OtakuBoards

Ghosts...

ChibiSaki

[COLOR=Plum][FONT=Comic Sans MS]okies.do you think ghosts exist?for me i dunno.i mean if you think about it,its not totally ridiculous.i mean dead souls unable to rest wandering watching...its believable.i know so many other even more ridiculous things.and i think a part of everyone thinks they do exist.i mean when people walk past in a dark places all alone more or less they get the creeps.like cemeteries and other ominous places.

and then there are those telivison shows and books that say that their real life ghost stories...i just dunno what to think.tell me what you all think.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[QUOTE=ChibiSaki][COLOR=Plum][FONT=Comic Sans MS]okies.do u think ghosts exist?for me i dunno.i mean if u think about it,its not totally ridiculous.i mean dead souls unable to rest wandering watching...its believable.and i think a part of everyone thinks they do exist.i mean when ppl walk past in a dark places all alone more or less they get the creeps.like cemeteries and other dark places.

and then there are those tv shows and books that say that their real life ghost stories...i just dunno what to think.tell me what u all think.[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

I wonder why people think that ghosts would hang out in cemetaries???

Think about it, if the dead are somehow fettered to whatever unfortunate event caused their death, they would logically be found near or around their deathplaces. Who dies in a cemetary?

[font=Trebuchet MS]Welcome to OtakuBoards, [b]ChibiSaki[/b].

Here we place emphasis on high post quality, and, while you're certainly better than some, the lack of spaces and overuse of abbreviations like 'ppl' distract from the actual content of your posts. Your content is of great quality from what I've seen - cutting down on the abbrev. will allow people to see that.

Any questions? Try the Rules or FAQ (located in the left sidebar) or feel free to PM me or one of the other Moderators.
[/font]

First post text.
[QUOTE=Drix D'Zanth]I wonder why people think that ghosts would hang out in cemetaries???

Think about it, if the dead are somehow fettered to whatever unfortunate event caused their death, they would logically be found near or around their deathplaces. Who dies in a cemetary?[/QUOTE]

[COLOR=Plum][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Thats true im just saying cemeteries are creepy places.buried underneath are skeletons and dead bodies.so its likely to have some affect towards the way you feel.and i wasnt saying that it was the only place ghosts can b found.there are others dark ominous places.like abandon homes, hospitals, and ecetera.

anyways thanks for replying!^^[/FONT][/COLOR]

Edit: Second post text
[QUOTE=Raiyuu][font=Trebuchet MS]Welcome to OtakuBoards, [b]ChibiSaki[/b].

Here we place emphasis on high post quality, and, while you're certainly better than some, the lack of spaces and overuse of abbreviations like 'ppl' distract from the actual content of your posts. Your content is of great quality from what I've seen - cutting down on the abbrev. will allow people to see that.

Any questions? Try the Rules or FAQ (located in the left sidebar) or feel free to PM me or one of the other Moderators.
[/font][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=Plum][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Thanks for the welcome Raiyu-san.
and ill try not abbreviating so much.ive just gotten used to it.but if its better not to.than i wont.ill go correct it right away.sorry for causing you trouble.and thanks for the warning. ^^[/FONT][/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Raiyuu][font=Trebuchet MS]Welcome to OtakuBoards, [b]ChibiSaki[/b].

[/font][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=Plum][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Thanks for the welcome Raiyu-san.
and ill try not abbreviating so much.ive just gotten used to it.but if its better not to.than i wont.ill go correct it right away.sorry for causing you trouble.and thanks for the warning. ^^[/FONT][/COLOR]

((oops i double posted. -_- i didnt know it would be like that.im so sorry!!!>.< ))

[COLOR=SeaGreen][B]EDIT : [/B] I've merged your two posts togher. Please just use the edit button to delete your double posted reply and edit it into your previous post. I believe you understand these rules, but if you have any questions, feel free to PM myself or any other moderators. - [B]Stuart[/B][/COLOR]

ghosts? Maybe, maybe not. The only thing I think really exist are demons. If you've ever gotten the creeps from an everyday ordinary object (say, a toy truck) chances are that it's a thing of PURE EVIL and that you should purify it. Or burn it. Either way, demons exist and there's no denying it.

