OtakuBoards

OtakuBoards Survivor: Game On! - Mog House [E]

Sandy

[font=Trebuchet MS]Question!

Can we choose in which order we play the games? That is, do we all progress through in the same order or can we mix things up a bit? I assume since you haven't given an order that we just go round however, but it's worthwhile to check, I suppose...

And I loved Mog's little retrospective - handy hints galore about what weaknesses we need to improve on!
[/font]

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Glad you appreciated Mog's thoughts! ;D I only had [I]that[/I] idea once I started writing the post, but it was good for me to stop and ponder each of your performances thoroughly. I hope it helps everybody at least a little.

But [B]about the order, it's totally free[/B], except remember that you can only play one game, then you have to wait for the scores from me before you move on. ;D Practically that means one or few posts per game. Just to prevent you from not rushing this through, and to keep myself organized as well.

Oh, and there can only be one player in a game at the same time, so with four contestants and four games, it's first come first served. This also prevents you from rushing things.

I want to give points to each game you play separately, so that for once I don't have to rank all of you at the same time at the end of the challenge - let the scores decide this time! ;D

Since I suck at maths, the result will probably be a surprise to me as well, once the points are totalled. I just hope everybody participates in this with at least the minimum of four posts, so that things won't get any more complex. XP

Okay, have fun with the nostalgy shot, guys! [I]Games On![/I] ;D

PS. If this post doesn't make any sense, it's because I'm dead-beat tired. X/ Sorry...

[font=Trebuchet MS]Cool, that clears things up.

[b]I call Tetris for my first game! [/b]Just so we don't end up with two of us writing posts for the same game, posting at the same time, ending up wasting half an hour's writing time, yadda yadda.
[/font]

[COLOR=Navy]Dangit! Curse my slowness! *shakes fist*

Alright, I call [B]Space Invaders[/B] then. I'll try to get the post up in the near future but pretty busy at the moment.

Oh, and I appreciated Mog's thought's too, I'll try to improve on those points ^_^;;[/COLOR]

[font=Trebuchet MS]I'd assume it all goes in the game thread - we're just all taking ages to post.

Mine's half-written! I may post it in two instalments, it's getting quite hefty. In which case expect a post early tomorrow afternoon, GMT.
[/font]

Yeah, the game thread it is. ;D And it's perfectly okay to post several times during one game - just don't move on to another one until you've gotten the points from the first.

Glad to hear you're working on it, I was beginning to get worried that it'd be impossible to write anything about these games I chose. XP I know it's [I]hard[/I], but that just makes it more challenging, huh?

I'd advise everybody to stick to one post/game, or else this [I]Game[/I] will go [I]On[/I] into the year 2007. XP

But it's up to you, really. Just remember to wait for my scores until you start posting about a second game.

Hope this challenge isn't a total drab... :/

[COLOR=Navy]Man, that was a really bad post, and I'm definitely not expecting anything great from it. Space Invaders is harder than I thought...Oh well, I just wanted to get it done and over with, so...Yeah. Hopefully we can rotate soon.

I call [B]Tetris[/B] next if nobody minds terribly.[/COLOR]

Both Sakura and Solo have finished with their first games, so you can either switch places or wait until Doukeshi and Raiyuu are done with theirs.

So both Donkey Kong and Space Invaders are now available. Game On, Game On, [I]Game On[/I]!!!

I'd like to add that in the upcoming rounds you guys really don't have to follow what other contestants have wrote about the game previously - make it your own version, and I'll reward you with many sweet kupo points! ;D

[font=Trebuchet MS][size=2]My Internet connection's being arsey again.[/size][/font]

[font=Trebuchet MS][size=2]My entire residential block at uni has no internet connection and I'm not sure if the staff have even noticed yet. I'm on in the public access computer lab right now, but I can't do any proper modding here because there are big signs everywhere saying [b]These PCs are for academic use only [/b]and sooner or later one of the prowling staff members is going to notice. We're going en masse to complain today, so hopefully I'll be back on by the end of the week ...[/size][/font]
[font=Trebuchet MS][size=2][/size][/font]
[font=Trebuchet MS][size=2]... but then on Saturday morning I'm flying transatlantic to New York City. I'll be holidaying there from April 1st to 6th and my parents will be mondo unimpressed if I spend any of our precious leisure time online.[/size][/font]
[font=Trebuchet MS][size=2]So yeah. I probably won't be on again until the 7th. Sorry.[/size][/font]
[font=Trebuchet MS][size=2]So Pac Man's open as well Solo - and I'm going to end up slowing the game down loads, so sorry, Sandy. Take measures to keep the Game On if you need to :animeswea [/size][/font]

[B]Suggestion to Rai:[/B] why don't you try and fit all three remaining games you have into that one post? That way your absence wouldn't affect the game that much, and I don't have to resort to any drastic measures.

But if that doesn't work out, I'm willing to continue this game through April, but[I] please[/I], let us end this before summer! X) As fun as we all have had with this, all good things must come to an end before they go bad! ;D

There're still minigames left for everybody, so [I]Game On[/I] folks! :D

[B]Edit[/B]: Here's something I just whipped up. You will see a [I]similar[/I] image than this three more times in the actual game thread, each time with one finalist erased until only the winner remains. It's the [I]Final Countdown[/I], guys! ;D
[IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/OB%20Survivor/final.jpg[/IMG]