OtakuBoards

Choose......

myst

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[COLOR=SlateGray][SIZE=1]Well, since myst didn't post a choice, I'll just answer Raiyuu's again. Honestly, this one is no contest. I'd much rather be destitue with the love of my life, since money isn't worth losing love. Jamie is far more important to me than any amount of success.

Right. My turn.

Would you prefer to be shot in the head, a swift and relatively painless death. No muss, no fuss, just a bullet in the brain to end it forever. You will, of course, be dead, and all your friends and loved ones will suffer with that on their hands, and the crushing pain of mourning may drive them to eat a shotgun themselves. Who knows. All you know, is that you die.

Or

You can cut off your own leg with a rusty hacksaw. It will be immensely painful, no doubt about that, and will probably last several hours. You will bleed heavily, and possibly get some kind of blood poisoning from the rust, most likely tetanus (or lock-jaw). However, you'll be alive, and can go on to lead a near-fully functioning life with a prosthetic leg, and will be happy and healthy aside from the agony and possible illness that can be cured, in all likelihood.

Quick, permanent death? Or long-lasting agony?[/SIZE][/COLOR]

I can't choose...LOL...I guess agony if it wasn't too bad. Of course, knowing my luck it would be... :animeswea

[B]Listening to 50cent's sexual raps

or

Jumping off a clift in the artics(parachute attached) butt naked.[/B]

Some may like 50cent, but me don't!

[COLOR=Sienna][FONT=Times New Roman]I'd choose theartict cliff. I live in Winnipeg. It's friggin -36 here on average. I'm rather fond of the cold, so I'd be fine.

Ok:

Getting in the ring with Mike Tyson while he threatens to eat your children etc etc

OR

Get in bed with Micheal Jackson[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=SlateGray][SIZE=1]I'm pretty sure I could take MJ in a fight. Tyson, I'm less confident about. So, not being an idiot, I'll pick bed with the freak.

And, just to mess with with the [spoiler]"omg preps and pink suck" idiots who'd rather eat maggots or things like that[/spoiler] people who picked the other options on these two...

Be in a room full of pink and Hello Kitty stuff, etc., blah blah blah, omg it's pink how tragic.

Or

Be in a room full of preps. Which is so much worse than, say, having your leg chopped off. Yeah.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=Pink][SIZE=1][FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode]Lol, fear the Pink Unborn Lord Xion! XD

I would rather take the preps. Even though I'm using the color pink I hate it so.

Okay

Feeling the pain and torture from everyone human in the world in one second
or

Slowy getting dipped in a pool of acid?[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[SIZE=1]Pssh..what do you have against pink now? I actually like [b]hot pink[/b] [u]&&[/u] I'm not afraid to admit that. Ahhh..highschool and their labels. Since I don't "label" people, I'd say being stuck in a Hello kitty room. I happen to think some of the stuff is cute (even though I don't own much of anything hello kitty, most "preps" at my HS at the time stayed clear away from that store).

As for the other question, I would pick feeling the pain and torture from everyone human in the world in one second. Because it would be one second, whereas acid can last longer and you could lose a leg. Yet again with what ULX stated, losing your leg would hurt. A lot. Anyways...

If you could have the choice between two things, what would it be?

[b]A chance to make someones dream come true but something awful would happen to you afterwards (including death). [/b]

Or

[b]To be able to pursue your own dream and be successful at it but would have the bad side-effects of being famous and being stalked all the time. [/b][/SIZE]

[QUOTE=Dee][SIZE=1][b]A chance to make someones dream come true but something awful would happen to you afterwards (including death). [/b]

Or

[b]To be able to pursue your own dream and be successful at it but would have the bad side-effects of being famous and being stalked all the time. [/b][/SIZE][/QUOTE]
[size=1]Aww, Dee, you make my life easy. Of course I'm going to pick to be rich and famous and successful. Being stalked isn't that bad, when you have an estate the size of a small town. You'd have plenty of room to roam around. Hehehe.

Would you rather [b]die by being thrown in an oven[/b] or [b]freeze to death in Antartica?[/b] Oh yeah. Tough choice.[/size]

[quote name='Retribution][size=1]Would you rather [b]die by being thrown in an oven[/b] or [b]freeze to death in Antartica?[/b'] Oh yeah. Tough choice.[/size][/quote]

[B]Die on oven....[/B] I hate to freeze..... :animeangr

Would you rather... :animeknow

[I]Lick a drunker's spit[/I]

or

[I]Not able to move your body even a finger but still left alive[/I]

[COLOR=Pink][SIZE=1][FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode]I rather freeze in Anartica. I have this thing with been perserved. If you freeze in Anartica theres a likely chance you body would be perfectly perserved. I think is really cool if that would happen to me. For burning there might be no trace of your existence after words. I would like someone to know I existed, so Anartica would be my choice.

