OtakuBoards

Which animes have the best songs?

graysky07

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray]Well I think some of the openings for Naruto such as Seshihun Kyousoukyou, which was the fifth opening for naruto is very well done. The music in Tubasa Chronical is very intrancing. That music was also somehow related to the music in the .//hack series. Some of the opening and endings for bleach are also very amusing to me.

My absolute favorite would probaly be Seshihun Kyousoukoyu from Naruto. The beats and rythms in it just make you want to get up and dance to the beat . Well atleast it does for me... I dont care what anybody else says I still think that is one of the greatest anime songs that i have ever herd.[/COLOR]

For me I'd have to say I love the beat to[I] Reckless fire [/I] From S-cry-ed, [I]The angels cruel thesis [/I] from Neon Genisus Evangelian[I], Through the night [/I] from Outlaw Star and
the somber beauty of [I]Silent Wind [/I] From Argento Soma. Those are all great songs from respectable anime.

[COLOR=DarkGOldenrod][SIZE=1][quote name='sand dragon 19][COLOR=DarkSlateGray']My absolute favorite would probaly be Seshihun Kyousoukoyu from Naruto. The beats and rythms in it just make you want to get up and dance to the beat . Well atleast it does for me... I dont care what anybody else says I still think that is one of the greatest anime songs that i have ever herd.[/COLOR][/quote]You got that right, partner!

Seishun Kyousoukyoku's probably the best opening song I've heard of late. It's got everything a good OP song should have; gets your adrenaline pumped up for another Naruto episode, yeah?

As for animes with good songs, I'd say [b]The Vision of Escaflowne[/b]'s one of them. No surprise there; Yoko Kanno's the composer for the series, after all. Some are subtle while others are haunting ("Sora" for one, so is that choral [i]Eeeescafloooowne[/i] song) but none feels out of place. Greatly helps in setting the mood, IMO. Can't imagine how the series would be without those songs. [/SIZE][/COLOR]

INUYASHA, I love the Inuyasha songs." Fokai Mori" and "I Will" are the best. I just love them. Theirs a ummm Kenshin that I really like but i dont know the name of it. It's one of the opening songs. I love the opening song for Evangelion, and Saiyuki. Also I like the opening of Samurai Deeper Kyo. I love the opening and ending songs to Spiral. Oh, and Esca Flowne opening and ending. And more I just can't think of them.(lol).

Guest pinklettuceleaf
i love the inuyasha songs!! dearest, bojou, affetcions across time!
also the fruits basket tunes are great, love em all! ^^

[QUOTE=graysky07]Which animes have the best music?

I think Gundam Wing's white reflections and just communications are cool. I also like Rurouni Kenshin's heart of the sword . Gundam Seeds operner isn't that bad either[/QUOTE]

I like the opening songs to Samurai Champloo, Cowboy Bebop and Full Metal Alchemist.

The music used for Samurai Champloo really confuses people....they're all like "why would you put hipp-hop music for an anime like this?"

Well, the music really goes for Champloo. Nujabes,FatJon,FORCE OF NATURE,tsutchie did a really good job on the musical side for the show.

[FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=DarkSlateGray]Any anime soundtrack done by Yoko Kanno will be instantly brilliant. The soundtracks for [i]Cowboy Bebop[/i] and [i]Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex[/i] come to mind especially.

[i]Trigun[/i] has a pretty sweet soundtrack, a nice blend of hard rock jams and wild-western twangs. It's got the soul-achingly slow remorseful ones for the tragic parts, the goofy bouncy ones for the silly parts, and the screamingly distorted killer guitar riffs for the awesome fight scenes.

One of the best opening themes I've seen, however, was from [i]Wild Arms: Twilight Venom.[/i] It is the happiest, most soaring, most epic themesong I think I've heard so far. The series itself is kinda shmeh, and the ending themesong is garbage, but the opener kicks.[/COLOR][/FONT]

Cowboy Bebop has the greatest soundtrack ever of anything that ever was and likely what will be. No arguement there.

