess it's kinda cheating, but even though I use the guide, there are still things left you do yourself. Like FFX-2, for example. I just beat Shinra at Sphere Break after trying five times in a row and resetting, and I really feel like I accomplished something. I think just because someone uses a guide doesn't mean you can't get a feeling of accomplishment. Maybe not as much, but still.....just my opinion. :catgirl: [/COLOR]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Navy]Well, on RPG's I use guides all the time because I really need all the help that I can get. RPG's are so hard to finish because of all the extra mini-games and all of the monsters that try to attack you and you cant even see them... [/FONT] :animeswea [/COLOR]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Navy]Does anyone get my drift[/COLOR]??[/FONT]

[quote name='CloudsOnly189][COLOR=Navy]Does anyone get my drift[/COLOR']??[/quote]
:fart:

Get it? Get my drift???......

Hahahahhahaa...a.a. **frowns at self** :animeangr **immature** :nope: ....

Joking, yes i could comply.

What are peoples opinions on FF12, how would you like it to turn out? Should there be a lot of sidequests or should they just stick to the storylines and not sway too much from that. How about new magic and summons. How do you think the summon animation should play if there any (hopefully like FF IX with the amazing summon animation. They should add more movie cutscenes because they are just straight awsome.

I started a new game in FFX and ive seen how well the story line is. I mean i know the story line is awsome, but just playing it a second time i really got a feel for the story. I liked the way the sinspawn, animation and battle all came into play simulatneously. That was new coming into the FF series and very fanworthy. It was definately worth reliving.

[COLOR=DarkOrchid]I totally agree with CloudsOnly189 about the guides. That's the reason I use 'em! :catgirl:
TailTactics: Hmm....I think they should have sidequests, but not really minigames this time around. And not a whole load of sidequests either - just a few to expand the story and get special weapons or something. As for summons - they better have summons!! - I'm not sure. I haven't play FF9, so I don't know the animations you're talking about, but I really liked X's images. I want to know if they're going to use the same aeons from X, or ones from 7, or 8, or....you guys get the point. Or use completely different summons and/or models?
I also agree - more cutscenes! I think there was way to few cutscenes in FF - I believe FFX-2 had more than X, but I'm not completely sure......as for good cutscenes, I think X-2 was better for that as well. But I think they should talk more in the cutscenes as well. But have plenty of story to PLAY, not just watch cutscenes. Xenosaga (pardon for using another game as an example) had a whole load of cutscenes, and (it was an AWESOME game!!) but it sometimes felt more like I watched it than played it. I don't want FF12 to get to that point, ya know?
I think I might be being too picky, but isn't that what a gamer is all about? :catgirl: [/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Anime Pet][COLOR=DarkOrchid]TailTactics: Hmm....I think they should have sidequests, but not really minigames this time around. And not a whole load of sidequests either - just a few to expand the story and get special weapons or something. As for summons - they better have summons!! - I'm not sure. I haven't play FF9, so I don't know the animations you're talking about, but I really liked X's images. I want to know if they're going to use the same aeons from X, or ones from 7, or 8, or....you guys get the point. Or use completely different summons and/or models?
I also agree - more cutscenes! I think there was way to few cutscenes in FF - I believe FFX-2 had more than X, but I'm not completely sure......as for good cutscenes, I think X-2 was better for that as well. But I think they should talk more in the cutscenes as well. But have plenty of story to PLAY, not just watch cutscenes. Xenosaga (pardon for using another game as an example) had a whole load of cutscenes, and (it was an AWESOME game!!) but it sometimes felt more like I watched it than played it. I don't want FF12 to get to that point, ya know?
I think I might be being too picky, but isn't that what a gamer is all about? :catgirl: [/COLOR][/QUOTE]

I'll try not to spoil anything, but I can say this much: to current knowledge, FF XII will [I]not[/I] contain any summons/aeons/whatever from any previous numbered (I-XI) Final Fantasy game, but [spoiler]the Totema and the Lucavi from FF Tactics games act as summons.[/spoiler]

What comes to sidequests, FFXII will have plenty of those. It is said that the main story arch will last for about 40 hours to play through [I]if[/I] you don't do any of the sidequests, but if you want to be a perfectionist and do everything you can in the game, it can last for a whopping [I]150[/I] hours. But if you don't like sidequest, you can very well skip them - that's how it's always been.

I'm not sure what you meant by cutscenes, Anime Pet, but if you were referring to Full Motion Video -scenes (the fully rendered, ah-so-beautiful ones), FF XII is said to have less those and more in-game cutscenes. It has something to do with the advanced graphics or something...

But there was definately much more FMV-scenes in FF X than in it's sequel - having played both now I can assure that. It feels like every other cutscene in FF X was made with the FMV-technique, and although I'm not saying it's a bad thing, it was just irksome that the characters change their appearances all the time. In FF X-2, you could almost count the number of FMV-cutscenes with your fingers.