Now for the other one, licking a drunker's spit. I would hate not able to move a inch. I'm a very active person and the thought of unable to do anything makes me crazy! I would kill myself if I could if I where in that state!

Now

Loving someone and doing everything you can for them. Then you realize you can never have them?

or

Your existence been hated, and everyone and everything you know and love wants you died.
[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#f8223d][SIZE=1]"Loving someone and doing everything you can for them. Then you realize you can never have them?"
Definately. It's better to have loved and lost (or never had, as the case may be) than to have never loved at all. It would be painful, but something that I could get over with time.

And while on the pink subject still? I adore hot pink, I'm getting the front of my hair dyed hot pink this summer, even.

[U]Okay, then:[/U]
[B]-Lose the love of your life, but be left with your friends to comfort you or;

-Lose all your friends, with only your significant other left to console you?[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]My my look at how popular this thread has gotten in about...two days. I really should get to bed some time soon.

However I would choose to just rather love a person that I would know I would never have. I would just kill myself if I found out that everyone just wanted me to die and I was hated. That is like my life force just to be known by everyone and such now.

Would you rather be a literal whore from the age of ten to whenever you do. (no you can't commit suicide)

Or would you rather destroy an entire city just because they said you looked ugly.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

I'd rather destroying an entire city............man.....I have a high selfregard to myself didn't I? :naughty:. That same selfregard made me refuse the way of whoreship (was that even a word??? I didn't know) :D

Would you rather :animeknow

[I]Having your arms and legs chopped (still alive) and having salt poured down on you (still alive....and left alive....)[/I]
or
[I]Have all people on the world forsakes you....[/I]

:naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

[font=Trebuchet MS]The second one, I guess. Pain is nasty, and I'm kind of a recluse anyway ... it wouldn't be nice to be forsaken by the entire human race, but I could write books and self-publish under a pseudonym; no one would know I wrote them, so there'd be no reason for them not to read / buy them, and then at least I'd know I'd reached someone.

A lot of these dilemmas seem very ... arbitrary. I'm sure the two choices should be related to one another somehow.

[quote=Ikillion][/font][color=DarkSlateGray][size=1][font=Comic Sans MS] Would you rather be a literal whore from the age of ten to whenever you do. (no you can't commit suicide)

Or would you rather destroy an entire city just because they said you looked ugly.[/font][/size][/color][font=Trebuchet MS][/quote] See what I mean? Sorry to pick on you Ikillion but you were the first one I looked at. The two options have no relation to one another, so it's less a dilemma and more an arbitrary choice between two things, if you see. I'm pretty sure to work well in this game, the options have to be mutually exclusive (i.e. choosing one makes the other impossible). There are exceptions like the 'who would you rather be in a room with' types, but basically, some of these dilemmas are dumb.

And to strike back at all the gore-mongers (seriously guys, why does every dilemma have to involve pain and death?):

Would you rather:
[i]have your favourite band play an intimate, invite-only gig especially for you and your close friends[/i]
or
[i]win a lifetime season ticket to every gig that band will ever play, with the guarantee they'd never play just for you?[/i]
[/font]

[SIZE=1][FONT=Trebuchet MS]I personally would rather have the world forsake me. It'd be less emotional and physical torture than your rather morbid suggestion. The post-traumatic-stress disorder from the ordeal would haunt me, dark depression and so on and so forth. What about the person that did it to you? What other crimes have they committed?

Now that I think about it, being forsaken by the world would torture me for the rest of my miserable life. Would I be forsaken because of a righteous decision?

The state of the world would wear heavily on my heart, especially if those forsaking me were my friends. I'd certainly feel lost and scorned for the rest of my life, eventually succumbing to depression with no-one by my side. How awful.

What about being forsaken for a..lets just say less-than-good decision or action?

Personal conscience or guilt would kill me quicker. Being constantly reminded for choosing the wrong, haunted by my actions. No chance of redemption for the rest of my days. Ouch. Not cool.

