Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
I think they have went a little too far with pokemon. Its a great show but it has been
on TV since I was in 2nd grade and im now in 10th. They made at least 10 pokemon games for gameboy/GBA, 3 or 4 games for the N64, and the same amount for GC. WERE BEING OVERWHEMLED BY POKEMON!! :animestun Soon there going to name the gameboy games for poke'mon after seasons cause they ran out of names.(and I will scream if they do) Ok thanks for letting me speak about this. :babble:
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
Pokemon is horrible (sorry you guys). But why not just continue the origional series. Noooooooo! They have to make several othe series to progress the first story. I think it's some kind of pyramid marketing sceme
Posted
[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Comic Sans MS]As long as it's good it doesn't matter, but I haven't tuned in for a while soooo... :rolleyes: [/FONT] [/COLOR]

[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Comic Sans MS]I think the games are fun if you have someone to compete with. :D [/FONT] [/COLOR]
Posted
The games are good. However the show is horrible. The same thing hapopens in eveything. Ash and crew meet new people with new pokemon , then team rocket comes to take pikachu. They fail and Ash says goodbye to his new friend and they walk off into the sunset. THATS IT this show is about 976 episodes long and its the same stuff over and over again. Sorry if I offended any pokemon fans but this is my opinion I just really hate this show :mad: .
Posted
Yes there is far to much Pokemon though I personally only credit the following as being legitimate: Pokemon the series, the gameboy games blue and red, the card game (and gb version), and lastly pokemon snap on n64. Everything after that was just to far.

I remember being a huge fan of Pokemon in primary school and now I'm in University. So yeah...
Posted
the fact that this post exists once again is proof enough to me that their is far too much of what was once just a neat RPG. if i remember correctly, the show was a spinoff of it. then they threw in morals and ruined the whole thing :(
Guest kuroinuyoukai
Posted
I agree with most on here. Pokemon started right after I graduated high school. I have never played the card game, but the idea was cute for a while. That is until everytime I turned around there was a new movie and cards everyone. I mean I worked at Walmart and kids were stealing cards constantly. I mean steal one card out of a package! Pokemon needs to fade away. I think it's just a marketing thing and it has no originality anymore...
Posted
IMO the only thing worse than the pokemon show are the movies. They are revolting. Ash must save the world again and discover a legendary pokemon. Thats the premise of every movie. Its sad really.
Posted
[font=trebuchet ms][size=2][color=purple]I must say that they have gone a bit too far...I used to love Pokemon and quite frankly I still like it but the new series and the constantly new pokemon are way too much! Half of them don't even faintly resemble what a pokemon should look like! So I agree with you guys even though I'm a fan. They've gone completely overboard.[/color][/size][/font]
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
[QUOTE=Evilelf1989]I think they have went a little too far with pokemon. Its a great show but it has been
on TV since I was in 2nd grade and im now in 10th. They made at least 10 pokemon games for gameboy/GBA, 3 or 4 games for the N64, and the same amount for GC. WERE BEING OVERWHEMLED BY POKEMON!! :animestun Soon there going to name the gameboy games for poke'mon after seasons cause they ran out of names.(and I will scream if they do) Ok thanks for letting me speak about this. :babble:[/QUOTE]
It's true.. :animesigh we are just getting to overwehmled by pokemon :animestun Frist it was 150 and I knew all of them but then numbers changed :animestun and I think it was 200-something then.. :animenose I LOST TRACK... :flush:
Posted
Well, I was addicted to Pokemon during 3rd and 4th grade. Waking up and watching Pokemon was a routine. They are putting out too much Pokemon though. What happened to the good old days when there were 150 and not 500 or however many they have now. Since I'm out of the whole Pokemon craze, it drives me nuts everytime they send out a new set or cards or a new game. :animeknow
  • 4 weeks later...
Posted
Honestly, i was a fan of that series and a patron of their products (i'm not buying them, i just download the games!!). But not that I'm at age (i'm turnin 20), my passion to pokemon faded due to the advent of other great anime series. First, the art in that series isn't that great, even the girls aren't that attractive. In terms of their games, I would say that i've been overdosed with that and now i'm going to other rpg games that are way much better, though i admit that their games were the first rpg games i played.
Posted
[color=33333][font=trebuchet ms]If you think the show is boring, geared toward little kids, or just too old, there is a simple solution for you: don't watch it.[/font][/color]
Posted
[COLOR=DarkRed]Well, I dunno. I loved it when I was little- first anime I ever saw (even though I didn't really realize that it was anime until, like, two years ago.:animeswea ) Anyway, I like the games- they amuse me- but I relaize now, after watching it with my little cousin at my grandma's house, they're all too happy. And the concepts of friendship and "if you try you can do anything" are a bit much.
And after some random reflection on it a few days ago, I hate that way they do the eyes of the people; they're all, like, one out of two shapes- either really pointy at the edges or really tall. They drag the series on and on and on and keep coming up with new junk to prolong it's enevidable death and they don't even use the cool freak-out expressions.
(But I do think that Pikachu is adorable!:catgirl: )[/COLOR]
Posted
When I was younger Pokemon was the greatest thing that I ever saw on t.v. But lately the new seasons are reaaly bad. Bascially the whole series is to prediectable. Ash and friends travel the Pokemon world to become a Pokemon Master. To make the series exciting Ash loses to the Gym leaders once in a while, but the gym leaders give Ash a second chance or Team Rockets disturb his battle. Ash Katch'em always win his battles. Even when Ash gets the greatest Pokemon ever like when his Pigiotto evolves into a Pigiot. His Pigiot could fly Ash and friends anywhere in the Pokemon World instead of walking. Ash and friends take a really long time to walk to the next gym battle town. When Ash finally get to a town it only takes two episode to defeat the gym leader and leave the town. :animeswea