So there. FF XII will not be the every-fanboys-and-girls-dream-game as expected, but a game that will take the series into a whole new level. I truly believe it will repeat the fame of FF VII.

Well, we'll find out about that next year... ;D

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Indigo][COLOR=Navy]I absolutely LOVE final fantasy 7!!! Im in the middle of playing it now, though iv restarted and restarted over the years and i hafta say im not doing to bad :p I use a guide and my friend alex (extremely gd gamer) because, to be frank, im not very good at games :animecry: Iv played FF8 but i didnt really like it and iv watched my brother play FFX and FFX-2 they looked amazing! but i wasnt to keen on a mainly female lead (what can i say? im shallow lol) Iv never played FF1-6 but if i could get hold of them i would :p
To sum up - FINAL FANTASY 7 ROCKS! and the others are ok but i will never love them as much as 7 lol[/COLOR][/COLOR][/FONT]

[QUOTE=Kura-Chan][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Indigo][COLOR=Navy]I absolutely LOVE final fantasy 7!!! Im in the middle of playing it now, though iv restarted and restarted over the years and i hafta say im not doing to bad :p I use a guide and my friend alex (extremely gd gamer) because, to be frank, im not very good at games :animecry: Iv played FF8 but i didnt really like it and iv watched my brother play FFX and FFX-2 they looked amazing! but i wasnt to keen on a mainly female lead (what can i say? im shallow lol) Iv never played FF1-6 but if i could get hold of them i would :p
To sum up - FINAL FANTASY 7 ROCKS! and the others are ok but i will never love them as much as 7 lol[/COLOR][/COLOR][/FONT][/QUOTE]

It seems as if your basing the whole genre of Final Fantasy on the only game you played, which is FF VII. And u merely watched others play different series of the game (FF VII, X, and X-2) to see if you like it or not. In order to understand a classic like Final Fantasy, i believe you must become more 'intune' with its games, both old and new. I could tell you the this and thats of each FF game but i wont only to safeguard my personal opinion from ridicule. FFVIII had an awsome storyline with many diverse and equally appealing characters. The gameplay was incredible and it used new innovation (Draw and Junction) in its plot. My point is if your going to judge a game, play it first, get a feel of it. Get into it. Dont just blantantly state 'out of mind' opinions.

[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Oh, Sage, you broke my heart! No summons?! :animecry: Oh well, at least SOMETHING, right? :catgirl:
Yes, by movies I mean FMVs - but in-game cutscenes are good as well. So that's all good for me! And I like how most subquests and such are optional - it's not FORCING you to do them. But I'm glad FFXII is taking FF to a new level - it wouldn't be as good if all they did was copy their old games, right? So I'm more than happy about that. :animesmil
I have to agree with TailTactics about Kura-Chan. Seeing and playing a game to decide if you like it are two different things. Don't judge the others just on one game (though FF7 IS an awesome game). But they ALL are, in their own unique and special way. So give 'em a try, and maybe next time you'll be pleasently surprised.[/COLOR]

Guest Observing Soul
I've started to be interested in the Final Fantasy series with FF6 just before the era of 3D. The next one was FF8 which was good as well. I always wanted to play FF7 but never manage to do so. For a game series called [[I]B]Final[/B] Fantasy [/I] is sure doesn't seem to meet its end anytime soon. Does anyone know whether or not a english PC version of FF7 exists or not?

Final Fantasy I [B]think[/B] means that the world that the game is set in, is under peril and that if the danger is not stopped, than everyones dreams and ideals will be destroyed. So technically it's someones Final Hope or Fantasy of saving the world and restoring peace.

IF that made any sense whatsoever lol

Yeah you can buy FF7 for PC on Amazon or even Ebay. I'm not sure on prices I used to remember it being £50. I really recommend buying it for PS. It's much smoother and more atmospheric IMO..

FF7 Is by FAR the best Final Fantasy out of the series. But that's my opinion lol. :D

[QUOTE]It seems as if your basing the whole genre of Final Fantasy on the only game you played, which is FF VII. And u merely watched others play different series of the game (FF VII, X, and X-2) to see if you like it or not. In order to understand a classic like Final Fantasy, i believe you must become more 'intune' with its games, both old and new. I could tell you the this and thats of each FF game but i wont only to safeguard my personal opinion from ridicule. FFVIII had an awsome storyline with many diverse and equally appealing characters. The gameplay was incredible and it used new innovation (Draw and Junction) in its plot. My point is if your going to judge a game, play it first, get a feel of it. Get into it. Dont just blantantly state 'out of mind' opinions.[/QUOTE]

