OtakuBoards

Changes to Certain Forums

James

[color=crimson][size=1]A number of members and staff have expressed concerns to me about the Introduction, Test & Suggestion forums.

The moderators of these forums, as well as other members, have said that they have noticed a number of people deliberately posting a lot of spam in these forums in order to increase post count.

With that in mind, I have decided to make it so that any posts made in these three forums will not contribute to a person's post count whatsoever.

I'm not sure if this change is retroactive, but if any of you have lost a significant number of posts, you will now know why.

As always, I know that 99% of the members here are great and follow the rules very well. So if the changes affect anyone at all, it should only be a very small number.

Thanks for your attention and happy posting. :)[/color][/size]

[SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]that should make my job considerable ezier... i deleted one persons thread 3 times today testing a "new" avatar... didnt he just get one... lol now the spam will subside making my job ezier in general :)[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Shyguy [/i]
[B][SIZE=1]Wow, it sounds like Kuja's out of a job. I can guarantee you that the spamming on these forums will completely stop now that people won't get their post count raised for them.[/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]

I would doubt that... Kuja isn't out of a job... if he becomes to bored, we can always throw him on Games and Stories, but then we mise-well just delete the whole forum lol

Regardless, I also think you should do the same to the G&S forum.... after all this is a MESSAGE board used for discussion... not a GAME board used for Role Playing or spamming useless topics. Thats just what I think.... you can do that, but shouldn't get posts for it.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Transtic Nerve [/i]
[B]Regardless, I also think you should do the same to the G&S forum.... after all this is a MESSAGE board used for discussion... not a GAME board used for Role Playing or spamming useless topics. Thats just what I think.... you can do that, but shouldn't get posts for it. [/B][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]Wow Transtic, you are a take-no-prisoners kind of guy. Could you imagine how quickly the posts counts would drop? I can guarantee you certain peoples would drop by more than 1000. I'm not saying its a bad idea, in fact I like the concept (considering all of the spam) but certain people would get extremely upset about it.[/SIZE]

[size=1]James? Not to be rude, but why didn't you just disable the forums from counting towards post counts before? Was the amount of sapmming not that high? Oh, well. At least you(Or was it Adam) took care of it! :)

Transtic, you really don't like G&S, eh? Well, I say Vb should design it to where certain THREADS cannot count towards member's post count. Then again, that would mean new upgrade, and more than likely another 40-65 dollars to pay.

BTW, James, did you get those drafts for the.........'items' back? I hope so! :)

Also, I need someone that can work 'hacks' on a Vb board. Ex: Changing the word 'Posts' to 'Times Opinion Given'. If anyone can work hacks, please PM me.
Thank you,
Neil

Ultimate Destruction[/size]

[B]
Regardless, I also think you should do the same to the G&S forum.... after all this is a MESSAGE board used for discussion... not a GAME board used for Role Playing or spamming useless topics. Thats just what I think.... you can do that, but shouldn't get posts for it. [/B][/QUOTE]

I see you're not too fond of that topic...But I don't think it would be such a good idea, because that would just make many members be very angry and dissapointed...

lol... so you think it's a bad idea because some members would get all pissy pants about it?

Why? because they'd lose their precious posts..... bah! they should all be shot anyway. It'll just proove those who care only about posts, those people aren't wanted here anyway. They are a waste.

If they only post in G&S because it's a way to raise post counts they are poathetic people. They should be happy we let them post more. If it were so that posts in G&S wouldn't count, perhaps people wouldn't spam so much, and thus we wouldn't have to delete so many stupid topics. The only reason we deleted the Dating Game topic(s) is because it got bad in spamming... it wasn't spam from the beggining, it became a load of spam ecause people got posting happy and posted BS left and right.

There's no way to tell really... maybe making it so posts don't count will make people spam more.... maybe less.... maybe both..... But if anyone whines about it because they won't count toward their post count, then they show who they really are: Losers who are in it for themselves and the posts and nothing else. And those people aren't worth anything.

