OtakuBoards

Which animes have the best songs?

graysky07

Guest Rudy"Jubei"Yagu
the one and ONLY best anime theme song is the opening of Dai Guard....and anyone who has heard it will be able to sing it ( or at least hum a few bars)....

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest maska2000
i love the songs from angela, she sang all the songs in fafner in the azure and stellvia, i also like the opening song of Genshiken i think it was "my pace Daiou" by manzo

Personally I feel that Evangelion has some of the best music. [I]Thesis of the cruel angel[/I] fully deserves the title of worlds greatest anime song.... ever (in my oppinion). the lyrics themselves are true brilliance as far as I'm concerned. and the music behind them just amkes you want to watch the show, if only to hear that song one more time.

Evangelion's other music is worthy of note aswell, personally, i feel that evangelion's music is all brilliant.

[I]loyalty[/I] from excell saga I think is a brilliant song as well, it just makes you want to sit there, noddding your head.

[Ipoemii no destunii[/I] deserves a mention simply for its WTF?!? value.

• 1 month later...
I love Yuki Kajiura's music for 'Noir'. The operatic/gothic vaguely-rock-like style I found captivating, and I own the first soundtrack. I've seen little anime, but in 'Noir' at least, my favourite songs are 'Canta Per Me', and the awesome (try listening to it with headphones) 'Salva Nos'.

Kajirua also did music for 'Aquarian Age' (has [I]anyone[/I] else seen that?) and bits for 'Mai HiME'.

The 'Jazz' style of Yoko Kanno's 'Cowboy Bebop' is very good too. I like what I've heard of the music in 'Gravitation', but have yet to actually see that series.

My favourite anime [I]theme[/I] at the moment is 'Eden', the theme to 'Yami no Matsuei'/Descendants of Darkness. Creepy. Even better alongside the opening credits.

[QUOTE=sand dragon 19][COLOR=DarkSlateGray]Well I think some of the openings for Naruto such as Seshihun Kyousoukyou, which was the fifth opening for naruto is very well done. The music in Tubasa Chronical is very intrancing. That music was also somehow related to the music in the .//hack series. Some of the opening and endings for bleach are also very amusing to me.

My absolute favorite would probaly be Seshihun Kyousoukoyu from Naruto. The beats and rythms in it just make you want to get up and dance to the beat . Well atleast it does for me... I dont care what anybody else says I still think that is one of the greatest anime songs that i have ever herd.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Definitely! Naruto's Seshihun Kyousoukoyu makes me want to be a ninja. Childish huh. :animesigh

[quote name='Astraea]My favourite anime [I]theme[/I'] at the moment is 'Eden', the theme to 'Yami no Matsuei'/Descendants of Darkness. Creepy. Even better alongside the opening credits.[/quote]
Right on. Regardless of my quibbles about the show itself, Yami no Matsuei has a smashing opening sequence, and Eden suits it perfectly.

Noir's OP theme is done by [b]Ali Project[/b]. I don't exactly worship them or anything, but they've come up with very catchy OPs for a number of series, including Avenger and both seasons of Rozen Maiden.

For some reason I tend to mentally associate them with [b]Can/Goo[/b]--maybe because both groups have a pretty unique sound. My favorite Can/Goo songs are Kao and Shirushi, both from Meine Liebe. But I also have a soft spot for Oshieteageru, the Doki Doki School Hours (Sensei no Ojikan) opening.

Anyway, if you really love Yuki Kajiura, you might want to watch (or just grab the soundtrack for) [b]Le Portrait de Petite Cossette[/b]. I can't totally vouch for the quality of the OVA itself, but the score she wrote for it is just fantastic. I also recommend [b]My-Otome[/b] (also called My-ZHiME; it's the new My-HiME spin-off). She does some pretty crazy stuff--such as making the battle themes even more overtly operatic than usual. People have said that the My-Otome battle music reminds them of Salva Nos. :)

~Dagger~

Guest kuroinuyoukai
I like Inuyasha's "Dearest" and "Fukai Mori". I can't understand the words just yet, but it makes me sad. I also like Sesshomaru's theme song(I forget the name). It just sounds a little creepy to me. :catgirl:

[QUOTE=Qman1]I like the opening songs to Samurai Champloo, Cowboy Bebop and Full Metal Alchemist.

The music used for Samurai Champloo really confuses people....they're all like "why would you put hipp-hop music for an anime like this?"

Well, the music really goes for Champloo. Nujabes,FatJon,FORCE OF NATURE,tsutchie did a really good job on the musical side for the show.[/QUOTE]
I agree all the way and i also like the naruto and s-cryed intro ....Sounds nice!

Guest HitomiChan
[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=1]for me, the best theme is the Cowboy Bebop. All musics from this anime are great, but the best of the best is the opening the movie. I don't remember who sing, but listen! The Vision of Escaflowne have the opening song great too.
Well, i LOVE this anime... i don't need to say that, right!? :rolleyes:
hehehehhe

ps: i just learn english yet, so, i can't write right. Sorry folks. :animecry: [/SIZE] [/FONT]

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=2][FONT=Times New Roman]Well I must admit the the new theme songs for both naruto and bleach are pretty doog. I would say the names of them If I was able to get the songs :animecry: I just like the rythem to them and would download them at the slightest hit of there full versions...

Another song that I have found myself randomly attached to was the main intro for Black Cat. I just thinks is so funny how the intro and the ending contrast so much. The intro is all dark and lonely like while the closing is happy cat faced fun! ^_^

Yet another one is the intro for the recently ended Gundam Seed Destiny. I like alot how the Animation and the song blend so well together. Like right when you reach a perfect transition word in it there is a big explodion of energy feathers...cool aint it?[/FONT] [/SIZE] [/COLOR]

• 2 weeks later...
Sadly enough. I only know Yoko Kanno. I like any and everything done by her. (If you can tell me all the songs she did, I'd go get try to locate them right now ^_^)

In any case. I haven't heard all of it. But I've heard majority of Cowboy Bebop's soundtrack. I must say it is the best that I've heard thus far. It calms me down so to speak. Then again, all the anime songs I have calms me down. I can also say this about most of the songs in Ghost in the Shell: SAC.

Now I may not care much for Inuyasha, but I will give credit where it is due. I found the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th ending themes very catchy. Very relaxing.

For some odd reason I've also found myself liking the intro and outro themes to Vandread. (1st Stage) I can't give an explanatioin about this one..... Just catchy I guess.

Well, obviously Gravitation, I mean it's an anime about music, how can it not rock (pardon the pun)? Those songs get stuck in my head so easy, especially Sleepless Beauty.

On the other side of the spectrum, the classical scores of Last Exile are phenomenal. I can listen to the O.S.T.'s all day long.

[quote name='Starwind]For me I'd have to say I love the beat to[I] Reckless fire [/I'] From S-cry-ed...[/quote]

I'm not sure why, but "Reckless Fire" always reminds me of "She Bangs" by Ricky Martin! It's like the Japanese version or something.

I love the music from Inuyasha. I have the "Best of Inuyasha" CD, and it's truly fantastic! I would also buy any one of the O.S.Ts for Cowboy Bebop. I like Jazz and blues a lot.

Guest darkruler
i like reckless fire from s-cry-ed, bomb a head from tenjho tenge, alot of the inuyasha songs,and the full metal alchemist beginning theme

I have to say Inuyasha, i just love the songs "my will" and "every heart" hell i love em all, but i have to say Inuyasha has the best...but then again i have not seen many anime's sooo i wouldnt really know! FMA has some good ones too.