NeoCactuar Posted November 28, 2001 Posted November 28, 2001 What did you name your characters/ Gfs in all the FF games you got? I seem to always use their proper names except for one time in 7 when I named Cloud, Spike. It was so wrong I had to reset my game strait away.
coolkam007 Posted November 28, 2001 Posted November 28, 2001 i usually keep the names.. unless i'v already beatin the game.. then i just screw around.. ^^ and in that case usually name them after friends :)
NeoCactuar Posted November 28, 2001 Author Posted November 28, 2001 Lol, after i clocked FFVII once i named all the characters "...". Lol, it was so confusing.
RicoTranzrig Posted November 28, 2001 Posted November 28, 2001 Mostly, I kept the names...but second time around...since most FF's have some kind of love-bits in them...I used my real-life name and my G/F's name...
NeoCactuar Posted November 28, 2001 Author Posted November 28, 2001 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by RicoTranzrig [/i] [B]Mostly, I kept the names...but second time around...since most FF's have some kind of love-bits in them...I used my real-life name and my G/F's name... [/B][/QUOTE] What? So you named your characters after your Gfs?
RicoTranzrig Posted November 28, 2001 Posted November 28, 2001 Er...I didn't mean Guardian Forces...I meant my GirlFriend...so bacically for FFVIII I would have named Squall me and Rinoa my girlfriend...
DeathKnight Posted November 28, 2001 Posted November 28, 2001 [color=crimson]I always name the main char Ken lol... and leave the rest as... their normal names[/color]
SephirothNIN Posted November 28, 2001 Posted November 28, 2001 Hmm...same with me I leave the characters alone, because otherwise when you talk to people and they say "Aeris blahblahblah" or "I think cloud's a blahblah" u have no clue what they're talking about, heh. When you have to name your character like in...FF...5 or something, I usually just put Mike (my name), well in FF5 I put Butz but that's different. I don't know, I don't want my friends to be carrying swords in FF games and saving the world >=\.
Sephiroth Posted November 28, 2001 Posted November 28, 2001 the first time I play through a game, I always keep their original names, its the second time that I sometimes change them....
NeoCactuar Posted November 29, 2001 Author Posted November 29, 2001 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by RicoTranzrig [/i] [B]Er...I didn't mean Guardian Forces...I meant my GirlFriend...so bacically for FFVIII I would have named Squall me and Rinoa my girlfriend... [/B][/QUOTE] Oh, sorry bout that...
Andrew Posted November 29, 2001 Posted November 29, 2001 I don't know how many times I've done FF7. I've changed their names so many times............ I recently started playing again and Named after DBZ Characters. So far I got Cloud as Vegeta Barret as Krillen Tifa as Bulma and Aeris as Chi-Chi On FF8 I always leave the names the same
Guest Voodookanaka Posted November 29, 2001 Posted November 29, 2001 the only time I didnt really call them the same names was the first time on FF7, I freaked when I saw cloud cos he looked just like me so I called him marko
conpiracymonki Posted November 29, 2001 Posted November 29, 2001 [b][u]FFVII[/u] Cloud-AJ :p Aeris- Aeris Tifa- Tifa Barret- Marde (basically,...'mad'..with a weird accent :rolleyes: ) Red XIII- Red Yuffie- Girlie (lil brothers are hazardous to health) Vincent- Vampire :D Cid- Mr. Pilot (seriously) [u]FFVIII[/u] Squall- AJ2K1 Rinoa- Rinoa Selphie- Selphie Quistis- Quistis Irvine- Irvine Zell- Zell [u]FFIX[/u] Zidane- Brolly Garnet/Dagger- Dagger Vivi- Mac Steiner- Bob (s[i]ooo[/i] funny when they call him 'Adelbert Bob' lol) Freya- DOIK! ('!' included) Amarant- Red Eiko- Eiko In Chrono Trigger I called everyone by the same name, apart from Crono, who was called 'AJ' And in FFIV, I called Cecil Odin, and Kane (sp?) Cain...[/b] [SIZE=1][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]closed some tags u left open--kuja Cool! I can write like Kuja! lol...thanks man--AJ2K1 4 Life[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
