OtakuBoards

Makes me so proud.....

Dan L

What do you consider your greatest acheivement ever?
I think for me its actually getting into uni, as well as doing very little work at my part time job and never having a single complaint. I say i'm practicing 'pay related performance'.

go on... set your ego free and tell us why you are THE BEST!

Guest Master O Beans
Well, after this week I'll be done with my first semester at Michigan State...and if all goes [I]semi[/I]-well on the finals....I won't be on academic probation :D ...so that's an achievement :lecture: :genius:

[color=orangered][size=1]Greatest achievement?

My greatest achievement so far would probably be that starting this month, I'm going to be writing for Nintendo Gamer Magazine here in Australia.

It's soon to become Nintendo Australia's official mag, too.

So I consider it my greatest achievement so far...but I hope it's not my [b]last[/b] great achievement. ;)[/color][/size]

I can't say I'm proud for any achievment of mine. As an artist I strive for perfection, in anything I do.... thus nothing is the best to me. I always think I can do better and most of the time end up hurting myself in the process. Plus I'm not one much on pride in something I do.... I do have pride.... but I have pride in what I am, not what i do.

eh, i dunno. i've achieved many things, but none of them really meant anything to me (though i am rather proud of my SAT score). none of my achievements were ever really praised. it was more like "well, good, you're not completely screwing up." so that's just how i think of it.

i'm proud of the more basic things i do/create: playing guitar/singing, writing, art, &... just living. esp. in this day & age, we need to recognize the miracle of being alive... living life to the fullest is the greatest achievement to me. i haven't gotten there yet, but i'm trying.

oh! i just thought of something. when i was 12 & i landed my first back-handspring on the balance beam.

Facing my fears,Going up on stage. And sing staying alive with back up from my two nephews. Scary but I faced my fear. I think of that an achivement.

I'd say I'm proud of not seeing people for who they are and not what color or religion they are. I'm also proud of getting into college because few people around my neighborhood even go. You can't imagine how many people I know disappeared into rehab or simply dropped out.

I'm also proud that I have a good sense of humor. Lastly I'm proud of my sig because it's just oh so good.

My greatest acheivements:

Hopefully getting my name credited on a paper I was working on doing molecular modelling of three dimensional protein - protein interactions (when it gets published in a journal called..........ah damn what is it called?! :o have to get back to you on that one. It's been a while since I worked on it.)

Getting some of my sci-fi book reviews published in a magazine and in book trade magazines and news letters.

And last but by no means least being poet of the month on the otakupoetry site. Yes I know it's a horrible photo but I had the flu
:rolleyes: :D

Hmmm. . greatest achievment. . Hmmm

Let's see - I am rather proud of my ability to make people feel better. As a result of this, I usually suffer the conciquences of EVERYONE wanting to be my friend. Not a bad thing you say? Well, imagine when I am interested in a girl, and it turns out she loves me like a brother (I hate that) instead of anything else. . . *sigh*

But to be honest, I really wouldn't trade that for anything. I know there is probably someone out there for me ^_^ riiiiiight. . .

*cough* Other then that. . ummm, I am super happy to be awesome in video games, and usually make my friends strive harder to become as good as I am =)

[EDIT] Oh yeah. . I can make almost any girl make fun of me, laugh at me, or hit me. And before you ask, it is almost NEVER my fault!! I swear to you. I just look like the kind of person that you WANT to hit I suppose. But it is really only with women. Let's see. . last time I was hit by a girl was at a strip club, when the stripper kicked me in my nose (on purpose) when I went to set my glass down. . Last time laughed at/made fun of was at the mall, and my good friend Jay said I had a fat head >_< She laughed, and I suppose I made fun of myself more then she did . . but it was still fun to tease her about. . guess that one is my fault then~ [END EDIT]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by NorykoAngelcry [/i]
[B]Hmmm. . greatest achievment. . Hmmm

Let's see - I am rather proud of my ability to make people feel better. As a result of this, I usually suffer the conciquences of EVERYONE wanting to be my friend. Not a bad thing you say? Well, imagine when I am interested in a girl, and it turns out she loves me like a brother (I hate that) instead of anything else. . . *sigh*

But to be honest, I really wouldn't trade that for anything. I know there is probably someone out there for me ^_^ riiiiiight. . .

*cough* Other then that. . ummm, I am super happy to be awesome in video games, and usually make my friends strive harder to become as good as I am =) [/B][/QUOTE]
That's good, but just one problem. You can make everyone happy, but when you're sad, no one is there to make you happy.
For the part that imagine a you're interested in a girl and she loved you as a brother, that probably because you're being too nice to her like a family.

