OtakuBoards

Samurai Kyouran [PG-13::LV]

Katana

[center][img]http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/2210/samuraikyouran5sk.jpg[/img]
[size=1][i]"It has so little backbone, how could it not succeed?"[/i] - Katana, five minutes ago
[/center]

[color=navy]It was in the countryside of eighteenth century Japan that it happened. Various people that had taken up the ways of the sword were set to lead a rebellion against the world. They stood for the blade and the cold justice it brought.

They weren't there as killers. They weren't there as politicians. They weren't there to start a war, although they wouldn't mind it.

They were destined to fail, and they knew they would.

But the fact that they could push forwards and never look back, the fact that they could slaughter without care or feeling, the fact that they were determined to change things kept them going on.

However, before they are set to meet their deaths, mishaps and adventures take place. Murderers from the past, second thoughts about the future, and hopes for the present appear, form, and occur.

The gathering of these warriors spreads either like fire or like mud through the Japanese countryside. Communications cease when it comes near to Edo or any large city - afterall, these warriors can provide quite the entertainment. Why want them locked up?

This event quickly became known as the frenzy of the samurai, or samurai kyouran. Wherever these people went, [i]something[/i] or another was left in the wake. Bodies, lovers, prosperity, fights - it all happened sometime or another.

They weren't the high-and-mighty, politically backed samurai. These were nothing more than vagrants.

Now is your chance, samurai. Will you pick up the blade and join this band of warriors, or hide off into the shadows? The choice is yours. Just remember...you're almost set to make a difference in the country.

[center]***[/center]
[/color]

[color=royalblue]What is the kyouran? Why now?
Samurai Kyouran basically translates as Samurai Frenzy, or anything along those lines. This idea came to me a long while ago, around the end of May or so. - -;; The simple background image had been marinating on my harddrive for that long as I tried to come up with a plot.
Anyways...

In the course of Samurai Kyouran, you will portray one of the warriors that has joined the band of fighters. Any and everything is up in the air. Yes, all of the characters [i]will[/i] die in the end, which is probably a first for an RPG...at least, what I know of. The only thing I'm designating that you cannot kill off your character whenever you feel like it. If you lose in interest in this, at least PM me first before having your warrior meet the Reaper.
I do have a final plan (if this even gets [i]that[/i] far) as to how kill the characters; don't worry. Heh heh.

Sign-ups will go like this:

[b]Name:[/b] Asian preferred, because you really wouldn't find a group of Europeans joining a rebellious samurai group.

[b]Age:[/b] If you don't give an age, at least give us a range. Minimum age is 15.

[b]Height:[/b] Self-explanatory

[b]Appearnace:[/b] Description or image. At least give a nice mental image.

[b]Weapon:[/b] Nothing outside of Asia, that's the only rule. Obviously, no guns.

[b]Personality:[/b] Try and vary from one another. We don't need five moody people against one easy-going guy.

[b]Other Info:[/b] Anything you feel the rest of us need to know. This can range from a past to a random factoid. You get the general gist of it all.

I'll post my info after some others to see if this is worth continuing. I have high self-esteem! = =;;

[b]Last Words of Advice:[/b] Think...Samurai Champloo.
[/size][/color]

Name: Matsuo

height: 6'1'

Appearnace: wears a dark-red outfit. has black hair that goes down to his shoulders and also has black eyes.
weapon: [URL]http://www.swordsofhonor.com/daza.html[/URL]

Personalty: Does not talk like a normal person would, but speaks when he must speak. his only family member his his sister, Ai. Has he searches the land for his sister, he joins up with samurai kyouran to improve the search for his lost sister.

Name: Hiro Kenichi

Height: 5'7

Appearnace: [URL=http://img352.imageshack.us/my.php?image=swordsman1rn.jpg]Hiro[/URL]

Weapon: Dai Katana (two handed katana)

Personality: Hiro is a tough renegade whom doesnt take no for an answer. He will strike at any foe whom insults him.

