OtakuBoards

Traveling???

Hinata

[COLOR=blue] I wanna travel the worl some day but I'm not sure where to go...ppl give me some good places I could go...tell me how it is there..was things can I do there that'll be exciting?? Is it worth the money to go there.....

So far here's my list....(in random order)

Tokyo
India
China
Australia
France
England
Hawaii
Brazil
Switzerland
Kenya
South Africa
Egypt
...and many others I can't name...

So give your opinions...shoot you can even put your travel list up here..... [/COLOR]

[color=deeppink]This topic excites me :excited: I love to travel.

[b]Places I have been:[/b]

*Australia
*France
*Spain
*Germany
*Switzerland

[b]Places I really want to go:[/b]

*Italy
*Kenya
*Buenos Aries (ugh, spelled that wrong probably)
*Pretty tropical islands that would make pretty photographs
*I want to go back out west...to Colorado and Cali...and I want to make it to Wyoming.

Yeah, there's so many more places I can't think of right now. And of course all of those places I've been, I want to go back to some day ;)[/color]

me...when I graduate from high school....I am going to travel all over...I want to see the world...I want to see the different cultures of the world...I also want to see what I am good at in the world...I know a few things...but traveling...should give me a better idea then sitting around at home will...so my travel list is....

Places I want to go
------------------------
The World
OuterSpace
Moon/another planet (least likely of the three although not entirly impossible)

[SIZE=1]Oooooh, Outer Space!!! I [i]really[/i] wanna go there, though, that's not really in this world, more outside of it :p Hrmmm... I'd saaaay, Australia, lol. You could probably have some good fun there, I know I could, but then again I could have fun with anything anywhere...except here, dont ever come to Omaha[/SIZE]

[color=crimson]I want to go to...

Asia
Australia (errr... spelling... Australia... hm.. is that right? Bleh...)
Amazon Rainforest
England
France
Italy
Spain
Mount Everest
Japan! (Really really wanna go to japan...)
Korea (Personal Reasons...)

Places I've Been:

Uhhh... Mexico... -____-
Errr.... no where else.... o___o'![/color]

i've been to a lot of places you can get to by hitchiking. i've only been out of the country twice, though. places that are the priority: scotland (to the land that once belonged to the macaiodhs) & australia. i think i might wind up moving to australia. places i'd like to go if i get the chance: amsterdam, japan, mexico, the himalayas. actually, the himalayas are a priority, too. i want to meet a guru.

Don't just stop in Tokyo, go all over Japan. Visit the different cities, see all the different mountains, and the numerous temples, too.

Hit up Scotland and see the Highlands

Go see all the cool German castles

I'd avoid Australia if I were you. Nice place, yes. But also home to about 1/3 the world's total population of venomous creatures.

Alaska is really beautiful in the summer time.

So's British Columbia (Canada)

And I know the economy's in the crapper now, but I've always wanted to see Russia....

[QUOTE]i'm gonna hafta drag chris and jimmy along.. ^^[/QUOTE]
Oh sure, leave me all by my lonesome. Fine, I don't need you! I've got everything I could possibly want right here in the MIDDLE OF THE COUNTRY! :p *hugs Stacy*

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Stormbringer [/i]
[B]But also home to about 1/3 the world's total population of venomous creatures.
[/B][/QUOTE]

[color=crimson]Living in Texas i'm use to venomous things...

Snakes... Spiders...

Western DiamondBack RattleSnakes... Copperheads... Etc...[/color]

I can reccomend France, it's really beautiful, the people are nice and the food is great :tasty: Sticking on the mainland, Amsterdam is (I think) the coolest place to hang out in Europe, but I guess that depends what you're into :D . If you like rugged natural scenery then Scotland or Wales are great places to visit. I visit there to paint a lot and it may be a bit chilly compared to a lot of holiday spots but the views and the hospitality of the local people more than makes up for it. I've never visitedd egypt myself, but my best freind went on a diving holiday there and had an amazing time, even though loads of the local men kept trying to buy her hand in marriage lol :laugh: must be all that red hair.