Ghost in the Shell's opening is pretty damn cool. Does anyone have the lyrics for it? It doesn't sound Japanese exactly. The English bits are obvious, but the rest of the song I'm having some trouble figuring out which language they're singing in (is it French, perhaps? Latin?).

L'arc en Ciel and T.M. Revolution are my favorite J-Pop artists, so it's no surprise I really liked "Ready, Steady, Go!" on FMA and "Invoke" on Gundam SEED. Also, although it isn't really anime, I always found Puffy AmiYumi's "Teen Titans" song (as well as the bizarro "Larry" version) amusing.

[quote name='lumpy3922']INUYASHA, I love the Inuyasha songs." Fokai Mori" and "I Will" are the best. I just love them. Theirs a ummm Kenshin that I really like but i dont know the name of it. It's one of the opening songs. I love the opening song for Evangelion, and Saiyuki. Also I like the opening of Samurai Deeper Kyo. I love the opening and ending songs to Spiral. Oh, and Esca Flowne opening and ending. And more I just can't think of them.(lol).[/quote]
ya dearest iz good so iz fukai mori...rurouni kenshin iz good 2...that song...from t.mrevolution..same with gundam SEED!!!Tamaki nami iz the best!!!go for the soundtracks people!!!like me!!and sing along...!!!do~ushite kono chiisanatede~lalalala-gundam seed...find the way..

[color=navy][size=1]Whoa, there! Before you continue posting, please take a moment to note that OtakuBoards places a strong emphasis on clarity. I'm afraid this post doesn't quite merit that adjective. In the future, please avoid tossing in useless misspellings ("iz"?) and try to adhere to the basic rules of grammar, punctuation, and so forth. Complete sentences are a must. Thanks!

- Dagger[/size][/color]

@EVA: It's not French, and I'm pretty sure it's not Latin. For some reason Russian came to mind when I was looking at the non-translated subtitles, but I know zilch about Russian, so I'm not really sure why I thought of it.

... Actually, looking at the booklet that came with the first OST, the parts of the lyrics that aren't in English appear to be written in Cyrillic. Maybe my guess was right after all, haha.

[b]Fafner[/b] has some of the best orchestral music I've heard in any anime. I read an interesting interview with the show's composer in which he stated that he had set out to write music that wouldn't sound typically anime-esque. I think he succeeded; Fafner's background music would work equally well in an epic live-action film. Its vocal music (most of which was done by angela, an excellent J-Pop band) is also superb and very addictive.

So far angela has produced no less than six songs specifically for Fafner. Here's how I would rank them: Shangri-La, Separation, Fly Me to the Sky, Dead Set, Proof, Hana no You ni.

[b]Revolutionary Girl Utena[/b] features truly unique choral pieces which really suit the bizarre & surreal atmosphere of the show. Kunihiko Ikuhara (Utena's director) has said that his favorite part of making the series was getting the chance to work with J. A. Seazer, the composer of all the duel themes (and believe me, there are a ton of them). On a slightly different note, I'm in love with Toki ni Ai wa, the gorgeous J-Pop style song that plays during the dancing scene in the Utena movie.

Also, mad props to all of the musicians who contributed to [b]Samurai Champloo[/b]. The enka song that plays during episode 14 is unforgettable, but excellent vocal songs can be heard during later episodes as well.

~Dagger~

Cowboy Bebop is my pick. Every time I hear the music it brings tears to my eyes. How the blend of jazz and blues goes perfect with the series. I love it when [spoiler] Spike jumps from the cathedral window (episode 6 or 7 i think). The music when he's falling is so perfect. Also the remix version of 'Real Folk Blues' in the last episode, when Spike charges into the syndicate, is PERFECT. I have almost all the soundtracks for Cowboy Bebop. Not only are the main songs great, but even the background music is beautiful.

