OtakuBoards

Why Anime grabs you?

Guest gooase719

I think anime grabs me because i like how the art is and the music used sets it apart from American cartoons. The main reason why is that a lot of the animes have a complicated purpose, and they usually don't try and teach you something by the end of each weapon but in the entire series.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest loving_kagoma
i think its amazing ^.^ :catgirl:

dose anyone like inuyasha ?

[color=navy][size=1]I merged your two consecutive replies. In the future, please don't double-post. Thanks.

- Dagger[/size][/color]

[quote name='Metal Paw][font=trebuchet ms][size=2][color=purple]Oh...ok...cool. I'll see if I can find someone who has them and watch them and if I like, I'll buy. But, yeah, anime usually only comes with three on a disc.[/color][/size'][/font][/quote]

OK. Here's a good website with information on JLU:

[url]http://www.worldsfinestonline.com/WF/jlu/[/url]

Guest neko221
I like anime because the way it's done. The style, eyes, coloring, I just love everything about anime. I can't think of how to describe it.

Guest Akilamo
I like anime simply because it's different. Its colorful, exotic, vivid, and I love the way they are drawn especially when the graphics are really good. Its also interesting because sometimes some anime shows dont have a point to the story and it kind of leaves you hanging and you have to figure it out yourself at the end. :catgirl:

• 3 weeks later...
I like anime coz the art's so flexible. You can make different anatomies. And what attracts me most is their eyes, no other style can put an effective impact other than anime, especially the females. It's not only the eye, but also the hair, anime has revolutionized hair style. Look at those long hair, not just straight, but with style. That's why i just hooked up into drawing anime style and nothing else.
And yes, the soundtrack.
I'm just wondering, why compare western animation to our oriental one (the anime), it's obvious that anime is much sweeter! Western animation, say the ones derived from the marvel comics, the appearances are somewhat mature and lacks sweetness.

Guest Angel Of Dawn
Anime "grabs" me because most of the stories are quite original, and have many references to Japan's culture (making it more interesting cuz I'm in Canada). Also, therer are many different characters and personalities in just one series, so it usually doesn't get dull. Also, the choice of music is pretty good too.

I've only just started to pay attention to anime, and already I'm liking quite a bit :)

[SIZE=1]I enjoy anime for the same reasons that I would enjoy a movie or a novel: intriguing plot, interesting and well-developed characters, a solid script (or writing, in the case of novels), etc.

I don't like every anime I watch, just as I don't like every movie I watch or every book I read. At its core, anime isn't any different from other forms of entertainment.[/SIZE]

[COLOR=Red]i enjoy anime because it's actually has a plot unlike those cartoons on Cartoon Network and stuff. and in the end of the episode sometimes they would just leave it as a cliffhanger when something cool is about to happen until the next new episode of it comes on. then it makes you want to watch it again to see what happens next. and the way the animes looks different from cartoons. they look a lot better and more colorful and they give the characters and the environment more details. but what i like most about anime is the action. there aren't many cartoons with action and fighting in it. [/COLOR]

[quote name='cherry blossom4][COLOR=Red']i enjoy anime because it's actually has a plot unlike those cartoons on Cartoon Network and stuff. and in the end of the episode sometimes they would just leave it as a cliffhanger when something cool is about to happen until the next new episode of it comes on. then it makes you want to watch it again to see what happens next. and the way the animes looks different from cartoons. they look a lot better and more colorful and they give the characters and the environment more details. but what i like most about anime is the action. there aren't many cartoons with action and fighting in it. [/COLOR][/quote]

I find it ironic that your avatar is of Azumanga Daioh, a show which goes against all of the statements made in your post (don't get me wrong, I love Azumanga, but certainly not for the purposes of plot amd action).

[COLOR=DarkRed]Because the animation looks so much more real than American cartoons and they range anywhere from futuristic sci-fi to feudel era Japan demon hunting. They're all so original, and can take place where ever the human imagination takes them. They don't need to be deep and meaningful, they can have no plot whatsoever (like BoBoBo-Bo-BoBoBo.) Not to mention that it's addicting.
They also have every genre under the sun: some are more realistic than others, but they all have a twist of fantasy (to some degree.)[/COLOR]

Anime got me because it has action, adventure,romance,comedy,drama, and ninjas.lets not forget my o so favorite samurais yay!!! and i cant leave the demons out or else they'll get me (lol j/k i can take them all......i hope :animedepr ) Sometimes i with my life was an anime cause nothing exciting happens in my life. I would kill to be in Ketaru's shoes from Love Hina. Or a kick butt samurai like Jin. Not to menchen a space cowboy like spike or the power to use alchemy. That would be awsome.

[quote name='EVA Unit 100']I find it ironic that your avatar is of Azumanga Daioh, a show which goes against all of the statements made in your post (don't get me wrong, I love Azumanga, but certainly not for the purposes of plot amd action).[/quote]

[COLOR=Red] :animedepr oh...that? it was just the first thing i could think of when i was chose my avatar so...yea. :animeswea but azumanga daioh is the only anime i watch that has no plot in it. oopsie...kinda off topic. [/COLOR]

what atracts me to anime is the fact that its
beautiful art and colors that you cant get from the u.s's
dum cartoons

it draws you in and leaves you there till the veary end
thats one good cartoon :catgirl:

:animestun you have got to know that every anime lover knows that

Is hard to put into words. We all have our own reasons for liking anime just as we all have our own favorite anime.

Anime has come in and out of my life as I've grown up. I think what finally got me hooked again and turned me into a real hardcore anime junkie was the movie Spirited Away. When I saw it in the theater, I was completely blown away. Never in my life had I ever seen a more beautiful work of art. I think I was actually moved to tears, to be truthful. To me, there have been very few things that I can say in all honesty are truly beautiful as well as inspiring. It fueled my interest in writing and art again because of the way that movie brought different elements together like music, art, and writing to blend and mold into one awesome movie. (I hope that makes some sense.) I wanted to be able to touch another person on so many levels(hopefully more than one person though) like that movie touched me.

So I guess you can say, I like the emotions and feelings and ideas anime can arouse in a person. Which I don't think anybody has mentioned yet. To put more simply, the messages these animes send out to their viewers can be good lessons to be applied in our daily lives, not to mention good sources of encouragement for females young and old. There's tons of animes starring strong, cool female heroines. In American cinema, women rarely have taken the lead as a strong hero except in the horror genre, as I once found out. And if you research this, you'll find that the plots of some of the most famous horror movies were taken from traditional fairy tales and myths, the very same sources for a lot of anime. Which brings me to my second reason for why I watch anime. There's so much of it! They are so many different genres of anime that anyone can surely find one that he or she will enjoy.

[quote name='Ayane/Angel'] :animestun you have got to know that every anime lover knows that[/quote]

No. Because there are many US cartoons that are better than a lot of the crappy animes out there. And an anime has to be Fullmetal Alchemist/Grave of the Fireflies quality in order to make me cry.

[quote name='DNAngel360']3.some anime people are hot and anime is a great thing to watch i just love anime and people who don't like anime have no imagination[/quote]
No imagination..... That's a pretty bold assumption. Really, I watch anime (not all) and I have no imagination. (I'm as dull as they come)

Just because people don't like animes doesn't mean they don't have an imagination. If they choose not to like it, then let it be.