OtakuBoards

Yesterday

The13thMan

[FONT=Century Gothic] [COLOR=DarkOrange] Yesterday, all my troubles seemed so far away, but now it seems they're here to stay... (The Beatles, Yesterday)

The song somehow seems to fit my current mood. And it inspired me to ask this question. Everybody has regrets in their life, what're yours?

Personally, i would've killed my procrastination habit right when i first saw it devoloping. It's really horrible. I've really slacked when it came to applying to colleges, and that's a big regret for me. Then of course i would never have hurt the ones i loved....but that's to be expected in life.

Well, that's all i got for now, later everyone. [/COLOR] [/FONT]

[COLOR=DarkGreen]well my biggest regret i guess would be trying 2 get this guy to like me but he turned out to be the biggest jerk ever! if i had listened to my friend about him being an A**hole in the first place i would have never gotten my heart broken. man that was the biggest waste of my time ver! i regret ever falling for him! :animedepr ![/COLOR]

[size=2]If you are happy with who you are, then you shouldn't regret anything. Every moment of your life contributed to who you are today. The sooner you realize this, the sooner you will stop brooding on the past and learn to accept yourself for who you are. The past can not be changed, and if regret shows you something you don't like in yourself, then change it now.[/size]
[size=2][/size]
[size=2]I regret nothing, because I fear that if my past had been different in any way, I might not be as blessed as I am today.[/size]

[COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=1]I'd have to agree with Adahn. Sure, we might have regrets, but without what happened in our past, we wouldn't be the people we are today, no? That being said, my philosophy on life is: Live your life, have no regrets. In other words, don't do anything that you might regret later on in life...sure, you can't always see if you'll reget something, but it's worked sofar for me.

Back on topic, I guess that if I had to name regrets, I'd have to put a couple.

First off is, as with the13thman, procrastiantion. Procrastination is really a killer, and for me, almost litterally. I'm not going in detail here, but if anyone want's to know, just PM me and I'll talk with them about it...

Second is, well, giving up my virginity. I was so proud of it, and keeping it until I was 19...and then, last night, for some unknown reason, I gave it up. I think that I'll regret this decission later on, but I'm not sad I chose to give it up. Jose is an awsome guy, and I think there's nothing I could have done better but to give that to him to let him know how I really feal...huh, regrets. I guess we'll see...

-Random[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[SIZE=1]Interesting, most interesting.

As most people have already said spending time dwelling on regrets is a waste of time, **** happens and you really do just need to move on or you run the risk of getting stuck in your tracks and letting life pass you by, I know this from personal experience. However my biggest regret is that I never went back to high school in the January after having my neck fixed, I was one of those highly strung, workaholic nerds who was aiming high and when my whole life came crashing down around me I just froze. I spend the better part of eighteen months just wallowing in misery for not being man enough to just go back.

Still being out gave my so very valuable insight into life, and actually genuinely experience life a bit, as well as giving me the focus to aim for exactly what I want to do in life rather than kill myself by trying to be able to get enough points to do everything. It also gave me a heck of a lot more time to dedicate to OtakuBoards and my friend online, without it I'd probably have left OB some time ago from inactivity. But my life is as it is, and regretting stuff is pointless because you can't change it, all you really can do is learn from your mistakes and move on. [/SIZE]

Everyone has or will have regrets! I have them foe sure! It's part of life. I try not to have them but hell that's impossible. And I know there will be more to come. I don't know how, when or what but they'll happene. **** happenes unfortunatly.

Let's see here's some......

Giving up the Bon Jovi tickets I had...STUPID!
Not meeting Def Leppard both times they came to my town when I could have...STUPID!
Not going to school right away after grad...well...in a way I do but in another way I'd never met the friends I met or did the things I did so.... not too bad.
Falling in love.....WAS I EVER STUPID!
Telling that and letting them know how I truly feel.....well...see I'm glad they know so well i don't regret that so much.
Being me..LOL ya no jk
Going back to my hell job ya STUPID!
Not going to Toronto last may...STUPID!
Listening to lies and not my friends...STUPID!

I have them, will have them and will try not too but you can't always know.
Be happy!

Even though I'm really depressed now still be happy!!!!!

[SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][LEFT]I don't like to regret anything. Infact, I could regret the fact that I was so shy in middleschool and I didn't stand up to the people who were mean to me. But then again, I wouldn't have gained the courage that I did in Highschool and seek out change.

I'm a completely different person and have a lot of self-esteem because of the people that use to be mean to me when I was younger. It's kind of ironic, but now every chance I get I stand up for myself and others. It's helped me relate to others and made me the caring person I am today. Even now, my friends will tell you I always care about people and never judge anyone. No one ever could label me in highschool because I made friends with all different types of people. If I would have never been b*tched at, I would have never known what it felt like to be left out and to be considered "different".

I believe it's made me a better person, even if it was a bad experience in my past, I grew from it. So no, I don't regret anything that I do. Some things will suck every once in awhile, but I'd like to think it happened for a reason. Even though some things just don't have one. [/SIZE][/LEFT][/FONT]

I try to live my life without regrets, so I concur with a lot of people who have posted here so far. Life is full of crap, so you just have to take it and deal with it. Enough said on that matter.

I have to say, however, is that I've found one regret in my living without regrets. I've had a wierd life, so I suppose that I've become a bit harsh in the way I look at things. Bluntly, I can be a complete jerk on the best of days, and then I don't regret it afterward. I see that as a problem, so I regret not catching that problem sooner and changing the way I look at the world.

[SIZE=1]I don't know. There's probably a few things I wish I'd done slightly differently, but that's just life.

I wish I hadn't put so much trust in my biological father. All he does is let me down.

I wish I wasn't in love with a scuicidal drug attict. I wish I didn't waste so many months crying over him when he ODed, got really sick, and finally killed himself. I wish I didn't still love him.

I wish I didn't fall for my best friend. All I did was break his heart.

Falling in love is hard. All I do is fall for guys that are like my biological father. I hate that about myself.[/SIZE]