OtakuBoards

OtakuBoards Survivor: Game On! - Mog House [E]

Sandy

[B]Deucalion[/B] and [B]Unborn Lord Xion[/B], you both have been eliminated from the game. You both can now leave a goodbye post to [I]this[/I] thread, if you will.

As for the votes, I received one from each contestants very quickly, which was a really good thing.

The Red Team's votes divided unequally between Deucalion (4) and Outlaw (1), while the Green Team had more division with ULX (3) and Kitty (2).

Remember that there's nothing personal behind all these votes - it's just a part of the game. But I'm sure all of you were very aware about that when you first signed-up. ;D

Gotta Keep The Game On!

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The fourth challenge, an RPG-based [B]Damsels & Dragons[/B], has begun!

Each team must now [B]form a party[/B] of four people, each with a [B]different job[/B] (details in the game thread). This means that the [COLOR=Blue]Blue Team[/COLOR] must also choose [B]who will participate[/B] to this contest.

I will judge each of your performance by the use of imagination and co-operation inside teams. Because all four party members have a different purpose, it is obvious that teamplay is necessary.

The challenge will continue until next [B]Wednesday[/B], after which two more players will get evicted from the two losing teams.

[COLOR=#006aaf][SIZE=1]For the new job classes, it's obvious that some classes will be more desired than others (such as the generic knight class). So.. Is it first come first serve? Like, the first to post declares their choice and gets it? Or do we discuss it through PMs or the Mog House who will get what?[/SIZE][/COLOR]

I think you'd be better off discussing about the job classes, so that everybody are in consensus. You can do it in this thread, by PM's or whatever way you ever want.

Or if you can't come to a conclusion, you can always ask me to decide. ;D

Remember though, that although there are six choices for jobs, only four per party can be chosen, so no "double-jobs" to anybody, okay?

EDIT: there are now six jobs to choose from: knight, wizard, healer, thief, bard and hunter.

[color=#4B0082]Okay, I like the idea behind this challenge. But as a long time Zelda fan, I have to ask. ... WTF, mates? ^^

Seriously though, Bubble and Bobble? How do they fit in with Zelda? [url=http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/7448/zootvolvagia7es.jpg][u]Volvagia[/u][/url], from Ocarina of Time, would be fit so much better. And be more fun to fight, I think, considering it can both fly [i]and[/i] tunnel underground.[/color]

I donno, being a Link to the Past fan myself, I'd prefer [URL=http://www.zeldauniverse.net/images/stories/games/z3/bosses/trinexx.gif][B]Trinexx[/B][/URL] , though I'm not sure if he's techniquelly a dragon.

But anything is fine by me.

[color=#4B0082]I'm the same -- LttP is my favorite in the series -- but Trinexx seems like it would be harder to work with. More people are likely to be familiar with Volvagia and you see more clearly what its abilities are, so it would probably be the easiest to write about.

Or maybe we could go with Aquamentus and really throw people for a loop. :p[/color]

[size=1]To Meh Team:

I can't figure out the PM system and I didn't feel like sending this message to every single person (i'm way too lazy). I would really like to join in this challenge, but if I also don't mind steping down if someone else really wants to do it. The idea of Sandy choosing is a possible solution. [/size]

I'm sorry [B]Des[/B], but having played no Zelda-games myself, I had no idea what the dragons (I knew there would be dragons, cause every game has them) would be like in them... X(

So, I went a little nutsy, and put Bubble & Bobble to guard princess Zelda. I see a major chance for humorous posts here. ;D

Oh, and [B]KKC[/B], might I suggest that you leave the two members who have posted least out? ..Oh, I just checked the situation, and noticed that while Shinji has posted the least, you and Baron are tied on the post amount. So never mind then!

[B]Everybody[/B]: if the decisions take much time, I'm willing to move the "deadline" for this challenge until Thursday. But let's just see how this starts up...

[COLOR=#841a35][SIZE=1]As I was merrily scrolling down the page, as a girl, I was 'aaw'ing at the cute widdle dragons the other teams had to fight.

Then I got to Green Team...

OMFGBAHAMUT!!!

*dead*

I think Kuja's going to wet himself.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=Navy]I agree with Imi. I saw Bahamut and I was like...what the? The other teams get little cutesy dragons we get Bahamut?! King of the Dragons summon?! Come on, Bubble and Bobble compared with Bahamut? Do we actually have to kill him? *whimpers*

And I think you should extend the deadline, since I'm still discussing with my team, don't know about the others. Lrb hasn't responded to me yet so he's who I'm mainly waiting for.

