Fall Posted December 2, 2001 Posted December 2, 2001 Can anyone recommend me any good books. I want to read, but have no books to read. So, I'm asking you guys to help me. I want a book that gives you a good read, preferably on War, or a book that is on a kid or kids that are 13 years old, and tell you about their life. Anyone know any good books on a catagory of these?
RicoTranzrig Posted December 2, 2001 Posted December 2, 2001 Not so sure...I usually read adult oriented books most of the time...maybe you might find [u]Sirena[/u] by Donna Jo Napoli a good young adult read.
SSJ3 Trunks Posted December 2, 2001 Posted December 2, 2001 I really like books by Tom Clancy you could try those out.
Navi Posted December 2, 2001 Posted December 2, 2001 I have the perfect book you! =) Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card. My favorite book. Sorry...reoccuring shameless plug.
Fall Posted December 2, 2001 Author Posted December 2, 2001 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Navi [/i] [B]I have the perfect book you! =) Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card. My favorite book. Sorry...reoccuring shameless plug. [/B][/QUOTE] O yes, I've read that book, and I enjoyed it very much.:wigout:
Guest Zeh Posted December 2, 2001 Posted December 2, 2001 Anythinf from The Lord Of The Rings sieries, Msybe the Dragon lance Sieries? Forgoten Realms? Augh... can;t think right now..... by lhe looks of it i can't type either..... tired..... - :sleep:
NeoCactuar Posted December 2, 2001 Posted December 2, 2001 You should read the 'Tomorrow When the War Began' series. They are set in Australia, and writtin by John Marsden.
BabyGirl Posted December 2, 2001 Posted December 2, 2001 [color=deeppink]Read *points to sig* [b]A Tree Grows in Brooklyn[/b] by Betty Smith. Or read [b]Watership Down[/b] by I forgot who. They're classics, and they're good.[/color]
Lady Macaiodh Posted December 2, 2001 Posted December 2, 2001 the ultimate war book is [I]catch 22 [/I] by Joseph L. Hellar. it jumps from being the funniest book you've ever read to being the most horrifying book you've ever read. it's an accurate, entertaining account of military life during war. it's on my official list of the best books ever written. a good classic young adult book (not having to do w/ war) is [I]catcher in the rye[/I] by J.D. Salinger. this book is very funy (both of those books made me LOL, & it takes a lot to make me do that). it's a real "slice of life" type book, if you like that sort of thing.
9mm Avenger Posted December 2, 2001 Posted December 2, 2001 [color=royalblue]*sigh*I don't think that every literal person in thw world hasn't read Harry Potter. Except for the children of those "Harry Potter is the tool of the Devil" freaks. They threw rocks at me as i went into the theater to see a different movie! They called me a Satan worshipping Pilloc, or something like that. I flipped them the bird.[/color]
BabyGirl Posted December 2, 2001 Posted December 2, 2001 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Majora's Mask [/i] [B][color=royalblue] Except for the children of those "Harry Potter is the tool of the Devil" freaks. They threw rocks at me as i went into the theater to see a different movie! They called me a Satan worshipping Pilloc, or something like that. [/color] [/B][/QUOTE] [color=deeppink]What the hell is wrong with people? People suck.[/color]
9mm Avenger Posted December 2, 2001 Posted December 2, 2001 [color=royalblue]I'm friends with one of those ppl. I said "Lets go see a movie" And he screamed and ran out of the room!(seriusly!)I sighed and said: 'U can pick the movie'. We went and saw Monsters Inc.(My friend is a bit...loopy)Oh, like Monsters Inc. isn't the work of the devil.[/color]
NeoCactuar Posted December 2, 2001 Posted December 2, 2001 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by BabyGirl [/i] [B] [color=deeppink]What the hell is wrong with people? People suck.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE] Do you mean you like Harry potter?
BabyGirl Posted December 2, 2001 Posted December 2, 2001 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by NeoCactuar [/i] [B] Do you mean you like Harry potter? [/B][/QUOTE] [color=deeppink]*sigh* Yes, I do. Problem? Hehe, actually, the reason I posted that was because people are dumb when it comes to Harry Potter. Stupid fools have probably never even read the books. I assume that if you don't like it, you probably haven't either...[/color]
NeoCactuar Posted December 2, 2001 Posted December 2, 2001 Oh i see, i couldn't tell. I LOVE harry potter, i have read all the books about 10 times. They rule :D:D:D I hate people who are Pre-Judice to Harry Potter, and to me becasue i read them.
SSJ3 Trunks Posted December 2, 2001 Posted December 2, 2001 Yeah theres a sign outside a church were I live that makes a comment about Harry Potter. Ppl need to get thier heads outta thier butts.
Ryan Posted December 2, 2001 Posted December 2, 2001 [b][color=indigo][size=1] War books. Um The Redwall Series by Brian Jacques maybe. Except for instead of humans it is talking animals:(mouses, badgers, moles etc..). In every book there is a huge battle and it is detailed really good too. I suggest read them in order by the list on the website: [url]www.redwall.org[/url].[/b][/color][/size]
Soccer 4 Life Posted December 2, 2001 Posted December 2, 2001 1.Man Kind "Have a Nice Day" 2.Lord of the rings. Thats all I can Think of.............. :naughty: :demon: Peace!!:mrt: :smirk:
Sara Posted December 2, 2001 Posted December 2, 2001 [FONT=century gothic] Lord of the Rings, by JRR Tolkien The Dragonriders of Pern, by Anne McCaffrey Sabriel, by Garth Nix Ruby in the Smoke series, by Philip Pullman His Dark Materials trilogy, by the same HGTTG, by Doug Adams The Princess Bride, by Mogenstern [you'll want the abridged version, and make sure it's in english....][/FONT]
D. Dark Posted December 2, 2001 Posted December 2, 2001 Terry Prachett is funny. I'm reading Lord of the Rings at the mo. I recommend it. I personally like sci-fi, like space odessy series, but I don't know if you would like it? What kind of books do you like? Has anyone seen [B]Catch 22? It's funny.
Shy Posted December 5, 2001 Posted December 5, 2001 [SIZE=1]My favorite book is 1984 by George Orwell, then my second favorite is Animal Farm by... George Orwell![/SIZE]
Sara Posted December 5, 2001 Posted December 5, 2001 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Shyguy [/i] [B][SIZE=1]My favorite book is 1984 by George Orwell, then my second favorite is Animal Farm by... George Orwell![/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE][FONT=century gothic]Gee, those sure are cheerful books.[/FONT]
Posthumous Posted December 5, 2001 Posted December 5, 2001 Any book by Mark Twain.Trust me there GOOD!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now