OtakuBoards

Weird Al Yankovic

Onazuma

[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=1][COLOR=DeepSkyBlue][CENTER]I'm not a big fan of Weird Al. It's just... He mocks a lot of things and songs and people, and I really find "Silly stupid music", as some people call it around my school, quite dumb and pointless.

It just seems like his music has no meaning, no... this sounds stupid... soul of his put into it.

I'm just not into it.

That's my opinion though. :D [/font][/size][/color][/center]

Weird Al is awesome. He was the first musician I really got into, and I still enjoy his music today. Sure he makes a ton of really silly songs, but what's wrong with enjoying some really silly **** every once in a while? Frankly, I would much rather listen to Weird Al Yankovic than a bunch of other bands today who supposedly aren't "silly and stupid" or "dumb and pointless".

I like Weird Al, but he's never been a major favorite of mine. I think his best work was a long time ago, but I wouldn't say anything he's put out has been bad. For randomness, I'd rather listen to something like Ween. Weird Al's altered covers and such are fun to listen to, but I can't really bring myself to listen to them for long periods of time.

I grew up listening to Wierd Al. I've always felt that his 'impersonations" of songs that already existed were better than his originals. I've seen him four times in concert. he definitely puts on a good show.

Has anyone seen his movie "UHF" ?

It stars Wierd Al and Micheal Richards ("Kramer" from Seinfield before he was Kramer) Its a pretty good movie. I suggest you try and see it.
:genius:

[size=1]Gosh, Weird Al is uber silly; but highly creative. Sure, it's taking other people's songs and rewording them. Like that hasn't been done and beaten to a bloody pulp in all music genres and bands.........ever.

I like Weird Al. His music is witty and make any of my rotten moods deminish. Plus, I'm sure he'd come up with something creative to go along with the Baron Dance. Which would rock my socks.
[/size]
:bdance: