OtakuBoards

OtakuBoards Survivor: Game On! - Mog House [E]

Sandy

The tenth challenge, [B]Battle Royale[/B], has launched!

This time I'll test your ability to write a [B]single intense post[/B], where your character will face a famous fighting-game character in a one-on-one duel. Your character can use all his or her special talents, [I]except[/I] projectile weapons. Magic, kicking, boxing, bludgeoning, biting, scratching, spinning etc. are all allowed. ;D

Most important thing to notice is the [B]one post/player[/B] -limit in this challenge. You have time for this week to come up with your one post (although editing is naturally allowed). I will make the decision on who wins based on the overall quality of your post, plus your use of imagination in the fight. Also doing some background check for your opponent won't do any harm (au contraire).

Here's a little list of the players and their opponents for the sake of clarification:
[indent]Sakura vs. Chun-Li from Street Fighter
Doukeshi vs. Voldo from Soul Calibur
Baron Samedi vs. Yoshimitsu from Soul Calibur/Tekken
Solo Tremaine vs. Mileena from Mortal Kombat
Raiyuu vs. Panda from Tekken
White vs. King from Tekken[/indent]

Like normally, all questions that arise are directed to this thread, so Game On!

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[B]White:[/B] I was actually searching for an interesting-enough DoA-character, but as I have little to no knowledge about the games (aside the excessive boobiness) I passed it. None of the characters struck me as very personal, either...

But sure, fireballs are allowed. Just try to be versatile in your fighting.

[B]Doukeshi:[/B] I actually own both SC II and SC III, and Voldo is one of my favest characters (not gameplay-wise but personality-wise), mostly because of his creepiness. ;D

The reason I paired him with Lara is that she's a tomb raider, and he's a tomb guard. What a great crossover-game would that make if those two starred in it... 8D

[quote name='Sandy']The reason I paired him with Lara is that she's a tomb raider, and he's a tomb guard. What a great crossover-game would that make if those two starred in it... 8D[/quote]
[color=#333333]It's to bad you couldn't find a toilet-man for Mario, then.[/COLOR]

I said by the end of this week, so how does February the 5th sound? ;P I'll be judging everybody's posts only then, so you can freely edit them before that - just make it done if you want any chances of winning.

G.O.!

PS. White, thanks for your "today's embarrassing old post" with me on it. X) I really needed that...

[COLOR=#503F86]Question- does the Battle Dome have to look like anything specific? I chose myself an arena without properly acknowledging the Battle Dome was involved, and just plonked in a bit about Mog being able to change its image setting. Is this okay, or would you rather everyone used the same backdrop?[/COLOR]

I intentionally left the Battle Dome without description, because I wanted everybody to use their imagination for the surroundings. ;D

I also didn't want to limit your fights with saying "there's a wall here" or "there's a drop there".

It's all about freedom to fight in Battle Royale. ;P

The [B]Battle Royale[/B] -challenge is now over, and the winner is [B]Krystal/Solo Tremaine[/B], with his innovative and detailed post. The others were very good as well, but I had to pick one. Not that hard a choice, but I had to think about it nevertheless...

So now all six of you are in the first individual Team Council. Krystal has immunity from votes, so she can't be voted off, but one of the other five will sadly leave this game after I receive all six votes.

Votes away, and Game On! ;D

Upon receiving all votes, I have edited my last post to the [B]game thread[/B].

Unfortunately nothing's solved yet, as there's a surprising tie situation between [B]Mario[/B]/White, [B]Lara[/B]/Doukeshi and [B]Crash[/B]/Baron.

It's up to [B]Krystal[/B]/Solo, as the winner of this challenge, to decide who of these three will have to leave this competition.

Please post your decision to the game thread (in character), and I will post after that the traditional "dispersing" picture of the one you chose.

A tough choice, no doubt, but it's the name of this vicious game. :/

Sorry, [B]Baron[/B], it was apparently Crash's time to go. :/ Cazillion thanks for participating! ;D

Well well, five people are left, and the game is getting more and more intensive. Only three challenges remain, and I will try my best to start the next one this weekend.

But before that, I again have to beg you guys to post into the game thread, so I don't constantly have to edit my previous posts. Pretty please? ;P

Anyway, Game On!

[B]EDIT:[/B] And the [I]Game[/I] is [I]On[/I] again! The eleventh challenge, Chateau Du Mog, has launched! I expect you to have lots of questions about this particular contest, due to the vague instructions.

The main point of this challenge is to enter the castle without your natural powers or any equipment, and find a treasure there, all the while avoiding the legendary videogame monsters and sneaky traps lurking behind every corner. As players, your [B]objective is of course to do this as good and interestingly as you possibly can[/B].

This is also a very demanding mission because so much is left open - the [B]interior[/B] of the castle (which can of course vary greatly from post to post), the [B]enemies [/B] encountered (they really can be from any videogame ever made), and even the [B]treasure[/B] you are looking for.

The winner will be of course the one with best posts, but with this group of RPers, anybody can be the one. That person's treasure will automatically be the right one, of course. ;D

So, any further questions?

If you want a deadline, I can give you one, but with so little left of this competition, I'd like to take time with this challenge. The last two will both be quite short, as it is...

No hurry, then. ;)

So this is your chance to show that you [I]really[/I] belong to the final four, guys! ;D

[I]G-g-g-game On![/I]

[font=Trebuchet MS]From 4pm GMT today until Monday sometime, my internet connection's going to be really disrupted - the university's doing maintenance on their servers or something, so it'll be hit-and-miss whether I can log on between now and Monday. So it's a good thing we're taking it slow with this one, right?[/font]

Yeah, there's no rush. Just try to get this challenge over with in few weeks. Prolonging stuff only tends to kill the game. ;P

It was good that you opened up the contest, Rai, perhaps now the others will follow soon... I was beginning to get worried. XP