OtakuBoards

OtakuBoards Survivor: Game On! - Mog House [E]

Sandy

Okay, I took myself from the neck and posted the next challenge! (Kudos to Baron for posting in-between the challenges! ;D )

Well well, the ninth challenge, [B]Double Dash Survivor Style[/B], brings us a whole new type of contest in a whole new type of situation. It's now two against two against two against two in a race of karts on a rainbow! 8P

What comes to the challenge, most important is to cooperate with your partner and keep it imaginative. A new feature is that you can actually fight for your ranking by using all the thingamabobs you find littered at the track - much like in the real game (which I [I]haven't[/I] played, btw).

Just remember to keep a record of your ranking, and include it after every post. Just type simply:
[B]1. Team ?
2. Team ?
3. Team ?
4. Team ?[/B]
...or something along those lines.

Speaking of the new "teams", I took the liberty of making up names and colors for the pairs, which you can use if you want to (so you don't necessarily [I]have[/I] to).

The teams/pairs are:
Yuna & Xiaoyu: [B]Team Oriental Beauty[/B] (color: pink)
Ada & Shadow: [B]Team Kickarse[/B] (color: indigo)
Mario & Lara: [B]Team Plumber & Plunder[/B] (color: seagreen)
Crash & Krystal: [B]Team Furry Flurry[/B] (color: orange)

I tried to make pairs that would be balanced but also interesting. As you may see, there's two pairs have never worked with each others in this challenge.

I'm expecting this challenge to flare up your interest to this game again. So let's get the [I]Game[/I] back [I]On[/I], okay? ;D

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[size=1]You're welcome :p Awesome idea for a challenge by the way, though I have some worries over how the 'ranking' system is going to work... once again, it would seem to me that overall quality and creativity of writing should determine the winner, not who writes the most agressively [or cheaply, lol].

I look forward to seeing you all on the race-track ~_^[/size]

[COLOR=Navy]Yeah, I don't know how the Ranking system's gonna work either, oh well, we'll just wait and see.

Come on Plumber and Plunder, choose your kart so we can start. (Hey, it rhymes ^__^)

And I don't terribly mind that Furry and Flurry got the best kart in the game, it depends on writing skills, right? Not the kart chosen, even though it will affect your posts slightly. *shrugs*

Oh yeah, I changed the colour of Oriental Beauty to [COLOR=Magenta]Magenta[/COLOR] because [COLOR=Pink]Pink[/COLOR]'s too light to see, even though magenta's a bit bright.

EDIT: I remember something that I forgot to ask, when does the challenge finish?[/COLOR]

See, that's the whole point! You [I]won't[/I] know when the race is finished until I finish it! ;P

The pair that is at first place at that time will then win. Of course I will choose the pair that has posted most frequently with most quality - and don't forget the flashy tricks you can do to your co-racers! >;D

So don't worry, it's not going to be random or based on speed, this is just a new type of challenge. You [I]do[/I] like variety, don't you?

[B]Sakura:[/B] as said, it's totally alright for you to change the color of your team. And you're right about the karts as well - they are just for show in this challenge. ;D

[quote name='Solo Tremaine][COLOR=#503F86]I've had [i]Double Dash[/i'] for ages[/COLOR][/quote]

[color=#333333]Same here. I've beat it two or three times with my friend, always playing as Mario & Luigi in Red Fire (or, less often, Bowser Jr. and Bowser in the Koopa King).

Anyways, I have a question for you, Sandy. When will the actual race begin? Do we start it ourselves or will you post the starting post?[/color]

Err, I was starting to think that you thought I was going to start it... If you get my point. XP

But no, the race should've started when all four contestants had gained their vehicles, meaning that the fourth pair would've made the starting post.

Now it's all the same who does it, just somebody do it! Err, what I mean is, [I]start the race already!!![/I] ;P

Oh, and Game On! ;D

[color=DarkGreen][font=Trebuchet MS]Yup, I thought you were going to start the race, as well. But no harm done, for I have started it myself. The Race is very much On.

Does Double Dash still have the little guy on the cloud who picks up fallen karts with a fishing rod, like the original MarioKart? Because I took the liberty of giving Mog his role, so if you fall off the track, the little fuzzball can salvage you (probably with a sarcastic comment or two!)
[/font][/color]

[size=1]I'd just like to make an outburst, with no real bad feelings at all behind it:

I HATE YOU WHITE!

I spent half an hour writing a post only to find that you had just posted as soon as I posted mine! So that was half an hour of my life wasted and I want it back!