[SIZE=1]And he says this with 2000+ posts...:rolleyes:

I just don't want to make anyone mad. There a few quality topics in GnS, and it doesn't seem that we need to make everyone all pissed off. I hate it when people get into arguments here...[/SIZE]

[B][SIZE=1]And he says this with 2000+ posts...:rolleyes:

I just don't want to make anyone mad. There a few quality topics in GnS, and it doesn't seem that we need to make everyone all pissed off. I hate it when people get into arguments here...[/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]

Oh, I could care less about my posts. You could give me 2 posts right now and you won't hear me complain.

It shouldn't make anyone mad... if you make it so posts don't count in thats good... it's not like we are getting rid of the forum in a whole.

[B]It shouldn't make anyone mad... if you make it so posts don't count in thats good... it's not like we are getting rid of the forum in a whole. [/B][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1] Well, I don't really think it should make anyone mad either... but people think that your post count is some sort of status symbol. These things shouldn't matter to people, but it doesn't help that out titles are based off of post count either. People think that if they become an "otaku" or "member" they will get more respect and popularity here. Its not that post count makes people notice you, its that you need to post meaningful topics and try to get involved in the conversations.
For the most part GnS is a completely different world than over here in GD or the other forums. And I doubt many of them even visit the other forums here... so it isn't fair to have this discussion here, where the majority of people that this decision might affect may never see it...[/SIZE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by kuja [/i]
[B][SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]y dont we just reset everyone to 0 and then turn all of them off? that would be so much ezier :) have it go off of time not posts lol[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that would mean I would lose my 100 some posts!!!! GA!! I can't live with out them!!!!!!!! Any way who cares it's only a number.

[B][COLOR=orange]Heh, I never spend time in there anyways, I say that you count posts in suggestions though because there is no reason Spam should be in there, and If there is spam, give the member a warning, and if it happens again then bann them, they should know better by now of coarse, you need to stop going soft on the members and take some action for once, Bush did after all.....I can understand spam in testing so I dont care about post counts in there....hope that you take time to think baout what im trying to get at...this is a good idea, Nice work..........Jameson! Hahahahahaa, Just kidding,lol.[/COLOR][/B]

[SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]ah but people are trying to make it so they respond to every suggestion... saying yes or no to each and every suggestion... how is that spam? yet we all know it is... hard to delete that huh? i think test/suggestion is harder than the other 3 i do...[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

[B][SIZE=1]And he says this with 2000+ posts...:rolleyes:

[/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]He most definitely doesn't care about post count, and neither do any of us mods...or the gods or admins. It's silly how people see it as some race to be the highest poster...take it from me guys, higher posting usually makes you suspicious...so unless you have something *coherant* (the magical word) to say when you post, I'd suggest cutting back :)[/color]

I don't care much about posts either, except the first 500, cause i want a custom avatar ^.^. other than that, if i have a custom avatar you can just do away with posts all together, when i make my boards i might hack into it and get rid of post counts.

I see that most of you people involved in this disscussion are saying that you don't care about your post-count. Well that's your way of being here. Some people here like their post-count, and enjoy going up to higher ranks. If post-counts weren't so important, why do these boards have 10 ranks? I like my post-count, and I am looking forward to being an Otaku soon enough. There's nothing wrong with anyone liking their post-count! My post-count is half my reason of being here, and you don't see me spamming every single day. But I admit, I have done some things wrong, and now I know not to do them again.

So what I am trying to say is, that some people like their post-counts, and some don't. It's your way of being a member, so don't complain about people who do like them.

.......I not for the spammers, in fact, I'm completely against all of these nope-hoping spammers. And I agree that they should be banned. But some of us are assuming that people who like they're post-count, and always post in the G&S forum, are spammers straight off! If you ask me, that's wrong.

............we shouldn't be argueing about this anyway.