Fighting Bahamut, I guess it's a good thing that I'm deciding to be a Healer ><;;;[/COLOR]

I'm stressing the use of [I]imagination[/I] here, guys! ;D You don't necessarily have to kill your opposing dragon, just maybe trick it to give the princess back.

And remember, the princesses are expecting to see a heroic group of valiant knights, not a rag-tag team of videogame characters, so maybe [I]they[/I] turn out to be more difficult to handle than the dragons... ,:D

I'm looking forward to see what your twisted little minds come up with. ;P

[QUOTE=Imi][COLOR=#841a35][SIZE=1]As I was merrily scrolling down the page, as a girl, I was 'aaw'ing at the cute widdle dragons the other teams had to fight.

Then I got to Green Team...

OMFGBAHAMUT!!!

*dead*

I think Kuja's going to wet himself.[/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE][color=#333333]
...ROFL.

That is now officially my favourite post of the year. That was hillarious, Imi. But it's true.. Mario's reaction to Bahamut is going to be classic (since he is so used to Bowser and such).

But anyway, who [i]is[/i] Princess Sarah? I've never even [i]heard[/i] of her let alone [i]seen[/i] her. I think you may have been able to come up with a better Princess. Although there aren't a lot of Princesses out there.[/color]

[QUOTE=Lrb][color=#333333]
...ROFL.

That is now officially my favourite post of the year. That was hillarious, Imi.[/color][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=#841a35][SIZE=1]Oooh yes. :cool:

I was wondering who Sarah was, too. The art makes her look like she's from Castlevania, but I've never played the games, so I don't know the plot. :/

I'm glad we don't have to kill Bahamut. I think we'll go for strategic and fast running, eh, team?[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Lrb][color=#333333]

But anyway, who [i]is[/i] Princess Sarah? I've never even [i]heard[/i] of her let alone [i]seen[/i] her. I think you may have been able to come up with a better Princess. Although there aren't a lot of Princesses out there.[/color][/QUOTE]

There really aren't, although one would think otherwise. X/

Princess Sarah is actually a recurring generic character from Final Fantasy 1, 3, and 9 (where it was [spoiler]Garnet's real name[/spoiler]). The picture is from a piece of art for FF3.

She has no real personality (outside the famous webcomic "8-bit Theatre", where she's also known as the Evil Princess Sarah), so you probably won't have any trouble writing her...

Again, I need you to show your imagination in this challenge, [I]not[/I] your knowledge on any games or anything. I also need this challenge to start. X/

[size=1][color=darkblue] Well, sicne I wasn't able to get on the comp before this competition started, I will be one of the people to step aside for the blue team.

Have fun guys, and rock their socks off, I'll [strike] stay behind and eat all the food[/strike] guard the camp until yous get back.[/size][/color]

[color=#4B0082]If this is going to take a while, I have a question: Why does there have to be a deadline at all? There were challenges similar to this -- the basic, "accomplish this objective in whatever manner you can," sort -- in FF Survivor that just went until all the teams finished, and those were usually my favorite. Racing against a deadline tends to stifle creativity, which is kind of counter-productive in a challenge that's meant to inspire that very thing.

And sorry if I'm sounding like I'm trying to tell you how to run your RPG, Sandy. I know I've suggested a good number of tweaks/changes such as the one above, but I'm perfectly willing to go by whatever you decide. ... Just so you know. :catgirl:[/color]

[COLOR=Navy]I agree too, FF Survivor was the best with just until we completed the challenge. Deadlines do put a bit of a strain, though I understand that you want people to post and have it finished within an amount of time.

Concerning the challenge, I posted that I used my Dark Knight dress sphere instead of the armour provided. Is that alright or would you prefer me to use what's in the cart. If so I'll edit it accordingly.[/COLOR]

The deadlines exist actually for myself - I'm trying to fit this game to my own schedual, and I feel like one week/challenge is enough. But yes, by all means the "deadline" can move until [B]Friday[/B] - I'm a flexible man. ;D

Oh, and [B]Sakura[/B], you can use your own costumes as you have them - the costumes provided in the cart are for those who [I]don't[/I] carry swords and armors etc. in their pockets. ;P

[COLOR=DarkRed]Ok Bravers, I got us going. If there's a problem with my post, or if you want to dress your characters up yourselves, that fine, just drop me a pm. I'm just battling a fit of insomnia right now and figured I might as well get the ball roling.

Peace Out and Game On.[/COLOR]