On a more serious note: graveyards don't creep me out, and I don't see what there is to be afraid of. Dead people OOooOOoo. If you are afraid of dead things, then why don't you freak out over a hamburger? The only thing that creeps me out are Moderators... :animedepr :animeswea :p

[COLOR=DarkRed]Ghosts, Demons, Satyrs, all the rest of em, superstitious mumbonutbo. No truth in em. People see what they wanna see. They go into a place that's supposedly haunted, they hear a sound (Like a sound you hear everywhere) and all of a sudden OMGSHZORZ IT'S A GHOST! RUN AWAY! and in the confusion they think they saw some kind of light which the human imagination turns into a ghost. S'all bull. [/COLOR]

[SIZE=1]I don't know about demons, but I kind of believe in ghosts myself. I doubt they would hang out in a cemetery (I mean why would you want to hang around a place of rotting bodies?) and like Drix said, be around the place of their death. I only find this in cases where their soul can't rest and if they feel they left something behind. It's a touchy subject with me. I'd rather think of them not existing, if I hadn't experienced a paranormal experience myself. But for the time being, I'd say yes ghosts exist. Demons? No. [/SIZE]

[B][COLOR=#DC9B99][SIZE=1]Ilium, that's a funny way of thinking, you know. Not all people here are below 13 years of age to believe there's a ghost just by hearing a sound in a haunted house.

Ghosts do exist. Although, I haven't seen one, a lot of people I know has seen them. They didn't have to lie to me for any reason so I believe them. One of my friends have two ghosts in their house whom they welcome because the ghosts take care of the house.

In my religion (and I dunno if I believe it or not), ghosts are not the souls of the dead. They are demons pretending to be the souls of the dead. And they're evil no matter what form they take.[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[QUOTE=Hevn][B][COLOR=#DC9B99][SIZE=1]Ilium, that's a funny way of thinking, you know. Not all people here are below 13 years of age to believe there's a ghost just by hearing a sound in a haunted house.

Ghosts do exist. Although, I haven't seen one, a lot of people I know has seen them. They didn't have to lie to me for any reason so I believe them. One of my friends have two ghosts in their house whom they welcome because the ghosts take care of the house.

In my religion (and I dunno if I believe it or not), ghosts are not the souls of the dead. They are demons pretending to be the souls of the dead. And they're evil no matter what form they take.[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]
[COLOR=DarkRed]
The human imagination works in a funny way. If you went into a deep, dark, scarrrrey woods in the middle of the night and heard some noises and the like you'd probably think nothing of it. But if before hand your told by a lot of people (Like some of those TV Shows) or somthing like that that there are ghosts there definatly, those little noises aren't little noises anymore. The human imagination is a funny thing, it'll blow things out of preportion just because it wants to believe it's true - I know this doesn't apply to everyone but to a lot of people it does, and those are often the ones who speak out about ghosts. Othertimes it's just people making up stuff to get attention: who really knows.

Imagine you were in a dark underground complex of some sort. You hear a sort of scrapeing sound but can't figure out where it's coming from - the walls distort the sound and it sounds kind of like a groan. Than lets say there's a window that lets in a little bit of light - this light reflects off of somthing and you catch it out of the corner of your eye at a difficult angle. Now your disconcerted. That noise again - but it's not the same noise, it's definatly a groan this time. You swallow hard. You start to run. Adreniline takes over - wait, what was that light; no time to explore now. You keep running and by now your scared out of your skin.

Moral of the story? Simple things under certain enviroments can really change how they're percieved. Hey, maybe I'm making this up - maybe it's only an explination for some of the ghost sitings and maybe it explains all of them, I don't know. But it's how I like to think of it.

BTW, if your religion believes in ghosts that's fine. What religion is it? I'm just curious because Pacific religions always intrested me but I never really got into them.

Ah, just thought of somthing. If all ghosts are evil than why do two ghosts take care of your friends home?[/COLOR]

All very good points...I think it's a matter of who thinks what,I mean there are some who don't believe it,some who do,and some who devote their whole lives to discovering the truth,is there really a truth? We all have different veiws and opinions,there is not one right way. I think perhaps they do exhist,and perhaps they don't...I mean if they do,it's not like they are going to suck our souls,if they are wandering souls...but hey just my view! (^.~)v

[CENTER][B][COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=1]I think Ilium has a good point...the human mind is a wonderious...and yet imaginative tool. I myself am a psychology teacher...it's the same principle as multiple personalities...any kind of memory...fear...or teaching can manipulate ones mind to manifest those aspects of the mind into a physical/emotional form.

I do believe in a soul...and that some die in horrible ways...but I myself have not experianced such an incounter with a ghost. Sure I've felt scared at some point...thinking that shadows are moving...or voices etc. etc...but I have not 'seen' anything.

There is something known as the spiritual realm I believe. Where there is a world unseen to us where ghosts/souls reside...where...if you are a Christian or spiritual follower...'spiritual warfare' that goes on between angels and demons. And like in the bible...other documented events where people are in fact possessed...that these things come to life.

