Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
Cowboy Bebop has the best music period... I love Yoko Kanno's voice and the music rocks. Also, the ending themes from InuYasha are ok, but girly.
I'm into punk rock, so Ready, Steady, Go! from FMA rocks it hard-core, as does Ride On Shooting Star from FLCL.

But, the thing with anime music, is that the music doesn't necisarily have to be good if the show itself is good. After listening to the themes before and after, you are conditioned to think of the anime whenever you hear the song. So: the songs obtain a certain form of nastalgic value (if I do say so myself)

Shout out to the Inu Yasha ending theme #6: [B]YOU S-U-C-K[/B]
Erm, forgive me... *cough* :animeswea
  • Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BakaGaijin
Posted
[COLOR=Red] Woo first comment on the boards. Ok. Well I think that whatever your favourite anime is, you kind of get attached to the opening or ending theme. I mean, is there an anime out there that you love, but you dislike their song themes? Well maybe, but overall i would have to say that Inuyasha has nice songs only because they are composed by my favourite groups/singers and also Gundam Seed. But there are so many. Whatever anime i like- I enjoy listening to their Song themes ^_^[/COLOR]
Guest inkagship
Posted
Hey a nice song from a anime is Full Metal Alchemist. That is Ready Steady Go! and ts a very cool rock song. :catgirl: I like catgirls!
Posted
Athough there's tons of anime that have great music, I'm heading a bit toward Kenshin being my favorite. Not only great opening/ending themes, but I love the background music too.
Posted
hmmm, some more anime that I didn't mention: The music from Big O (not the opening and closing, just the fillers) is awsome... then again I just love that Jazz :animeswea the Dai Guard opening is happy and care-free and VERY VERY catchy (Ba, ba ba ba, ba ba ba, ba ba BARARARARARARA)

sorry about the sudden outburst of rage at inu's #6 ending... It's just too.... happy. all the other themes are mellow and sometimes morbid (Fukai Mori: satnding in a deep forest hoping to reach the person you love, but you can't move... for eternity...) It's just what I've come to expect from Inu themes :animesigh
Posted
I think the best songs are from Peace Maker. (That must not surprise many people... :animeswea )

Anyway, The opening and Ending Themes for the series are Jrock songs from HAV. Also, some random themes they have in the episodes are really neat. Check either episode 1 or 3 for the song I'm talking about on Peace Maker. :animesmil

Anyway, that's just my opinion, I doubt many people agree with me... :animesigh
Guest darknight910
Posted
If anything, I love the music from Inital D. Espectally the music from the Intial D arcade games. I haven't put so much money in an arcade cabnet sence Soul Caliber II.
Posted
umm... i think that most of the gundam series have really good song.

full moon wa sagashite like enteral snow, myself, new future and smile are nice too.
Guest Ichimaru Gin
Posted
[COLOR=Red][SIZE=1][FONT=Verdana]I like all of Gundam Wing's songs and some of Bleach's songs, esp during battles. It's a must hear![/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
Posted
I love a hole bunch of anime songs but there are to many to name so I'm only going to name 4.
Opening theme (Fruits basket)
Opening theme (Pretear)
Believe (Gundam Seed)
Opening theme (S-cry-ed)
:frog: :frog: :frog:
Posted
Battlecry from Samurai Champloo not original but its still great. I love most Inuyasha Music. Cowboy Bebop has its moments.. FMA, Just about every anime has its "Song" And its great.
Posted
[COLOR=DarkSlateGray]Another rather intresting song that I have herd and slightly learned the lyrics to is D-Tecnolife (Or thats what im pretty sure its called) which is the second opening for Bleach. Im not sure what it is called but the opening theme song for Gundam Seed Destiny is also a very hypnotic tune that I can't seem to be able to get out of my head. These songs for me just seem to stick inside my brain, and even though there in jaanease, I can still repeat the entire song eventhough I have no clue whatsoever that im saying![/COLOR]
Guest YoriChan
Posted
I Love The Ending Theme Song For Inuyasha "every Heart"
Posted
This thread is a favorites/best topic like any other, guys, and that means backing up your choices with complete sentences is required--no ifs, ands or buts about it. It's the only way to keep threads of that type from degenerating into total spammage, so in the future try to do more than just naming a couple of shows or songs.

If this warning goes unheeded, I'm going to close the topic. In other words, please don't ruin things for everyone else.

