Jump to content
OtakuBoards

OtakuBoards Survivor: Game On! - Mog House [E]


Recommended Posts

Posted
[size=1]Uum, I'm not sure about this, but my post put the Iron Fists not in the Safari Zone specifically. I don't remember much about Pokemon, but is it alright that Crash caught the Weedle in the park, but the next posting member of my team takes us, say, across the road to the Pokemon Safari area?[/size]
  • Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted
[size=1]I would suggest that everybody (in the Heroes, at least) should put in the titles of their posts how many pokeballs the team has left and how many each character has left. It might just help in letting us get through this a little easier.

I also suggest that each and every one of us reads every post through thoroughly, otherwise this could just end in confusion. Take in what Pokemon each person captures, as well as how many pokeballs each team has left. It will just make this challenge a lot easier on all of us.
[/size]
Posted
[QUOTE=Wraith][size=1]I would suggest that everybody (in the Heroes, at least) should put in the titles of their posts how many pokeballs the team has left and how many each character has left. It might just help in letting us get through this a little easier.

I also suggest that each and every one of us reads every post through thoroughly, otherwise this could just end in confusion. Take in what Pokemon each person captures, as well as how many pokeballs each team has left. It will just make this challenge a lot easier on all of us.
[/size][/QUOTE]
[size=1][strike]Iron Fists, not Heroes :p[/strike] Oops, my bad.

And that is a good idea, which was why I did it in my post. Makes it a lot easier to keep track of everything.[/size]
Posted
[color=Purple][font=Trebuchet MS]So ... are both teams in the same area? That is: a) can we encounter members of the other team? and b) can we [b]not [/b]capture Pokemon members of the other team have caught?

EDIT
Also, do evolved versions count as the same Pokemon? So, if I catch a Charmander, can no one catch a Charizard?
[/font][/color]
Posted
Of course the teams are in the same area, and since there is only one individual creature per kind, both teams can't capture the same Pokémon.

What comes to your second question, each Pokémon in the evolution line is counted as separate individual, so there's e.g. one Charmander, one Charmeleon and one Charizard roaming in the Safari.
Posted
wew, lucky me, my computer breaks and I can't post for days, and yet I'm still in it. Ah well, my computer is still broke, so my posting is going to be limited for a little while, hopefully I'll have it back in time for the next challenge.
Posted
[color=#4B0082]*skims the posts so far* ... Baron, you have way too much time on your hands. :p

Anyway, I'm going to try to make at least one post per day. Sorry, I know some people are going to be making a lot more, but I have too much other stuff to do to devote hours per day to this RPG. Even if I have hours per day of free time . . . I'd rather not spend it [i]all[/i] on writing posts. Just thought I should let people know this from the start.[/color]
Posted
[quote name='Desbreko][color=#4B0082']*skims the posts so far* ... Baron, you have way too much time on your hands. :p[/color][/quote]
[size=1]School holidays, what can I say? Anyway, it's not as if I spend [b]all[/b] day on here. Just enough of it, lol.

[b]Edit[/b]: A note regarding claiming - I only do it when I have set the stage for the showdown with the next pokemon, and I try to avoid doing it often. Obviously claiming doesn't mean anything as such in the context of the game, but it'd be polite if people respected the claims, especially when doing otherwise could screw with what people have already written. If you do begin to set up the next scene in the post beforehand I strongly advise issuing a claim at the bottom of the post.[/size]
Posted
[Color=DarkSlateGrey]Since I love all 11 of you so much, I made a list of all the taken Pokemon. Enjoy.

Weedle
Growlithe
Sandslash
Metapod
Bulbasaur
Charmander
Gyarados
Doduo
Poliwrath
Golem
Kakuna
Ponyta
Feraligator
Mew
Sentret
Torkoal
Unknown
Paras
Mewtwo
Charizard
Suicine
Abra
Scyther
Teddiursa
Bayleaf
Magikarp
Zangoose
Jigglypuff
Zigzagoon
Swablu
Pikachu
Articuno
Snorlax
Ursaring
Spinarak
Psyduck
Tauros
Dratini
Cubone
Geodude
Ditto
Breloom
Ariados
Poochyena
Sudowoodo
Gardevior
Treecko
Pidgey
Absol
Zubat
Raikou
Celebi
Onix
Forretress
Caterpie
Jolteon
Blissey
Wurmple
Flaafy
Murkrow
Seel
Oddish
Wingull
Ho-Oh
Lapras
Steelix
Eevee
Feebas
Exeggcute
Lugia
Pidgeot
Vibrava
Flygon
Magmar
Pineco
Ampaharos
Raichu
Tentacruel
Flareon
Yanma
Latias
Vaporeon
Latios
Kingler
Gligar
Espeon
Gastly
Umbreon
Blaziken
Blastoise
Chansey
Lickitung
Venusaur
Typhlosion
Duskull
Aerodactyl
Poliwag
Furret
Nidoking
Tropius
Marshstomp
Seviper
Wartortle
Ninetales
Vulpix
Barboach
Alakazam
Stantler
Kadabra
Phanpy
Dustox
Shuckle
Azurill
Donphan
Entei
Diglett
Rapidash
Miltank
Dugtrio
Numel
Dunsparce
Mightyena
Clefairy
Moltres
Camerupt
Arcanine[/color]
Posted
[color=#4B0082]So much for one post per day. I had a busy two days, over the 24th and 25th. Barely had time to get on OB, let alone post in here. This is really just not my kind of challenge; sorry everyone. :(

And I've been keeping an alphabetized list that I update each time before I post, to keep track of what's been taken, by the way.[/color]
Posted
[size=1]This challenge is exhausting. I've made at least three posts today, just to try and keep up with the Golden Lotuses. I was well behind them when I checked in on Boxing Day after a single-day absence, when they had added an extra two pages or something ridiculous to the challenge.