Anyway, outburst over, I should have a proper post (without White naffing it up) by tomorrow (sorry JJ).

Nice challenge, this one, by the way, Sandy, well done.

[/size]

[color=DarkGreen][font=Trebuchet MS]Worry not. I think you've caught up to me in posts now anyway.

The official DoubleDash Flash site kept failing to load, so I found another site with details of karts and weapons, etc, just in case anybody still needs one. [u][url="http://www.detstar.com/files/features/mariokartdoubledash/items/"]Clicky.[/url][/u]
[/font][/color]

Great link, thanks Raiyuu. ;D

Okay, the challenge will go on for a few more days, since I'll be away from my computer for the entire tomorrow. It'll be a hard choice to determine the winners, but I'll be as fair as possible.

Hmm, I'm just glad that I don't have to choose the evicted pair... X/ You guys all deserve to be in this competition, you're definitely the top-8. ;D

It's been a pleasure to play with all of you, but after this weekend, the Game will go On with just six of you...

[Color=DarkBlue]I'd like to second Sandy on the fact that all seven of you guys have played hard and it's been great fun working with all of you.

I figure I'll get the mushy stuff out of the way beforehand, so I don't add to the clutter of the goodbyes later. ;)

Oh, and this is really a plug for Talkback, the talkshow where the deleted characters answer the question you all want asked.

[URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=51754]Here[/URL] despite the fact that the titles been written incorrectly. I'm working on it, I swear.[/color]

The ninth challenge, [B]Double Dash Survivor Style[/B], has ended, and the winners are Mario and Lara, aka [color=SeaGreen]Team Plumber & Plunder[/color].

So congratulations, Doukeshi and White, for making it to the individual challenges, and the top six! ;D

You earned your victory with your seamless team work, post quality and witty humour. You also weren't afraid to put your characters at danger of losing, and both of you posted equally. All in all, you both kept the challenge interesting.

But... now it's your responsibility to vote out two of your fellow contestants. As said, you can only vote for one of the pairs of the latest contest. To freshen your memory, they were:
[indent]Yuna/Sakura and Xiaoyu/Raiyuu
Shadow/Blayze and Ada/JJ
Crash/Baron Samedi and Krystal/Solo Tremaine[/indent]

Discuss about your decision through PM's and then [B]send me your unanimous vote[/B].

Meanwhile, the other pairs can use the game thread for speculations and accusations. ;D

With so few contestants left, it takes extra effort for everybody to keep the Game On!

[size=1]Well done guys, you did really well.

I'd just like to apologise to JJ for my lack of posting. Various things kept getting in the way, and then, at the last minute, my computer decided it didn't want to let me on OB any more.

Well done again, Plumber and Plunder.
[/size]

[Color=DarkBlue]Hey hey hey! Don't blame me just because I took the furries out of the lead!!!

(No offense meant of course. :p)

Yeah, great job White and Doukeshi. It's good to see someone from the Heroines won. XD[/color]

The game thread has been updated with the eviction of two players: [B]JJ/Ada Wong[/B] and [B]Blayze/Shadow the Hedgehog[/B]. Sorry guys, you were out of luck, but I sincerely thank you both for playing with us! :D

As for the remaining six, the Game goes On!

[B]Solo Tremaine...

Sakura...

Doukeshi...

White...

Raiyuu...

Baron Samedi...[/B]

You are now the [color=purple][B]Survivors of the Ultimate Game[/B][/color]. You all have 1/6 chance of winning this whole competition that has already been on for nearly three months!

The finish line is looming ahead, the race towards it continues. Game On, everybody, [I]Game On[/I]!

... Oh, and expect a new, individual challenge next week. ;D

[Color=DarkBlue]Good luck everyone, I'm especially rooting for Sakura and Raiyuu. One of you better win this. Or else.

I look at it this way. The best was taken out first. :)

Once again, good luck everyone, and no hard feelings.[/color]

[size=1]Clearly the winning team voted out the team it thought was the biggest threat. And that was us.

Seriously, though, I was amazed I got this far, so, thank you, Sandy for allowing me to participate in this incredible event. It's been amazing fun, and I'll try to keep up with the thread.

Thanks again, guys. It's been a good three months.
[/size]

[quote name='Doukeshi][SIZE=1']I am sorry to vote you off it was a truly very hard descision.[/SIZE][/quote][color=#333333]No kidding.

That was [i]the[/i] hardest decision I have had to make all of 2006 (and 2005 while we're at it). It was a load of fun competing against you two.

But let's keep the [i]Game On[/i]! ;D

*avoids Sandy's glare*[/COLOR]