OtakuBoards

OtakuBoards Survivor: Game On! - Mog House [E]

Sandy

*pats White on the back* It's alright, it doesn't matter who's first... (I do this a lot at the kindergarten I have practical training in. ;P )

But phew, you really had me worried for a moment, White, because I really thought you were going to find your treasure in your first post! But the last twist was a complete lifesaver for you. ;D

Keep it On! (The Game, that is...)

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[COLOR=#503F86]I've been very very busy lately >.>; Our productions company's first project auditions tomorrow so there's been a lot of preparation work for that and today I went on a 200-mile round trip... it's all just rather stressing. I don't know if I can make time to post in this challenge for a while, but I'll try my best.[/COLOR]

Alright, just because I want this game to move on eventually, I'm declaring that the current challenge is due to end at the [B]beginning of March[/B]. I won't give an exact date, but work towards that. ;D

Now I'm pondering if I should add a twist of some sort to the challenge, just to make it more interesting... ;P What do you contestants say, does it need one?

[COLOR=Navy]Depends what the twist is, but yeah, I think it needs one. I can't speak for the other contestants but I feel that this challenge is going slowly since the last few have been quite wide which take a lot of thought which takes more time. But yeah, my opinion is to throw something in, even though I feel like I'll regret saying that.

I'll try to post tomorrow because I have to go to sleep now >.>[/COLOR]

[color=#333333]A twist? No way. I think the challenge is interesting enough as it is. There is no need to spice things up a bit. I really don't think it needs one at all.

At the same time I wouldn't [I]mind [/I] if there was a little twist. But not because there is nothing to write about. This challenge, of all of the ones we've done, deffinately leaves the most room for imagination to take place.

It's up to you though, Game Master Mog. ;)[/color]

Okay, no surprising twists for this challenge, because a) it doesn't seem to need one after all, and 2) I can't think of a good one. XP

I like what you've come up with so far, but it wouldn't harm to put the imagination gear even more higher (or something like that... I bad with English figures of speech. :P ). You really want to win this one, don't you? ;D

Only four's [I]Game[/I] will move [I]On[/I]!

[COLOR=Navy]Bleh, running....low....on.....inspiration and imagination...... V_V;;;

Well, only a few days left until the end of this challenge, huh?

Hehe, I felt like making my post less boring so I put colours in it, real imaginative right? ^_^;;;

Oh well, let's hurry and get this challenge done with already so we can see who gets into the Final 4! *is excited*[/COLOR]

[color=#333333]Ah-- gack-- arg-- nooo~!

I was writing a post and when I hit about 5 paragraphs I accidently closed the window! So, as a result, I won't be posting untill tommorow when I have enough inspiration to rewrite 5 paragraphs of Mario doing stuff.

*smacks computer* Bad![/COLOR]

[COLOR=Navy]Awww, poor White, I hate it when that happens because its happened to me too.

Ack, tired, brain numb. That was a bit of a long and boring post but oh well. I wanted to pull away from Final Fantasy so I chose a different game for another task. In case anyone's wondering, that idea is the whole point of the game [B]Track Meet [/B] on Gameboy. It's really old but I was playing it yesterday so decided to use it, and that [I]is[/I] what Ricky's like, including the biting of the discus.[/COLOR]

Alright, so Sakura, Solo and Raiyuu have all completed the challenge, with White and Doukeshi still working on it.

I can reveal that at this moment I'm thinking that a certain one from the first three will win this round (I'm not saying who just yet), but White and Doukeshi still have a chance if they make an effort.

Just make haste, because I'm thinking of closing this challenge by Friday. I'll be announcing the winner then, whether you two have reached the conclusion or not.

I'm not doing this out of malice, sorry if it seems so, but I'm just worried that the game will turn stale if we linger on for too much.

Great writing though, everybody! You've really made Château du Mog a lively place. ;D

[font=Trebuchet MS]Just thought I'd take time out to say this has been my favourite challenge so far, even if I had a bit of a hiatus in the middle while I stage-managed [i]A Streetcar Named Desire ... [/i]thanks a lot Sandy, I really feel like I've given my creative laundry an airing.[/font]

[SIZE=1]I would just really like to appologise for my seeming lack of participation in this challenge, which will probably be my undoing. Extremely busy, blah blah, work etc etc... no good excuses really *hangs head in shame*

It shall be finished, however. I will complete this challenge!
[/SIZE]

The eleventh challenge, [B]Château du Mog[/B], is now officially over. The winner turned out to be Ling Xiaoyu/Raiyuu, so congrats on gaining the immunity! ;D

I'd like to give some feedback on how the challenge went in my opinion, just so nobody would feel that the judging was unfair:

[B]Raiyuu[/B] won with his versatile, emotional and interesting storytelling, and he wasn't afraid to use references from several games. Additionally he attached this challenge to past events in the game.

[B]Solo[/B] was also good, but his posting was too concentrated on describing one puzzle (as well as it was done, but still), and he made the mistake of only including one monster from Krystal's own game (which was kind of taking the easy way).

[B]Doukeshi's[/B] posts were a bit unclear, even though the mood and the emotional charge in them was good. I just didn't know which games you were referring to, and it was some times hard to follow what Lara was doing.