[B]Well, imagine when I am interested in a girl, and it turns out she loves me like a brother (I hate that) instead of anything else. . . *sigh*[/B][/QUOTE]

Ok, so I don't know you personally, but take it from a girl, what we need a lot of the time is someone just like you. And believe me it can work to your advantage. I had a mate like that who I loved like a brother and we ended up dating for nearly 2 years. In the end we split up but it had nothing to do with our friendship.
It sounds cliche but eventually the girls will realise that what they want to settle down with is someone just like you, a funny sensitve guy - again I'm guessing but you sound like that kind of person.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by woody [/i]
[B]
That's good, but just one problem. You can make everyone happy, but when you're sad, no one is there to make you happy.
For the part that imagine a you're interested in a girl and she loved you as a brother, that probably because you're being too nice to her like a family. [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]I LOVE to make people happy. . it is a wierd thing with my, where I love to see people laugh and love seeing them smile. I don't really know if that makes any sense, but my favorite thing about people is seeing their smiles. Why are people so afraid to laugh and smile now-a-days? :D Smiling and laughing are good!!

Oh well, as for being too nice to women - it is still that problem thing with me. I think I have forgotten how to be mean. . I mean, I spend so much time trying to appologize and make up for other people that I don't think I have insulted someone in a LONG time. I mean, I do my little crack shots at people, but in my opinion, that really isn't said in being serious as much as it is to try and make them laugh or smile . . (see paragraph 1, LOL)

Oh well. . guess that is why I am put here on Earth though, right? If you believe that everyone has a purpose.~

[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ~Videl~ [/i]
[B]

Ok, so I don't know you personally, but take it from a girl, what we need a lot of the time is someone just like you. And believe me it can work to your advantage. I had a mate like that who I loved like a brother and we ended up dating for nearly 2 years. In the end we split up but it had nothing to do with our friendship.
It sounds cliche but eventually the girls will realise that what they want to settle down with is someone just like you, a funny sensitve guy - again I'm guessing but you sound like that kind of person. [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]Thanks Videl, I suppose that makes total sense, but to be honest, at the age I am, women are more interested in the flashy dangerous kind of men, and not really looking for the calm, luke-warm likes of myself ^_^

I don't mean to complain here, and if anyone thinks I am, sorry. . in a few cases, the wrong women have been attracted to me because they have been through the junkie relationships and wanted a more calm and sensitive guy to be with. But in those cases, I have heard the stories from themselves, and am not really ready for THOSE types of relationships . . . making no sense, I know =) *poof*
[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[B]

[COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]I LOVE to make people happy. . it is a wierd thing with my, where I love to see people laugh and love seeing them smile. I don't really know if that makes any sense, but my favorite thing about people is seeing their smiles. Why are people so afraid to laugh and smile now-a-days? :D Smiling and laughing are good!!

Oh well, as for being too nice to women - it is still that problem thing with me. I think I have forgotten how to be mean. . I mean, I spend so much time trying to appologize and make up for other people that I don't think I have insulted someone in a LONG time. I mean, I do my little crack shots at people, but in my opinion, that really isn't said in being serious as much as it is to try and make them laugh or smile . . (see paragraph 1, LOL)

Oh well. . guess that is why I am put here on Earth though, right? If you believe that everyone has a purpose.~

[/SIZE][/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]
it's not weird of what's you're doing or feel as you describe. I liked to make people happy, if they feel happy then I feel good inside. [color=blue][size=1] You sound very innocent. [/color][/size]

[B]

[COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]Thanks Videl, I suppose that makes total sense, but to be honest, at the age I am, women are more interested in the flashy dangerous kind of men, and not really looking for the calm, luke-warm likes of myself ^_^

I don't mean to complain here, and if anyone thinks I am, sorry. . in a few cases, the wrong women have been attracted to me because they have been through the junkie relationships and wanted a more calm and sensitive guy to be with. But in those cases, I have heard the stories from themselves, and am not really ready for THOSE types of relationships . . . making no sense, I know =) *poof*
[/SIZE][/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

Nope, you are making perfect sense to me. I think I am a similar kind of person to you. I'm not an extrovert kind of person, more reserved yet confident but ever since a young age I have been everyones agony aunt. Again I don't mind at all, I guess my purpose is to help people and I enjoy doing it. I always used to get the men who had bad relationships and wanted to be with me, but thet just expected me to carry them through their own troubles and I can't cope with that as well. But since I've been older, the men finally know what they want in a long term relationship, and it really is worth the wait;) :D I know how you feel but my best agony aunt advice:D is to enjoy your popularity and freedom while you have it. The girl situation may suck now, but you will only see with hindsight how much better realy solid mates are :) I'm probably not making much sense but that would be the :alcohol: - bad day :(

[COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]I am 20 - LOL ^_^

As for what you said Videl, it makes perfect sense. . and sorry you are having a rough day =( Back to the relationships - I DO tend to attract the ones with the more emotional problems - of course, that going back to me being there emotionally help them.

Riiiight then. . . off I go (insert laughing here). . . what?

Just kidding off to work

[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by woody [/i]
[B]To be honest, I don't like your type of guy. Sorry if I hurt your feeling, but I'm just telling how I feel. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]You're new and already telling people you don't know that you don't like their "type"? Careful my friend ;)

I, on the other hand, love guys like you Noryko! Yousa great person :wave:

Oh, and my greatest accomplishment would be...probably all of the work I have gotten published, online and in publications. My photos and my writing...it's a great feeling :)[/color]