So is it real...who knows for sure...no form of science can explain such things. I think only by ones faith in reality can really determine this. No one can downplay anothers...cause there is so much 'evidance' on both sides. You choose...just by your own understanding.[/SIZE] [/COLOR][/B][/CENTER]

[COLOR=Blue]Lets see.. Ghost and Demons do exist but thats my opinion but of coarse there must be some sort of apparation*dont know how to spell that* in the world.. And if you watched those movies about exorcism and such sort those things really have happend. there just putting it in movies to give you a point of view that ghost and demons do exist in this world and we just have to live with it :animesigh :animestun :animeswea [/COLOR]

Sorry if theres misspelling :animesmil

I neither believe nor don't believe in the existance of ghosts. I believe it to be possible. But i also believe that there's a reasonable explanation for most every ghost sighting, it just might be hard to find one.

A couple of my friends have had a good number of ghost experiences. I really enjoy listening to the stories. But there's no proof that it was a ghost. So i'm skeptical. But the stuff that happens is pretty bazaar, so i wouldn't be too surprised if i one day found out that it was indeed ghosts.

Haha, i don't like waterbeds. I was lying in one one night. I wasn't moving or anything at all. And all of a sudden the water bed moved as though somebody had struck it between my legs, and then again beside my left leg. It freaked me out. That's the closest i've ever come to a ghost encounter. But i'm still skeptical, haha, ya never know!

Later.

[SIZE=1]Interesting, most interesting.

Personally I don't put any faith into the concept of ghosts or other supernatural apparitions, well except for angels but there are certain circumstances around which I will actually believe someone has seen one. As Ilium has said I think a lot of people who claim to have seen a ghost are simply giving in to an overactive imagination. When someone believes they are going to see a ghost, their mind will often ignore evidence that what they see and hear is no more supernatural than gravity.[/SIZE]

There's alot of different explanations for these things you see both scientific and spiritual. I really don't know much about these sorts of things. Alot of my friends would put their entire fortune in a bet that ghosts are real.
I believe on some sort of otherwordly spirit that can move about the world. I mean, there's way to many people claiming they've seen the supernatural for something we don't know about to not be there.
Angels and Demons are real but maybe not in the same sense that we think they are. Alot of people look at these words and think of human type figure which either favors good or evil with their appearence. And they very well could. Heaven and Hell and all this stuff about people's conciousness going there after death I don't believe in. It's like they just want to have a perfect Earth. It's all dream.
Ghosts could be those stuck ion purgatory trying to escape. That's just one of many theorys. Although some time ago the Catholic church denied the existence of Purgatory and was using it to control the people of their religion.

It's really complicated and alot of people want to find the truth. Well the truth is that you can't find your answers in this world. There's no way to find out either. If you want to believe in something that's fine. It's better than not believing and living a dull life. Just don't put money down for it.

Personally I believe in ghosts. About two years ago I saw a woman with a blue aura in my house. It scared the living crap out of me but it's what I saw. There wasn't a person in my house, it wasn't my mom, etc. I don't know what to think it was, ghost does answer it. You can say I was seeing things but she was there for several minutes before going through the wall. I've also heard our heavy door open, slam, open, slam randomly.

But these are just some of the things that make me believe in them. My mom believes in them too because of things she's seen. I think it has a lot to do with your mindset though. I don't hear a noise and think 'omg ghost' but I'm open to the notion.

[QUOTE=Ilium][COLOR=DarkRed]
The human imagination works in a funny way. If you went into a deep, dark, scarrrrey woods in the middle of the night and heard some noises and the like you'd probably think nothing of it. But if before hand your told by a lot of people (Like some of those TV Shows) or somthing like that that there are ghosts there definatly, those little noises aren't little noises anymore. The human imagination is a funny thing, it'll blow things out of preportion just because it wants to believe it's true - I know this doesn't apply to everyone but to a lot of people it does, and those are often the ones who speak out about ghosts. Othertimes it's just people making up stuff to get attention: who really knows.

Imagine you were in a dark underground complex of some sort. You hear a sort of scrapeing sound but can't figure out where it's coming from - the walls distort the sound and it sounds kind of like a groan. Than lets say there's a window that lets in a little bit of light - this light reflects off of somthing and you catch it out of the corner of your eye at a difficult angle. Now your disconcerted. That noise again - but it's not the same noise, it's definatly a groan this time. You swallow hard. You start to run. Adreniline takes over - wait, what was that light; no time to explore now. You keep running and by now your scared out of your skin.

Moral of the story? Simple things under certain enviroments can really change how they're percieved. Hey, maybe I'm making this up - maybe it's only an explination for some of the ghost sitings and maybe it explains all of them, I don't know. But it's how I like to think of it.

BTW, if your religion believes in ghosts that's fine. What religion is it? I'm just curious because Pacific religions always intrested me but I never really got into them.

