OtakuBoards

OtakuBoards Survivor: Game On! - Mog House [E]

Sandy

[B]Outlaw[/B]: it's perfectly okay for you to choose a mandolin as a weapon instead of a harp, but please note that your team is [I]not[/I] going to Hyrule, but to some elusive, generic RPG-land. Let's call it "Dragon Kingdom", if we must. ;P

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[COLOR=DarkRed]Done and Done. And thanks for the ok with the mandoline, made a better club for when singing just don't cut it. ;)

.............Holy crap, I just used a smiley. I have never used a smiley before. Ever.

Well, maybe not never, but never since I learned how to type properly. So consider this a monumental occation. A milestone of sorts. Or consider it me still fighting insomnia. Whatever. Just get to postin Red Team.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Navy]Let's do it Green team! I only posted the beginning where everyone puts on their costumes. Anyone want changes for any reason, let me know. Please start posting guys so we can get it done ASAP and before Friday.

[B]Sandy[/B], I have a couple more things to ask. First, can I use my Dark Knight abilities? I'm not sure because it may be a large advantage, even though I [i]have[/i] used my dress spheres in all the previous challenges. Second, how far away is the tower? Like can we just get there or do we have to do a lot of travelling before we arrive?[/COLOR]

[B]Sakura:[/B] please remember that this is not an actual game, the mechanics don't work like that. Hacking everything down with the überpowerful Dark Knight abilities will only make your team lose again - I want imagination, not god-modding. ;P

Also, I'd prefer if the parties would actually face some difficulties before arriving to their towers, like in an RPG. What the difficulties are, it's totally up to you. As said, it can be monsters, traps, crevaces, wild rivers, swamps, hordes of ancient undead warriors - whatever your imagination comes up with. ;D

[COLOR=DarkRed]Hey Bravers. I got a little bored in my econ class today, so I decided to do a little sketch of our characters in their rpg costumes. Unfortunatly, my school's scanner is black and white with some heavy contrast, so it looks allittle dark, but I still think its a kinda funny. And Sandy, if you want to count this towards whatever it takes to win this round, hint hint wink wink, feel free to do so.

Also, it looks better zoomed in a few time. [/COLOR]

[color=#503f86]Just to properly confirm, the four of the [color=blue]Adventurers[/color] taking part will be Krystal (myself), Lara (Doukeshi), Crash (Baron) and Fox (KKC). I know Baron mentioned it in teh thread already, but I thought it'd be courteous just to say so anyway, heh.

Sorry for taking so long ^_^;

EDIT: By the way, despite the fact it's a poor model and has been painted even worse, [URL=http://hurva.org/Docs/images/figs/humans/bards/bard_with_harp_&_spear.jpg]this[/URL] was the basis of the idea I had for Krystal's bard outfit. I thought it was cool ^_^;[/color]

[color=Purple][font=Trebuchet MS]My university Internet connection is back! I'm just glad I got my preference of costume sent off before it died. I'm back in the game. Just don't let that absence (which was completely outside of my control) count against me if we lose, okay guys?

And Outlaw: a gangsta-rappin' bard is one of the funniest things I've imagined in a long time, thanks!
[/font][/color]

Nice job so far, everybody! I've seen some great proof of imagination in this challenge. ;D

Please notice that you have only [B]one full day[/B]'s time to conclude your missions! I will not be merciful for those who haven't saved their princess by around this time tomorrow! >;P

[COLOR=Navy]My last post is pretty bad, but I'm assuming that no one else on my team will be posting before the challenge is finished so I had to wrap it up, sorry if you were planning to do so, Green Team, I really don't know much about the different timezones so I can't judge when what's going to happen, like who's gonna be online to post and when the challenge is going to close.

I'm sorry that my last two posts have been pretty long, but that's what it takes to get all the info in *shrugs* If anyone want me to edit anything, let me know.

My brain's tired. Zzzzz :sleep: [/COLOR]

The winner of the fourth challenge, [B]Damsels & Dragons[/B], is the [color=red]Red Team[/color]. Congrats on your first victory!

I bet you want reasons, huh?