[COLOR=Indigo][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Just to straighten out a few things. I didnt mean to sound like i was judging the whole series on FF7 lol, sorry if i did tho. I just meant that of the ones iv played so far it was my favourite. Iv only watched other people on FFX and X-2 because i cant play two games at once (i really am an awful gamer lol and iv only really just got into final fantasy) and once iv finished 7 i will be playing 9, X and X-2. When i played FF8 i loved the characters (especially zell ;) ) and i thought it was all thought out well and yes it was innovative just i wasnt to keen on the changes in the battle system etc because i thought theyd be the same as 7 and i sorta got a shock when they werent lol I no that each game is unique in its characters and plots and they cant really be compared to one another and i didnt mean to imply that in my last post, though admittedly now iv read it back it does come across like that so im sorry if iv annoyed any1, i really didnt mean to lol [/FONT] [/COLOR]

Well I own all the final fantasy games in some way or another. By far FF7 is the best. The characters were just amazing, the plot was excellent, the graphics were revolutionary at the time and even the midi music rocked! :D

Second would have to be FF9. I liked 8 but the plot but I prefer the more medieval theme rather than futuristic.

[QUOTE=Arekkusu]Final Fantasy I [B]think[/B] means that the world that the game is set in, is under peril and that if the danger is not stopped, than everyones dreams and ideals will be destroyed. So technically it's someones Final Hope or Fantasy of saving the world and restoring peace.

IF that made any sense whatsoever lol

Yeah you can buy FF7 for PC on Amazon or even Ebay. I'm not sure on prices I used to remember it being £50. I really recommend buying it for PS. It's much smoother and more atmospheric IMO..

FF7 Is by FAR the best Final Fantasy out of the series. But that's my opinion lol. :D[/QUOTE]

I didn't know FF7 was available on PC!! :animestun

A story I heard, why the series is called "Final Fantasy", was because looong ago, when Square was on its last legs, they decided to do one last-ditch game in an effort to save the company. The named it "Final Fantasy" because they didn't think it would work. But, obviously, it took off, and they kept the name in honor of their attempt. :catgirl:

[QUOTE=Arekkusu][COLOR=DarkRed]Well I own all the final fantasy games in some way or another. By far FF7 is the best. The characters were just amazing, the plot was excellent, the graphics were revolutionary at the time and even the midi music rocked! :D

Second would have to be FF9. I liked 8 but the plot but I prefer the more medieval theme rather than futuristic.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

You own, correct. But did you play them all?

[quote name='Anime Pet][COLOR=DarkRed']A story I heard, why the series is called "Final Fantasy", was because looong ago, when Square was on its last legs, they decided to do one last-ditch game in an effort to save the company. The named it "Final Fantasy" because they didn't think it would work. But, obviously, it took off, and they kept the name in honor of their attempt.[/COLOR][/quote]

This story is indeed correct. The reason FInal Fantasy became so popualr is the simple fact that Nintndo 'over-avertized' the game when square enix (or at that time sqauresoft) "was on their last legs". And Anime Pet's so loooooong ago was about mid-80's early 90's. Here's a story of how Sqaure was saved \/

[URL=http://ffxi.stratics.com/content/info/history/ff1.php][COLOR=Cyan]Rescuing Square Enix [/COLOR] (click)[/URL]

hmm? Have I played them? Of course I've played them why would I own them and just leave them in my cupboard?

I sense someone has a problem with me liking FF7... :rolleyes:. All I can say is that you have your opinion, so do I.

Ahh and that explanation of Final Fantasy's name is alot better then mine. My mistake lol

[QUOTE=Arekkusu]hmm? Have I played them? Of course I've played them why would I own them and just leave them in my cupboard?

I sense someone has a problem with me liking FF7... :rolleyes:. All I can say is that you have your opinion, so do I.

Ahh and that explanation of Final Fantasy's name is alot better then mine. My mistake lol[/QUOTE]
No problem, i know u have your own opinion. And trust, i dont have a problem with that, it doesnt affect me in any way. All i wanted to know if you played them or not because some people could never get around to it. And i dislike when people state opinions when they havent played the games. Tu-che i f you did, though.

[quote name='TailTactics']No problem, i know u have your own opinion. And trust, i dont have a problem with that, it doesnt affect me in any way. All i wanted to know if you played them or not because some people could never get around to it. And i dislike when people state opinions when they havent played the games. Tu-che i f you did, though.[/quote]

That's alright. If you're referring to Kura-Chan then she didn't really put an opinion. She said they looked ok and only really commented on the one she plays. But, then again if you weren't talking about Kura-Chan then that's ok then lol. :animesmil

Just trying to clear things up ^^

[QUOTE=Arekkusu]That's alright. If you're referring to Kura-Chan then she didn't really put an opinion. She said they looked ok and only really commented on the one she plays. But, then again if you weren't talking about Kura-Chan then that's ok then lol. :animesmil

Just trying to clear things up ^^[/QUOTE]

No, what Kura-Chan did was state her opinion without playing the game. I am only referrng to you. Lets not get off topic, so PM me if you have anything else to say.