OtakuBoards Survivor: Game On! - Mog House [E]

Sandy

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[COLOR=33333]There we go. Just submitted the ending post for our team. Sorry about the wait, Sandy. I guess you can post now, since I'm sure nobody will be replying to the ending statements.

(Woo! First and last post for that challenge!)[/COLOR]

Okay, the victory of the seventh challenge goes - once again - to the Golden Lotuses. This means another male contestants is shortly getting voted out (and I have a good hunch on who it'll be).

But things are looking brighter for Heroes, because there is only [I]one more challenge[/I] before the Next Big Twist (tm). ;D

Before that, though, I need your votes.

EDIT: Forgot to tell [I]why[/I] the Heroes lost, tired me... :P Well, the Heroine's posts were altogether more amusing and of better quality. Also, I thought the "suicide"-conclusion was a bit cheesy and cliché. Well, better luck next time! ;D

[quote name='Sandy']Also, I thought the "suicide"-conclusion was a bit cheesy and cliché. Well, better luck next time! ;D[/quote][color=#333333]Psht, because you know how many suicidal hamsters are in mysteries.

Joking, of course. I know what you mean, just being a jerk about it. Sorry about that Heroes, it seems my ending was the cause of our loss.[/color]

[size=1]Hardly, White. Regardless of the ending, the Heroines outstripped us both in number and quality of their posts, I believe. They all write really well [though it got a bit confusing there for a bit] and we just weren't matching that in our submissions.

Good work Lotuses.[/size]

Yeah, I meant that the "suicide"-ending is overused and not very surprising. The Heroines managed to make out a whole chain of events that led to the brutal death.

But you Heroes started out extremely well, and I was for a good while sure that you'd take this one home.

Well, you still have one more challenge to outplay the Heroines and get the first female contestant deleted. And Heroines, I'm 100% sure that you'll do your everything to not let that happen. ;D

EDIT: my post in the game thread is edited with the eviction of [B]Kuja/Ezekiel[/B], who was unanimously voted out.

We've reached halfway in this game, folks! Nine characters have been deleted, nine still remain to compete for the title of the Videogame Survivor. Things are only getting more intense.. ;D

Next challenge will be up before the end of this week (once I figure out what it could be, as my original idea cannot be executed now that there's a 3-6 situation in the teams).

Meanwhile, keep the Game On, people! ;D

[size=1]Obviously, I didn't end up going away, because there was a big cyclone up North, however I am leaving tommorrow for... a period of time, I don't really know how long. Up to a week possibly. I'm reasonably certain that I an get some Net access at a cafe or something there, but I can't guarantee anything.[/size]

Currently I'm mentally fiddling with a few ideas for the next challenge, but I hope to start one during this weekend.

It's been pretty quiet in the game thread this week, but I guess it's understandable after the freakishly-long Pokémon challenge. ;P

Anyways, don't worry - this game will go on! ;D

[COLOR=Navy]The reason I don't really post between challenges is because there's really nothing to do. As long as there's one post so you can post the next challenge is good enough for me.

And that pokemon challenge was pretty tiring.

Can't wait to see what our final challenge working as a team will be. I really want to win this last challenge.[/COLOR]

The eight challenge, [B]GTA: City of Survivors[/B], has commenced!

As said, I had to choose between two not-so-original ideas, and this one came on top. This is a test of your teamplay, creativity and arse-kicking abilities. ;D Your criminal tendencies will be put on show as well - just don't get too wild and start to eliminate your rivals, okay? ;P

The challenge will go on until next Wednesday, although I'm naturally ready to change that based on when each team reaches the goal. Just remember that this isn't as much a race against the other team as it is against the city.

Have fun, and [I]Game On[/I]!

[COLOR=Navy]Hm, interesting new challenge......

I'm guessing we're still allowed our own weapons, right? Kinda good for the Heroines since everyone carries a weapon of some sort, or can fight well enough without one (Xiaoyu).

I was wondering, do we get money? Because we need money to go through the "Pay 'n' Spray" right?[/COLOR]

Sure, the default abilities of your characters are of course at your dispose as well.