I for one will be glad when this challenge is over. But we still have until Sunday!!!

Aaaaaaa! My brain is melting!
[/size]
Posted
[SIZE=1][QUOTE=Wraith][size=1]This challenge is exhausting. I've made at least three posts today, just to try and keep up with the Golden Lotuses. I was well behind them when I checked in on Boxing Day after a single-day absence, when they had added an extra two pages or something ridiculous to the challenge.

I for one will be glad when this challenge is over. But we still have until Sunday!!!

Aaaaaaa! My brain is melting!
[/size][/QUOTE]

Hear hear! I haven't posted as much as some people on both teams and I'm still sick. If I see another pokemon after this challenge it will be far too soon. I think the spurt we Lotuses put on was rather surprising, considering the lead you guys had to begin with.

I'm greatly impressed with the tenacity of White, Wraith and Baron though. I mean, its practically only you guys holding your team up and you are still doing a great job. Kudos to you guys! ^_^
[/SIZE]
Posted
[quote name='Baron Samedi][size=1][b]Edit[/b']: A note regarding claiming - I only do it when I have set the stage for the showdown with the next pokemon, and I try to avoid doing it often. Obviously claiming doesn't mean anything as such in the context of the game, but it'd be polite if people respected the claims, especially when doing otherwise could screw with what people have already written. If you do begin to set up the next scene in the post beforehand I strongly advise issuing a claim at the bottom of the post.[/size][/quote][color=#503f86]Until I realised that claiming a Pokemon would help continue a specific storyline, I thought it was a little rude, to be honest ^_^; That's why I've not done it yet. [spoiler]Although an Espeon would've been pretty cool...[/spoiler] there are just too many I'd want to have fer miself. At least I got Latios and Latias. They were really cute in the fifth movie -^_^- I'm happy with who I have so far.

But I am getting a little tired by the challenge now, I must say >.>; There are only so many ways you can think of to come across and catch Pokemon.[/color]
Posted
[size=1]I just want to say that I have edited the post where I caught Jolteon. I didn't realise that Sakura had caught it some time before me.

Sorry, Sakura!
[/size]
Posted
[color=Purple][font=Trebuchet MS]Dagnabbit, we were hoping we could hold on and watch the Iron Fists get docked a point for that one. Could've made all the difference if we both hit 100.[/font][/color]
Posted
[color=#333333]Hehe, I caught it when I was reading Sakura/JJ's posts that had Jolteon in it and remembered that Wraith had a Jolteon. So, as soon as I found the post where Sakura captured Jolteon I PMed Wraith.

Don't you just love me? ^_^[/COLOR]
Posted
[SIZE=1][QUOTE=Solo Tremaine][color=#503f86]
But I am getting a little tired by the challenge now, I must say >.>; There are only so many ways you can think of to come across and catch Pokemon.[/color][/QUOTE]

Well, if you read Diglet post, I think its safe to say I have given up on coming up with exciting ways of catching pokemon heh ^_~.

I wonder if this would work:

[B]Lara stopped by a river. A fish swam by. Throwing her pokeball Lara caught the fish and laughed.

[I]Congrats you just caught a Goldeen[/I] chirped her pokedex.

[I]"Woohoo"[/I] Lara said, then continued on her way.[/B][/SIZE]
Posted
[QUOTE=Doukeshi][SIZE=1]

Well, if you read Diglet post, I think its safe to say I have given up on coming up with exciting ways of catching pokemon heh ^_~.

I wonder if this would work:

[B]Lara stopped by a river. A fish swam by. Throwing her pokeball Lara caught the fish and laughed.

[I]Congrats you just caught a Goldeen[/I] chirped her pokedex.

[I]"Woohoo"[/I] Lara said, then continued on her way.[/B][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[color=#333333]And you can only come up with so many ways to refer to a Pokemon or say Pokeball.

Sphere, ball, Pokeball, beast, creature, Pokemon and (pokemon's name). That's about it. Besides saying what it looks like (the small worm), of course.

Besides, I'm getting sick of Mario's accent. Lol.[/COLOR]
Posted
[size=1]I must say, some of the posts are getting rather cheap. Some of them were rather cheap a long time ago. Lift your game. Doukeshi's post may have been amusing, but it's not that far from the truth. You don't have to make the capture that interesting, because that is kinda difficult, but the chase should be a good read anyway.[/size]
Posted
[color=#4B0082]That's another reason I don't like quantity based challenges. (Mmm. I love beating dead horses.) It encourages short and boring posts. Which is why I decided to buck the trend and write a fatty post that's (hopefully) fun to read. I'm a rebel, I tell you! :p[/color]
Posted
[Color=DarkBlue]I figure I'll ask now, before I forget. XD

Sage, do you think Ada could keep Pretty and her Pokedex? I know the Pokedex wouldn't help much because it's for POKEmon, but I figure, this thing's such a pain in the butt, it'd upgrade itself just to keep going.

But if the Pokedex is too much, just Pretty's fine. If that even works. >.>;;[/color]
Posted
I'm [I]ba-ack[/I]! ;D

It seems that the Heroines won this round as well, but I guess I have to skim through the eight pages worth of posts before I make the final judgment. :/

This might take a while, so bear with me...

Oh, and congrats to everybody on making it to the year 2006! ;P

Expect the Game to be On this year as well.

[B]JJ[/B]: At this moment I have no idea who "Pretty" is, but based on former events in this game, I'd say you are allowed to keep her(?) and the Pokédex, but obviously Ada isn't allowed to use them at challenges - she must rely to her own given talents like the rest.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...