In the movies it is all the same. Ash and friends meet new friends and reallly cool awsome pokemon, but as always at the end of the movies Ash and friends say good bye to their new friend in a tearing crying mode. Also Ash never catches the ultimate pokemon he see, he lets then go or escape like Lugia, Slowking,Mew,Mewtwo,Jirachi, ans Dexoys. If he caught these Pokemon then he would be the unstopable Pokemon Master. Ash never became a Pokemon Master. :mad: :animeangr :animedepr :animeknow
Posted
yea sorry but pokemon has goten boring they are like trying to attrack new older people to get in to the games and stuff but the only people they attract are my brother and his little friends (hes 6 years old) couldnt they just leave the original the way it was more people liked it that way
now its just boring :sleep: :sleep:
  • 3 months later...
Posted
[U][B]Man that had to e the worst pokemon movie ever[/B]. [/U] they got rid of all the good voice actors :animeangr . and put in a bunch of crappy one's :animeangr i mean i think the only original voice was pikachu :animesigh . i hope they don't do that to the cartoon series or pokemon would be finished :animecry: . i mean this one made pokemon the third movie worth buying. i hope they don't make a pile of crap like that ever again. :mad: but please tell me what you all think.[INDENT][COLOR=Sienna][SIZE=1] [B]AnimeHeroX1[/B]

I am moving your thread to the existing Pokemon thread for the following reason: To avoid confusion we ask that you do not create another thread. With at least fifteen different Pokemon titles, the number of threads would be very confusing so lets stick to just one. So please go ahead and post in the current one no matter how old it is. Before you post any thread, please check the [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=38208][COLOR=Sienna][B]Official Threads Directory[/B][/COLOR][/URL] to see if there is already a thread on that topic. It is also a good idea to perform a forum search on that subject to make sure another thread does not already exist.

Please take a moment to review this sticky on [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=37269] [COLOR=Sienna][B]How to Post in Anime Lounge[/B][/COLOR][/URL] . If you have any questions feel free to pm myself or another member of the staff.

~indifference[/COLOR][/SIZE][/INDENT]
Posted
Man I used to love Pokemon, but they never got to an end, I remember hearing rumors the last episode would be Gary Vs. Ash etc. but it never ends, they've released like 800 episodes, are there any other animes with that many episodes?
Guest Metal Dragon
Posted
To much pokemon!? I'm not sure about that but I do agree that it's been on for a long amount of time. I wouldn't care if they take it off since I rarely have time to watch the show nowadays, yesterday I learned that they started a new season.
Posted
I personally think that they should have never even started the show and I totally hate it but that's just my opinion
Posted
Pokemon is a corny show..I just like it for the cute pokemon! I have ALL the pokemon GBA games. They're fun! Pokemon is old...But it's still cool...just the pokemon

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...