Other Info: Hiro learned the way of the samurai at the age of fourteen. ill leave his past for later in the rp :-p

Name: Anno Nekori

Height: 5'9

Appearance: wears a blue robe and has a medium build. He has a scar streaking from is forehead to his left cheek. Has short black hair. His eyes are a light green and he has lightly tanned skin.

Personality: he has a personality unbefitting of a samurai. Very humble and calm, not above helping the elderly and playing with children. To the causual obserever he would appear out of sorts with a weapon like a Dia Katana on his back. Even in combat he seems very calm and merciful, but the scar on his face beakons something different.

More info: He loves to sleep in trees. He's also secretive, but noone seems to quetion why since he seems so innocent. He seems almost submisive when something is demanded of him, but he's quick to divert himself if he feels it is wrong or not worth doing. People love and hate him because it's hard to tell what he means, is he serious or not. The villagers who meet him sometimes think hes and idiot or bandit since he doesn't seem like your typical bushido samurai, but if asked he will declare that he is. He only ever talks of the future and ignores the past as he tries to avoid it. To this day, noone has ever seen touch the sword on his back, he never takes it off even when he sleeps with it. Just the same he won't allow anyone else to touch it. Many claim it's for show, but then why such a heavy weapon? There are many mysteries to him that most seem uninterested in simply because he's so harmless, but where did he come from is the one question that lingers on everybodies mind. Where did he come from and where is he going?

Name: Auska

Height: 5' 2"

Appearance: Below

Personality: She is very gentle. She hates to fight, but will defent anyone she feels needs it. Wether it be a grown man, or a little child. Normally, she hates guys that hit on her, but there are times which she could care less.

Weapons: A long bow that she keeps strapped to her back, and a short sword that she uses as a close weapon.

Other: She grew up as a preistess. She is very skilled with the bow, dead aim at about a hundred yards. She felt that she needed to learn some type of defense if soemthing happens.

While growing up with her master, she learned how to tell who was good and who was bad by the way they acted and talked.

Name: Kaishuda Morium

Height: 5'11

Appeareance: he has dark blue hair and green caring eyes and semi tan skin he wears a dark green robe and blue pants white on the bottom with sandels and he wears a black wristbands

Personality: he is a up beat person who likes to make jokes and play around he fights because he is out of work and always is looking for some fun likes to play around with his opponet and get under there skin

weapon(s): to knives tied to chains connected to his wristbands

More info: former circus performer his fighting style combines acrobatitics with swordmanship

dang't you first two stole my weapon.

Name: Koske

Height: 5'9"

Appearance: Below

Personality: Doesn't back down from a challenge at all. Likes to casue as much chaos and confusion to the enemy as possible.

Weapon: below

Other info: A pirate on the run. Lost his crew during and battle and his ship sank. He was the only one alive and swam to shore.

[SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed][RIGHT][B]Name:[/B] Nari Song
[B]Age:[/B] 28
[B]Height:[/B] 5?6?

[B]Appearance:[/B] A bit taller than average for an Asian woman, Nari is on the thinner side, with graceful limbs. Her complexion is pale for the most part, unless she is doing something physically active (such as combat), where she will get a small red flush across her thin cheeks. She has fine features, but one would never mistake her as weak ? her face has high, strong cheekbones, her nose is slender, and her eyes are beautifully slanted. She is elegant, graceful, and carries herself with a quiet assurance. Long locks of dark hair streaked with gray are always swept up in a braided, graceful up-do. Although she wears drab colors like most of the common folk, her outer shawl is a bright scarlet, making her easy to pick out; Nari favors dramatic colors.

[B]Weapon:[/B] Along with a simple katana, wakizashi, and tanto, Nari carries a ring of shinais, as well as her specialized ?Meteor Hammer,? a length of rope tied at each end to a smal, densel metal projectile.

[B]Personality:[/B] Very practical and realistic, Nari has no patience for those who make the same mistake twice, or are victims of their emotions. She believes that everything in life is a decision that one makes, and that events that happen to us are consequences, whether or not we understand. Because of her practicality, Nari can seem harsh at times, but it is not her intention - she is only trying to do the best for others, and sometimes can overlook the need for compassion. She finds attaching emotions, such as love, to be impractical, and tries to avoid things she has no control over.

