OtakuBoards

Linkin park

Guest Voodookanaka

Guest Voodookanaka
They are a boy band with a guitar!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(I know that ppl are gonna disagree, but I want to know if theres anyone out there who agrees with me before I argue my case)

How could you be so incompetent? Boy bands like N Sync sing love songs and bubble gum crap, that make little girls squeel. Linkin Park sings LIFE songs about stuff that makes sense, and it's worth listening to. So your saying, just because Linkin Park is REALLY popular, and they have videos on MTV,(that they made on there own without some freekin choreographer) and have millions of adoring fans, some of which listen to boy "bands", that they ARE a boy band? you, my uncanely friend are senselessly deluded in your anti-pop visions of MTV. It's not all crap, and you know what, I can admit it, some BSB or NsynC songs ill listen to with my girlfriend. What do you listen to? Yanni?

Listens openly, but harshly,
Shibo Ogama:mad: :flaming: :cussing:

p.s. yes they have guitars, and drums and a LIVE dj. anything else i missed?

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Shibo_Ogama [/i]
[B]How could you be so incompetent? Boy bands like N Sync sing love songs and bubble gum crap, that make little girls squeel. Linkin Park sings LIFE songs about stuff that makes sense, and it's worth listening to. So your saying, just because Linkin Park is REALLY popular, and they have videos on MTV,(that they made on there own without some freekin choreographer) and have millions of adoring fans, some of which listen to boy "bands", that they ARE a boy band? you, my uncanely friend are senselessly deluded in your anti-pop visions of MTV. It's not all crap, and you know what, I can admit it, some BSB or NsynC songs ill listen to with my girlfriend. What do you listen to? Yanni?

Listens openly, but harshly,
Shibo Ogama:mad: :flaming: :cussing:

p.s. yes they have guitars, and drums and a LIVE dj. anything else i missed? [/B][/QUOTE]

Well... technically Voodoo is right.... they are a band right? They are consisted of all men right? Therefor, they are a boyband.. or a manband, but that sound kinda weird.

Anyway, I think the lead singer to LP is hot... AND I think he's gay! Don't believe me... i don't care... it's just the first thing that came to mind... i could be wrong, but my feeling says not so.

Regardless if LP is a boyband in whatever sense you think of them... they still make semi good unque style of music.. they aren't my favorite, but it certain is some talent.

People have their own opinions on music... I listen to Japanese music all the time and when I talk about it people wonder if I'm on drugs and they critisize me for it.. but thats ok I crtisize them too for the american crap they listen too. Doesn't mean I'm right or your right... everyone has a talent, and like art, it all depends on the person listening to determine what they think. It doesn't mean a band is crappy... it means you prefer not to listen to it, and it's your choice... don't try to tell me I suck because i listen to a certain group though.

You can't like every group that exists...

Oh and whats wrong with listening to Yanni? I love Yanni's music...

No, Linkin Park is NOT, I repeat, NOT a boy band. There's proof!

1. They play all instruments themselves.
2. Thier DJ performs with them, boy bands have computer generated DJ effects that, in my opinion, just plain SUCK.
3. Boy bands DON'T have moshpits at thier concerts, Linkin Park does....
4. Boy bands don't even play thier stuff, they just moan into the mic to attract some girls..

and that concludes it.

If ONE more person calls Incubus a boy band, I'll have to slap you with a wet, three month old carp..

[SIZE=1]Well, ya, going by the letter of the word "boyband" they are a boyband in that they are boys(guys w/e) and they are a band. But by the actual taken meaning of the word, no they are not. LP is an odd combo of techno/emo/rock/whatever else, that I'm suprised actually kinda worked out.. I prefer Omaha's local music over mainstream crap though :p (Mandown, Straight Outta Junior High, Fonzarellies, 8th Wave, Dizconnected, etc etc.. THEY ALL KICK SOME :cussing: ) :D[/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]Yes, they are a boyband, meaning that they are a band consisted of males.
Here's another list:

1. LP play their instruments.
2. They don't sing about some love crap that talks about angels and crap like that.
3. The fans don't wave their hands at LP concerts... they kinda... kill each other.
4. They have taleneted people, put some crappy boyband lead singer to play the guitar, he'll die.

That my friends, is why LP are not a "boy-band"...[/SIZE]

I've gotten tired of them. They got over played here, and after the concert, well my faith in them has been reinstated, but I'm still bored with them.

Veg, the lead singer isn't gay, he has a wife. Last Saturday, the day of the concert I went to, was her birthday. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Shibo, you need to calm down a LOT, not a little. True LP sings songs about real life, but if you actually SAT down to listen to *NSYNCH, you'd find out that their songs are about real situations too, they're just much more happy. And another thing, those "real life" things you spoke of have been done a THOUSAND times over with other bands. Blink 182 is the perfect example of this. Even more perfect than that is Stabbing Westward. They've been around a lot longer than LP has, and unlike Linkin Park, they didn't suck when they first came out (LP has an older album that CRASHED because it was so bad). LP is just a bigger, vamped version of Stabbing Westward. SW has guitars, so does LP. SW has synthesizers, so does LP. And like SW, all of LP's songs are about getting away, leaving things behind, and all that teen-angst that most people tend to grow out of towards the end of their high school careers.