It's official then. I'd go with the comparitively brief physical torture. I'd rather suffer in the short term and then overcome my terrible ordeal, with friends at my side, than be plagued by my conscience and the people of the earth for the rest of my days. The toughest part of that decision would be forgiving the person that tortured me so..]

Right right. Writing an essay response, sorry about that. I just got thinking.

[b]EDIT: Dash it all! Multitasking takes a lot of time..[/b]

[b]Raiyuu[/b]: Hm All gigs, ever, without them ever acknowledging you...or that one amazing evening?

Okay wait. Hm. That's how I thought of it.

I'd have to go with the one amazing and personalised show. I mean, I hardly go out to gigs because I don't have the cash and people who go to gigs generally wear tight women's jeans and scare me.. I'd have to say that I'd rather have [b]Flogging Molly[/b] play a gig for my mates and I, with the chance of really getting to know them afterwards, than visit their shows merely as a consumer.

Wait a sec, they'd have to get to know me first, to personalise the show for me. Wow. Definitely going with the personal gig thing. Two thumbs up!

[i]Also[/i] considering that most of the questions are frankly rather morbid or life/death decisions, I thought I'd [i]also[/i] ask a real question. This is something that recently I had to overcome, so you can taste the cutting edge rawness or something something..

Existential moments are bittersweet. Suck it in!

Would you rather be a full time student studying a science degree that requires 20 contact hours, and support yourself by working 30 hours a week so that you can [i]eventually[/i] afford textbooks?

Or,

Would you rather drop a subject, work less hours, and complete your degree two years time instead of one? [Keeping in mind that without the extra money, rent would suck and so would your budget?][/size][/font]

[COLOR=#656446][QUOTE=Raiyuu][font=Trebuchet MS] Would you rather:
[i]have your favourite band play an intimate, invite-only gig especially for you and your close friends[/i]
or
[i]win a lifetime season ticket to every gig that band will ever play, with the guarantee they'd never play just for you?[/i]
[/font][/QUOTE]Ah, to be in the same room as the guys of Asian Kung Fu Generation! What bliss!

This fangirl knows that she can't keep her object of affection for herself and her friends, who apparently do not know AKFG. This fangirl is generous and wants to share her object of affection with other fangirls. This fangirl will definitely want to win that [b]lifetime season ticket to every gig that band will ever play, even with the guarantee they'd never play just for her[/b].

Easy as pie, Raiyuu.

[QUOTE=liamc2][SIZE=1][FONT=Trebuchet MS]Would you rather be a full time student studying a science degree that requires 20 contact hours, and support yourself by working 30 hours a week so that you can [i]eventually[/i] afford textbooks?

Or,

Would you rather drop a subject, work less hours, and complete your degree two years time instead of one? [Keeping in mind that without the extra money rent would suck and so would your budget?][/size][/font][/QUOTE]I choose the latter. I've been working my *** off for a science degree for 3 years now, what's two years to me? Also, I must have loads of free time so that I can log on to OB for longer hours (Internet's free at school:3).
[b]OB = Serious Business.[/b]

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Alright, kiddies. Try this on for size:
[b]Be insanely popular because you starred in a widely-parodied Internet video (read: worldwide viewership)[/b]

or,

[b]Have an insanely popular song that gets ripped off by another artist who then gets recognized for the song while you, oh most unfortunate one, are sued for copyright infringement?[/b] (improbable but go with me in this one, love)
[/COLOR]

[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS]
um.........latter i suppose, i'd rather be sued, there are some pretty good lawyers out there :catgirl:
there's been a lot of death choices posted lately, so i thought maybe i should post one that's a little less.....corpsy?
ok:
-would you rather be a secutary (don't think it's the right sp) who is harassed by you boss, but can't tell anyone, or you'll be fired....
OR
-would you rather be the innocent boss that gets accused for harassing you employee..... (those poor poor people :animesigh )

i hope everyone keeps posting, because i really like this thread.. :) [/FONT][/B]

[quote name='myst][B][FONT=Comic Sans MS]there's been a lot of death choices posted lately, so i thought maybe i should post one that's a little less.....corpsy?[/FONT'][/B][/quote]

For some reason, I felt guilty :D

[QUOTE=myst][B][FONT=Comic Sans MS]-would you rather be a secutary (don't think it's the right sp) who is harassed by you boss, but can't tell anyone, or you'll be fired....
OR
-would you rather be the innocent boss that gets accused for harassing you employee..... (those poor poor people :animesigh )[/FONT][/B][/QUOTE]