[B]Other Info:[/B] Born in Korea, her family moved to Japan when she was four. Other than that, Nari?s past is not known, except for the fact that she was disowned by her family. She is known for her signature bright scarlet color that she likes to wear.[/RIGHT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=DarkRed][LEFT][B]Name:[/B]Sani
[B]Age:[/B] 16

[B]Personality[/B]: Quiet most of the time. When someone steps in her face she'll go all out. She is tough and hard to open up. She is mostly a loner. She does things on her own that most of the time get her in trouble. Even though she is some what of a bad quiet girl, when she finally does open up, which doesn't happen alot, she could be that best friend you ever want.

[B]Height:[/B]5'5"

[B]Appearance/Weapon:[/B][URL=http://www.kids-station.com/minisite/real/yougo/img/351n.jpg]Sanie
[/URL]

[B]Other Info:[/B] Born in some what of Asia, Sani lived a life on her own. Mother was an artist and her father a bussiness man. Something happened to parents that is unknown to anyone except for Sani. She never speaks of them. What happened in her past could be the reason why she's a loner.

Anything else PM me.
BlackTigerGurl :catgirl: [/LEFT][/COLOR][/FONT]

[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][size=1][color=green][b]Name:[/b] Shin Kamekuro[/color][/size]
[size=1][color=green] [/color][/size]
[size=1][color=green][b]Age: [/b]23[/color][/size]
[size=1][color=green][b]Height:[/b] 5'7"[/color][/size]
[size=1][color=green][b]Appearance:[/b] The first attachment is Shin in shinobi garb which he wears under a simple black kimono, without the mask unless needed. The second attachment is he looks under the mask[/color][/size]
[size=1][color=green][b]Weapon:[/b] The weapons in the picture; Two Kame and chain, a ninja blade, as well as several kunois.[/color][/size]
[size=1][color=green][b]Personality:[/b] On a normal day Shin could be mistaken for an average guy, he enjoys a good laugh just like the next man, and he is rather social. Though it may not seem like it he is contantly aware of his surroundings, which proves usefull to him. He is very respectful and not one to pick a fight though if provoked will end up fighting. He openly shows his emotions surprisingly, but he never lets them get in the way of what needs to be done. One thing is for sure though, he can be a killer and will not hesitate to do so when needed. This aspect of him is cold, calculating and never leaves loose ends.[/color][/size][/font]
[size=1][color=green][/color][/size]
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][size=1][color=green][b]Other Info: [/b]Shin was raised into a small clan of shinobi and trained as they were trained. It wasn't a happy life so to say, but he was content with it. Though it was not meant to last for his clan was wiped out by a band of samurai. Shin had been away from home, in the forest as usual at the time. He did not mourn at the loss, he kept the emotions inside for a good part of the years that followed, though it is somethng he has been able to come to terms with over time as he has learned to express his emotions. [/color][/size][/font]

Name:Sabishii

Height:5'9

Appearnace:He has a plain face with fierce, seemingly black eyes. His hair is jet black, long and unkempt, and hangs freely. He usually wears simple dark blue clothes.

Weapon:He primarily uses bojutsu(bo staff), although he is somewhat skilled with wakazashi and kunai.

Personality:He always puts up an emotional wall, is very rough most of the time, and seemingly uncaring of others feelings. He is very independant, and likes to be taken seriously.

Other Info: He is always trying to become stronger, mentaly and physicaly, and has been wandering from village to village since he was 12.
More often then not, he has to resort to thieving to survive, much to his chagrin. He was taught how to use a bo staff when he was 14, in return for doing several months of chores.

edit: I just realised this was my first post. :animesmil Hi.