Ah, just thought of somthing. If all ghosts are evil than why do two ghosts take care of your friends home?[/COLOR][/QUOTE]
[B][SIZE=1][COLOR=#DC9B99]As I said, there's no reason for the people I know who have seen them to lie to me. They don't need my attention or any special attention for that matter. Young people's imaginations are playful when it comes to bizarre things and I said not all people here are under 13 years old to believe a shining light and a sound equals a ghost. Anyway, I respect your opinion if you don't believe in ghosts.

I'm not here to defend my opinion, nor my religion. I said in my post I'm not sure if I believe what my religion believes or not. It's a complicated and personal story and I'm not getting into it.

Oh, and my friend don't share my faith so there's really no point in trying to find a loophole with what I said in my post.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

• 2 weeks later...
I have never believed in ghosts and I have yet to see anything to convince me otherwise. I do agree with Ilium that quite often the human imagination works in funny ways. It?s easy to explain a mysterious sound away as being a ghost.

I know that a while back my parents kept hearing a strange sound coming from the basement and it only seemed to happen at night. For what ever reason members of my family are superstitious and wouldn?t go check it out. It got on my nerves how they were telling the neighbors that our house was haunted.

So I went down one night and checked it out. Turns out that it was one of the water pipes and that the reason it only happened at night was that was when the sprinkler system ran. It was the pipe outside next to the foundation and the valve was wearing out so it would make a weird noise when switching sections while watering.

I suspect that a lot of other things mistaken for ghosts actually have a real reason behind the light or noise. Till later.

My opinion on ghosts is pretty, well, wishy-washy. Let me explain.

[b]Ghosts don't exist.[/b]
As many people have already mentioned the human mind can play tricks on you. If you are someplace unfamiliar, in the dark and alone...any noise you hear could be a ghost or other form of unknown being. I think many people like to believe there are ghosts since it gives them something to believe in for what happens to us after death. If some people become ghosts after their mortal shell passes away then the spirit of someone can "live" on forever. Knowing your loved ones don't just stop being but move on to another realm, for instance, become a ghost/angel or move on to some sort of afterlife is comforting to some people.

Ghosts can also work as a warning to be good in this life. I'm sure we have all heard about tormented souls wandering the earth, never resting because of some tragic or evil thing that caused their end. Jacob Marley anyone? We all want to be good so we don't end up like him!

People also can use ghosts as a scapgoat for anything they can't explain. There was a funny noise, my keys are gone and now they have shown up some place I know I didn't put them...must have been a ghost! When you can't explain it, just blame it on a ghost.

[b]Ghosts do exist.[/b]
As I mentioned before there are just things we can't explain. Many times in our history there have been things that have been explained though science. There are also many things that have not. Ruling out the existence of ghosts, aliens or other forms of life on this planet or entire universe is a bit too closed minded for me.

I have a "ghost" story I have not been able to find an explaination for. My dad had gone out to pick up dinner. His sister was visiting from California. While my dad was out my mom and aunt stayed at the house. At around 7:30pm there is three firm knocks at the front door. My parents house is a ways out of town in a very rural area. Visitors always call since it's a pain to drive out there and find out no one is home. It seemed a bit odd to have a visitor and my aunt made mention to make sure to check out the window before opening the door.

My mom looked out front and no one was there. Thinking maybe it was their dog wagging his tail and hitting door she went looking for him. He was out the backyard napping on the back porch. He always barks when someone drives down the long drive way and he didn't even wake up which was strange. While my aunt and mom were trying to figure out what was going on they got a phone call.

My mom's sister called and said their older brother died at about 7:30pm that night. My mom thinks it might have been her brother's spirit saying goodbye. If it were just my mom who heard the knocks I would have thought it was just her imagination, but my aunt heard it too. The timing was really bizarre between the knocking and my uncle's death. Who knows. It just seem really strange set of events all at the same time.

[b]Ghost do/don't exist for sure![/b]
I don't know. I like keeping an open mind to the idea of the supernatural. One day someone might be able to explain it, true or false, it is an interesting subject to think about.

[size=1]Now, I'm gonna sound contradictory, but [b]I do not believe in ghosts.[/b] However, I do believe in demons and angels. It's more personal religion than anything else, but...

I don't believe a soul can wander the earth. Once you die, you go to Heaven or Hell - that's my idea of the afterlife. I think that, like Ilium said, is a figment of one's own overactive imagination in a dark, dank complex with zero visibility. Then, when there's some sort of glimmer or distortion in what you see, which could be logically explained by any number of things, you think it's a ghost; mostly because you want to believe it is. *shrug* Most people are gonna quote me now and say they're pretty indifferent to the idea of ghosts, but they've seen one. I think it's subconscious. So there. =P

Heh. As for demons and angels - demons and angels don't really mess around with human lives too much.[/size]