I didn't quite get that other part about the Pay'n'Spray... Hmm, if you want money, you can probably mug some pedestrians to get it, but I really don't think you need it. If you need a new car, just steal one. There's no need to be so strict with the real game's mechanics. ;D

[color=#4B0082]*sighs* . . . I'm sorry to do this, but with school starting again and with all the other things I have to do, I'm lacking in time and interest for this RPG. I imagine it hasn't gone unnoticed, as I was absent from the previous challenge. Lately I either don't have time, or I just don't feel like writing. Possibly due to cramming my head with several hours of school reading each day (that tends to put a damper on my interest in recreational reading/writing), but for whatever reason, it just isn't happening for me anymore.

So, win or lose for the Heroines, I'd like to withdraw after this challenge if that's alright. If we lose, I imagine I'd be the one to get voted off anyway. . . . And if we still win, well, I think the Heroes could use a break. :p[/color]

[QUOTE=Desbreko][color=#4B0082]
So, win or lose for the Heroines, I'd like to withdraw after this challenge if that's alright. If we lose, I imagine I'd be the one to get voted off anyway. . . . And if we still win, well, I think the Heroes could use a break. :p[/color][/QUOTE]

I'm sorry to hear that, Des, but it's obviously your choice... :/

You made it as far as possible without winning in the FFS, so you already have an admirable past in the Survivor series. Too bad this one didn't go as well for your part... Eh, I'm just saying so be it.

Thanks for playing, anyway! ;D

To the rest of you, please take the challenge to the end, despite this unfortunate event. I'll take responsibility for writing out Samus Aran.

Gotta keep the [I]Game On[/I]!

[COLOR=#503F86]Damn, Des >.>;

Never mind, heh. It's been great playing with you (er, so to speak), and reading your posts.

I'd like to apologise for not posting in this challenge so far. I'm going through a fair amount of stress stuffs and am not feeling too well either. I fully intend to continue for as long as I can though, so this should (hopefully) only be a temporary lapse.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Navy]Sorry guys, I wrapped up the challenge because it's already Wednesday and I wasn't sure if anyone else was going to post in time. If anyone wants anything changed, let me know, I did it pretty quickly. And sorry if it seems like I was too controlling or anything.

Aww too bad you decided to quit Des, we'll miss ya, well, at least I will. I'm sad that I won't get to verse you in single challenges (if I make it). Oh well, your choice, it was fun while it lasted. ^__^[/COLOR]

Alrighty, I'm putting an end to the challenge very soon. The challenge was intensely tied, even though on normal circumstances I would've put Heroines as the winners, but as the situation goes, the Heroines will lose for their first time, and Samus Aran will get evicted automatically.

[B]Desbreko[/B], you'll be joining the already lenght of evicted players out of your own will. Again, thanksies muchies for playing!

After this, the game can go on for real. ;D

[B]EDIT:[/B] I [I]would[/I] post the next challenge at the start of the next week if people posted to the game thread.

Seriously, are you guys getting fed up with this game? :/ I know it has lasted for a long time, but we're passed the midpoint, and things will get more intense with the upcoming merger.

I can reveal this much about the next challenge: expect a BIG twist. And I'm not talking about splitting up into individual contestants, not yet. ;D

Feel free to speculate. ;P

But what about the upcoming merger? What feelings does the characters have about their position in the game? Aren't the players interested/concerned in what will happen to them when its every character for itself?

Where's the ambition, the will to win?! :/

See, there's plenty of stuff to post about in-between challenges. ;D

[COLOR=#503F86]I like writing inbetweeny-posts, but it's kind of difficult to get motivated to do it if you know nobody else is going to reply. I love playing as Krystal because there's a lot I can do with her as a character, but at the same time there is only so much more you can do before you know you're repeating yourself. I think I over-exhausted myself writing her feelings about the last merger :p[/COLOR]

[color=DarkGreen][font=Trebuchet MS]I've been busy with first-week-back-at-uni type work, and often my Internet connection is dodgy or slow. [i]Game On![/i] isn't a priority as much as work or modding, but I am still here and trying to post when I have time.[/font][/color]