Well, to be honest, I was pretty impressed by the [COLOR=Red]Red Team[/COLOR]'s stunts in the challenge - especially Outlaw's songs and the idea of using mushrooms (and the sketch was nice too. ;D ) Also, each of you posted quite equally, so there was clearly a sense of teamwork there.

That couldn't be said about the [COLOR=Green]Green Team[/COLOR], though. Sakura, although I admire your activity, it kinda hurt your team in this challenge, as it seemed that you were controlling the whole show. Also, the stuff this team had to face... wasn't very inventive, or even interesting... :/

What comes to the [COLOR=Blue]Blue Team[/COLOR]... You certainly tried your best, I give you that. You are a bunch of talented writers, but your dedication to the original Mario games was too much. For one, you were supposed to go to the Sapphire Tower, [I]not[/I] Bowser's Castle. And almost all the hazards and opponents you faced were taken directly from Mario games, which in no case was the intention. Your lack of originality and slow pace caused you to lose for the first time in this game.

But it's not as if you couldn't afford it, to be brutal. Both the Green Team and the Blue Team must now vote off one player from their ranks.

After that, the three teams will merge into two. But expect a twist in that, as well. ;D The merger will take place at the beginning of next week, after which there will be the next challenge.

But before that, [I]Game On[/I]!

[color=#503f86]Ah... okay. I think the fact that we were up against Bowser put too many connotations in our heads. I know I certainly focused on Mario-esque elements a lot *shrugs* Just force of habit, I guess.

Still, in terms of writing, that was probably my favourite challenge. Nice one, Bravers ^_~[/color]

[Color=DarkBlue]I shall be breif. Great going Red Team! We pulled the last one out so hey, we're all moving on.

Congrats.

I applaude all three groups on the outstanding work everyone's put forward and I look forward to the merger. *nods*[/color]

[Color=Red]Just to copy a certain smirk Baron...

[Size=4]We won! HAHAHA![/size][/color]

[COLOR=DarkRed]Oh man, that one was nutty. Probobly the most fun, the most stressful, and the most original posts I have ever done. Especially the "Jump Around" post, because, lets face it, whenever we hear it at a dance or on the radio or anything, you just want to jump around and knock over anything in your way. Unfortunatly for those elves, they had trees in their way, but what ya gonna do. So have a good weekend [/COLOR][COLOR=Red]Bravers[/COLOR][COLOR=DarkRed], we earned it.[/COLOR]

[color=Purple][font=Trebuchet MS]Phew! [b]So [/b]glad we won that one, I'd have had to deliberate for days to decide which of you guys to vote off! Great stuff, everyone.

I think it's time for Xiaoyu to make with the hyperactive...
[/font][/color]

[color=#4B0082]Booyah, grandma. Booyah.

I gotta say, I really loved the odd combination of classes our team chose. Just running in and hacking things up as a knight or nuking things as a wizard is boring, you know? I much prefered sniping, backstabbing, and ... singing things to death. :p (And of course, everyone <3's healing.) It made for some interesting methods for tackling problems, which looks to have payed off.

Now I'm curious how the merging will be handled.[/color]

The votes for the third Team Council have been cast, and the [color=green]Green Team[/color] voted out [B]Kitty[/B] with three votes (she didn't vote for some reason). You have the right to say goodbye to this game in [I]this[/I] thread, Kitty, if you so like.

What comes to the [color=blue]Blue Team[/color], a total of four people got nominated: Wraith and Baron got one vote each, and KKC and Shinji both got two votes.

So now it's up to the [color=red]Red Team[/color] to decide who will go: [B]KKC[/B] or [B]Shinji[/B].

I don't care if it's one person's choice or if you discuss about it before you decide, but I'd like the answer as soon as possible.

[I]Game[/I] is still [I]On[/I]!

[size=1]I hate to force it on someone, but seeing as Doukeshi didn't get any votes from anyone, I'd be happy to let her choose which of the two to vote off. If she doesn't want it though, I guess we'll do a PM ring-a-round.

[Although whoever voted me was obviously trying to vote off the strongest competition >_>]

*ahem*[/size]