[size=1][color=royalblue]Holy moo, I forgot to put in gender. God am I scatterbrained recently. I blame school. = =;;
Sorry for the delays. I didn't expect this to be so, err, popular. But since I don't want a large group, I will have to be a little selective in those to be actually participating in the actual role-play. Whatever you posted, I will be judging you on that.
Try not to hate my guts if you don't get chosen. There are some people that I see would really like to do this, and others that just seemed to be "blah".

-------

[b]Name:[/b] Tasogare Namiko (Namiko Tasogare)

[b]Age:[/b] 21

[b]Height:[/b] 5?5?

[b]Appearance:[/b] A complexion of light tan, like a taiyaki pastry. Her face is sharp at the chin but soft on the edges, adorned with two clear eyes ? one navy, the other, hazel. It?s unknown as to just why her eyes are different colors, but they?re pretty cool. Stringy black hair, shining blue in the light sits on top of her head, extending to just below her chin but with long side bangs reaching her shoulder blades.
Namiko has a lithe but strong figure, blending in flexibility and strength equally. For traveling, she wears a dusty cerulean kimono, patterned with diagonal stripes (going from left shoulder to right hip). However, she doesn?t wear the traditional female kimono, but instead, the male/fighter kind. The skirt is a mere off-white. A blue phoenix ascends up the side of the right leg.

[b]Weapon:[/b] Butterfly Katana ? a sword with the hilt in the middle and a blade on each side. It?s designed to be used with one hand, but also to be strong, so the user must have arm strength. This slows Namiko down when she isn?t quite putting her heart into a battle.

[b]Personality:[/b] The body of an adult, the heart of a teenager, and the mind of a philosopher. She?s a tomboy, hating to wear overly cute/nice/pretty clothes, swears, and likes her sake. She likes to joke and have fun, but is one of those ?the glass is half empty? people for the mere fact that half of her drink is already gone. Despite being a fool sometimes, Namiko?s quite intelligent, but doesn?t really like to show it off ? she only uses it when necessary. Whatever one thinks of her, she?s probably the opposite.
One strange thing is that she isn?t shy of hitting on men. Her mind is set on getting married one day, but to a guy that will be her partner, not her ?master?. The ideal man for Namiko is someone cute but at least above average in smarts, with a cheerful personality, but not one to be afraid of taking charge. Of course, that?s a little too much to hope for, but she isn?t giving up yet.

[b]Other Info:[/b] This girl has so many sides to her, she might as well be several different people. Namiko can come off as a little vicious sometimes, but she likes to help out those desperately in need. She doesn?t like to speak much of her past, viewing it as ?Why live in the past when you have the future??

------

I will leave this open a little while longer to see if more people are interested. That, and it gives me time to whip up a first post. - -;;
Thank you all for your interest!
[/color][/size]

(Oh how I've missed the samurai RPGs. This will be great and I can finally join the RP world of Otakuboards again. Let a new reign begin!)

Name: Karel Kitsune

Height: 5'2"

Appearence: [IMG]http://otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=22171[/IMG]

Weapon: Demon Blood Blade. (Look in picture) This was the prized sword of the dojo that Karel took swordsmanship at. When the dojo was attacked, he took the sword and fled. He now brandished it, not only it being red from demon blood, but from those of humans too.(Don't worry, he hasn't killed any demons. That's just the legend of the sword of why it's red)

Personality: Karel is serious at times, especially in combat. He looks out for mostly himself and will by relaxed when he's by himself. He always enjoys the company of a good woman.

Other Info: Karel was raised in a dojo, which he learned the technique of the dojo there. In the middle of his training, the dojo was attacked and destroyed for the Demon Blood Blade. He then self-taught himself with a bit of his own swordsmanship. Now he wanders around looking out for himself and caring for himself. He wishes to find a good woman and settle down to have a family sometime.

[size=1][color=royalblue]Well, now that my lazy procrastinating *** has gotten into gear, I would like to announce that Samurai Kyouran is finally in the Adventure Square!

Those who are participating have been PMed. The reason for my having to choose the participants can be read at the end of the first post of SK in the Square.

Wooh, that's a mouthful.[/color][/size]