[B]Sakura[/B], I know I should've probably given more detailed instructions for this challenge, but I didn't honestly expect somebody to cling onto stuff revolving only around his or her character's own game. All that FF-stuff... As much as I love FF, it just didn't fit this challenge. This was all about using your own imagination and crossing borders between videogames, making a whole new adventure for the character... I now know I should've elaborated that more, but I was kind of disappointed at your writing. :/ Well, you have three-in-four chances on getting to the next challenge to rise back up! ;D

[B]White[/B]... What can I say? I loved your first post in this challenge, and the Pacman-reference was intriguing, but you apparently lost time and/or motivation to pull this through... Well, all is not lost, and I hope you will stay with us if you aren't voted out next.

With that done, I'll now lay back and wait for the votes to pour into my PM-box. ;P Again, one contestant will be deleted from the game. You know the drill, so [I]Game On[/I]!

[quote name='Sandy][b]Solo[/b'] was also good, but his posting was too concentrated on describing one puzzle (as well as it was done, but still), and he made the mistake of only including one monster from Krystal's own game (which was kind of taking the easy way).[/quote][COLOR=#503F86]Yep, I had a feeling I'd lose out on that one :p

[spoiler]Although technically, the Andross I was talking about was from the original Starfox on the SNES, which didn't have Krystal in it, hehe. But yeah, it is the same franchise and I'm hardly going to quibble about that cause it was rather cheaty.[/spoiler] I considered putting in a sleeping Ganon to have to get past, but in the end I didn't have enough time to develop a decent enough sequence of events.

Well done, Raiyuu, and all ^_^[/COLOR]

[SIZE=1][quote name='Sandy][B]Doukeshi's[/B'] posts were a bit unclear, even though the mood and the emotional charge in them was good. I just didn't know which games you were referring to, and it was some times hard to follow what Lara was doing.[/quote]

Yeah, not my best performance I know. The game I was referring to was Silent Hill 2 just for the record ^_~[/SIZE]

[quote name='Sandy][B]Sakura[/B'], I know I should've probably given more detailed instructions for this challenge, but I didn't honestly expect somebody to cling onto stuff revolving only around his or her character's own game. All that FF-stuff... As much as I love FF, it just didn't fit this challenge. This was all about using your own imagination and crossing borders between videogames, making a whole new adventure for the character... I now know I should've elaborated that more, but I was kind of disappointed at your writing. :/ Well, you have three-in-four chances on getting to the next challenge to rise back up! ;D[/quote]

[COLOR=Navy]Yeah, that really was my fault, definitely not my best performance. During most of that challenge I was having a bit of writer's block and lack of inspiration.

Anyways, congrats to Raiyuu.[/COLOR]

[font=Trebuchet MS]I wasn't sure whether you'd played [i]Kingdom Hearts, [/i]Sandy, so it was pretty cool to see you knew exactly which Keyblade I'd been thinking of!

[b]Please [/b]let's not have another tie, plzkthx?
[/font]

Heh, actually I haven't played Kingdom Hearts (or Silent Hill, or Starfox Adventures, [size=1]and now I'm wondering what I'm doing hosting this competition[/size]), but I'm pretty spoiled when it comes to it, so although I wasn't sure, I took the risk and assumed that you meant Oblivion. ;D

I've now received three votes out of the five, all of which are to different persons. I'm sensing that it really is "every man for himself" at this point in the game...

[quote name='Sandy][B]White[/B']... What can I say? I loved your first post in this challenge, and the Pacman-reference was intriguing, but you apparently lost time and/or motivation to pull this through... Well, all is not lost, and I hope you will stay with us if you aren't voted out next.[/quote]
[color=#333333]Oh boy, I know. I am very sorry but for the past five days now I have been extremely sick and unable to do [i]anything[/i] on the computer. Although I'm still ill, I'm at least well enough to post and such (which is a great improvement).

So, I'll cast my vote now.[/color]

I'm sorry, Rai, but it's another tie. My last post in the game thread has been [B]updated[/B] with this info, so be sure to check it out.

This time it's between [B]Krystal/Solo[/B] and [B]Mario/White[/B]. Yuna/Sakura was the third to get votes, but with only one, she's still in the game.

I know who you voted, but you still have a chance to change your decision. After you made it, please post it into the game thread.

This is the spirit of the [I]Game[/I], so keep it [I]On[/I]!

[font=Trebuchet MS]Seriously, guys. What did I [b]just [/b]say?

I'll try and decide by the end of the day.

.:EDIT:.
Sorry White. I hope everyone'll believe me when I say my decision process wasn't quite as arbitrary as my post would seem to indicate...
[/font]

White, you became the fourteenth person voted out in this competition - a great position, but not quite enough for victory.

Four people continue on with the game as things get even more exciting. ;D

[I]G-g-game On[/I]!!!

[color=#333333]Well, I guess this is my last post here in the Mog House.

T'was an awesome experience taking part in this RP and it was amazingly fun and entertaining. I think I'm most bummed out because now I have to wait about another year or two before there is another one (:animecry:).

I certainly made it further than I had hoped for. Thanks for the great game, guys. :)

[size=1]Stupid Strep Throat.[/size][/color]

Alrighty, I'll try to start the second last challenge by the end of this week, but due to undone schoolwork, friends visiting and my duties as a boyfriend, I can't guarantee anything.

The ending of this game is starting to get near... I'd estimate that Game On! is over by the end of March.

It's been a long road to this point, but it's been a blast with you guys. ;D Let's finish this journey together, as well! [I]Game On![/I]

[B]EDIT:[/B] And the twelfth challenge is on! Good luck, everybody!