My point is this, don't go biting people's heads off just because their opinions differ from yours. I could go and bash every single genre of music that I don't listen to, and call everyone who thinks differently than I do a complete ____ing moron. Would that be nice? Hell no, it wouldn't. Would it be right? Again, no. If you want to state your opinion, or offer a valid argument against someone else's, fine. But do it in a peacefull manner, or you'll just get a response like mine.

Linkin Park certainly IS a boyband. The term has lately been given to IDOL GROUPS, though, which causes confusion. Idol Groups are those that sing, dance, and don't play their own instruments. A true boyband is a group of musical performers made entirely of males.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ShadowGohan [/i]
[B] 3. The fans don't wave their hands at LP concerts...
[/B][/QUOTE]

Um, sorry, but..... yeah they do. At Last Saturday's concert in Lincoln Nebraska, the band had us wave our hands a couple times. Once during "My December" and another time inbetween songs. It does happen.

Okay, this is my opinion on LP. (oh yeah, btw TN, Chester does have a wife) Well, I think that Chester Bennington is a good singer, good vocalist. Their drummer isn't too bad, but not too great. Mike Shinoda, their 'rapper' *cough*talker*cough* needs to quit. And sorry, but Mr Hahn isn't all that great. I can't stand track 11 on their cd. I just don't like it, doesn't do anything for me. It's not gosh-awful-you-SUCk but it's kinda close. I've heard better. My and a friend of mine have this theory: if LP keeps Chester, Rob (drums), and Brad (guitars), they'll get REAL big, they just need to ditch the extra baggage. Anyway, I guess they're okay. I like to listen to them, but I don't hale them as my favorite band.

Ok, lemme make this clear. I was not just slamming pop bands. I was just keeping a person from classifying a truly original group of MuSiCiAnS with 5,4, or even 3 singer only groups.(pop).
Just an FYI, Linkin Park was not orchestrated by an industry record label. Two of the guys, Mike and Chester met in an art institute. Art institute? For Artistic people? just a small note. They decided later to start a band.

any who, Why did you decide to open a forum with an outbreak of anti-good music comments anyways?

Shibo:blackeye:

p.s.: don't beat yourselves up over this guys. It's all a matter of opinion. But, your all entitled to your wrong opinion...j/k. lol

I don't care if they each played 10 instruments, I can't stand Linkin Park, they're thoughtless wailing makes me want to smash something (not in the good way, in the "aaargh ::steps on radio::" way). That rapping guy in it is certainly the worst, but he just makes the lead singer sound like an idiot, sitting there screaming the same thing every so often. Lyrics-wise they are unimpressive as well, altho I've only heard the radio singles (damn radio), but it seems like they wrote them just to appeal to mosh-pitty teenagers who want to jump up and down. Oooh look spiky hair, wow how deep and meaningful >=\. I'll take NIN and Tool anyday.

Guest Voodookanaka
I class them as a boyband coz well appart from the fact their boys who are in a band, just like boybands in that they wail really long , have little to no bathos and 'attempt' to sing songs bout things that can involve feelings. They also use looks to their advantage in certain aspects.
Im glad their are ppl out there who, even if they dont agree with me dont like em. (I knew there was gonna b a bit of flaming against me but, meh)

[SIZE=1]No... no... nooooo! They wave their hands... like at Backstreet Boys concerts... damn... if they wave, I shoot them... good plan on my behalf.

But I tend to really like their songs, their crowd is mostly boys/some cool girls... not girls that cry over a song.... geeez they suck :D[/SIZE]

Well, Shibo, I'm proud of you. You redeemed yourself.

Though technically they are still a "boyband" in the literal sense... perhaps it would be better to call them a "manband" since they're all over 21.

Transic, give the gay-dar a bit of rest. You're going into overdrive.... :p

I'm just getting a little tired of this whole "real life" music. What ever happened to all those funky songs about the crazy, fictional stuff? When do I get to hear songs about cybernetic vampires that ride dolphins through space to battle the evil hordes of the mellon empire?

I guess LP is original in a way, mainly how they play their music. But as far aw the actual SONGS themselves, that type of thing has been done way too much. It's good that they take breaks from hard songs to do a few ballads (as all bands should do), but I just want to see something new.

I know! We need to get some J-rock groups to perform in America! *waits an eternity for Siam Shade, Laruku, Malice Mizer, and Dir en Grey to come overseas* There's probably a better chance of globe coming here than anything else......

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Shibo_Ogama [/i]
[B]
Just an FYI, Linkin Park was not orchestrated by an industry record label. Two of the guys, Mike and Chester met in an art institute. Art institute? For Artistic people? just a small note. They decided later to start a band.
[/B][/QUOTE]

You can tell they are extremely artistic. Just be watching their videos. I enjoy their videos because of the artistic quality they add to them. Another thing which makes LP a unique group.

[quote][b]Transic, give the gay-dar a bit of rest. You're going into overdrive.... [/b][/quote]

-____-; do you mispell my name on purpose? Just call me Chris like you always do lol

BTW Stormy, alot of J-Bands do play in the US... just not near us and not on the east coast... in Las Vegas and LA are the big spots for J-Music... PENICILLIN plays here alot... Hakuei doesn't like LA lol