I'd rather being the secretary that get harrassed. I won't fear his threat of firing me cause you know what? If someone wants to bring me down so badly that I could do nothing about it then I will bring him down along with me too......I don't want to suffer alone!!! :naughty:

I'll tell everyone about him harrassing me so eventhough I get fired, he'll also feel his action's prices!!! :naughty:

:D

Alright, I'll kept it a little more........alively (???).....now...... :D

Would you rather :animeknow

[I]Dancing naked on open street (daytime....not night....)[/I]

or

[I]Dancing naked in front of the president of your nation[/I]

;)

[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS]wooooooooo, hard one. um, i think i'd rather dance naked in front the president than on the streets, it's not like i'm ever gonna ever see him again.....besides, he'll be the only person who would see it.....

ok:
-would you rather live poorly and gets pushed around every single day but you have freedom
OR
-would you rather live like a millionaire and buy what ever you want in the world but you can't do a single thing without a reporter around[/FONT][/B]

[COLOR=Pink][FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode][SIZE=1]I would pick the second one! I can't stand been pushed around. I have to tell the truth, I have too much pride. I guess pride is my deadly sin, haha.

[U]Which do you perfer?[/U]

Been omptimistic yet noticing alot of the ugly things in life more then your supposed
too. You see all things go wrong yet blindly ignore it to keep yourself 'optimistic'.

or

Seen every single bad thing in life and never been able to see the good. Yet you can't do anything about it?[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]

[QUOTE=NekoSama101]eating a bucket a maggot infesting donkey vomit
or
having everyone you know hate you for a week[/QUOTE]
Maggot? Damn, those slimy little creature just don't fit my appetite :sick: , so I think I'd pass.....I'd rather being hated by a week by everyone I knows....it's only for a week anyway, but if it's for eternity.....I'll consider the first choice :animesigh

And now....would you rather :animeknow

[I]Study physics for one month non-stop (with snacks as your meal)[/I]

or

[I]Study chems for one month non-stop (same as above)[/I]

[QUOTE=rAphaEl][I]Study physics for one month non-stop (with snacks as your meal)[/I]

or

[I]Study chems for one month non-stop (same as above)[/I][/QUOTE][color=#b00007][size=1]Dear lord, that's not a choice. As I see no intrinsic difference between the two, I arbitrarily choose physics.

Would you rather live the rest of your life adhering rigidly to a vegan diet, or be featured on America's Next Top Model?*

*no offense to vegans.[/color][/size]

[quote name='Retribution][size=1']Aww, Dee, you make my life easy. Of course I'm going to pick to be rich and famous and successful. Being stalked isn't that bad, when you have an estate the size of a small town. You'd have plenty of room to roam around. Hehehe. [/size][/quote][SIZE=1]Yeah but could you handle the pressure from someone breaking into your house every night trying to assassinate you and steal your money? Doesn't sound like a complete paradise to me.

[QUOTE=Delta][COLOR=#656446]I choose the latter. I've been working my *** off for a science degree for 3 years now, what's two years to me? Also, I must have loads of free time so that I can log on to OB for longer hours (Internet's free at school:3).
[b]OB = Serious Business.[/b][/COLOR][/QUOTE]It's funny because lately I've been having a similar problem. I have been working way too hard and Delta helped me realize this. Yet again, [b]Delta[/b] you are my hero lol.

[quote name='Sara][color=#b00007][size=1]Would you rather live the rest of your life adhering rigidly to a vegan diet, or be featured on America's Next Top Model?*[/color'][/size][/quote]Um wow. This one is easy. Be featured on America's Next Top Model. Who wouldn't want to be? Bring me the moolah. Anyways onto my choices...

A genie popped open two bottles that are filled with two different kinds of magical sand. One is purple, resembles small pebbles, beautifully shiny and is smooth to touch but smells of rotten eggs. Tthe other is red, slimy, lumpy, but smells of butterscotch candy (just go with me on this). What will you choose?

1. The purple one symbolizes wealth and royalty. If you use it, it will bring you wealth and riches but you will have a horrible love life and everyone will despise you because of your instant wealth for the rest of your life.

2. The red one symbolizes love and friendship, you will be loved and adored by others. Leadership will bring you a propserous life however you will suffer from worst poverty forever.

Okay, so it's a wierd way to put the question, but you all know what I'm getting at. Which out of the two is most important to you. Choose wisely now! [/SIZE]