~Dagger~
Posted
[COLOR=Red] A lot of anime has good music. Cowboy Bebop, Inuyasha, Full Metal Alchemist, Street fighter II V.... But my favorite would ne Ranma :rolleyes: The opening theme from the anything goes season is my all time favorite. :animesmil :animesmil ;) ;)
Posted
[COLOR=DarkGreen]Has any I herd the the sond Rewrite? its the forth intro of Fullmetal ALchemist thats a new favorite song for me also I like then outro of Case closed to really good to hear not over the top but really good [/COLOR] :animeswea
Posted
:D i like the music from DNAngel, final fantasy, angelic layer and maybe fruits basket. OH YEAH! i love all the music from ALL the hayao miyazaki films because they are all so touching! and i LOVE shunichi miamoto cause he's so hot and so cool at playing the piano...i saw him in a picture where he was playing the violin too! that's so awsum isn't it? :animesigh
Guest Momomiya Ichigo
Posted
Full Metal Alchemist has the BEST music. [I]Rewrite[/I], [I]UNDO[/I] and [I]READY STEADY GO[/I] rock. Also, Inuyasha has some good songs like [I]Come[/I] and [I]Shinjutsu no Uta[/I]. And of course, for any shonen-ai fans: Gravitation! A show nearly BASED around music! My favorite Gravi songs: [I]Blind Game Again[/I] from the show and [I]Shining Collection[/I] from the OVA, which was written by Eiri for Shuichi. Awesome!
Posted
[COLOR=SlateGray][SIZE=1]In my personal opinion, there are three shows that have music that truly goes above and beyond the call of duty, into just damn awesome. They manage to have soundtracks that are not only fitting for the show, but can be listened to stand-alone many, many times.

The first is the famous Cowboy Bebop - no "best music" thread would be complete without it being mentioned at least 10 times. Yoko Kanno is deservingly a greatly respected composer, and the Seatbelts manage to make the show rock from [I]Tank[/I] to the [I]Real Folk Blues[/I], with numerous hits inbetween, such as [I]Mushroom Hunting [/I] and [I]Stray Dog Strut[/I]. And let's not forget the Cowboy Bebop Movie themes, [I]Ask DNA[/I] and the ending, [I]Gotta Knock a Little Harder[/I].

Second is an equally well-respected show, FLCL (aka Furi Kuri, Fooley Cooley, et al.) The Pillows busted out rocking hit after hit during this six-episode acid trip, and their music really made it all the more enjoyable. [I]Ride On Shooting Star[/I] is one of the first J-Rock songs I ever learned the words to, and [I]I think I can[/I] is easily one of my favorite songs of all time - though that may just be because I've seen it in context.

Lastly is a show that's been woefully under appreciated in the music department, at least as far as I've seen. Naruto features amazing music, composed mostly by Toshiro Masuda. The background music, ranging from battle themes featuring electric guitars, shamisen, Japanese flute, and organ music, to the always amusing [I]Sexiness[/I] theme, is always top notch and really makes the show what it is. In addition, Naruto has had some of the best opening and closing scenes I've seen, with [I]Haruka Kanata[/I], [I]Viva Rock[/I], [I]GO!!! Fighting Dreamers[/I], and [I]Wind[/I] as just a few.

There are, of course, many other good shows when it comes to their score, but these three will always top my list of grand musical achievements. If you're looking for an OST to buy, try these three first - I promise they won't disappoint.[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Posted
Interesting, there are several anime shows that I think have excellent songs and music in them. I have always like the opening and closing music to Sailor Moon. Not the English one but the original Japanese song. And some of the orchestrated theme music for the different characters was good as well.

I also like the music to DNAngel. The songs are not only beautiful to listen to but the person who does the singing has a wonderful singing voice as well.

I also like the music for the X series. It comes across as a grand theme and the main villain has his own little segment that almost reminds you of jaws, as it is so recognizable that he is about to appear when ever you hear it. Almost a bit creepy actually.

And unless I missed it I am surprised that no one has mentioned the music used for the show Harlock Saga. It was the first anime show that had my full attention before the introduction had finished and the show had even started. It was the most powerful and compelling music I had ever heard in an anime before.

If you are not familiar with it the show is very loosely based on the classical opera ?Der Ring Des Nibelungen? by Richard Wagner. The opening music is from the actual opera and it is performed by the ?Moscow International Symphonic Orchestra? It may be an older anime but it is quite enjoyable.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...