GinnyLyn Posted November 30, 2001 Posted November 30, 2001 [COLOR=chocolate]I remember one time in CT, I named Ayla Azala by accident--I didn't realize why the name sounded so familiar until Ayla faced against Azala and the Black Tyranno. Much funny. As far as normally naming charas the first time I play something, I usually named the guy chara after whoever I like at the time (usually changes by the end, heh), the main girl is me (>_< imagine my shock when Aeris died the first time), and whatever comes to mind the rest of the time. It's kinda funny how the charas named after peeps I know act totally different. Usually when I get to know the charas of an RPG well, I name them their REAL names (Ie: Glenn-Frog, or Nanaki-Red XIII) or after peeps in my life they resemble: IE-Barrett in FF7: heh, I got a boss at Chili's who looks and acts EXACTLY like that man! Only diff is that Ron (my boss) is of Hispanic descent (even though he doesn't even know a word of Spanish, but he'll cuss you out if you try to point that out to him. :rolleyes: ). One time, Ron busted his right arm pretty bad, then I overheard him joking something along the likes of amputating it. I had to bite my tongue to keep from telling him to graft a large gun into it--he'd probably try it! Most recent FF7 thingy: Cloud-?Ken, I don't remember >.< Tifa-Cera Aeris-Ginny (I never learn :p) Yuffie-DJ Barrett-Ron Cid-Kuja Red XIII-Nanaki or Pyro Vincent-Geoff Cat Sith--GundyCat [/COLOR]
Kuja Posted November 30, 2001 Posted November 30, 2001 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by GinnyLyn [/i] [B][COLOR=chocolate] Cid-Kuja [/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE] [SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]um... im honored... i think... but y on earth did u name it after me... he didnt wear this damn thong!!!![/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
NeoCactuar Posted November 30, 2001 Author Posted November 30, 2001 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by kuja [/i] [B] [SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]um... im honored... i think... but y on earth did u name it after me... he didnt wear this damn thong!!!![/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE] Lol, Damn right he diddn't. Cid was a tough man.
Shy Posted December 1, 2001 Posted December 1, 2001 [SIZE=1]This may sound lame, but i name mine after house hold appliances like toaster, fridge, washing machine, etc...[/SIZE]
NeoCactuar Posted December 1, 2001 Author Posted December 1, 2001 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Shyguy [/i] [B][SIZE=1]This may sound lame, but i name mine after house hold appliances like toaster, fridge, washing machine, etc...[/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE] LOL! Where did you get that crazy idea?
Kuja Posted December 1, 2001 Posted December 1, 2001 [SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]tifa-blow dryer ;)[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
Shy Posted December 1, 2001 Posted December 1, 2001 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by NeoCactuar [/i] [B] LOL! Where did you get that crazy idea? [/B][/QUOTE] [SIZE=1]I don't know, it just came to me in one brief moment of sheer genius. I guess I am just cool like that.... or a complete psycho. [/SIZE]
Flash Posted December 1, 2001 Posted December 1, 2001 I always call someone 'Lasuko' ...Don't know why... But I do believe the greatest name [I]ever[/I] for Aeris would have to be 'That *****' ...heh heh heh 'We have to save That *****!' Heh heh... Other than that, I leave the names the way they are...
NeoCactuar Posted December 4, 2001 Author Posted December 4, 2001 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Final_Flash [/i] [B]I always call someone 'Lasuko' ...Don't know why... But I do believe the greatest name [I]ever[/I] for Aeris would have to be 'That *****' ...heh heh heh 'We have to save That *****!' Heh heh... Other than that, I leave the names the way they are... [/B][/QUOTE] Heh, i'm playing a game right now, with Areis called That *****, heh.
conpiracymonki Posted December 4, 2001 Posted December 4, 2001 [b]BTW,...not that it matters, but the ***** is a 'w' word,..not the 'b' girl-dog one...[/b]
Nerdsy Posted December 5, 2001 Posted December 5, 2001 [SIZE=1][COLOR=royalblue] These are all my second go's at the games... Cloud-Nured Tifa-Jade Barret-Mestil Cid-Captain Yuffie-Yuffie (accidently kept her name) Vincent- Carl Red XIII- Nanaki Aeris-Chiclit Cait Sith- Tai Rone Squall- N-Man Rinoa- Angel (the A is in symbol form) Zidane- N-Man Steiner- Rusty Dagger- Dagger (soon to be Sarah) Vivi- Silcne Armarant- Mestil Eiko-..... I don't remember. Freya- Trya Quina-... I don't remember. [/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=purple] [FONT=courier new]N-Man, signing off.[/FONT] [/COLOR]
sia Posted December 6, 2001 Posted December 6, 2001 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by RicoTranzrig [/i] [B].....named Squall me and Rinoa my girlfriend... [/B][/QUOTE] hehe i did that....cuz rinoa looks like my GF (girlfriend) and Dagger....well, her real name is not Garnet til Alexandrios...its actually sarah....and ummm that is my GF's name....so that was just very freaky....i mean....i actually dropped my controller....i was thinking, damn she looks just like my gf....then BAM i go to edelion wall, and her name is sarah The way i found out Dagger's real name was the Edileon wall thing....
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now