OtakuBoards

Favorite Video Game Theme Songs

Riku

[size=1]I really enjoy the [b]Kingdom Hearts[/b] themes, both Hikari (or Simple and Clean in the English version) and Passion. I've yet to play Kingdom Hearts 2 yet because it hasn't been released, but mostly with Passion, the song goes [b]so well[/b] with every scene in the introduction movie. It's amazing.

I really like the guitar strummage in Hikari/Simple and Clean. It's very clean cut and simple to play.

As for Passion, in the final version, the use of the piano is nice and simple, too.

These two songs sung by Utada Hikaru are amazing, and I really love them. :D [/size]

[quote name='animeghost']my fav would have to be the ff7 becavse at points it is very mollo and then it gets very roufh and surpries you and all of the pecies of ff12 that i have herd because it is very random i just love it.[/quote]

[color=darkred]animeghost, it's quite difficult to understand what you're trying to say because of your post quality, so could you possibly try and clear that up in the future? Thanks. I'll let your post stay seeing as you've explained a fair bit, and it's sort of legible. So yeah...

As for Metroid Prime's soundtrack, I agree with Desbreko; it's not the kind of music you'd listen to to get a kick out of it. It has more of an atmospheric themed soundtrack, as in the music is set to suit the situation you're in, though I felt that a lot of its was accompanied by sound effects which came from the monsters in the game, as well Samus'. Regardless, my favourite theme from Metroid Prime is that of the opening sequence. You know, the one where you choose a file to play on. That track is so spiggin sweet.[/color]

[quote name='AnimeRules15421']The opening theme to Full Metal Alchemist2.[/quote]

[FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]I totally agree with you, AnimeRules, but could you please tell us WHY you like it?? That's really the whole point of this thread.

Well, the reason that I really like "Ready, Steady, Go!" by L'Arc~en~Ciel is because of the flippin' awesome beat and guitar solos, all the cool band members in it and the lyrics for the song. I don't know why, but it's just something about it when the say, "Don't follow the map... just rip it up and follow your heart!" that makes me feel that I don't need to listen to anyone but myself. Right?? n.n

I've also seen a lot of people put "Passion" by Utada Hikaru from KH II, which I really love that song too. She has the most beautiful voice, whether she sings in japanese or english.. no matter what, all her songs are the greatest. And for some reason, everytime I hear "Simple and Clean" or "Passion", I just get emotional about it and it makes me feel sad and happy at the same time, no matter how many times I hear it. I just really love Utada Hikaru-san.

And, last but not least, I only heard this a few days ago, but my ultimate favorite song for now is "Fighting Dreamers" on the Naruto games!! It just has this totally awesome beat and I really love the words. It makes me want to do ninja moves!! That is.... if I could. n.n; Lol. My favorite line is, "We don't care what we look like when we fight." I don't know why, but I just like it for some reason.

<3[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Guest Stafal-chan
Know what i like about FFX and FFX-2 you can go to Luca and buy movie and music spheres i love it i'll sit there adn listen or watch the movies. i have all of them in both.
So i like
Otherworld FFX
Via PurificoFFX( i love this one)
Rikku Theme and We Oui Al Bhed FFX
1000 words FFX-2
i also like
Simple and Clean both remix and original KH
the .hack series also has a movie and music system u can get from the Ryu Books
i like alot from there.

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=1]Seeing as how I just love to put games out there that no one would ever think of...Here I go!

Most level BGMs from DOOM were really cool, such as the first level, and they really brought out either a sense of urgency or a sense of despair because as we all know; When kicking the forces of Hell back into oblivion you need cool music!

'Big Gun' from Quake 2 was another favorite of mine because it wasn't AS up-beat as some of the other songs but it still conveyed the metal theme that Quake 2 was going for so I really like that one.

and of course..

'Big Blue' from F-Zero! I mean, c'mon, when people hear this song, even if they don't really play F-Zero, they go; 'Hey! Thats Big Blue! F-Zero rules!' Most of the other track themes were pretty neato but none put forth that extra effort that I thought 'Big Blue' did so I like it mostly for that.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=RoyalBlue]Wild Arms or Lunar SSS (i couldnt make up my mind) I like Wild Arms and Cuz I play the guitar. So the Western style music makes it awsome and it goes well with the game . Lunar SSS I could listen to that all the time. I like singer the most about the game. It seem to me that shes a confident person[/COLOR]

• 2 weeks later...
[FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]Hmm... has anyone heard the theme song "Do You Still Remember?" from The Legend of Dragoon? That song is also one of my favorite's because the woman that sings on the song has a really beautiful voice. The song also makes me cry because it's basically about two lovers who are far apart and wonder if they will ever see each other again. Everytime I hear that song, it always reminds me about TLoD, which makes me smile because that game is so close to me that I remember everything about it. I will always love Meru and Rose. Heh heh... X3

<3[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Is it okay if it's a boss BGM? :animeshy: Cause right now I really love the boss BGM on Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga 2 where you fight Abbadon (there are other bosses with similiar BGM on the game). It really is cool :cool: and you'll feel that you're fighting something majestic while you hear the song. It suits the game well!!! :D