Now Samurai Champloo is also original. The DJ disc scratches (or whatever you call them) just flows with the battle scenes. The ending song is also pretty **** cool.

ah, anime songs! i love the music from .hack//SIGN and Haibane Renmei. my favorite one overall would have to be Rakuen Fanatic, from DNAngel. creepy song, creepy lyrics. love every minute of it. if it comes down to the artist, i think ill have to go with Yuki Kajiura, who did some/most(?) of the .hack//SIGN music, and music from Noir and MADLAX

Ahh someone said [B]FLCL[/B] already but I truely love the pillows. I would like to own their every cd simply because they are amazing and their music really helped FLCL if you ask me. I love that anime but the music, that was something that made you instantly want to hunt down the OSTs for. Every song is good. Literally. Moon is Mine and Hybrid Rainbows are my two picks for now.

[B]Cowboy Bebop[/B] is another good choice for the sheer atmosphere that the jazz and rock, plus the softer things, set. It was able to increase tension and I truely think it was a mix of the song and ending that actually made me cry, not just the end itself. The Real Folk Blues of course is everyone's suggestion but with a good reason. Although that music in the Faye's Past series of episodes was wonderful.

No one has said [B]DNAngel[/B] yet but I'm going to go ahead and say it. I own the OSTs and love all the songs, especially the vocal ones. Krad's vocal is amazing and the opening and ending themes are all just as good. Yasashii Gogo being one of my favs.

Lastly I'm glad Dagger mentioned [B]Fafner[/B] because while I haven't been able to see the anime, my obsessed friend has sent me the music. It's brilliant, I'd love to see it in the actual scenes. She also hooked me on Angela because of it. Those are my music picks.

[COLOR=DarkGoldenRod][SIZE=1]
[QUOTE=Dagger]@EVA: It's not French, and I'm pretty sure it's not Latin. For some reason Russian came to mind when I was looking at the non-translated subtitles, but I know zilch about Russian, so I'm not really sure why I thought of it.

... Actually, looking at the booklet that came with the first OST, the parts of the lyrics that aren't in English appear to be written in Cyrillic. Maybe my guess was right after all, haha.[/QUOTE]Right on the target!

[CENTER][b]I am Calling Calling now, Spirits rise and falling
Soboj ostat'sya dol'she...
Calling Calling, in the depth of longing
Soboj ostat'sya dol'she... [/b][/CENTER]

[i]"Soboj ostat'sya dol'she"[/i] translates to "To stay as myself longer", so says animelyrics.com. A mixture of English and Russian, yeah? Origa, the lyricist of [b]inner universe[/b] and [b]Rise[/b], is Russian. If you slur your speech well enough, ORIGA will start to sound like [b]Olga[/b], a pretty common Russian name.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Hmmm. Which Animes have the best songs?? That's a tough one. Gundam Seed has great Music by Nami Tamaki and T.M. Revolution, but Inuyasha also has great voice like Boa, Ayumi Hamasaki, Dream, and Do As Infinity.. Then again, there is the awsome music composure of Yoko Kanno who does music for Ghost In the SHell:SAC, Cowboy Bebop, WOlf's Rain, Etc. SoooOoo, can't choose one, so there's a few just from the top of my head. ^_^

Guest Canti-chan
FLCL has the best soundtrack of all time ever! the music by The pillows just gives it the perfect mix of atmosphere and good fun, it's one of my favourites.

I have to agree with the people who are saying 'the pillows'. If you want something light and fun, anything from FLCL definently fits.

For anime themes, I must say 'Through the Night' from Outlaw Star and 'Just Communication' from Gundam Wing. And, has anybody mentioned Witch Hunter Robin? 'Shell' and 'Half-Pain' are phenomenal--the former having a bit of an edge and the latter sounding very moody.

Also, 'Lilium' from Elfen Lied. It sounds like something out of a hymnal to me, and you don't hear that often in an anime.

You can't ge wrong with anything by Yoko Kanno. My personal favorite from her happens to be 'The Real Folk Blues',however, 'Gravity' from Wolf's Rain is also nice.