Last summer, I went to Spain, France, and Italy, and right now I can tell you the BEST out of those three was Spain. It's a beautiful country and the people are so hospitable. The food is amazing. I would recommend Barcelona, that is a stupendous city. Don't go to France. Sorry if any French people see this, but people in France were very rude and obviously didn't like Americans at all (sorry to contradict you Videl lol, but since you're English I think you're accepted quicker than I am). I was only in Paris though, can't say that for the rest of France, but Paris was unhospitable, dirty (they let their dogs crap in the streets!) and just not the most fun experience I've had. Italy was good, I visited Rome and Floerence, but in Italy I saw just as many tourists as I did Italians, so...... (but Italy did have the best food out of the three!) Definately Spain is worth it though.

I love travelling!!
You meet new people, talk to them, learn about their language, culture, and so on.
But what's best is you get to...
RELAX!
Damn, I need a break.
I'm going to France for skiing in Feb, and Germany for...stuff...
Can't wait!
I love going on holiday!
I wanna travel round the world, and I wanna live in Japan for a year when I'm older

I've never been outside the US, although I have been to different states. For some reason-I don't know why-I've [i]always[/i] wanted to see like, Ireland, Scotland, England, that area. And I've also always wanted to see Sweden. I think it's because of these books I read when I was like, 7 or 8. The main character's family were from Sweden and they immagrated to America in like the early 1800's. Anyway, I guess that's where the stem of my wanting to see Sweden lies. Other than that I'd travel anywhere, new experiences are almost always good. But I don't have any other particulars in mind.

[B]
I'd avoid Australia if I were you. Nice place, yes. But also home to about 1/3 the world's total population of venomous creatures.

[/B][/QUOTE]

Thats only if you go out in the bajillion square miles of the Outback... which NO ONE goes to unless you are the Croc Hunter or an aboriginy (sp?)

But the cities are really beautiful, or so James says... and they have gay parades in Sydney I think... regardless I would absolutely LOVE to go to Austrailia.

Other places:
Japan
Kenya
Italy
Alaska

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Nothing674 [/i]
[B]Don't go to France. Sorry if any French people see this, but people in France were very rude and obviously didn't like Americans at all. I was only in Paris though, can't say that for the rest of France, but Paris was unhospitable, dirty (they let their dogs crap in the streets!) and just not the most fun experience I've had. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]Well, I had this huge message typed out before I got stinkin kicked offline and lost the entire post, SO...I'll keep it brief.

Basically, I'm not even French and I'm offended by that...slightly...but that's probably because I bias towards all French things...the food, people, the country itself. I love French, and more importantly, France. I will agree that Paris wasn't all it's cracked up to be with the City of Love crap, but the monuments in that city are so incredibly amazing! You have to give it credit for that...(Though, I admit, I would much prefer to spend my days in Annecy, France, a gorgeous mountain side city in the French Alps.)

As for Spain...:drunk:. I absolutely [i]hated[/i] Madrid! It was loud, crowded, had horrible drivers...and you think the French are rude? I had this lady shove me (literally) out of her way in a shoe store just so she could look at some shoes...:therock: Also, in Seville, two males in their 20s passed our tour bus in a car and proceeded to [b]flick us off[/b] because we were American (it said that we were an American student group where it was visible to those outside of the bus.)

Though, I WILL admit that I loved Barcelona, it was the only Spanish city that I could enjoy myself in...er, no, I guess Toledo was pretty cool too, but I liked it for its beauty and peacefullness.

In closing, I guess I'm just saying that you didn't get anywhere outside of Paris, and you can't form any opinions based on Paris alone, because all big cities are rude...just like Madrid and even New York. (Chicago doesn't count, they're a friendly-midwestern city.) Yet I got outside of Paris, and while they WERE rude in Paris, outside of the city they were quite welcoming :)

France is beautiful, you should get back there some day and visit places other than Paris ;)[/color]

[B]

Oh sure, leave me all by my lonesome. Fine, I don't need you! I've got everything I could possibly want right here in the MIDDLE OF THE COUNTRY! :p *hugs Stacy* [/B][/QUOTE]

.. i was going to put you too.. ^^;; but i forgot your real name.. lol.. is it.. steve? .. i'll take stormy and stacy along too.. :)

¬.¬' dammit.. sorry.. bad habbit.. a's tend to slip in whenever i try to type steve.. i dont know why.. maybe its just the way my fingers move then i'm trying to type steve.. (.. i had to edit this twice.. just to take a's out.. ¬_¬)

well... well.. ^^;; .. ... -__- sorry ... *hugs* .. forgive?